Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

More
20 Sep 2019 00:38 #101 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
I hope they recall him, it will save us the bother of sending him back and free up a much needed loan space for us in January.

It's a bit of an insult they think he's capable of playing in League Two.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 07:44 #102 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Bluedazblue wrote:

Flatcap wrote: It's getting a bit farcical when Premier League clubs have loan managers.

Are they unable to look after their own players within their own club structure rather than loan them out to other teams?


Yes.

They want to hang on to what they think are potentially good players, but there comes a point when they know they'll never improve without first team football.

And judging by the quality of many of our Premier League loan players, these big clubs are no better at identifying talent than we are. In fact often they're worse.

Or we are shit at picking them, or are having the dross foisted on us.
So many prem and champ teams seem to be doing okay with the u-23 system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 08:20 #103 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
It's the same old tired story though isn't it.
Big clubs hoover these young starlets up before they've even started from clubs like us, they bung them in a barely competitive U16-U23 system where they play lower standard than the old Reserve league level, they don't learn anything much they'll need for league football.

Some have the talent to hold their own naturally but a lot would have been better off (in terms of development) staying at Forest Green/Halifax Town/Leyton Orient etc and so on so they learn how to play before they get a move to Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal.
We get a pittance for them and they ruin a potentially good player, half get released a few years down the line and start again where they should have been all a long...

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 08:28 - 20 Sep 2019 08:41 #104 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Where's this great relationship with the Mighty Leeds Holdsworth spoke of.

They obviously never had any intention of sending any young players our way.

Holdsworth and Pressley's recruitment hasn't been great to say the least. Six mediocre defenders signed (two of whom they never player), no midfielders of any note and two Premier League academy strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Arguably the only decent permanent signing is McKirdy.

The best two players have been Collin and Jones who were here any way.

You can't tell me the present squad is an improvement on Miller, Grainger, Liddle, Gerrard, Parkes, Gillesphey, Devitt and even Richie Bennett. And that the loan signings are better than Nadesan, Sowerby and Yates. And Pressley's working on a similar budget if not better than last season if rep[orts are to be believed.

Lummy and James Phillip's could have put a better squad together! :-D
Last edit: 20 Sep 2019 08:41 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush, heilkmoon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 10:24 #105 by shoddycollins
Replied by shoddycollins on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: I hope they recall him, it will save us the bother of sending him back and free up a much needed loan space for us in January.

It's a bit of an insult they think he's capable of playing in League Two.


Don't think they can recall him before January.

Even if they could, fighting for a place here, even if he never breaks into the first team, would probably do him better than going back to Newcastle's U23s. Strikers do have a tendency to struggle at first and then suddenly click, especially in unfamilar situations, he may suddenly start scoring.

Newcastle fans' reactions to his loan are a bit comical, shows how much the average Premier league fan knows about the wider world of football.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 10:27 #106 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
I think the Newcastle fans' reactions will be largely because they're desperate for home grown talent to do well and he's been touted as someone to keep an eye on. Not great someone who has been picked as a potential first teamer to be struggling to get minutes at a League 2 club.

If Jarrad Branthwaite goes to Kendal on loan and can't get any game time we'll be wondering what the hell is going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 10:33 - 20 Sep 2019 10:33 #107 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Branthwaite looked a very capable player any time I've seen him. He'll go on to much better things.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2019 10:33 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 10:46 #108 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
From the chronicle article:

"Newcastle have terminated loan deals for similar reasons in the past when calling Cal Roberts back from a stint at Gateshead a few years ago.

United also cut short Adam Campbell's loan at Carlisle in 2013 after the striker made just one appearance."


Campbell's now playing for Darlo in conference north and Roberts now for Blyth in the same division, so the common theme seems to be they're not good enough for a sustained career at our level. The premier clubs approach seems to be to sign absolutely tons of youths, chuck em at the wall and see what sticks... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F...Reserves_and_Academy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 11:22 #109 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

HuntingHorn wrote: It's the same old tired story though isn't it.
Big clubs hoover these young starlets up before they've even started from clubs like us, they bung them in a barely competitive U16-U23 system where they play lower standard than the old Reserve league level, they don't learn anything much they'll need for league football.

