TheCumbriansNet RT @forgottengoals: Carlisle just dropped out of the top flight & Mick Barry scoring a cracker at Chelsea in '75-76 #cufc @CUOSC @officialc
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Darren Edmondson urges Carlisle Utd's youth cup stars to prove they can become professionals at Brunton Park: https://t.co/4
13hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @davida993: Would like to thank @officialcufc for the last 18 months, great bunch of lads and fans always made me feel welcome, all th…
13hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender Kevin Wright has left United by mutual consent at the end of his short term deal with the club http…
15hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Kevin Wright has today left the club by mutual consent with our best wishes: https://t.co/oRILfltzfk https://t.co/1hsK9Hv
15hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Youth boss Darren Edmondson with @LCFC match reaction: https://t.co/0KEry1r4LP https://t.co/MA9Ax3stt7
17hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Watch highlights from yesterday's @FA Youth Cup game at @LCFC on our YouTube channel here: https://t.co/ZjTgfjYXtM
17hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbcfl2: FL2: Carlisle and Atkinson part company https://t.co/bgS3gKZll0
17hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Defender David Atkinson has parted company with United by mutual consent after 18 months with the club https…
17hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Defender David Atkinson @davida993 has today left United by mutual consent and with our very best wishes: https://t.co/Nz
19hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 1930 | Former Carlisle United and Liverpool defender Geoff Twentyman was born in Brampton https://t.co/ge
23hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's it - great effort United but Leicester go through #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United have given a very good account of themselves here. Looked in awe of the occasion for 40 minutes - have been the be…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: That's half time - Leicester 2 - 1 United #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: United back in this as Olsen surged forward. He fed Salkeld through and his finish, from a tight angle, was a beauty #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: GOOOOALLLLLL - Salkeld
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 26' Cruel on United. Webber tried his luck from 23 yards, wicked deflection, it looped over the stranded United keeper. L…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: Such was the confusion for their goal, Ughelumba now being credited with the goal which seperates the sides as things sta…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 13 mins - Goal to Leicester - given to Ndukwu. Leicester 1 - 0 United #cufc
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: We've kicked off, come on lads #cufc
TheCumbrians.net CUFC Forum
  • Forum

  • Visit Now!
  • Over 1000 members
  • Breaking News
  • Match Discussion
Carlisle United Current Squad Information
Carlisle United Current Season Information
TheCumbrians.net Player Sponsorship
  • Player Sponsorship

  • Make a donation
  • Sponsor Shaun Miller
  • Win Home Shirt
  • Win Away Shirt
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: New signing 'close'.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:16 #1

  • chesterviabothel
  • chesterviabothel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 888
  • Likes received: 353
BBC Cumbria Sport tweeted that KC has agreed a deal with a club and is set for talks with a player.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:18 #2

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 241
  • Likes received: 61
Striker to replace Wyke when he goes to Preston.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:20 #3

  • Moylesey
  • Moylesey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 147
  • Likes received: 110
What's that you say? The new sheriff is near??
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:25 #4

  • PaddockRanger
  • PaddockRanger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 478
  • Likes received: 64
Rhys Healy perhaps?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:25 #5

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 4320
  • Likes received: 2172
Moylesey wrote:
What's that you say? The new sheriff is near??


The conspiracy theorists are now googling players named Bart.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: mojo

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 12:27 #6

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 241
  • Likes received: 61
Just waiting for superblueabbott to appear! B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 13:50 #7

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Gilliead, Slipped it into the conversation at the end of the Gillesphey negotiations ;)

But seriously i wouldn't be surprised to see it be a Newcastle loanee.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 13:51 by TheLazyLewisGuy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 15:29 #8

  • cufcmike
  • cufcmike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 507
  • Likes received: 250
You misinterpreted it. Its actually Miroslav Klose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 15:40 #9

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Ben Close
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 16:16 #10

  • ParcelPete
  • ParcelPete's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 1209
  • Likes received: 630
TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:
Ben Close

But no Cigar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 17:09 #11

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Sounds like he's been given permission to speak to 2 players. the one he talked about will be permanent, May be a loan deal to get him in for the weekend before making it permanent next week.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 17:09 by TheLazyLewisGuy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 17:11 #12

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3922
  • Likes received: 1353
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 17:13 by CCU.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 17:14 #13

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Radio tees followed the club lately on twitter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 17:18 #14

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
CCU wrote:
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?

