Game advertising board

More
20 Aug 2019 18:18 #51 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board
Time to wind the Club up...

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2019 18:50 #52 by mattcufc
Replied by mattcufc on topic Game advertising board
Noticed this morning it wasn’t updated, not sure how much of a problem it is as a quick look below and seen Salford game was on Saturday. Probably a lot more noticeable at moment due to amount of time sat in traffic at the lights than normal when would pass it by.

2 Ground staff were updating the board around 2pm this afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2019 21:26 #53 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Dancingbear wrote: I know its not the point but i wonder how many people would actually base a decision to go to a game or even not be aware the games on on saturday on the basis of that sign being up to date?.


They might not directly base a decision on that, but it makes you question if the club can't even be arsed to fix the basic, easily-solved things, what else aren't they putting the effort in on? It feels like they have no pride in the club or desire to run it properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2019 21:31 #54 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Game advertising board
Maybe they were doing something more important like working out how much a new manager is gonna cost.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 09:25 #55 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board
Good to see the Plymouth game still at the top of the Board late yesterday (3 days after it finished!)...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Waltero, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 09:38 #56 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Game advertising board
Everybody's working 24/7 (sometimes even longer hours I've heard in big Dave's case) to save the club from extinction and all you can moan about his some bloody board.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 09:41 #57 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Game advertising board
I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Dancingbear, chickensunited

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 09:45 #58 by chickensunited
Replied by chickensunited on topic Game advertising board

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, seesaw50, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:04 #59 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Game advertising board

chickensunited wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.


No reason whatsoever that Pattison couldn't be up there at 6am on a Monday morning sorting it out

Then with a bit of luck, one of the office bints will turn in doing her makeup in the Mirror

One down two to go
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, Wukkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:15 #60 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Game advertising board
The judge said Steve Patt isn't allowed near a ladder till 2025 after that court case.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:34 #61 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Game advertising board

chickensunited wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.


Think you just fell for nobbys sense of humour chickens... but your 2nd paragrah is spot on

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:57 #62 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board

seesaw50 wrote:

chickensunited wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.


Think you just fell for nobbys sense of humour chickens... but your 2nd paragrah is spot on


If it was the first time, you’d tend to agree with Chickens. But it isn’t. It’s happened several times since this post began. This latest being by far the longest one.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not the biggest problem but when you add all these little things up then the overall picture is one that paints a graphic portrayal of the state of the Club - Again all mentioned earlier in this Thread!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:04 #63 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

CCU wrote: Good to see the Plymouth game still at the top of the Board late yesterday (3 days after it finished!)...


It's not a big problem, but it's one of those little things that make you think they just can't be arsed. Hasn't this already been raised as a problem with them and we were assured it would be addressed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:09 #64 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Game advertising board

CCU wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

chickensunited wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.


Think you just fell for nobbys sense of humour chickens... but your 2nd paragrah is spot on


If it was the first time, you’d tend to agree with Chickens. But it isn’t. It’s happened several times since this post began. This latest being by far the longest one.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not the biggest problem but when you add all these little things up then the overall picture is one that paints a graphic portrayal of the state of the Club - Again all mentioned earlier in this Thread!


This just deserves a "so what" .....in the grand scheme of things ...sorry to disagree

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:12 #65 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board

seesaw50 wrote:

CCU wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

chickensunited wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I don't think some on here understand the hard graft that goes on behinds the scenes at Brunton Park.

From coaching to recruitment its never ending. You don't think we maintain this level by accident.


Couldn't agree more - I am very disgruntled with the 'custodians' of the club for a number of reasons, but we are a small town club at which the day to day operation is not done by the board. We should remember this when being negative about things.

They also put the date on the games on that board so if you are upset that a game is still there a few days after, that probably says more about your intelligence or initiative than that of those who work hard for the club.


Think you just fell for nobbys sense of humour chickens... but your 2nd paragrah is spot on


If it was the first time, you’d tend to agree with Chickens. But it isn’t. It’s happened several times since this post began. This latest being by far the longest one.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not the biggest problem but when you add all these little things up then the overall picture is one that paints a graphic portrayal of the state of the Club - Again all mentioned earlier in this Thread!


This just deserves a "so what" .....in the grand scheme of things ...sorry to disagree


Each to their own, clearly plenty of folk are bothered by the little things that makes us look shoddy as this Thread testifies.

