FAO Mr Lapping

More
10 Aug 2019 06:31 #101 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

munchymagic wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: I agree munch, when you sign up for a job you should read the contract agree and sign, if you don’t like it then leave.

We,re talking about a steward though hear, not the end of the world if you lose that job for speaking the truth, however I don’t think Kessler has said anything derogatory. Chill


CHILL - I will give you CHILL.

Six kids mixing up that slime shite and I leave them to it for ten minutes and I come back and the carpet is [censored].

Bloody School holidays :)


Blimey. You're looking out for my interests, and I'm feeling sympathy for you, what on earth is going on...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2019 07:51 #102 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Laffy wrote: I know a trouble maker when I see one-Kessler;your line of questioning is unlikely to endear you to anyone other than the civil service.

Or the student union.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2019 11:44 - 10 Aug 2019 11:45 #103 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Laffy wrote: I know a trouble maker when I see one-Kessler


So giving constructive criticism on how a business can improve things is making trouble? One of the things I've criticized about the club is the lack of attention given to customer service. Some people say they feel rushed out by stewards at the end, and munchy said one of them told him "come on we've got homes to get to!". If you were running the club Laffy would you be happy if your staff were talking to customers like that? I criticized that and said we need a greater emphasis in the match day briefings on on providing good customer service because if fans enjoy their experience and come back then that's more income for the club. Do you think I was wrong to criticize that, do you think that's an acceptable way for staff to talk to customers?
Last edit: 10 Aug 2019 11:45 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
10 Aug 2019 13:44 - 10 Aug 2019 13:45 #104 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic FAO Mr Lapping
Constructive criticism is the same as whinging, unless it includes ideas and/or proposed solutions.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2019 13:45 by thesilentone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2019 16:59 #105 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic FAO Mr Lapping
To be honest I’ve lost my train of thought on this thread.I thought we were arguing about your out of date views on running a business when I have been very clear it’s right to share in the upside and treat people well and with respect.

Do I think the Club is getting its act together on stewards and the match day stuff?Yes I do because I no longer have to queue like it was a soup kitchen, the staff are friendly and the ticket office is helpful and easy to deal with.Even the toilets are improved.

Back to you Kessler-I think your attitude renders you virtually unemployable.I would be looking over my back wondering what you were plotting and working on the assumption it would end up in a Tribunal.So my advice to you is quit twining and listen to what others are saying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2019 17:12 #106 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic FAO Mr Lapping
The match day experience has got to an acceptable level. Nothing great though just ok.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2019 17:32 - 10 Aug 2019 17:44 #107 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Laffy wrote: Back to you Kessler-I think your attitude renders you virtually unemployable.I would be looking over my back wondering what you were plotting and working on the assumption it would end up in a Tribunal.So my advice to you is quit twining and listen to what others are saying.


So I'm wrong for wanting the club to be successful and giving helpful suggestions for how they can improve things?
Last edit: 10 Aug 2019 17:44 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
10 Aug 2019 18:07 #108 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Kessler wrote:

Laffy wrote: Back to you Kessler-I think your attitude renders you virtually unemployable.I would be looking over my back wondering what you were plotting and working on the assumption it would end up in a Tribunal.So my advice to you is quit twining and listen to what others are saying.


So I'm wrong for wanting the club to be successful and giving helpful suggestions for how they can improve things?



Have you actually sent your suggestions to the BOD? or are you just airing them on here in the hope they see them?

To be honest Kessler, I can't decide if your views are naive or just strange? You come across on here as rather intense, maybe OCD, chill out Kiddo, don't waste your time , energy and emotions on stuff you can effect no change over. Life is way too short!

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 07:35 #109 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Bruntonpasty wrote: To be honest Kessler, I can't decide if your views are naive or just strange? You come across on here as rather intense, maybe OCD, chill out Kiddo, don't waste your time , energy and emotions on stuff you can effect no change over. Life is way too short!


The club I grew up supporting every weekend is dying a slow death right in front of my eyes. As a fan I feel I have a responsibility to criticize those who I feel are to blame for the clubs current predicament. If you don't like an employee criticizing their employer then fair enough, but look at some of the things I criticize and tell me if I'm wrong about them?

