Bury's new financial trouble?

  • United63
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
02 Apr 2019 15:28 - 08 Aug 2019 13:57 #1 by United63
Bury's new financial trouble? was created by United63
Looks like they might be going same way as bolton
Last edit: 08 Aug 2019 13:57 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • United63
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
02 Apr 2019 15:33 #2 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Looks like struggling to pay staff on official web site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2019 15:53 #3 by Taffy-P
Replied by Taffy-P on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Sometimes you’ve got to be careful what you wish for
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2019 15:55 #4 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Barry will know. He's got his finger on the pulse of all lower leagues in the north west. :-D

Maybe paying too big wages. Lee Dykes is in charge of all that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2019 16:39 #5 by CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ParcelPete
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
02 Apr 2019 17:02 #6 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2019 17:30 - 02 Apr 2019 17:31 #7 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
'some unforeseen circumstances have led to interim internal financial restrictions.'

Cracking line that! :-D

In other words they are potless!
Last edit: 02 Apr 2019 17:31 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 08:43 #8 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
So Nicky Adams has bankrupted two clubs in two seasons. Well done Holdsworth for getting rid of these overpaid primadonnnas

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, seesaw50, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 09:10 #9 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Something needs to change, the game is broken at a lower league level.
Terrible matches, played in front of lowly crowds, yet the wages that players seem to attract are not compatible with it at all.
I also think it seems ridiculous how many backroom staff/Coaches , teams seem to have.
If you are a star player, then you could hope to make a decent living playing in League 2, but too many players warming the bench or on the treatment table getting paid decent wages but with no productive output.
Personally I don’t think Adams did himself any favours when it came to the contract situation. A good player, but he must have earned a lot of money with all his moves.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Dancingbear, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 10:44 #10 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Dancingbear wrote: So Nicky Adams has bankrupted two clubs in two seasons. Well done Holdsworth for getting rid of these overpaid primadonnnas


Nicky Adams didn't go to Bury for the money $-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 10:51 - 03 Apr 2019 11:03 #11 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

nobbyblue wrote: Barry will know. He's got his finger on the pulse of all lower leagues in the north west. :-D

Maybe paying too big wages. Lee Dykes is in charge of all that!


Nothing to do with the wages that theyre paying.

The new guy bought the club from Stuart Day who had loaned money against every single asset they have and it was pretty clear when at the time absolutely nothing was said about the financials of the deal that things weren't right and everyone concentrating on what a nice guy the new owner is his miraculous recovery from his death bed. The bloke had no visible interest in football or indeed any sort of history with it whatsoever. His companies had been based in Bury for 20 years but had never even sponsored the club in that time.

I said at the time there would be shit to come i.ll put money on Day has put a lot of time and effort into covering everything up to make it look like honey and roses and this is just the first stage of it all starting to fall apart.

My contact there said at the time he estimated that to clear up Days mess and wipe out the historical debt would cost the best part of 8 million and with all the will in the world i can see anyone doing that can you ?

Once again it was a case of the FL knowing full well what Day was up to yet they did nothing to reign him in and clearly let the New bloke fall for his bullshit without warning him what would happen sooner rather than later.

The sooner the FL is owned and run by the fans rather than as a cartel of bent and discredited club owners like Oyston Day and Jenkins the better.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 11:03 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 11:23 #12 by griff
Replied by griff on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Meanwhile, Spurs have moved into a new ONE BILLION POUND stadium. And they say the game’s not broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 11:40 #13 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
The fact that Bury is badly run is nowt to do with Spurs.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, Dancingbear, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 12:37 #14 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

nobbyblue wrote: The fact that Bury is badly run is nowt to do with Spurs.


True!!
But.......the difference between the 'haves' and the 'have not's' grows wider every year, and is that good for the game???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 12:48 #15 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

bluebry wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: The fact that Bury is badly run is nowt to do with Spurs.


True!!
But.......the difference between the 'haves' and the 'have not's' grows wider every year, and is that good for the game???


No but its capitalism. Spurs are where they are and are just about competing against countries. Theyre obviously doing what they think is right for them. The fact league 2 clubs spend too much as Nobby said is nowt to do with them. It used to be said that they need the lower leagues. Now they probably dont.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 12:49 #16 by griff
Replied by griff on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
You’re blind Nobby. The fact is that the top teams suck up most of the money in the game, and also most of the talent (look back at that thread on Hartlepool the other day). That makes the game a less worthwhile spectacle in the lower leagues for a lot of folk and finances suffer. Of course it’s got something to do with Spurs, as well as most of the other Prem and some of the Championship sides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 13:00 #17 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

griff wrote: You’re blind Nobby. The fact is that the top teams suck up most of the money in the game, and also most of the talent (look back at that thread on Hartlepool the other day). That makes the game a less worthwhile spectacle in the lower leagues for a lot of folk and finances suffer. Of course it’s got something to do with Spurs, as well as most of the other Prem and some of the Championship sides.