Some have the talent to hold their own naturally but a lot would have been better off (in terms of development) staying at Forest Green/Halifax Town/Leyton Orient etc and so on so they learn how to play before they get a move to Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal.
We get a pittance for them and they ruin a potentially good player, half get released a few years down the line and start again where they should have been all a long...

They are trying to breed footballers for their standard of football, which is a word of difference to the physical nature of League 2.
Tackles are almost outlawed in the Prem and, to a lesser dgree, the championship. Just look at Jack Grealish - great player but would embarrass Klinsman with the way he goes down.
The days of Beckham going to Preston to harden up are long gone, whether we like it or not.
If we are going to take players from the prem or championship, we need to be taking skillful ball players, and supplement them with hardened players who allow them to play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 11:25 #110 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

nobbyblue wrote: Where's this great relationship with the Mighty Leeds Holdsworth spoke of.

They obviously never had any intention of sending any young players our way.

Holdsworth and Pressley's recruitment hasn't been great to say the least. Six mediocre defenders signed (two of whom they never player), no midfielders of any note and two Premier League academy strikers who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.:-D


Was never convinced it was going to happen to be honest Nobby. Said early on the Leeds policy is to keep the players in house as they think the coaching is so much better than they would get in League 2. The ones that get sent on loan now are typically those on the way out.
Thought Edmundson or Kun may have gone out, and think Edmundson needs it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 11:27 #111 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

HuntingHorn wrote: It's the same old tired story though isn't it.
Big clubs hoover these young starlets up before they've even started from clubs like us, they bung them in a barely competitive U16-U23 system where they play lower standard than the old Reserve league level, they don't learn anything much they'll need for league football.

Some have the talent to hold their own naturally but a lot would have been better off (in terms of development) staying at Forest Green/Halifax Town/Leyton Orient etc and so on so they learn how to play before they get a move to Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal.
We get a pittance for them and they ruin a potentially good player, half get released a few years down the line and start again where they should have been all a long...

Should have said, agree fully with the second part of your post. Early days for McCarron yet, but he has played 45 minutes for the u-23s, when the international youth players were away. Please don't think this is me wroting him off by the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2019 12:43 #112 by digger
Replied by digger on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
From what I’ve seen I don’t think he will ever be ready for league football.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 08:37 #113 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • heilkmoon
  • heilkmoon's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
24 Sep 2019 08:56 #114 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote:


No escaping the fact that this was a major recruitment failure by Pressley & Holdsworth.

First the strategy of waiting until the eve of the season for our "main" striker on loan, who then apparently didn't want to come.
Whether or not the player was interested would surely have been easy to establish at the very outset?

Then secondly the last ditch replacement with this lad who clearly isn't up to the standard yet. How did we scout him? We could have had the same contribution we've had from Sorensen so far from one of our own youth players.

As it is, the slot in our limited squad that was supposed to be reserved for our main striker has been completely wasted.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 09:48 #115 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
He hasn't looked up to much and has really struggled, but think he has only had one start (I think).
The problem with these young loanees is that they came here to play and if they aren't getting game time it's a vicious circle.
Still early days to write him off.
Needs a goal and might give him a lift, preferably not tonight mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2019 17:32 - 25 Sep 2019 17:38 #116 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
More from Ameobi:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 25 Sep 2019 17:38 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2019 17:43 #117 by ROOSTER
Replied by ROOSTER on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Take him back & stop wasting our time, is what I would say to Ameobi...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2019 18:38 #118 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

ROOSTER wrote: Take him back & stop wasting our time, is what I would say to Ameobi...