There are a lot of problems facing the club, but some of them could be easily fixed if they actually wanted to put in the effort. For example one thing a fan complained about was the lack of professionalism and posters still being up for games that had already happened. By itself this is only a minor thing, but over time it adds up and it doesn't make the club look very professional. They could easily fix that by just having some attention to detail and make sure posters like that are taken down after a match. It wouldn't cost them anything but it would make them look better. Another complaint people make is the lack of customer service. There isn't a lot of emphasis on customer service during the match day briefings. You'd think it should go without saying in a customer facing role but if stewards are telling munchy "come on we've got homes to go to" then obviously it does need saying. The reason I mention these two examples specifically is because they are easy wins for the club, they could be easily fixed and it wouldn't cost them anything. There are other problems facing the club that can't be fixed so easily, but if we're struggling with attendances and there's some things we can easily fix that make us look better and make customers more likely to come back, surely we should be doing that? The fact that they don't seem to care even when a lot of the problems could be easily fixed is what frustrates me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 07:45 - 11 Aug 2019 07:55 #110 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Laffy wrote: To be honest I’ve lost my train of thought on this thread.I thought we were arguing about your out of date views on running a business when I have been very clear it’s right to share in the upside and treat people well and with respect.

Do I think the Club is getting its act together on stewards and the match day stuff?Yes I do because I no longer have to queue like it was a soup kitchen, the staff are friendly and the ticket office is helpful and easy to deal with.Even the toilets are improved.
.

.

I beg to differ slightly.

I had to queue for 15 mins to get a ticket for a friendly!

Also you haven't checked out the facilities at the north end of the paddock lately then. It's like stepping back in time!

Dark smelly bar. Catering facility that is a nothing more than a little shed and then you're pissing in urinals that I can't believe are allowed in this day and age.

I bet Holdsworth and Clibbens aren't standing in piss in their fancy loafers!
Last edit: 11 Aug 2019 07:55 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 08:11 #111 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic FAO Mr Lapping
At least you’ve had the sense to ditch your crocs nobby.

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Mush, ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 11:04 #112 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic FAO Mr Lapping
About posters Kessler, they are still advertising the Crawley game.

It’s a joke.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
11 Aug 2019 12:38 #113 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic FAO Mr Lapping
I get all the criticisms of the current setup but, as many on here state regularly, the criticisms are made and are valid but nothing changes. Stop banging your heads against the wall, it won't change anything , it'll just give you a bad head! We have someone with millions basically controlling the club, one of the biggest "shopkeepers" in the country yet, they appear inept at running the shop professionally or just not bothered how the "shopfront" looks. To be honest this is the thing that surprises and disappoints me most, they show only brief glimpses of any marketing savvy but, I refuse to get all annoyed and irritated about it. Things will change in time, the worry is , how bad will things get before that change comes?
So, for all the worriers, Kessler, Mullen et al, please, for your own benefit, try to not give a feck 'cos them in charge who can effect changes you want, clearly don't want to. They'll have meetings and chuck the soundbites about but in reality, nowt significant will happen until THEY decide it does. Like most, I've followed the Blues for a considerable time, good and bad! I could stop going? but I choose not to at this point in time, that may change...................

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Aug 2019 17:56 #114 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Kessler wrote:

Bruntonpasty wrote: To be honest Kessler, I can't decide if your views are naive or just strange? You come across on here as rather intense, maybe OCD, chill out Kiddo, don't waste your time , energy and emotions on stuff you can effect no change over. Life is way too short!


The club I grew up supporting every weekend is dying a slow death right in front of my eyes. As a fan I feel I have a responsibility to criticize those who I feel are to blame for the clubs current predicament. If you don't like an employee criticizing their employer then fair enough, but look at some of the things I criticize and tell me if I'm wrong about them?

