Directors today...

More
17 Oct 2019 07:51 #201 by Ibogaine
Replied by Ibogaine on topic Directors today...

bryson wrote: you are without doubt the biggest muppet ive had the misfortune to come across on any forum

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: There is no early fix?

So you'd take over and as far as the actual football goes - you'd do absolutely nothing.

Genius.

All of the rest of the guff you're spouting would be entirely futile, the product should be your primary concern.


What you on about? He’s the greatest wind up merchant our fair county has ever produced. Sit back and admire his work.

Apart from maybe Sir Lapp himself that is. Who’s only hinted that he might, potentially, consider thinking about a new bid at some point in the future, maybe, and got half the board in raptures of ecstasy

Messageboarder of the Year 2016
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Mush, bryson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 09:20 #202 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Directors today...

Ibogaine wrote:

bryson wrote: you are without doubt the biggest muppet ive had the misfortune to come across on any forum

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: There is no early fix?

So you'd take over and as far as the actual football goes - you'd do absolutely nothing.

Genius.

All of the rest of the guff you're spouting would be entirely futile, the product should be your primary concern.


What you on about? He’s the greatest wind up merchant our fair county has ever produced. Sit back and admire his work.

Apart from maybe Sir Lapp himself that is. Who’s only hinted that he might, potentially, consider thinking about a new bid at some point in the future, maybe, and got half the board in raptures of ecstasy


Don't think that was his fault, said at the start everything would need to be wiped clean and there is little to no chance of that. Folk got abit carried away.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 09:55 #203 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Directors today...
Especially unlikely after Holdsworths claims that everything is going well on radio the other night.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
19 Oct 2019 17:22 #204 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic Directors today...
Our directors sat in with home fans today, as there is no proper press box at Plymouth.

Must have not fancied sitting with there own away fans, after they've travelled the entire length of the country.

Story used to regularly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:26 #205 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

paddockite wrote: Our directors sat in with home fans today, as there is no proper press box at Plymouth.

Must have not fancied sitting with there own away fans, after they've travelled the entire length of the country.

Story used to regularly.


Who made the decision? Did Plymouth say they had to sit there or did the directors themselves decide? If the BOD were told they had to sit there then that's not their fault but if they decided to sit with the opposing team fans rather than their own then questions need to be asked. There could well be an innocent explanation but right now the BOD's actions in the last couple of matches have suggested they view fans with contempt. They should address these concerns, and CUOSC as the so called voice of the fans should be holding them to account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
19 Oct 2019 17:31 - 19 Oct 2019 17:33 #206 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic Directors today...
Just corrected a bit there for you Kessler.


"There could well be an innocent explanation but right now the BOD's actions in the last seven or eight years have suggested they view fans with contempt."
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 17:33 by thetashkentterror.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:36 #207 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Directors today...
As I said in the Match Thread, it’ll simply be for access to the HT tea and biscuits...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:36 #208 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Directors today...
Does it matter where they sit guys?It doesn’t influence anything and I’m sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I think your energy should be focussed on the state of the club, not the seating habits
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:48 #209 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Directors today...

Laffy wrote: Does it matter where they sit guys?It doesn’t influence anything and I’m sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I think your energy should be focussed on the state of the club, not the seating habits


There probably is a reasonable explanation, been told to sit there, but it doesn’t look good.

Not once have I seen them in the away end and they’ve even refused it on occasions. As much I as don’t personally like story, he did go in the away end on many occasion even in the poor run, after the play off season.

It’s not a big thing but the supporters travelling today seeing them in there will poss them off more - come and talk/sit with your supporters especially the dedicated ones today.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:54 #210 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Directors today...
Who [censored] cares where they sit? Somewhere a long way from any football ground would obviously be preferable but there’s no story in them sitting in the home end today.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 17:57 #211 by nomadblue2
Replied by nomadblue2 on topic Directors today...
Whether they could of sat with us or not its a disgrace they didnt. Its a no brainer. If there with us they should sit/stand with Carlisle United. Time to go along with Pressley and his lack of vision/tactics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 18:04 #212 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Directors today...

