CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Mar 2019 09:22 #1 by BoardAdmin
CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19 was created by BoardAdmin
Hello folks,

As per previous threads, please let us know any questions/topics to raise at the upcoming CUSG meeting.

Questions/topics to be submitted by 18:00 on Friday 8 March, to enable us to collate and forward to all parties.

Cheers!

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 10:29 #2 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
DSG:

Questions, from those unable to attend the study centre, and new member forms have been submitted via email without responce. Questions submitted via the messageboard also haven't been answered. Is there a valid reason for this or are they just being ignored. - SL

Cusat:

What is your policy on disabled travelers? - SL

Would you consider going in house with the club? - SL

Club:

From the last responces it was stated that the debt level remains the same. Therefore without any "football fortune" where has the extra income come from or is the club now self sufficient?

John Sheridan stated publically he was concerned about next seasons budget and where he could take the club after he resigned. Radio Cumbria reps stated a manager had contacted them and pulled out of the race due to the budget and next seasons budget. The club have denied this. Therefore are you saying these people have lied about budgets being an issue, specifically next seasons. And also is it not irresponcible to not talk about next seasons budgets?


Club/Trust:

Would you say the seasons been a failure if we don't get promoted?

three from myself, three from SL that I've worded (Previous email sent with contact details of SL)

Cheers

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 10:40 #3 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

Mullen103 wrote: Cusat:

Would you consider going in house with the club? - SL


I can answer this if you want?

This has been discussed at a previous meeting. The Club indicated no wish to be involved with Travel at present, as it likely wouldn’t make money and would be too much bother. They said they were happy for CUSAT to provide Travel as they do at present.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 10:45 #4 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

CCU wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: Cusat:

Would you consider going in house with the club? - SL


I can answer this if you want?

This has been discussed at a previous meeting. The Club indicated no wish to be involved with Travel at present, as it likely wouldn’t make money and would be too much bother. They said they were happy for CUSAT to provide Travel as they do at present.


Cheers! that's fine I'll pass it on. You can remove that question.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 21:28 #5 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Has John Nixon put £92k ish in or at least bought some new B shares or whatever they are?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2019 22:00 #6 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Would you consider doing another promotion for the Lincoln Good Friday match for under 22s only for £2?

As has been seen local companies are happy to block book at this cost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
05 Mar 2019 22:02 #7 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Didn't realise the mods were taking questions

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2019 17:59 #8 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

seesaw50 wrote: Didn't realise the mods were taking questions


Why not? We’re part of CUSG? If we can answer something that’s already been discussed, then we will.

The poster has said they’re happy with that response. If they still wanted it took to the table, we would do so.

That ok?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
06 Mar 2019 18:21 - 06 Mar 2019 18:21 #9 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Just felt folk were getting mixed up with the CUSG meetings you've been attending and the traditional Fans Forum being held on Friday...please accept my apologies

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 06 Mar 2019 18:21 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2019 19:00 - 06 Mar 2019 19:05 #10 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
That’s why they have a separate Thread for each ;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 06 Mar 2019 19:05 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
06 Mar 2019 22:25 #11 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Mind games

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 17:29 #12 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Was hoping for some more questions, why I only asked three.

Can you add these two please for the club, both asked by me.

Well done to all those behind the scene with the 8kforMK really professionally done, please don't let the buzz ect die a death! However in my opinion its prooved a couple of things. The potential of the club, re the supporters and the fact that supporters will pay £10 and be relatively happy. A well marketed/adveertised product will entice supporters back. However It also suggests the current price for the overall product is too expensive (Football, decaying stadium and matchday experience) what are you going to do to make sure these supporters go back, because at present, even if I was a billionaire, I will not pay the full price to attend for whats on offer!

Where does the income from the MK match rank in terms of income/profit from all the other home matches this season?

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
07 Mar 2019 17:34 #13 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
I have no questions at this time !

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 19:22 #14 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
On the basis there is very little chance of finding a new place to build a stadium .

Which part if Brunton Park will be the first to be redeveloped and when ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 19:39 #15 by I love jamesphillips
Replied by I love jamesphillips on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

Alan wrote: On the basis there is very little chance of finding a new place to build a stadium .
H
Which part if Brunton Park will be the first to be redeveloped and when ?


The mong is back alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 21:04 #16 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

Mullen103 wrote: Was hoping for some more questions, why I only asked three.

Can you add these two please for the club, both asked by me.

Well done to all those behind the scene with the 8kforMK really professionally done, please don't let the buzz ect die a death! However in my opinion its prooved a couple of things. The potential of the club, re the supporters and the fact that supporters will pay £10 and be relatively happy. A well marketed/adveertised product will entice supporters back. However It also suggests the current price for the overall product is too expensive (Football, decaying stadium and matchday experience) what are you going to do to make sure these supporters go back, because at present, even if I was a billionaire, I will not pay the full price to attend for whats on offer!

Where does the income from the MK match rank in terms of income/profit from all the other home matches this season?