Don’t be complaining about anything else trivial in future then!

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:17 #66 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Game advertising board
Not me CCU....nobody died eh

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:20 #67 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

seesaw50 wrote: Not me CCU....nobody died eh


No, but it's yet another small (and easy to fix) thing that just makes the club look that little bit more unprofessional. It was raised as an issue before and they said they would address it, but it doesn't seem they have. So what about the promises they give us on bigger more important things, can those be trusted now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:32 #68 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Game advertising board
The whole club is shoddy from top to bottom.

They give the impression they don't give a [censored] from the catering & the bars to the players and the board of directors.

Big cup game tonight but you'd hardly know it was on. And then they'll complain when only 2,000 turn up.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU, Arragorn, Wukkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:35 #69 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

nobbyblue wrote: The whole club is shoddy from top to bottom.

They give the impression they don't give a [censored] from the catering & the bars to the players and the board of directors.

Big cup game tonight but you'd hardly know it was on. And then they'll complain when only 2,000 turn up.


But from their point of view why would they bother to care if fans have shown they are perfectly happy to keep accepting the shite on offer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:36 #70 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Game advertising board
Pride in the club perhaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:40 #71 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Game advertising board

nobbyblue wrote: The whole club is shoddy from top to bottom.

They give the impression they don't give a [censored] from the catering & the bars to the players and the board of directors.

Big cup game tonight but you'd hardly know it was on. And then they'll complain when only 2,000 turn up.


Aye you can just imagine the push it would be getting from a Micheal Knighton, John Courtenay or dare I say it even Fred Story

Theyd be shouting from the rooftops and every form of media going about storming Wembley

Even comical Andy seems to have given up on the job nowadays and simply does the stuff that he is contracted to do by the FL and no more mind you must be a hell of a job to try and make Jenkins, Nixon and co look like anything but a circus full of clowns

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 11:43 #72 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

nobbyblue wrote: Pride in the club perhaps.


They don't have any. And as long as fans are willing to keep putting money in to prop up the regime, what incentive is there for them to change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • tommycoleman1
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
15 Jan 2020 13:41 #73 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic Game advertising board
Is there not 3 or 4 fixtures on the board ? if so is tonights match on it and The Walsall* game too?
If yes surely supporters can work out who is up next ( unless we win tonights replay*)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 14:08 #74 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic Game advertising board
The fans are paying your wages or hadn't that crossed your mind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 14:16 - 15 Jan 2020 14:20 #75 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board

tommycoleman1 wrote: Is there not 3 or 4 fixtures on the board ? if so is tonights match on it and The Walsall* game too?
If yes surely supporters can work out who is up next ( unless we win tonights replay*)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Most folk will look when driving past, they’d likely glance at the top one?

And if that’s out of date...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 14:20 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 15:03 #76 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic Game advertising board

nobbyblue wrote: Pride in the club perhaps.


Custodians and pride don’t go together.

The only pride that board have is in looking down on us. Oh and Nixon takes great pride in wearing his FA jacket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 15:03 #77 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Game advertising board
I’m that mad I might consider asking a question at the next cusg. Btw are they getting any coin for the game being on 5live sports extra? Prob not worth advertising if that’s already taken care of.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:21 #78 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Dancingbear wrote: I’m that mad I might consider asking a question at the next cusg. Btw are they getting any coin for the game being on 5live sports extra? Prob not worth advertising if that’s already taken care of.


I've already got it covered. I think I might beat Mullen this time, he said he only had 1 question so far but I've got 7 at the minute. 7-1 is a long lead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:25 #79 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Waltero wrote: The fans are paying your wages or hadn't that crossed your mind


I PAY YERRRR WAGES!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
15 Jan 2020 16:28 #80 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Game advertising board
Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:29 #81 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Bumble wrote: Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?


Maybe, maybe not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
15 Jan 2020 16:31 #82 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Game advertising board
I can’t even be bothered to be mad anymore: there’s no pride in the club, yes people do good work and are hard working but from the outside there’s no seeing that and it looks like the clubs lazy.

What’s more bizarre is people thinking this is ok. It’s not the end of the world but shows the club being tinpot.

At Aldershot in September they changed there’s mid match and were shouting about their next home game all the time.

We’ve a game today 3rd round fa cup and there’s little promotion and no excitement.