Dancingbear wrote: Who [censored] cares where they sit? Somewhere a long way from any football ground would obviously be preferable but there’s no story in them sitting in the home end today.


Maybe we need a bit of story in them - someone with an idea and competent unlike those idiots we have now.

I really can’t believe I’m defending Story here, can’t stand him, but it was far far far better than the shite now.

I tend to agree really - let them sit on the [censored] moon, in fact many galaxies away!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 18:05 #213 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Directors today...
I think the priority should be their removal-and as a consequence their seating plan becomes irrelevant
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier, Arragorn, Wukkie, triskelionblue, crunchblue and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 18:27 #214 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Directors today...

Laffy wrote: I think the priority should be their removal-and as a consequence their seating plan becomes irrelevant


Yeah agree!

If you were successful, would you keep any of the “non ownership” directors - the lot should go really but I’d maybe keep Kidd in some role.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 20:06 #215 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Directors today...

Dancingbear wrote: Who [censored] cares where they sit? Somewhere a long way from any football ground would obviously be preferable but there’s no story in them sitting in the home end today.


They were with the Plymouth Directors...so completely appropriate...as said a non story

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 20:26 #216 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Directors today...
Total clearout save for Suzanne.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 20:33 #217 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Directors today...
She should go as well. You would think it was her money she was paying out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 20:40 #218 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Directors today...
The only one who didn’t put the boot in-the only one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 21:41 - 19 Oct 2019 21:48 #219 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Directors today...
This is getting silly from folk who haven't thought things through.
The directors, home and away, were in an area in the corner of the ground. There was a steward at the end of the row looking after this temporary area. it was the designated area in the ground for directors of both clubs.

Every football League ground has a designated area for directors it's in the rules, and directors are expected to use it unless in prearranged circumstances and at their own risk.

Before the match I asked the where our dirctors would be (I needed photos) and was told they would be in that area, I said, ooh they won't like the view from the corner and was told tough, that's where they go, all teams are the same., all directors are there til the new stand is finished.

So except for unusual circumstances the directors are always in the home end when we are away. The same as away directors are in our home end a Brunton Park.
I am as fed up and angry as the next person. I would love to have a face to face chat with out dirctors right now and ask what the hell is happening to our club, but all this dirctors insulting fans by sitting in the home end is a no story,

. . . My spelling is rub bish, sorry but still traveling and still have the diversion off the M6 to face, can 't be bothered to tidy it up.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 21:48 by Bumble.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 21:56 #220 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Directors today...
On a lighter note Bumble, just watched a film called American Woman.What a sensational film.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 22:34 - 19 Oct 2019 22:37 #221 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

Bumble wrote: This is getting silly from folk who haven't thought things through.
The directors, home and away, were in an area in the corner of the ground. There was a steward at the end of the row looking after this temporary area. it was the designated area in the ground for directors of both clubs.

Every football League ground has a designated area for directors it's in the rules, and directors are expected to use it unless in prearranged circumstances and at their own risk.

Before the match I asked the where our dirctors would be (I needed photos) and was told they would be in that area, I said, ooh they won't like the view from the corner and was told tough, that's where they go, all teams are the same., all directors are there til the new stand is finished.

So except for unusual circumstances the directors are always in the home end when we are away. The same as away directors are in our home end a Brunton Park.
I am as fed up and angry as the next person. I would love to have a face to face chat with out dirctors right now and ask what the hell is happening to our club, but all this dirctors insulting fans by sitting in the home end is a no story,

. . . My spelling is rub bish, sorry but still traveling and still have the diversion off the M6 to face, can 't be bothered to tidy it up.


That's absolutely fine then, if there was a proper reason which it seems there was here. I think the directors need to realize how situations like this might look. A lot of fans right now feel the BOD treat them with contempt, and particularly after last week where Nixon apparently smirked at fans for criticizing, it looked quite bad that the BOD were sitting with the other teams fans. As it turns out this wasn't their choice and there was a valid reason, but if you are disrespectful towards your fans then you can't blame them for thinking the worst. My advice to the BOD is to make a serious effort at engaging with fans, don't take criticism personally. We are supposed to be on the same side.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 22:37 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 22:41 #222 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Directors today...