That's been the case since the very first ever season of league football I'm guessing.

As for that Hartlepool situation you'd hope the FA look into it and deal with Fulham if rules have been broken. The Monkeyhangers should have held on to him if he was that good. There's two sides to every story.

Premier League clubs have a moral duty to help finance grass roots football and the majority will do but clubs like Bury have to be responsible for their actions. Are you suggesting hand outs from the Premier League for sides that can't make ends meet?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Zebby
  • Zebby's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
03 Apr 2019 15:29 #18 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
There should be a sell on clause in every transfer for players that came from lower leagues to clubs in premium and championship and that should follow them so that say a 15 or even 20 year old player prized away from a lower league club who have nurtured the player who a few years later is being sold for 10,15 or 30 million,the lower league club is rewarded either that or a couple of percent tax on all transfers to be split to all lower league clubs

Be just and fear not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 15:32 #19 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Exactly Nobby. We have a trust that in ten years have barely tried to raise a penny but were upset that Spurs have built a new ground instead of giving us bigger handouts. I’m prob in the minority but I dont see why they should give us anything at all. People say sky has knackered football but without their money we’d have lost well over a million last season. Fact is league 2 clubs pay players more than they can afford to.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 15:52 - 03 Apr 2019 15:53 #20 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
A lot of people seem to have a problem with capitalism. The big clubs have more money and more fans and are then able to generate more money from that, they should then be able to use that as they choose.

You wouldn't expect Tesco to give handouts to local corner shops, we shouldn't expect big clubs to prop up lower League clubs who's owners can't budget properly.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 15:53 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 16:00 #21 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Dancingbear wrote: Exactly Nobby. We have a trust that in ten years have barely tried to raise a penny but were upset that Spurs have built a new ground instead of giving us bigger handouts. I’m prob in the minority but I dont see why they should give us anything at all. People say sky has knackered football but without their money we’d have lost well over a million last season. Fact is league 2 clubs pay players more than they can afford to.


But it's the wages paid at the top end of the game, inflated by SKY money, which have had a knock on effect on what players down the pyramid and their agents expect to be paid. The handouts aren't enough to cover this.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Chilledsilly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 17:29 #22 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Much as I am a traditionalist and sentimental about the game, my jumpers for goalposts vision of the game is a thing of the past now.
I think what needs to happen is that if we are going to have all these legions of players on the books of top two divisions we need to let them get on with it, you can't possibly compete.
If it is not attractive for players to get £500 a week wages then they need to be making the grade at a higher level or get another job.
The standard of football on display and the crowds that most lower league teams attract are not enough to justify inflated wages
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
03 Apr 2019 18:01 - 03 Apr 2019 18:04 #23 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Totally disagree on this one as you are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you, it happens in every walk of life.

It is the owners fault of a club every time if he gambles and loses.

Say for example if Stobarts paid more in wages than they had coming in through contracts then they also would be in the clart so it is pretty obvious that football works in a similar sort of way.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 18:04 by munchymagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 21:55 #24 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

munchymagic wrote: Totally disagree on this one as you are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you, it happens in every walk of life.

It is the owners fault of a club every time if he gambles and loses.

Say for example if Stobarts paid more in wages than they had coming in through contracts then they also would be in the clart so it is pretty obvious that football works in a similar sort of way.


Agreed. If every chairman/owner in league 2 are daft enough to run up massive losses each season theyve no one to blame but themselves. Theres a very easy way to sort it and that when they go on their end of season jolly to Portugal agree to stop doing it. Barry always says spending a extra £500k at the start of the season will get you promotion well it wont coz it appears teams are already spending it and more in some cases. Notts County for example must be losing shed loads.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 22:12 #25 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

DeckchairBlue wrote: A lot of people seem to have a problem with capitalism. The big clubs have more money and more fans and are then able to generate more money from that, they should then be able to use that as they choose.

You wouldn't expect Tesco to give handouts to local corner shops, we shouldn't expect big clubs to prop up lower League clubs who's owners can't budget properly.


In fact the One Stop chain, which is owned by Tesco, is in direct competition with local corner stores.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 22:25 #26 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

bluebry wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: The fact that Bury is badly run is nowt to do with Spurs.


True!!
But.......the difference between the 'haves' and the 'have not's' grows wider every year, and is that good for the game???


True. Teams like Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn, Norwich and Ipswich used to be able to compete at the very highest level of the top league. That's basically impossible now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2019 23:37 #27 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Dancingbear wrote:

munchymagic wrote: Totally disagree on this one as you are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you, it happens in every walk of life.

It is the owners fault of a club every time if he gambles and loses.

Say for example if Stobarts paid more in wages than they had coming in through contracts then they also would be in the clart so it is pretty obvious that football works in a similar sort of way.


