CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

More
10 Nov 2019 23:35 #151 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Will you please give it a rest!
Person A allegedly hurls abuse at Person B, Person B allegedly responds in a similar vein.
Wow, cant wait for the BBC dramatization of that one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 06:54 #152 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

franksidebottom wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote:

franksidebottom wrote:

CarlisleWhite wrote:

CCU wrote: CarlisleWhite - I spent this weeks Meeting simply chanting “We are the Champions, Champions of Cumbria...”

;)

Really pleased for you.
Any reason why?


Any reason why Leeds sing WACCOE?

Hey up, here's Mr irrational to add his extensive knowledge in.
It's a [censored] song for god's sake. Bit of a wind up to upset muppet's like you.


You’re confusing being curious with being upset.

Seem to remember me putting a Derby song up on here and your response really was of someone who was upset, you were close to tears!!

Frank - I bow to your superhuman sensory perception of being able to see me crying through the medium of a messageboard.
Is there an ignore user function on this board?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 07:03 #153 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Does anyone know of any other club (not a Trust) who give such level of information about the meaningless things we do? How many other "busy CEOs" have the time writing out 18 page responses to such mainly trivial questions.
Just seems really odd to be providing information on such low level items.
Oh for the day when all people had to worry about was the result on a Saturday/Tuesday.
Almost as if it's a deliberate smokescreen.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 07:43 #154 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
I think CW it is a combination of circumstances. We have the fans' distrust of the custodians so NC provides very full information as he does in the accounts to try and show there is nothing to hide. We also have Jon Colman at the N&S who loves writing about the inner workings of the Club and we fans enjoy reading about it. Finally there is the Cumbria factor where generally very little happens and the smallest items of news get reported in the N&S. Contrast London where so much happens that only things of national importance get any attention.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CarlisleWhite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 08:22 #155 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

carwash wrote: I think CW it is a combination of circumstances. We have the fans' distrust of the custodians so NC provides very full information as he does in the accounts to try and show there is nothing to hide. We also have Jon Colman at the N&S who loves writing about the inner workings of the Club and we fans enjoy reading about it. Finally there is the Cumbria factor where generally very little happens and the smallest items of news get reported in the N&S. Contrast London where so much happens that only things of national importance get any attention.

Yes, all fair points, but is seems the equivalent of a dead cat political policy.
Get people talking about the bog locks and a scoreboard and the slide down the table and dwindling crowds will be negated somewhat.
Much prefer the scrutiny of SP and DH and their roles in the current predicament and what they are going to do to alleviate it to be honest.
At present, Macclesfield seems our best hope of avoiding relgation.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 21:48 - 12 Nov 2019 21:50 #156 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Their response to the accusations about Mr Pattison was basically to refer people to the club complaints policy. I understand why they want people to go through the proper process if they have a complaint, but after reading the policy I'm concerned it presents a conflict of interest issue. The policy appears to say that if there is a complaint about a director, it will be investigated by Clibbens. Usually that wouldn't be a problem, but in this case some of those who claim they saw Pattison challenge a fan also claim they saw Clibbens pulling him away. Perhaps the reason there hasn't been an official complaint is because people have read the policy and thought it would be pointless to make a complaint if one of the people named in the complaint is also the one who gets to investigate it?

If a number of fans are claiming they saw a director challenge someone to a fight, then the club should investigate that. It seems they have spoken to Mr Pattison and he denies challenging a fan. Fine, but even if that's the case, it still means something happened which caused a number of fans to believe he did. Surely the club will want to establish exactly what that was, so that they can avoid the same thing happening again. It feels like they are just trying to sweep the issue under the carpet but I think there should be a proper investigation even if they haven't received an "official" complaint about it.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2019 21:50 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 22:00 #157 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Kessler, you’re the only one who seems arsed, fire the complaint in yourself?!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 22:14 #158 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Dear Nigel,
I want to lodge a complaint against...........etc

Get it off yer chest

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 22:15 #159 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Get yourself a sandwich board made up for the next home game Kessler.

“Incident here, can you help”.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Mouldy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 22:32 #160 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Or even 'Have you ever been offered out for fisticuffs by a Carlisle United director and is wasn't your fault - then YOU may be entitled to compensation'.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
12 Nov 2019 22:38 #161 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

munchymagic wrote: Or even 'Have you ever been offered out for fisticuffs by a Carlisle United director and is wasn't your fault - then YOU may be entitled to compensation'.