I can’t be arsed anymore until there’s a complete clear out. If you do complain you get a load of codswallop about everyone being busy and it’ll be done - never is.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:33 #83 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Mullen103 wrote: I can’t even be bothered to be mad anymore: there’s no pride in the club, yes people do good work and are hard working but from the outside there’s no seeing that and it looks like the clubs lazy.

What’s more bizarre is people thinking this is ok. It’s not the end of the world but shows the club being tinpot.

At Aldershot in September they changed there’s mid match and were shouting about their next home game all the time.

We’ve a game today 3rd round fa cup and there’s little promotion and no excitement.

I can’t be arsed anymore until there’s a complete clear out. If you do complain you get a load of codswallop about everyone being busy and it’ll be done - never is.


Well said Mullen. It frustrates me but I don't think people really do think it's ok. They just think that protesting or boycotting won't change anything. If people knew for sure that a protest definitely would result in the BOD leaving I'm sure more would be interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
15 Jan 2020 16:37 #84 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Game advertising board

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?


Maybe, maybe not.


ok, nae bother, I'll ask some one else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:39 #85 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Bumble wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?


Maybe, maybe not.


ok, nae bother, I'll ask some one else.


What you asking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
15 Jan 2020 16:52 #86 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Game advertising board

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?


Maybe, maybe not.


ok, nae bother, I'll ask some one else.


What you asking?


I think she was asking if you’re going to the game tonight ;)

Yeah I’ve only 1 question

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:57 #87 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Game advertising board

Mullen103 wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: Are you working at the club tonight Kessler?


Maybe, maybe not.


ok, nae bother, I'll ask some one else.


What you asking?



I think she was asking if you’re going to the game tonight ;)

Yeah I’ve only 1 question



Strange that the clubs leading steward and protest organiser doesn't even know if she's working just an hour before shed be due at the ground

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
15 Jan 2020 16:58 #88 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Game advertising board
Kessler, I think I may have lost a battery (camera one, expensive) at the game on Sat and was going to ask you if you could ask any stewards if they had seen it. It's around two inches by one inch, dark grey, and was in a black nylon bag.
I'll pop into the stewards room and ask, as I say nae bother.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:59 #89 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic Game advertising board
That's because it doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 17:24 #90 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Game advertising board
Game Board Update - Plymouth game has been taken down, leaving a gap on the top row!

:)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 17:57 #91 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic Game advertising board
A mystery opponent maybe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 22:46 #92 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

Bumble wrote: Kessler, I think I may have lost a battery (camera one, expensive) at the game on Sat and was going to ask you if you could ask any stewards if they had seen it. It's around two inches by one inch, dark grey, and was in a black nylon bag.
I'll pop into the stewards room and ask, as I say nae bother.


Hopefully you found it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
15 Jan 2020 23:17 #93 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Game advertising board
Unfortunately not, but heyho, it may turn up somewhere totally rediculous yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
15 Jan 2020 23:21 #94 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Game advertising board

Bumble wrote: Unfortunately not, but heyho, it may turn up somewhere totally rediculous yet.

Seems some of our players used the battery - newfound energy from somewhere.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
16 Jan 2020 00:03 #95 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Game advertising board

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: Kessler, I think I may have lost a battery (camera one, expensive) at the game on Sat and was going to ask you if you could ask any stewards if they had seen it. It's around two inches by one inch, dark grey, and was in a black nylon bag.
I'll pop into the stewards room and ask, as I say nae bother.


Hopefully you found it?


What did your pals say then Kes when you asked them about the said item?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 13:51 #96 by chickensunited
Replied by chickensunited on topic Game advertising board

tommycoleman1 wrote: Is there not 3 or 4 fixtures on the board ? if so is tonights match on it and The Walsall* game too?
If yes surely supporters can work out who is up next ( unless we win tonights replay*)


That is where I say it shouldn't get under your skin too much, most clubs avoid this issue by just putting up the 'Next Fixture' meaning far less work to move them, I'd say our 4 game board is far more useful, even if it sometimes is a little out of date!

On the broader point of seeing the little things done well I absolutely think that the club could and should do a lot better. I get the feeling that it is managerial folk (don't ask me what level as I honestly don't know) making shortsighted decisions which make us look daft. For instance, if we had 3 people on the bar in the paddock in the hour running from KO to the end of half time fans could spend more, more would be likely to give a game a punt if they knew they could watch 75 minutes of (crap) football and have 2 pints with their mates rather than 90 and 1. That makes sense from a business point of view but getting the 'oh go on then' back in the ground is the first step, if they aren't there for games like last night, you never get the chance to persuade them to keep coming back.