Agreed. If every chairman/owner in league 2 are daft enough to run up massive losses each season theyve no one to blame but themselves. Theres a very easy way to sort it and that when they go on their end of season jolly to Portugal agree to stop doing it. Barry always says spending a extra £500k at the start of the season will get you promotion well it wont coz it appears teams are already spending it and more in some cases. Notts County for example must be losing shed loads.


But they're not DB I.d estimate that the total wages spend in league 2 has gone down by about 20% in the last 3 years and you choose a very bad example in Hardy you only have to look at the number of managers he employed who they were and how long they lasted They were a car crash waiting to happen and it did and now guess what he wants money back out of the club to attempt to save his other businesses.

You clearly don't seem to grasp Jenkins situation, at the minute he has to put 500k in at the end of every financial year to reduce the losses so why not just put it in at the beginning same 500k done at the start of the season I don't think after a season of success I don't think theres a single person on here who wouldn't think that turnover would increase by a similar amount if not 2 . 3 or even 4 times that amount

Or do you really believe that cutting the budget by 30% every year on year is the way to run a successful football club and ensure success because i.ve got news for you it isn't?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 09:45 #28 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Your right cutting it by 30% alone won’t do it but if all 24 clubs vote to do it and run within their means it would at least see who the better managers are. It’s lazy to blame the premier league for our woes.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 11:57 #29 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
I think the mindset of fans is starting to change and that people don't want to see their club splashing the cash on players with no sell on value.
Personally I was quite happy with some of signings we made three or four years ago ie Adams et al. Less so when it went tits up with Proctor and that, but we just seem to be pouring money down the drain on short term deals now.
I think most fans realise that Carlsle are never going to be a big club , likewise Bury etc, just want to see the team doing well and playing with pride and passion.
If I won the euromillions , I would build new facilities for supporters to benefit from and a free half-pint of Fosters on opening day. I wouldn't want to money lining the pockets of underachieving academy players and their agents.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 13:01 #30 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Heres where the moneys going.


There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 19:53 #31 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Apparently an historic debt owed to Chris Brass is behind the Winding Up Order now issued.
No chance of a points deduction I suppose

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
04 Apr 2019 20:27 #32 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

seesaw50 wrote: Apparently an historic debt owed to Chris Brass is behind the Winding Up Order now issued.
No chance of a points deduction I suppose


You could deduct them twelve points and they would still finish higher than us.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 21:55 #33 by CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2019 10:37 #34 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Now that's what I call a statement from an owner.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
05 Apr 2019 19:16 #35 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Virtually what Barry said in an earlier post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2019 12:17 #36 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

seesaw50 wrote: Now that's what I call a statement from an owner.


But as their more switched on fans are saying its a load of bollocks until he puts figures to it and then tells why his due diligence didn't pick it up ? and if that was as it seems it was deliberately hidden then he should be taking action one way or the other to bring Day to book.

As I said at the time of the takeover you cant take over a club from someone like Stuart Day and not expect there will be a shedload of stuff well hidden that will start to come to the surface a few months down the line just like JC soon found out the crap that MK had left behind that was well hidden which cost him well over a million quid.

From what i.m being told [by a Bury fan who works locally in the football industry ] this could well be the end for them unless the new guy is willing to take out a massive long term loan and be willing to service it when the club cant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2019 12:49 #37 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2019 12:58 #38 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

nobbyblue wrote: Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.


Utter Bollocks Storey knew exactly what the position was when he stole the club off JC or at least he should have done considering he.d been doing everything he could to undermine and cause shit for him for the previous 12 months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2019 14:23 #39 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.


Utter Bollocks Storey knew exactly what the position was when he stole the club off JC or at least he should have done considering he.d been doing everything he could to undermine and cause shit for him for the previous 12 months.


JC got the club relegated did he not after claiming we would be going for promotion?
FS got us back up and back to back promotions and stability.
Or is this just fantasy, Barry?

Cumbrian and Proud
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, thetashkentterror, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2019 14:26 - 06 Apr 2019 18:54 #40 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Lakelandterrier wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.


Utter Bollocks Storey knew exactly what the position was when he stole the club off JC or at least he should have done considering he.d been doing everything he could to undermine and cause shit for him for the previous 12 months.


JC got the club relegated did he not after claiming we would be going for promotion?
FS got us back up and back to back promotions and stability.
Or is this just fantasy, Barry?


Well that clearly shows your ignorance for what was going on the time.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2019 18:54 by BoardAdmin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2019 20:43 #41 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.


Utter Bollocks Storey knew exactly what the position was when he stole the club off JC or at least he should have done considering he.d been doing everything he could to undermine and cause shit for him for the previous 12 months.


JC got the club relegated did he not after claiming we would be going for promotion?
FS got us back up and back to back promotions and stability.
Or is this just fantasy, Barry?