Laffy wrote: Total clearout save for Suzanne.


Aye rightio??????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 22:53 #223 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Directors today...

Kessler wrote:

Bumble wrote: This is getting silly from folk who haven't thought things through.
The directors, home and away, were in an area in the corner of the ground. There was a steward at the end of the row looking after this temporary area. it was the designated area in the ground for directors of both clubs.

Every football League ground has a designated area for directors it's in the rules, and directors are expected to use it unless in prearranged circumstances and at their own risk.

Before the match I asked the where our dirctors would be (I needed photos) and was told they would be in that area, I said, ooh they won't like the view from the corner and was told tough, that's where they go, all teams are the same., all directors are there til the new stand is finished.

So except for unusual circumstances the directors are always in the home end when we are away. The same as away directors are in our home end a Brunton Park.
I am as fed up and angry as the next person. I would love to have a face to face chat with out dirctors right now and ask what the hell is happening to our club, but all this dirctors insulting fans by sitting in the home end is a no story,

. . . My spelling is rub bish, sorry but still traveling and still have the diversion off the M6 to face, can 't be bothered to tidy it up.


That's absolutely fine then, if there was a proper reason which it seems there was here. I think the directors need to realize how situations like this might look. A lot of fans right now feel the BOD treat them with contempt, and particularly after last week where Nixon apparently smirked at fans for criticizing, it looked quite bad that the BOD were sitting with the other teams fans. As it turns out this wasn't their choice and there was a valid reason, but if you are disrespectful towards your fans then you can't blame them for thinking the worst. My advice to the BOD is to make a serious effort at engaging with fans, don't take criticism personally. We are supposed to be on the same side.


Think Nixon might have been embarrassed last week as he had the new EFL boss as the club's guest.....dont ask me why!

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 23:08 - 19 Oct 2019 23:10 #224 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Directors today...

Bumble wrote: This is getting silly from folk who haven't thought things through.
The directors, home and away, were in an area in the corner of the ground. There was a steward at the end of the row looking after this temporary area. it was the designated area in the ground for directors of both clubs.

Every football League ground has a designated area for directors it's in the rules, and directors are expected to use it unless in prearranged circumstances and at their own risk.

Before the match I asked the where our dirctors would be (I needed photos) and was told they would be in that area, I said, ooh they won't like the view from the corner and was told tough, that's where they go, all teams are the same., all directors are there til the new stand is finished.

So except for unusual circumstances the directors are always in the home end when we are away. The same as away directors are in our home end a Brunton Park.
I am as fed up and angry as the next person. I would love to have a face to face chat with out dirctors right now and ask what the hell is happening to our club, but all this dirctors insulting fans by sitting in the home end is a no story,

. . . My spelling is rub bish, sorry but still traveling and still have the diversion off the M6 to face, can 't be bothered to tidy it up.


I think that’s fair enough, I think a lot of people had misinterpreted it that they had gone there themselves.

It’s more an act of frustration that the board especially the owners don’t communicate with the supporters and treat them with contempt, seeing that obviously pissed me and others off. At Newport/Barnet (one of the two bad memory) a couple of seasons ago I heard loud and clear that AJ, JN and SP were not wanting to sit or go through our supporters, I mentioned at the time. Their prerogative though but I thought it was really bad.

The clubs in a bad way and people will look for anything, this wasn’t it, but they don’t help themselves. I’m sure though if you ask them for a meeting they’d give you one.

Plymouth’s a bloody long way, especially in a day. The supporters deserve so so so much more and respect to all and yourself for going. I’d never do it again, we actually got there half an hour before kick off from 5am start when i went. Safe rest of journey.