There are so many small things like this on a matchday which would make the club a little more money but make the experience actually enjoyable, even when the football is shit.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 14:22 #97 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Game advertising board
Aye, I had noticed this before, I know most of us know which is our next game, but it simply makes us look tin pot and amature.
And whilst I'm at it, the amount of people queing for tickets (Paddock) was ridiculous, I had a ticket but my mate didn't and he did not get in until nearly 8pm, (and before anybody accuses him of not buying an advanced ticket, he didn't know whether he could come until the last minute because of work commitments), especially if the rumours are true that there were four staff in the old ticket office doing nowt but drinking cups of tea, and just one poor lass trying to deal with that bloody long que.
Beggars belief really!!
As much as I despised Knighton, I can always remember him on one occasion helping out on one of the turnstiles when we had a bigger than normal gate.
Little things make such a difference in the end, but then they wonder why gates are falling??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 14:38 #98 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Game advertising board

bluebry wrote: As much as I despised Knighton, I can always remember him on one occasion helping out on one of the turnstiles when we had a bigger than normal gate.


Helping out or helping himself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 14:57 #99 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Game advertising board

chickensunited wrote:

tommycoleman1 wrote: Is there not 3 or 4 fixtures on the board ? if so is tonights match on it and The Walsall* game too?
If yes surely supporters can work out who is up next ( unless we win tonights replay*)


That is where I say it shouldn't get under your skin too much, most clubs avoid this issue by just putting up the 'Next Fixture' meaning far less work to move them, I'd say our 4 game board is far more useful, even if it sometimes is a little out of date!

On the broader point of seeing the little things done well I absolutely think that the club could and should do a lot better. I get the feeling that it is managerial folk (don't ask me what level as I honestly don't know) making shortsighted decisions which make us look daft. For instance, if we had 3 people on the bar in the paddock in the hour running from KO to the end of half time fans could spend more, more would be likely to give a game a punt if they knew they could watch 75 minutes of (crap) football and have 2 pints with their mates rather than 90 and 1. That makes sense from a business point of view but getting the 'oh go on then' back in the ground is the first step, if they aren't there for games like last night, you never get the chance to persuade them to keep coming back.

There are so many small things like this on a matchday which would make the club a little more money but make the experience actually enjoyable, even when the football is shit.


Some people say they don't care about the little things but I think it's important.

The little things are still important. I don't think anyone is going to decide against going to a match just because the fixture board was out of date, but it's just another little thing that erodes the fans confidence. How can we trust that the big issues facing the club will be sorted if they seemingly can't even fix the small and easy to fix issues?

Outdated adverts is an issue that has been raised at CUSG meetings before, I can't understand why it hasn't been fixed? Is it laziness or astounding levels of incompetence?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 16:47 #100 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Game advertising board

chickensunited wrote:

tommycoleman1 wrote: Is there not 3 or 4 fixtures on the board ? if so is tonights match on it and The Walsall* game too?
If yes surely supporters can work out who is up next ( unless we win tonights replay*)


That is where I say it shouldn't get under your skin too much, most clubs avoid this issue by just putting up the 'Next Fixture' meaning far less work to move them, I'd say our 4 game board is far more useful, even if it sometimes is a little out of date!

On the broader point of seeing the little things done well I absolutely think that the club could and should do a lot better. I get the feeling that it is managerial folk (don't ask me what level as I honestly don't know) making shortsighted decisions which make us look daft. For instance, if we had 3 people on the bar in the paddock in the hour running from KO to the end of half time fans could spend more, more would be likely to give a game a punt if they knew they could watch 75 minutes of (crap) football and have 2 pints with their mates rather than 90 and 1. That makes sense from a business point of view but getting the 'oh go on then' back in the ground is the first step, if they aren't there for games like last night, you never get the chance to persuade them to keep coming back.

There are so many small things like this on a matchday which would make the club a little more money but make the experience actually enjoyable, even when the football is shit.


But it wouldn't make the club any more money as the bars are part of the catering contract and let out and I would imagine they will have a staff budget across all the outlets and use the staff they can afford in the most appropriate place.

Let's hope that with Jenkins influence supposedly on the wane somebody sees sense and brings it all back in house very soon
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.