Your being too kind there Rooster. I’d tell him to piss off I’ll pick what I think is my strongest side.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2019 18:57 #119 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
None of us are aware of what promises/bullshit that Pressley and Holdsworth fed Ameobi to get Sorensen in the first place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Carlisleprogrammes
  • Carlisleprogrammes's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
  • 304 Football Grounds and Counting
More
25 Sep 2019 19:13 #120 by Carlisleprogrammes
Replied by Carlisleprogrammes on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Played a lot better last night

Set Loft up for the goal in the 1st half, then in the second half loft had a chance to slide the ball across to him to repay the favour but loft chose to shoot and missed Elias was waving his arms in the air furious loft was taken off not long after


Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

311 Football grounds and Counting

#cumbriangroundhopper

90/92 and 38/42
www.carlisleprogrammes.co.uk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lakelandterrier
  • Lakelandterrier's Avatar
  • Away
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
26 Sep 2019 04:54 #121 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

munchymagic wrote: None of us are aware of what promises/bullshit that Pressley and Holdsworth fed Ameobi to get Sorensen in the first place.


If we pay the loan fee and there are no clauses in the contract about number of games played its up to the staff to play him. If he is not doing emough, why start him?
He is here all season, his time wiĺ come.

Cumbrian and Proud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2019 09:03 #122 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
He'll get his time in January when Fela's recalled to Scunthorpe and he's all we've got left!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2019 11:18 - 26 Sep 2019 11:19 #123 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Reading between the lines with Ameobi on twitter/chronicle it seems that Sorensen hasn't been putting the effort in and therefore hasn't been in serious consideration for a place.
It looks like Ameobi has had a word as well as Pressley and the lad has started to make a much greater go to be in contention.

Unfortunately it seems that Ameobi has backed Pressley into a corner too and pushed him to make more of an effort to play him if he shows he's putting the work in...seems fair enough to me but I wonder if that'll come at the detriment of others somewhere further down the line..?

Seems if his start here and last season at Blackpool are anything to go by his focus wanders if he's not got someone cracking the whip...

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Last edit: 26 Sep 2019 11:19 by HuntingHorn. Reason: didn't make sense...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • heilkmoon
  • heilkmoon's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
26 Sep 2019 11:43 #124 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

HuntingHorn wrote: Reading between the lines with Ameobi on twitter/chronicle it seems that Sorensen hasn't been putting the effort in and therefore hasn't been in serious consideration for a place.
It looks like Ameobi has had a word as well as Pressley and the lad has started to make a much greater go to be in contention.

Unfortunately it seems that Ameobi has backed Pressley into a corner too and pushed him to make more of an effort to play him if he shows he's putting the work in...seems fair enough to me but I wonder if that'll come at the detriment of others somewhere further down the line..?

Seems if his start here and last season at Blackpool are anything to go by his focus wanders if he's not got someone cracking the whip...


Doesn't bode well for his career if he needs to be constantly reminded to make an effort.

If he was scoring goals I wouldn't mind if he did nowt else.

It would be better for everyone if he can turn it round sharpish, but Newcastle can't complain about us if he doesn't when the same thing happened at Blackpool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 14:22 #125 by KentBlue
Replied by KentBlue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Just had a mate quite rightly point out to me that Sorensen seems to have buggered off to Malaga on holiday with his missus. All over his Instagram account today doing backflips into a pool!

Doesn't really send a great message for desire does it? Might have his reasons but there can't be many pros who have a few casual days in Spain at the start of October?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 14:24 - 30 Sep 2019 14:25 #126 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 14:25 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: KentBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 14:27 #127 by KentBlue
Replied by KentBlue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...


That'll be that then! Can't blame the lad for squeezing a quick trip in but would've been more encouraging to see him hanging about. Maybe I'm being a miserable git! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 16:14 - 30 Sep 2019 16:16 #128 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
We are hardly top of the league, and on top of this the players don't seem to understand what Pressley wants from them.

So to remedy this I will send them on holiday.

Seems an odd move to me but managers are always right until it goes wrong and have to take accountability for their actions so if we win on Saturday then it was a shrewd move by Pressley but if we lose he should walk really as if you send your players on their jolly's then you have less time to work with them and if this shows on Saturday then Pressley will only have himself to blame.

He seems unable to manage them anyhow - McKirdy probably told Pressley that we are off on holiday and that's that, see you on Wednesday.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 16:16 by munchymagic.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 16:30 #129 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Pressley has given them some time off - It’s up to the Players what they do with it!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier, kickergold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 16:44 #130 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...