At least we’re not Stockport
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 23:10 by Mullen103.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 00:27 #225 by GingerBalls
Replied by GingerBalls on topic Directors today...
If James [censored] Philips had said nowt then we would be none the wiser. Reading through this it's pretty obvious that every away visiting team of directors end up sitting in the "Home end", as it is close to the facilities that they tend to be welcome to. It might not be a directors box like we have, but surely you sit where yer told!!?
Missing this away game has at least reminded me I shouldn't miss another in a hurry...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 00:37 - 20 Oct 2019 00:40 #226 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Directors today...
I wasn't aware that there was a rule that the directors must sit in any designated area. Surely they are free to sit/stand wherever they like. Why should it be otherwise?

Clearly our directors didn't want to sit with our fans. They had the option but decided against it..

However it suggests that they were expecting a poor performance and a negative result. In that sense they were correct in their choice.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2019 00:40 by Bluedazblue. Reason: Grammar.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 01:00 #227 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic Directors today...
Both JC and Story used to sit in with the fans.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 01:15 #228 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Directors today...

Bluedazblue wrote: I wasn't aware that there was a rule that the directors must sit in any designated area. Surely they are free to sit/stand wherever they like. Why should it be otherwise?

Clearly our directors didn't want to sit with our fans. They had the option but decided against it..

However it suggests that they were expecting a poor performance and a negative result. In that sense they were correct in their choice.


I can promise you when away directors arrive at a football ground, they aren't asked where they would like to sit.

Football clubs have to have a designated area set aside for directors (home and away). Plymouth at the moment have made a temporary area designated for both home and away directors. That section has it's own steward and the away directors will be escorted to that row of seats.

If any one of them had wanted to sit with the fans they would haqve had to buy a ticket for the fans section like any other traveling fan. If they go on the list as directors, the list will have been compiled at Brunton Park and sent to Plymouth, so Plymouth know how many Carlisle directors to expect, then they sit in the directors box/area. Thats the same for any teams directors traveling to an away game, really don't see the issue here.

Got home about 12.30, bedtime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 01:26 #229 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic Directors today...

High Street wrote: Both JC and Story used to sit in with the fans.


They did as I remember with fondness JC was a law unto himself, he enjoyed being in with the fans but he would make an appearance in the board room and explain he was going to be with the fans, and also make sure there were other directors representing the club in the board room because he felt that was important and he certainly didn't go in with the fans every time. Story only went in with the fans a very few times and these, to my knowledge were prearranged, like when he travelled with the west coasters.

Anyways, a storm in a teacup, bedtime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 07:51 #230 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Directors today...
Bumble, what was the consensus of opinion of the fans on the bus regarding the performance. Good or bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 08:33 #231 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

Bumble wrote: Anyways, a storm in a teacup, bedtime.


It's the lack of communication that's the problem. When you see your own BOD sit among the other teams fans it looks bad and if they can't even be arsed to clarify they didn't have a choice or explain things, you can't blame fans for assuming this is yet again another example of the BOD's antagonistic behaviour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 08:51 #232 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Directors today...
Let’s look at it another way. If I’d travelled all the way to Plymouth and John Nixon plonked himself down next to me I don’t think I’d be very happy.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby, nobbyblue, Wukkie, Flatcap, triskelionblue and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 08:52 #233 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Directors today...

Bluedazblue wrote: I wasn't aware that there was a rule that the directors must sit in any designated area. Surely they are free to sit/stand wherever they like. Why should it be otherwise?

Clearly our directors didn't want to sit with our fans. They had the option but decided against it..

However it suggests that they were expecting a poor performance and a negative result. In that sense they were correct in their choice.