I'd say MK income was a success - prices were pretty much half price so equivilent of a 5,200 crowd paying full price. I don't agree that prices for adults are too expensive - we are one of if not the cheapest in the football league and I can't even remember the last time prices went up.

What I do agree with is keeping the prices of £2 for children and youth.

If we had this £10 for adults for every match we would not get 10k or even 6k for every game - the novelty would soon wear off.

I also think we should keep price the same for match day entry - Mk match proved that 85% still bought there ticket before the match to secure seats and avoid the hassle of queuing to buy a ticket before queuing for the turnstile even wth pay on the gate as an option.

Would adults be happy paying £20 for a seat with the price string the same for match day or £17 for standing on the same principle? This would increase ticket income.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Flatcap
  • Flatcap's Avatar
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
07 Mar 2019 21:47 #17 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
My Question:

What does John Nixon do now for the club apart from representing the EFL and the FA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Mar 2019 18:21 #18 by BoardAdmin
Replied by BoardAdmin on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Thanks for the Questions folks. They’ll be compiled and forwarded this evening.

Admin.

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2019 18:28 #19 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
One question asked previously has been answered incorrectly, how many others have they been!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2019 15:33 - 09 Mar 2019 15:50 #20 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

Mullen103 wrote: One question asked previously has been answered incorrectly, how many others have they been!


Answered incorrectly? What you mean is yes it's just been proved that Clibbins and Holdsworth are a pair of lying [censored].

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "
Last edit: 09 Mar 2019 15:50 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2019 15:42 #21 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: One question asked previously has been answered incorrectly, how many others have they been!


Answered incorrectly? What you mean is yes it's just been proved that Clibbins and Holdsworth are a pair of lying [censored].


We knew that already!!!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 05:43 - 12 Mar 2019 05:44 #22 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
I’m guessing your referring to the one from last time regarding ‘appearance-based contracts extensions’?

The question was asked as such:


Both Hope and Collin subsequent extensions have been nothing to do with appearances from the reading on the O/S?

Carlisle United are delighted to confirm that a club option has been triggered which keeps striker Hallam Hope at Brunton Park until the end of the 2019/20 season.

And:

Carlisle United are delighted to confirm that a club option has been triggered which keeps keeper Adam Collin at Brunton Park until the end of the 2019/20 season.

A ‘Club Option’ is simply the Club excercising their right to automatically extend a Contract, as per any agreements when a Player signs.

Extensions come in all sorts of wordings these days - Appearance based, Club Option and Player Option being the main ones - but Agents are finding more exotic ways all the time!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 05:44 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 08:24 #23 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Can you see Hope/Collin getting another contract if they played no games.

No! Wording maybe isn’t official but it’s been triggered because of appearances/performance.

As you say though, agents put all sorts of weird and wonderful things in.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 Mar 2019 09:35 - 12 Mar 2019 09:36 #24 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
The club has activated the clause because of their performances, but it isn't an appearance related clause because the club didn't have to extend it based on the amount of appearancesthey made, like in the case with Etuhu

Someone asked a very specific question and got a very specific answer.

Don't get why anyone is arguing this.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2019 09:36 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 10:30 #25 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

DeckchairBlue wrote: The club has activated the clause because of their performances, but it isn't an appearance related clause because the club didn't have to extend it based on the amount of appearancesthey made, like in the case with Etuhu

Someone asked a very specific question and got a very specific answer.

Don't get why anyone is arguing this.


Agree NS maybe shouldn't have been so specific.

But you don't need to be Sherlock to work out the club acted on the option due to appearances/performance.

Maybe asking the question "Does any contracted player, or the club, have any automatic options to extend the contract" and maybe would have got a better answer.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 Mar 2019 11:16 #26 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
To which more than likely they would have answered "yes, but players contracts are confidential".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 Mar 2019 11:22 #27 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Hopefully this isn't too late to submit.

Has the club considered operating bottle bars in and around the ground rather than the current system.

A lot of other clubs already operate this system and it appears to give a few advantages in speed of service and not having beer go bad in between games.

Have the club considered implementing something like this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2019 11:43 #28 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
Meeting was last night, I’ll try and remember it for next Meeting!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DeckchairBlue
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 Mar 2019 13:26 #29 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19

CCU wrote: Meeting was last night, I’ll try and remember it for next Meeting!


Apologies, lost track of days.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2019 15:30 - 15 Mar 2019 15:33 #30 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2019/march...m-the-march-meeting/

DSG

Yet another question not answered. Did anyone from CUSG advise/help advise Barry if he had a problem? No question has been answered by him ever!

I like Barry but he's no good for this as had been proved to me at DSG meetings I wastefully attended. However he will be ideal for the club! Enough said on that I think complete waste of time!

Club

If the MK Dons match was the highest grossing match this season than why not try it again and again until it doesn't. I keep repeating we are lucky to have a high capacity stadium - use it to our advantage!

At least we’re not Stockport
Last edit: 15 Mar 2019 15:33 by Mullen103.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2019 15:39 #31 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic CUSG Meeting - Mon 11 Mar 19
As always thanks for asking the questions!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.