Have YOU been Carlisle Glassed?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, CCU, Mouldy, munchymagic, Kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 12:38 #162 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Just had an email from CUOSC saying they support removing Pressley. I know its ages til the next CUsg, but if i put this on here now, maybe Dan will remind me to ask this at the next meeting.

"Were CUOSC consulted and part of the decision making regqrding the sacking of Steven Pressley, f not when did they find out about the sacking?"
Ta
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:27 - 13 Nov 2019 16:30 #163 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

topstepwhinger wrote: Will you please give it a rest!
Person A allegedly hurls abuse at Person B, Person B allegedly responds in a similar vein.
Wow, cant wait for the BBC dramatization of that one.


It's not so much the incident itself that annoys me, but rather the way they seem to be trying to sweep it under the carpet. Even if Patt hasn't done anything, they still look bad by not holding a proper investigation. I felt that Clibbens was quite defensive in his response to my questions, like he was just trying to be argumentative and clever with all that "I chose my words carefully" stuff. This goes back to the point others have raised about the BOD taking criticism personally. We don't want that, it's not a helpful approach to take with fans who are trying to engage with you. We just wants answers to the questions and concerns we have.

LakelandTerrier would you be willing to contact the club and put in writing exactly what you saw/heard? You probably won't get a proper answer at first, but the more people who stand up and make their voices heard, the harder it will be to keep ignoring the fans. The club complaints policy mentions that complaints can ultimately go to the independent football ombudsman. If that needs to happen, then it will be important to show that the club have been given every reasonable opportunity to resolve the issue first.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 16:30 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:32 #164 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
I have already said if the man who was threatened wanted to make an official complaint i would support him.

Cumbrian and Proud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:35 - 13 Nov 2019 16:36 #165 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Lakelandterrier wrote: I have already said if the man who was threatened wanted to make an official complaint i would support him.


You could make a complaint too if you witnessed it.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 16:36 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:39 #166 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Kessler do us a favour pal and piss off with this shite for now, in case you haven’t noticed there is something more important happening at the moment.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:50 - 13 Nov 2019 16:57 #167 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
It's not shite. A director allegedly challenged a fan to a fight and the club don't seem interested in having a proper investigation. I don't think that's tenable, because fans deserve to know what happened. Do you really have so little self respect that you are happy to just accept being fobbed off by the club, rather than standing up and making your voice heard?
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 16:57 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 16:58 #168 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
‘So little self respect’

It’s time you put things into perspective, you’ve had your answer and you’re still not happy, the person in question has obviously not come forward so they are obviously not bothered, you obviously like stirring the pot.

Mullen is a virgin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:04 #169 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Kessler, I understand it's important to you, but I'm with Melbourne.

For a lot of folk it was never important, to, I'm guessing but reasonably sure, most folk at the moment it's just not important at all.

We are football fans, our club is about to choose a new leader, nothing much tops that for speculation and hope.

It's just not the time for your witch hunt at the moment. Sometimes you really just have to say ah well and move on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:15 #170 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

melbourneblues wrote: ‘So little self respect’

It’s time you put things into perspective, you’ve had your answer and you’re still not happy, the person in question has obviously not come forward so they are obviously not bothered, you obviously like stirring the pot.


Perhaps they haven't come forward because they think it would be a waste of time and their complaint would be ignored.

Sorry for the self esteem comment, it's just a bit frustrating that there is so much unhappiness with the BOD yet when someone actually tries to do something about it, everyone else goes silent. Fans want the BOD gone but won't show up to protests, then they take the piss out of Mullen for actually making an effort to change things. It does frustrate me sometimes but when I calm down and think about it, I don't think it's because fans are actually happy to be treated like this. I think it's that they feel defeated and like nothing they do will change anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:24 #171 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Bumble wrote: It's just not the time for your witch hunt at the moment. Sometimes you really just have to say ah well and move on.


It's not a witch hunt Bumble. I've said multiple times that they should be given the opportunity to explain themselves and tell their side of the story. If we just say ah well and move on every time something happens, what message does that send? It tells the BOD that they can do whatever they want and fans will just put up with it. A change of manager is irrelevant when the clubkillers are still there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:41 #172 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Kessler wrote: It's not shite. A director allegedly challenged a fan to a fight and the club don't seem interested in having a proper investigation. I don't think that's tenable, because fans deserve to know what happened. Do you really have so little self respect that you are happy to just accept being fobbed off by the club, rather than standing up and making your voice heard?


