Barrow.

  • topstepwhinger
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
01 Mar 2020 23:49 #51 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic Barrow.
Obviously a tea and scone rather than a lar'l growler man, which is fair enough.
Would you be happy with both Barrow and Harrogate coming up or are you just dying to visit Boreham Wood?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 23:54 #52 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Barrow.
Very happy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 23:57 #53 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Barrow.
Harrogate and Halifax would be superb...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • topstepwhinger
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
02 Mar 2020 00:04 #54 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic Barrow.
What have you against Barrow then CCU?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 00:05 #55 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Barrow.
They despise us. So it’s only right we want them to fail (I’d be surprised if they balls it up from here mind!)...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Wukkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 00:54 #56 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Barrow.

Mullen103 wrote: When you have grounds/teams like Notts County/chesterfield/Stockport/Darlington out the league and Barrow coming in FFS.

But that’s football and that’s why we love it I guess.


To be fair Barrow/Gateshead/Southport all deserve to be added to your list above as all have previous pedigree in the league :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 02:23 #57 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Barrow.
Barrow - hard to get to? It was very recent that Walsall was seen as a close team. West Cumbrian couches take 2 hours to get out of Cumbria after the pick ups.

Harrogate - easy to get to FFS compared to Barrow?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: a66blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 08:01 #58 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Barrow.

Urban Designer wrote: West Cumbrian couches take 2 hours to get out of Cumbria after the pick ups.


Two or three seater?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, ParcelPete, Molly123, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Burneside Blue
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
02 Mar 2020 08:15 #59 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Barrow.

topstepwhinger wrote: What have you against Barrow then CCU?

Same as he has against any other southern team probably.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 08:39 #60 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Barrow.

markredfox73 wrote: Are they going to put covering on the terrace behind the goal..it used to have one years ago did it or did i imagine that ?

I am sure there be no problems putting things in place should they go up,many other sides got sorted with seating etc.

2300 plus is a good gate for them,its gradually going up and im sure if they got over the line there be quite a buzz around Barrow for being back in the league..and more fans would consider going.


Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk


They were supposed to have bought the roof from Brentford not sure whether the deal went thru tho as there were a lot of clubs interested in it.

But now that they are all but promoted i.m told that other than the fan zone that's got planning permission and is definitely going ahead in the summer and they've now got confirmation of what they have to have in place to start the season in the FL everything else is on hold with a view to putting together a masterplan of what they need to do to be in a position to be compliant 3 years down the line [ capacity over 5k. with all standing areas in good condition with barriers that pass the crush tests and a minimum of 2k permanent seats]

I know they presented the conundrum of how to get a new stand built without losing the present seats during construction to a design company and from the drawings its a very clear solution that if they pulled it off would be brilliant but it has the possibility of going disastrously wrong with very serious consequences.

I would imagine that the HE Cover would go side by side with that but there are a lot of issues that they will need to overcome financially as from what I understand the million pounds that has for the last few years been available to clubs getting promoted whose grounds have not hosted FL games [since the safety of sports grounds] came into force may no longer be a given [ i believe they're waiting to hear whether the government will force the PL to continue funding FIGT at the present level ] and if it is wether 3 years later you could still get the 500k maximum grant. You need to remember the guys who now own Barrow are not rich men who will I would imagine be spending a lot of time sourcing the finance that they would need and I know they've already spoken to AH about how he gets money into Accy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 08:51 #61 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

crunchblue wrote:

CCU wrote: Harrogate are the only hope now. Come on Mark Beck!


I’m sure they’ll love having to rip out their £1million 3G pitch if they come up.


The arrangements are already in place to relocate it and building work on the infrastructure of the location has apparently already started and if they don't go up they will leave it where it is and lay a budget surface at the new location with the option of moving the stadium surface should they ever get promoted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 08:55 #62 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Barrow.
Blackpool have been knocked back on a couple of managers (Whellans at Swindon was one). I wonder if they might go for Evatt. He’d probably take it given his connection to there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 08:56 #63 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

topstepwhinger wrote: Why would anyone prefer Harrogate or indeed anyone to come up instead of Barrow. I guess it must be the excitement of a trip to Betty's
I know Barrow is a pain to get to, but surely the more Northern teams the better.


Harrogate would just be another Morecambe a good day out


A visit to Barrow would be seen as an experience similar to what a visit to Accy was/is seen as

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:03 #64 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

CCU wrote: They despise us. So it’s only right we want them to fail (I’d be surprised if they balls it up from here mind!)...


Be great to finally have a local derby with a club who actually despise and hate us
The following user(s) Liked this post:: flumeblue, franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:09 #65 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Barrow.
Workington are on the way up. We might be playing them in a couple of seasons. :-D
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, rasher13110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:10 #66 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Barrow.
I can't see why anybody would have anything against Barrow to be honest.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:19 #67 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

nobbyblue wrote: Blackpool have been knocked back on a couple of managers (Whellans at Swindon was one). I wonder if they might go for Evatt. He’d probably take it given his connection to there.