Been called off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 17:59 #15

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 1049
  • Likes received: 184
Ben Dover
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 20:57 #16

  • NORTHERNSOUL
  • NORTHERNSOUL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2524
  • Likes received: 421
CCU wrote:
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?

As per the thread earlier in the week the boro lad is a they will pay his wages till the end of the season job if we give him an 18 month or more contract now same as when we signed Wyke from them.

And the other player on loan is Rhys Healey
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 21:01 #17

  • carlisleunited
  • carlisleunited's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 241
  • Likes received: 61
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
CCU wrote:
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?

As per the thread earlier in the week the boro lad is a they will pay his wages till the end of the season job if we give him an 18 month or more contract now same as when we signed Wyke from them.

And the other player on loan is Rhys Healey

Think you could be right Barry. Heard the same thing earlier tonight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 21:19 #18

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 4320
  • Likes received: 2172
carlisleunited wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
CCU wrote:
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?

As per the thread earlier in the week the boro lad is a they will pay his wages till the end of the season job if we give him an 18 month or more contract now same as when we signed Wyke from them.

And the other player on loan is Rhys Healey

Think you could be right Barry. Heard the same thing earlier tonight.

Dont doubt the great man. You could be off the stag do at this rate ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carlisleunited

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 21:38 #19

  • NORTHERNSOUL
  • NORTHERNSOUL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2524
  • Likes received: 421
carlisleunited wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
CCU wrote:
Watching a target at Middlesbrough tonight: mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk//news/articl...opments-3503475.aspx

Sounds seperate from the earlier mentioned target? Doubt they'd play tonight if we're close to talks?

As per the thread earlier in the week the boro lad is a they will pay his wages till the end of the season job if we give him an 18 month or more contract now same as when we signed Wyke from them.

And the other player on loan is Rhys Healey

Think you could be right Barry. Heard the same thing earlier tonight.

Plymouth have their minds on other things this week and KC is trying to do a deal before they renew their interest once theyre out of the cup.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carlisleunited

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 21:51 #20

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3922
  • Likes received: 1353
Plymouth have made 2 decent signings this week already. Jakob Sokolik in at CB and Striker Nathan Blissett from Torquay...
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:02 #21

  • MerseysideBlue
  • MerseysideBlue's Avatar
  • Online
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 927
  • Likes received: 395
Any decent prospects at Boro we're likely to be in for?

Not a bad thing to have particularly close links with a club like Boro - they've got a very good youth setup there and there's bound to be a few decent players who aren't quite good enough to make it. With York and Hartlepool both struggling, we're in an ideal place to pick them off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:06 #22

  • PaddockRanger
  • PaddockRanger's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 478
  • Likes received: 64
CCU wrote:
Plymouth have made 2 decent signings this week already. Jakob Sokolik in at CB and Striker Nathan Blissett from Torquay...


decent signings? i would not be happy with Curle if he signed either of them players.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:10 #23

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • Posts: 2282
  • Likes received: 735
CCU wrote:
Plymouth have made 2 decent signings this week already. Jakob Sokolik in at CB and Striker Nathan Blissett from Torquay...

Hmmm not sure about Nathan Blissett. A Bristol Rovers fan I know says he's not good enough for League 2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:15 #24

  • Max
  • Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 1
The lad they're after is Bryn Morris and the wage situation is TBC still, will be paying less than 50% though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:18 #25

  • The Archer
  • The Archer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 254
  • Likes received: 59
The Plymouth fans are up in arms because Derek Adams has been told none of the Liverpool income is going on new players, imagine the reaction if our owners were that tight.

They're also very unimpressed with their two new signings. Kavanagh tried to sign Sokolik for us, which gives you a good indication of how good he is.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:35 #26

  • munchymagic
  • munchymagic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 841
  • Likes received: 288
Hardly any marquee names being mentioned yet just untried youngsters who we are gambling on getting us promotion, if they are the targets we are after that is, we need to believe we can get promotion and these kids 'might' come good but get rid of a few fringe players and Jenkins can get his hand in his pocket and bring in some quality players and give it a real go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:41 #27

  • Max
  • Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 1
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:41 #28

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
munchymagic wrote:
Hardly any marquee names being mentioned yet just untried youngsters who we are gambling on getting us promotion, if they are the targets we are after that is, we need to believe we can get promotion and these kids 'might' come good but get rid of a few fringe players and Jenkins can get his hand in his pocket and bring in some quality players and give it a real go.