If you dont think it’s tenable have you tried contacting Warwick Davies?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:44 #173 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
I see all points in this really. I’ve had responses KES to keep quiet/shut up etc but I’m not like that and this is important to you so if you want to keep going keep going.

However I really think it’s up to the person who supposedly got offered a fight to complain. If you weren’t there Kes than it’s one word against the other and you didn’t see it.

Agree completely agree anything that happens the club brushes under the carpet. The fan base annoy me at times for not pushing further and being accepting and times gullible. That’s life and because of that the owners continue are we are where we are.

SP, I won’t go as far as saying thug, but has history with these sorts of things. He is a (insert comment here)

Simple thing and sadly taken up by a lot. If you don’t like it don’t go.

Don’t let anyone shut you up Kes but I don’t think your going to get the answers your looking for on this.

The Cusg minutes delay however....

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:48 #174 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
I will say though, it’s no one prerogative to say what’s important to some and not others, were all different.

Managers issue is important I’d agree top priority, however it doesn’t mean it is for all and doesn’t mean other things can’t get discussed.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 18:25 #175 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Ooh, computer fwiends.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 18:37 #176 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

melbourneblues wrote: Ooh, computer fwiends.


I’ll get my dongle out anytime for you, just need to ask.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 18:50 #177 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Mullen103 wrote: IThe fan base annoy me at times for not pushing further and being accepting and times gullible. That’s life and because of that the owners continue are we are where we are.


It can be very frustrating. Fans moan and moan about the BOD but when someone organizes a protest, nobody can be arsed to show up. So what happens as a result is the BOD realize they can do whatever they want and people will just put up with it after having a moan. It's not that fans are actually happy to be treated like shit, they just wrongly believe that they are powerless and nothing they do would make a difference. If everyone was willing to stand up and protest, we would get change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 18:51 #178 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
If it’s still bothering you that much, you’ll find Ste Patt in one of his fetching tank tops in the car park before most games. Go and have it out with him...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2019 02:49 #179 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Kessler wrote:

topstepwhinger wrote: Will you please give it a rest!
Person A allegedly hurls abuse at Person B, Person B allegedly responds in a similar vein.
Wow, cant wait for the BBC dramatization of that one.


It's not so much the incident itself that annoys me, but rather the way they seem to be trying to sweep it under the carpet. Even if Patt hasn't done anything, they still look bad by not holding a proper investigation. I felt that Clibbens was quite defensive in his response to my questions, like he was just trying to be argumentative and clever with all that "I chose my words carefully" stuff. This goes back to the point others have raised about the BOD taking criticism personally. We don't want that, it's not a helpful approach to take with fans who are trying to engage with you. We just wants answers to the questions and concerns we have.

LakelandTerrier would you be willing to contact the club and put in writing exactly what you saw/heard? You probably won't get a proper answer at first, but the more people who stand up and make their voices heard, the harder it will be to keep ignoring the fans. The club complaints policy mentions that complaints can ultimately go to the independent football ombudsman. If that needs to happen, then it will be important to show that the club have been given every reasonable opportunity to resolve the issue first.


Surely that's the whole point tho ...it IS the incident that annoys you......so do something

I didn't see anything I was making a quick /early exit....or I might have put a letter in

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2019 16:08 #180 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Yes

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2019 11:12 #181 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Trust Website Update

I've sent the XML file, of my local copy, to import this morning onto the trusts test site.

That has all the layouts, forms, etc etc - once uploaded I can then do a bit of configuring, upload the pages to make it look like it should and go from there.

I don't blame them, but the trust may think that nothings been done. Thats because I used my local copy as it had everything i needed. Everything should be on the trusts site soon and i can finish off on there. The trust can also update some pages and new news if they wish, ready for go live.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2019 11:52 #182 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Do you still need pics, I have been up to my eyes in stuff the past few weeks but can hunt out a couple this weekend if thats any good?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2019 11:55 #183 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Bumble wrote: Do you still need pics, I have been up to my eyes in stuff the past few weeks but can hunt out a couple this weekend if thats any good?

Please, that'll be great if you can - will make it look a bit better - will credit you of course

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2019 12:06 #184 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19
Email me the dimensions you will be using, preferably in pixels but cms would do, or failing that the ratio. I am at the match on Sat so will try and take a few up to date ones.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2019 12:16 #185 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 4th Nov 19

Bumble wrote: Email me the dimensions you will be using, preferably in pixels but cms would do, or failing that the ratio. I am at the match on Sat so will try and take a few up to date ones.

Will do

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.