Their MD has already told both Evatt and Barrow that he.s not being considered because they are looking for a manager with a lot more experience than he has.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:26 #68 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Barrow.
Neil Critchley 1/4 with Paddy Power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 10:04 #69 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

nobbyblue wrote: Neil Critchley 1/4 with Paddy Power.


Jones is on gardening leave from Stoke on full wages he's trying to negotiate an exit that won't cost him a fortune because money-wise he could just sit out the rest of his contract their but in the long term that's not going to help his career so i guess hes trying to come to a happy medium and if he manages it the Lashers job is his.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 10:32 #70 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Barrow.
Critchley confirmed:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 12:47 #71 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

CCU wrote: Critchley confirmed:


Ah well, I bet that will now piss Evatt off after what they said last week Might mean he.ll end up at BP eventually after all.

That Critchey must be mad to give that job up for 6 months at the Lashers if he doesn't get them back up and into the playoffs. Don't forget when the appointed him 6 months ago that a lot of their fans thought Grayson was God.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2020 07:25 #72 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Barrow.

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Blackpool have been knocked back on a couple of managers (Whellans at Swindon was one). I wonder if they might go for Evatt. He’d probably take it given his connection to there.


Their MD has already told both Evatt and Barrow that he.s not being considered because they are looking for a manager with a lot more experience than he has.


That was obviously bollocks! :-D
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2020 08:00 #73 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

nobbyblue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: Blackpool have been knocked back on a couple of managers (Whellans at Swindon was one). I wonder if they might go for Evatt. He’d probably take it given his connection to there.


Their MD has already told both Evatt and Barrow that he.s not being considered because they are looking for a manager with a lot more experience than he has.


That was obviously bollocks! :-D


Not if you mean the bit about him being told it wasn't

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/footbal...rrow-boss-ian-evatt-

But if you mean that they've gone back on their statement that they wanted a manager with 200+ league game experience then yes it was as I commented yesterday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:16 #74 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Barrow.
The wheels have fell off
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:31 #75 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Barrow.

crunchblue wrote: The wheels have fell off


I don't think they have. They had one of those days today that every championship-winning teams have once or twice a season.

I saw Notts County at Fylde in the week and they are flying so today's Barrow result came as no surprise to me and my money is on them being the club that will go up thru the playoffs and I actually think jolts like this won't do Barrow any harm what so ever. Quigley missing the next 3 games would be much more of a worry if I was Ian Evatt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:38 #76 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic Barrow.

crunchblue wrote: The wheels have fell off


Let's hope so. Fingers crossed. :-)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Zebby, Dancingbear, ROOSTER, rasher13110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:47 #77 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Barrow.

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

crunchblue wrote: The wheels have fell off


I don't think they have. They had one of those days today that every championship-winning teams have once or twice a season.

I saw Notts County at Fylde in the week and they are flying so today's Barrow result came as no surprise to me and my money is on them being the club that will go up thru the playoffs and I actually think jolts like this won't do Barrow any harm what so ever. Quigley missing the next 3 games would be much more of a worry if I was Ian Evatt


I watched them on BT a couple of weeks back. They flogged a 2-0 lead and looked like a weak team of bottlers. If Harrogate reduce the gap to 2 I expect Barrow will really go into choke mode over the next few games.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:57 #78 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Barrow.
Rooney missed a pen first half then Quigley was sent off, RC said it was just one of those days. Harrogate Barrow has been rearranged to a midweek now.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:21 #79 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Barrow.
Barrow got 3,307 today - probably a few Notts County fans.

Sometime this seas on they will get a bigger crowd than us - only 3,769 on Brunton Park today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:53 #80 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Barrow.

crunchblue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

crunchblue wrote: The wheels have fell off


I don't think they have. They had one of those days today that every championship-winning teams have once or twice a season.

I saw Notts County at Fylde in the week and they are flying so today's Barrow result came as no surprise to me and my money is on them being the club that will go up thru the playoffs and I actually think jolts like this won't do Barrow any harm what so ever. Quigley missing the next 3 games would be much more of a worry if I was Ian Evatt


I watched them on BT a couple of weeks back. They flogged a 2-0 lead and looked like a weak team of bottlers. If Harrogate reduce the gap to 2 I expect Barrow will really go into choke mode over the next few games.


Straight red for Quigley will be next 3 games out, Kay got his 10th booking too apparently so he’ll miss the next 2 games.

England ‘C’ call-ups for Kay, Brough and Hardcastle will disrupt them too.

Tough little run coming up - Wrexham battling to stay up, Barnet and Stockport going for Play-Offs, then the big one at Harrogate...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:23 #81 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Barrow.
Late Bromley equaliser very useful for Barrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.