To be honest i'm surprised we're after anyone at all after 2 months of people claiming there is no money. 3 of the Doncaster 11 tonight are young lads on loan, Bet they couldn't give a shit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 22:52 #29

  • munchymagic
  • munchymagic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 841
  • Likes received: 288
TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:
munchymagic wrote:
Hardly any marquee names being mentioned yet just untried youngsters who we are gambling on getting us promotion, if they are the targets we are after that is, we need to believe we can get promotion and these kids 'might' come good but get rid of a few fringe players and Jenkins can get his hand in his pocket and bring in some quality players and give it a real go.

To be honest i'm surprised we're after anyone at all after 2 months of people claiming there is no money. 3 of the Doncaster 11 tonight are young lads on loan, Bet they couldn't give a shit.

Totally agree when loan players work, maybe the reason it scares me is because under Abbott one year, didn't we use over fifty players?

They were like extras from a war movie getting five minute cameos - some never featured but are available to see in the 'directors cut'.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 23:01 #30

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Some of Abbott's he won't have seen play, Most of the loans abbott will have got will have been freebies, hence why they never got game time. I think its Kavanagh who you are referring to above mind, He was no different.

I have more faith in KC & Dykes that they know who and what they are getting in a player.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 23:02 by TheLazyLewisGuy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 23:09 #31

  • MerseysideBlue
  • MerseysideBlue's Avatar
  • Online
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 927
  • Likes received: 395
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2017 23:12 by MerseysideBlue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 23:19 #32

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 226
  • Likes received: 77
Wright played the second half against Mansfield in p1ss pot trophy match and I didn't rate him at all. Thought he was too lightweight for L2 .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 23:29 #33

  • TheLazyLewisGuy
  • TheLazyLewisGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2632
  • Likes received: 379
Hasn't played left back yet so lets reserve judgement until then.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 05 Jan 2017 23:34 #34

  • DeckchairBlue
  • DeckchairBlue's Avatar
  • Online
  • First Team Player
  • Posts: 1526
  • Likes received: 328
TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:
Some of Abbott's he won't have seen play, Most of the loans abbott will have got will have been freebies, hence why they never got game time. I think its Kavanagh who you are referring to above mind, He was no different.

I have more faith in KC & Dykes that they know who and what they are getting in a player.

Agree, when Kav was going out and getting loans by the dozen we were struggling against relegation and getting turned over every week, so we had to rely on clubs to give us players, inevitably meaning the quality was low.

Whereas this season we can offer clubs the chance for their players to be part of a winning, promotion chasing team.

Done properly a couple of loan signings can greatly add to our squad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 06 Jan 2017 00:14 #35

  • NORTHERNSOUL
  • NORTHERNSOUL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2524
  • Likes received: 421
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Any decent prospects at Boro we're likely to be in for?

Not a bad thing to have particularly close links with a club like Boro - they've got a very good youth setup there and there's bound to be a few decent players who aren't quite good enough to make it. With York and Hartlepool both struggling, we're in an ideal place to pick them off.

Trouble is the guy we were well in with has just retired
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 09:54 #36

  • Max
  • Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 1
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:03 #37

  • MerseysideBlue
  • MerseysideBlue's Avatar
  • Online
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 927
  • Likes received: 395
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.

Blimey, are you his agent? :lol:

Plenty of Prem clubs stock players in their U23s for a long time in fairness and many of them get nowhere near the first team there before disappearing down the league ladder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kangshung, pie

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:09 #38

  • Max
  • Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 1
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.

Blimey, are you his agent? :lol:

Plenty of Prem clubs stock players in their U23s for a long time in fairness and many of them get nowhere near the first team there before disappearing down the league ladder.

Haha no I've just got a friend who's ultra passionate about Chelsea and their entire youth system. Naturally when he was linked to us I started looking into him.

I do agree with what you said though, I guess we'll wait and see. Its always a bit of a lottery when you take a loanee from a big academy without any senior experience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:17 #39

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 4320
  • Likes received: 2172
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.

Blimey, are you his agent? :lol:

Plenty of Prem clubs stock players in their U23s for a long time in fairness and many of them get nowhere near the first team there before disappearing down the league ladder.

Haha no I've just got a friend who's ultra passionate about Chelsea and their entire youth system. Naturally when he was linked to us I started looking into him.

I do agree with what you said though, I guess we'll wait and see. Its always a bit of a lottery when you take a loanee from a big academy without any senior experience.