There are a lot of problems facing the club, but some of them could be easily fixed if they actually wanted to put in the effort. For example one thing a fan complained about was the lack of professionalism and posters still being up for games that had already happened. By itself this is only a minor thing, but over time it adds up and it doesn't make the club look very professional. They could easily fix that by just having some attention to detail and make sure posters like that are taken down after a match. It wouldn't cost them anything but it would make them look better. Another complaint people make is the lack of customer service. There isn't a lot of emphasis on customer service during the match day briefings. You'd think it should go without saying in a customer facing role but if stewards are telling munchy "come on we've got homes to go to" then obviously it does need saying. The reason I mention these two examples specifically is because they are easy wins for the club, they could be easily fixed and it wouldn't cost them anything. There are other problems facing the club that can't be fixed so easily, but if we're struggling with attendances and there's some things we can easily fix that make us look better and make customers more likely to come back, surely we should be doing that? The fact that they don't seem to care even when a lot of the problems could be easily fixed is what frustrates me.



Yeah you did defuse a situation at the time in a professional manner.

I didn't really have time to have a word with that old bloke before you stepped in - was with my little boy at the time as you know and there were other children about so wouldn't have sworn at him but would have had a word with him.

As I previously said, it would be selfish of me and unsafe to block the exits whilst on a crutch so chose the sensible option and waited till the queues died down.

Common sense is never used though really with some folk, the players had all gone off and we were in an emptying stadium - what would have my reasons for hanging about be in that blokes head?

We won that evening fortunately so I wasn't in a foul mood :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 18:10 #115 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

munchymagic wrote: Yeah you did defuse a situation at the time in a professional manner.


Did I? Are you sure that was me?

munchymagic wrote: Common sense is never used though really with some folk, the players had all gone off and we were in an emptying stadium - what would have my reasons for hanging about be in that blokes head?


Common sense died a whilee ago and like I said, there is very little/none attention given to customer service in the match day briefings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Aug 2019 18:35 #116 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote: Yeah you did defuse a situation at the time in a professional manner.


Did I? Are you sure that was me?

munchymagic wrote: Common sense is never used though really with some folk, the players had all gone off and we were in an emptying stadium - what would have my reasons for hanging about be in that blokes head?


Common sense died a whilee ago and like I said, there is very little/none attention given to customer service in the match day briefings


You know it was, or you alluded to it was you.

I would have just taken the compliment as I could be referring to someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 18:40 - 11 Aug 2019 18:46 #117 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

munchymagic wrote: You know it was, or you alluded to it was you.


I did no such thing. If you look at the post in question I think you'll find that I said I was not going to confirm or deny whether it was me. I'm not sure how you've ended up thinking that I was alluding anything even after I explicitly told you I wouldn't be confirming or denying anything.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2019 18:46 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Aug 2019 18:50 #118 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic FAO Mr Lapping
You stuck a smiley with sunglasses on it as well.

Not bothered either way, if it wasn't you then I can at least vouch that there is one decent steward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 18:57 #119 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic FAO Mr Lapping

munchymagic wrote: if it wasn't you then I can at least vouch that there is one decent steward.



A lot are decent. The problem is that there is virtually no emphasis/direction given by the club about providing good customer service, so it's hit and miss. Whether you get good customer service depends entirely on whether that particular steward has a good sense of it, there is no standardized guidance and direction from the club about that. Again that's something I think makes us look unprofessional, and again it's something that could easily be fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Aug 2019 19:00 #120 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote: if it wasn't you then I can at least vouch that there is one decent steward.



A lot are decent. The problem is that there is virtually no emphasis/direction given by the club about providing good customer service, so it's hit and miss. Whether you get good customer service depends entirely on whether that particular steward has a good sense of it, there is no standardized guidance and direction from the club about that. Again that's something I think makes us look unprofessional, and again it's something that could easily be fixed.


Do you have the same qualifications and experience as your boss?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 19:01 #121 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic FAO Mr Lapping
Bought a new book Munch-Prisoners of Geography.Will send it on when I’ve finished with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Aug 2019 19:04 #122 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic FAO Mr Lapping

Laffy wrote: Bought a new book Munch-Prisoners of Geography.Will send it on when I’ve finished with it.


Cheers pal, been a stressful time of late so a welcome distraction would be nice :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 20:36 #123 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic FAO Mr Lapping

munchymagic wrote:

Laffy wrote: Bought a new book Munch-Prisoners of Geography.Will send it on when I’ve finished with it.


Cheers pal, been a stressful time of late so a welcome distraction would be nice :)


I’ve just picked up the same book from my Dad the other week, looks an interesting read...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.