I could see the point of giving them a break from training if we were riding high in the league, scoring for fun and looking solid in defence.

As it stands I cannot see the point.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, nobbyblue, Mush, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 16:49 - 30 Sep 2019 16:59 #131 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them some time off - It’s up to the Players what they do with it!


True but when lack of communication between manager and players is there for all to see, I don't think that more time apart is the answer.

If someone sends their child to school for three days instead of five then they will learn less, same goes for the Carlisle United players and training.

Perhaps they are still celebrating the win on Saturday and never want to come back down.

Technically then Pressley has given 'himself' a few days off to do sod all but claiming that he has been catching up on analysis, did nobody tell him that we all ripped the piss out of Keith Curle when he mentioned his KPI's - Pressley is ten times worse.

Couldn't Holdsworth do the analysis whilst being invisible?
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 16:59 by munchymagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 17:20 #132 by spencerboon
Replied by spencerboon on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

munchymagic wrote: If someone sends their child to school for three days instead of five then they will learn less, same goes for the Carlisle United players and training.


On this basis, more time away from Pressley is a good thing?

Blue flags waving at the top of the tower...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 17:41 - 30 Sep 2019 17:43 #133 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Cycle of Training! They get more holidays than Judith Chalmers.

They should be in today watching the whole 90 minutes of Saturday's game. We had to!

I hope that Sorensen stops in Spain.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 17:43 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 19:00 #134 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
When you think about it we are one of the worst professional teams in the whole country and as I understand it, there aren't many countries in world football that have four professional leagues , so that makes us one of the poorest professional teams in the world and he isn't good enough to get in it.
So it's nothing personal but it does seem all wrong.
Anyhow, enjoy your holiday, Elias. Blue Army!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 19:23 - 30 Sep 2019 19:32 #135 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
I can see how the two hours a day training can take its toll. I'm expecting a decent performance at Newport when they've come back refreshed. :-D

If we get humped I'll be expecting Elvis to get his P45.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 19:32 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 19:42 #136 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

nobbyblue wrote: I can see how the two hours a day training can take its toll. I'm expecting a decent performance at Newport when they've come back refreshed. :-D

If we get humped I'll be expecting Elvis to get his P45.

Watching them Saturday ,They actually looked fatigued . Pressely is know to be massively into his fitness stats , bit sometimes you can over run player. A rest may be good for them.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 19:50 #137 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...


If Curle had done this you'd be going crazy!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, thetashkentterror, Dancingbear, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 19:56 #138 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
So basically Pressley's preparing for the Newport game by doing nowt most of the week? :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 20:02 #139 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Rest is as important as good quality fitness training

That said working on tactics and set pieces for example shouldn't be taxing on the body of professional footballers

Be just and fear not
The following user(s) Liked this post:: kickergold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 20:46 #140 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
I've just read the article on the N & S, they're off until Thursday and Pressley's going to see his family! So that four days off they are getting,
if they get hammered on Saturday so should Pressley after.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 20:53 #141 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Happyblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I can see how the two hours a day training can take its toll. I'm expecting a decent performance at Newport when they've come back refreshed. :-D

If we get humped I'll be expecting Elvis to get his P45.

Watching them Saturday ,They actually looked fatigued . Pressely is know to be massively into his fitness stats , bit sometimes you can over run player. A rest may be good for them.


If they are fatigued in September then they only have themselves to blame for not keeping themselves fit, how come other teams don't have this problem and surely after fourteen games they should be flying by now and into their stride for the season with the cobwebs all brushed off.

I would say forget about having a few days off as it would be rewarding mediocrity but there are four that deserve it so I would let them go as a reward for their sterling efforts - in fact I would just tell Adam Collin to meet us in Newport.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 21:03 #142 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Mush wrote:

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...


If Curle had done this you'd be going crazy!


Haha, this is part of a structured approach, all mapped out. Not a problem...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 21:05 #143 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Mush wrote: I've just read the article on the N & S, they're off until Thursday and Pressley's going to see his family! So that four days off they are getting,
if they get hammered on Saturday so should Pressley after.