Wouldnt bother me if we chucked him in and moved Gillesphey back in the middle today. Hes got to play some time or why sign him?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:24 #40

  • pedals
  • pedals's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 119
  • Likes received: 111
Being reported that Hartlepool are interested in Liddle and there has been a bid from a League Two side, but not Luton as some had been saying.
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2017 10:25 by pedals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:26 #41

  • Max
  • Max's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 1
Dancingbear wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.

Blimey, are you his agent? :lol:

Plenty of Prem clubs stock players in their U23s for a long time in fairness and many of them get nowhere near the first team there before disappearing down the league ladder.

Haha no I've just got a friend who's ultra passionate about Chelsea and their entire youth system. Naturally when he was linked to us I started looking into him.

I do agree with what you said though, I guess we'll wait and see. Its always a bit of a lottery when you take a loanee from a big academy without any senior experience.

Wouldnt bother me if we chucked him in and moved Gillesphey back in the middle today. Hes got to play some time or why sign him?

Agreed not sure when his deal is up?..Young players aren't afraid to try things.. in a wide position, surely we want McQueen or Wright to add that flair, trickery and pace on the wings. Maybe Gillesphey is just a much safer defensive option for us in KC's opinion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 10:33 #42

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 4320
  • Likes received: 2172
Max wrote:
Dancingbear wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
MerseysideBlue wrote:
Max wrote:
I can't emphasise enough how good of a player Kevin Wright is. He absolutely destroyed Oldham in the friendly back in Autumn on trial. His attacking threat and ability on the ball is like nothing we have in our team ATM. There's a reason all of these clubs were in for him;

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/artic...d-Bridge-summer.html

I'm happy to give the lad a chance but all I've seen of him so far was Crewe away and he looked a bit lightweight and lost that day - he was a bit "head down and run with it", not much awareness of what was around him.

EDIT - Also, if all those clubs were in for him, why didn't at least one of them sign him? Wouldn't exactly have been on a big wage. Looks more like agent talk.

To be fair he was injured for pretty much the whole of 2016 with a muscle tear in his Ankle. That would of ruled out so many trials and put the breaks on what was an accelerating time of his career. With no reserve fixtures for our fringe players to keep sharp, you can't expect too much from our lads on the bench at the moment. With a high turnover of players at Chelsea, you don't keep your place for 10 years particularly at u23 level unless you're class, look at the names he played with.
I'm very excited by him, might take a few weeks to get him going but he's a player that is destined for the premier league.

Blimey, are you his agent? :lol:

Plenty of Prem clubs stock players in their U23s for a long time in fairness and many of them get nowhere near the first team there before disappearing down the league ladder.

Haha no I've just got a friend who's ultra passionate about Chelsea and their entire youth system. Naturally when he was linked to us I started looking into him.

I do agree with what you said though, I guess we'll wait and see. Its always a bit of a lottery when you take a loanee from a big academy without any senior experience.

Wouldnt bother me if we chucked him in and moved Gillesphey back in the middle today. Hes got to play some time or why sign him?

Agreed not sure when his deal is up?..Young players aren't afraid to try things.. in a wide position, surely we want McQueen or Wright to add that flair, trickery and pace on the wings. Maybe Gillesphey is just a much safer defensive option for us in KC's opinion.
Yeah probably. I think we may be better using Gillespheys safeness in the middle. I suppose we could even play 3-5-2. We'll prob have the same back four though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 18:02 #43

  • Blueforlife
  • Blueforlife's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 10
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 18:49 #44

  • Kangshung
  • Kangshung's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 483
  • Likes received: 99
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

The fact that nobody higher than Blyth came in for DA tells enough of a story. He simply isn't ready for football at this level right now, be it due to family circumstances, injuries, or some other reason.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TheLazyLewisGuy

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 18:56 #45

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2627
  • Likes received: 333
Kangshung wrote:
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

The fact that nobody higher than Blyth came in for DA tells enough of a story. He simply isn't ready for football at this level right now, be it due to family circumstances, injuries, or some other reason.

Was it not more that he couldn't go to a league club because at the time it was outside the transfer window when he first went to Blythe...likewise the others Penn and Brough .. So he's gone back coz he likes it there and getting games
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 18:58 #46

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 4320
  • Likes received: 2172
seesaw50 wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

The fact that nobody higher than Blyth came in for DA tells enough of a story. He simply isn't ready for football at this level right now, be it due to family circumstances, injuries, or some other reason.