Well that clearly shows your ignorance for what was going on the time.


Not ignorance, Barry. Its fact, in the history books.
But if you want to tell the full truth you believe about FS shafting JC then tell it in full.
Stop the bullshit.

Cumbrian and Proud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2019 21:59 - 07 Apr 2019 22:03 #42 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Lakelandterrier wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Lakelandterrier wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Aye big Fred had his work cut out when he took the reins.


Utter Bollocks Storey knew exactly what the position was when he stole the club off JC or at least he should have done considering he.d been doing everything he could to undermine and cause shit for him for the previous 12 months.


JC got the club relegated did he not after claiming we would be going for promotion?
FS got us back up and back to back promotions and stability.
Or is this just fantasy, Barry?


Well that clearly shows your ignorance for what was going on the time.


Not ignorance, Barry. Its fact, in the history books.
But if you want to tell the full truth you believe about FS shafting JC then tell it in full.
Stop the bullshit.


No need to. No bullshit whatsoever

Plenty of people realised what was going on unfortunately convincing JC was a little more difficult as he clung to Storys shit that he was the man to get him out of the crap when all the time he only had one agenda.

The weekend JC spent locked up in Dumfries should have been his wakeup call and for a while, it was but Story managed to smooth things over by paying a few bills at BP.

None of this is secret plenty of people know about it [ including some who post on here now and again ] some have their own reasons for not posting what they know.

I don't claim to know it all by any stretch but I do know why other people are more reticent to speak about it than I am and a simple google search for JC today compared with one done 10 years ago will tell you all that you want to know.

And yes you're right it is all in the history books but people like you only want to take notice of what happened on the pitch, not off it.

In fact, the only positive thing I can think of off it is the bitch of a daughter rescuing a goldfish from the floods.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2019 22:03 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 13:13 #43 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Well they’ll see the Season out:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 15:12 #44 by Goldschmidt
Replied by Goldschmidt on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
Northernsoul, could you put some links up, I've googled John Courtney but I've got nowhere with it. Would be interesting to read his claims about his time at the club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 18:20 #45 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Goldschmidt wrote: Northernsoul, could you put some links up, I've googled John Courtney but I've got nowhere with it. Would be interesting to read his claims about his time at the club.


Thats the whole point 10 Years ago there were links to articles every time he bought a bottle of Bud and not just in relation to his involvement at CUFC.

Someone who knows way more about it than I do is pretty certain his internet history has been wiped using that EU legislation.

Since Jonathan took over Toplion theres virtually no mention of him on there either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 09:33 #46 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Goldschmidt wrote: Northernsoul, could you put some links up, I've googled John Courtney but I've got nowhere with it. Would be interesting to read his claims about his time at the club.


Thats the whole point 10 Years ago there were links to articles every time he bought a bottle of Bud and not just in relation to his involvement at CUFC.

Someone who knows way more about it than I do is pretty certain his internet history has been wiped using that EU legislation.

Since Jonathan took over Toplion theres virtually no mention of him on there either.


Courtenay was supposed to be taking it to the Courts about getting the club back. Did it happen?
No.
Why, Barry?

A determined character like, JC - it seems he lost his bottle or gave up on CUFC. After telling media he wanted to be back.
It would be easy for him now to take the reigns from the Custodians, and bridge the club for new investment.
There you go, Barry. Give your mate a ring and get him on it.
Or has he lost his bottle?

Cumbrian and Proud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
15 Apr 2019 17:43 #47 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
If they go tits up can we sneak into the play offs in 8th

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2019 17:50 #48 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Bury's new financial trouble?
We'll end up 13th behind Colchester, Swindon, Stevenage, Newport & Oldham the way things are going!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2019 17:52 - 15 Apr 2019 17:54 #49 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

Markovitch wrote: If they go tits up can we sneak into the play offs in 8th


Nothing will be happening to them until mid-May at the earliest...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 17:54 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 04:44 #50 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Bury's new financial trouble?

CCU wrote:

Markovitch wrote: If they go tits up can we sneak into the play offs in 8th


Nothing will be happening to them until mid-May at the earliest...


Might not be quite as clear cut as that

Very shortly there is a cut off date [ see the Coventry issue ] when clubs have to confirm where they will play next season and their terms of tenure.

As I understand it one of the issues Bury may now have is that who they thought owned their stadium doesn't and that its ownership may become an issue in Stuart Days bankruptcy [ to put it simply he may have put the deeds of the stadium up as collateral in a deal that he can no longer service and the owners are now flexing their muscles over it as they know they will be no cash forthcoming from Days assets ].

Remember when Middlesboro were locked out of Ayresome park which led to Steve Gibson getting involved in the first place but somehow i don't think Bury have a similar knight on a white horse waiting to come riding to their rescue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.