Aye - talk about putting yourself into a possible situation of heavy criticism.

Saying that the players now owe him one and he will be expecting a response.

I would even say that a draw would be a decent result from a tricky fixture, that is unless we are two nil up after 75 minutes and then get knackered and concede two - then that would be taking the piss.

Oh for the life of a footballer - I used to be glad to get back to work after time off as it usually meant a week of doing odd jobs like clearing the guttering, painting etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 21:54 #144 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Back to Sorensen, seems old Shola is getting some stick!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 22:21 #145 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote:

Mush wrote:

CCU wrote: Pressley has given them a few days break as part of his ‘cycle’ of training. Think they’re due back in later in the week ready for travelling to Newport on Friday...


If Curle had done this you'd be going crazy!


Haha, this is part of a structured approach, all mapped out. Not a problem...


I think the opposite. Curle had a method to his madness while Pressley hasn't got a [censored] clue!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 23:09 - 30 Sep 2019 23:12 #146 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

munchymagic wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I can see how the two hours a day training can take its toll. I'm expecting a decent performance at Newport when they've come back refreshed. :-D

If we get humped I'll be expecting Elvis to get his P45.

Watching them Saturday ,They actually looked fatigued . Pressely is know to be massively into his fitness stats , bit sometimes you can over run player. A rest may be good for them.


If they are fatigued in September then they only have themselves to blame for not keeping themselves fit, how come other teams don't have this problem and surely after fourteen games they should be flying by now and into their stride for the season with the cobwebs all brushed off.

I would say forget about having a few days off as it would be rewarding mediocrity but there are four that deserve it so I would let them go as a reward for their sterling efforts - in fact I would just tell Adam Collin to meet us in Newport.

Muncy once again you have miss understood the basics , the players looked over run. You can do too much fitness work . You can only do so much then the body gives in.

The player didn't look unfit , from what I hear they've had the hardest fitness training the a group of our players have had in a long time.

They actually look like Pressely had trained them too hard on the Friday.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
Last edit: 30 Sep 2019 23:12 by Happyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2019 00:03 #147 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Mush wrote: I've just read the article on the N & S, they're off until Thursday and Pressley's going to see his family! So that four days off they are getting,
if they get hammered on Saturday so should Pressley after.


Hammered on Saturday? I’d say it’s odds on they’ll be hammered now.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2019 07:30 #148 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

Happyblue wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I can see how the two hours a day training can take its toll. I'm expecting a decent performance at Newport when they've come back refreshed. :-D

If we get humped I'll be expecting Elvis to get his P45.

Watching them Saturday ,They actually looked fatigued . Pressely is know to be massively into his fitness stats , bit sometimes you can over run player. A rest may be good for them.


If they are fatigued in September then they only have themselves to blame for not keeping themselves fit, how come other teams don't have this problem and surely after fourteen games they should be flying by now and into their stride for the season with the cobwebs all brushed off.

I would say forget about having a few days off as it would be rewarding mediocrity but there are four that deserve it so I would let them go as a reward for their sterling efforts - in fact I would just tell Adam Collin to meet us in Newport.

Muncy once again you have miss understood the basics , the players looked over run. You can do too much fitness work . You can only do so much then the body gives in.

The player didn't look unfit , from what I hear they've had the hardest fitness training the a group of our players have had in a long time.

They actually look like Pressely had trained them too hard on the Friday.


I think people are missing the point. The cycle of training is irrelevant if you are not very good.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: kickergold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • heilkmoon
  • heilkmoon's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
01 Oct 2019 07:55 #149 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker

CCU wrote: Back to Sorensen, seems old Shola is getting some stick!


Obviously lacks the communication and diplomacy skills of a Peter Beardsley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2019 08:08 - 01 Oct 2019 08:09 #150 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Elias Sorensen in on Loan - Striker
Couple of players on Saturday had cramp. Do you get that from too much or too little training? Or a desire to run the clock down?
Last edit: 01 Oct 2019 08:09 by Markovitch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.681 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.