Was it not more that he couldn't go to a league club because at the time it was outside the transfer window when he first went to Blythe...likewise the others Penn and Brough .. So he's gone back coz he likes it there and getting games

I think he meant a conference club perhaps. If one came in and offered to pay his full wage do you think hed have gone back to Blyth coz he likes it there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kangshung

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 19:06 #47

  • NORTHERNSOUL
  • NORTHERNSOUL's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2524
  • Likes received: 421
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

We have the three of them on monthly deals as we need bodies as they can be cancelled at their next renewal if hes brought new players in to stay within the protocol whereas the players we have out on loan have longer contracts and cant just be cancelled at a few days notice.

But perhaps rather than pissing about moving players in and out they should be doing what everyone else is doing and looking to artificially inflate turnover figures dont forget by every 100k you do that you can add 55k to your wage bill.

Heres an idea they might like to consider The club staff have just moved out of the old offices in the Main stand leaving them vacant so why dont Pioneer agree to rent them for say 200k which would increase turnover by that amount and therefore give uncle Keith 110k extra to spend on the wage bill. Just an idea like.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 19:07 #48

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Posts: 2627
  • Likes received: 333
Dancingbear wrote:
seesaw50 wrote:
Kangshung wrote:
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

The fact that nobody higher than Blyth came in for DA tells enough of a story. He simply isn't ready for football at this level right now, be it due to family circumstances, injuries, or some other reason.

Was it not more that he couldn't go to a league club because at the time it was outside the transfer window when he first went to Blythe...likewise the others Penn and Brough .. So he's gone back coz he likes it there and getting games

I think he meant a conference club perhaps. If one came in and offered to pay his full wage do you think hed have gone back to Blyth coz he likes it there?

Yeah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 20:13 #49

  • DeckchairBlue
  • DeckchairBlue's Avatar
  • Online
  • First Team Player
  • Posts: 1526
  • Likes received: 328
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

We have the three of them on monthly deals as we need bodies as they can be cancelled at their next renewal if hes brought new players in to stay within the protocol whereas the players we have out on loan have longer contracts and cant just be cancelled at a few days notice.

But perhaps rather than pissing about moving players in and out they should be doing what everyone else is doing and looking to artificially inflate turnover figures dont forget by every 100k you do that you can add 55k to your wage bill.

Heres an idea they might like to consider The club staff have just moved out of the old offices in the Main stand leaving them vacant so why dont Pioneer agree to rent them for say 200k which would increase turnover by that amount and therefore give uncle Keith 110k extra to spend on the wage bill. Just an idea like.

If you'd listened to Curle's postmatch interview, he said that they had reassessed the numbers they've submitted to the FA to give them more room in the budget, but that they will still need to move bodies out because the ones they want to bring in will be first 11 quality.

What if Pioneer have no need for our old offices ? Why would they want to rent them ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New signing 'close'. 07 Jan 2017 20:17 #50

  • munchymagic
  • munchymagic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 841
  • Likes received: 288
DeckchairBlue wrote:
NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
Blueforlife wrote:
KC saying after the game we need to get bodies out to get bodies in and they will be players going straight into starting 11. Can't weigh up why he is giving Wright and asamoah contract extensions in that case? I can't see a scenario where either of them two are going to start? Whereas with our leaky defence for me, Atkinson has a strong case for starting, yet we ship him out to Blyth who will surely be paying a minimal contribution to his wages.

We have the three of them on monthly deals as we need bodies as they can be cancelled at their next renewal if hes brought new players in to stay within the protocol whereas the players we have out on loan have longer contracts and cant just be cancelled at a few days notice.

But perhaps rather than pissing about moving players in and out they should be doing what everyone else is doing and looking to artificially inflate turnover figures dont forget by every 100k you do that you can add 55k to your wage bill.

Heres an idea they might like to consider The club staff have just moved out of the old offices in the Main stand leaving them vacant so why dont Pioneer agree to rent them for say 200k which would increase turnover by that amount and therefore give uncle Keith 110k extra to spend on the wage bill. Just an idea like.

If you'd listened to Curle's postmatch interview, he said that they had reassessed the numbers they've submitted to the FA to give them more room in the budget, but that they will still need to move bodies out because the ones they want to bring in will be first 11 quality.

What if Pioneer have no need for our old offices ? Why would they want to rent them ?

I think he was referring to a way around extra funding, even if they didn't want to rent them a decent accountant could just direct the cash back to Pioneer in other ways but it would appear to the league that we had more coming in therefore being able to give Keith money to spend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds
Go to top