Directors are guests of the Home team

They sit, generally , in the "Directors Box"

Plymouth are having ground works done it seems

An area is obviously designated for Home and Away Directors ,where they sat

Why would they communicate this fact to travelling fans

Wouldn't expect visiting teams to BP directors sitting in the East Stand

Why is this thread still going on this subject

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Zebby, Dancingbear, High Street

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 09:05 #234 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

seesaw50 wrote: Why would they communicate this fact to travelling fans


Because something like that could be interpreted the wrong way so surely they would want to let people know what was going on. Fans have said over and over there is a disappointing lack of communication.

seesaw50 wrote: Why is this thread still going on this subject


Because even though there turned out to be an innocent explanation for this, the BOD general attitude towards fans is questionable at best. This thread was originally about John Nixons behaviour last week, he apparently smirked at fans who criticized the directors. Is that kind of behaviour acceptable? People are saying there might be an innocent explanation for that too, but if so why hasn't the club clarified that? If fans see a director smirking at them one week, and then sitting with the other teams fans the next week, that looks bad. If there are innocent explanations, then fine but the club really needs to communicate that.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 01:46 #235 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic Directors today...
Nixon smirking is his default face.
Last time l was having a go at that bunch of tosses, from the paddock, some old guy in the box leant over and said stop swearing.
I’ve never felt so inclined to punch someone square in the face. Don’t know who he was, must be a hanger on of one one of the Petulant Pensioners.
Of course, the only possible response to that was ‘[censored] off’

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 08:03 #236 by Moylesey
Replied by Moylesey on topic Directors today...
It’s not about Plymouth’s arrangements though is it? It’s about the directors getting themselves into a position where they can’t or won’t sit with their own fans because the relationship has broken down to such an extent that both parties acknowledge it would be openly hostile.

While this is the accepted status quo the relationship will remain as bad as it is now. Directors either don’t know or don’t care that their relationship with and their perception from fans might be important and something they need to work on. Until they do they’ll ‘sing on their own’.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
21 Oct 2019 08:31 #237 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic Directors today...
The general consensus is that lines of communication between the BOD and supporters are,and have been, for years non-existant. They know they've ruined the club and don't know how to solve the problems. They should admit defeat,sell up and give someone else the chance to save our club.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: triskelionblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 08:53 - 21 Oct 2019 09:04 #238 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

Moylesey wrote: It’s not about Plymouth’s arrangements though is it? It’s about the directors getting themselves into a position where they can’t or won’t sit with their own fans because the relationship has broken down to such an extent that both parties acknowledge it would be openly hostile.


This is the kind of issue that CUOSC should be an in ideal position to address. If a random fan complains then he might be ignored because that fan by himself has no real say or influence. The whole point of CUOSC is supposed to be that they are fans of the club who also have seats on the board so they have a bit more power and influence to actually hold the directors to account and ensure they listen to fans concerns. So when there is a breakdown in that relationship between fans and directors surely CUOSC should be perfectly places to use their unique position to demand answers on behalf of fans?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 09:04 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 09:20 - 21 Oct 2019 09:22 #239 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Directors today...
The Trust representatives are mates of Jenkins and Co so they won't be rocking the boat they're sitting in.

Might get their perks revoked.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 09:22 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 09:27 - 21 Oct 2019 09:28 #240 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Directors today...
I dont even think CUOSC can improve the relationship because they are held in contempt as well. This state of affairs goes back a long way due to let's say "un diplomatic " statements by members of the BOD which people remember and can't let them forget. Any attempts to engage with fans at forums have usually ended in more criticism of SP JN and also AJ because they are ill equipped to speak cohesively and sensitively to questions they see as criticism. Let's face it they are old school, ordinary men with money...and they've been there too long

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 09:28 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 09:48 - 21 Oct 2019 09:56 #241 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

seesaw50 wrote: Any attempts to engage with fans at forums have usually ended in more criticism of SP JN and also AJ because they are ill equipped to speak cohesively and sensitively to questions they see as criticism. Let's face it they are old school, ordinary men with money...and they've been there too long


Well they need to work on not taking criticism personally. I've seen some people just scream and swear at the directors and I can understand why they would take that personally and refuse to engage or listen to fans who do that. But they seem to take all criticism personally, even when people are being perfectly civil when giving criticism. The lack of any real communication also makes them look bad even when something legitimately isn't their fault. For example at the Plymouth game many of us thought they had chosen to avoid sitting with their own fans but it now seems that Plymouth told them where they had to sit. They could easily have tweeted to let us know what was happening but because they didn't, we were left to draw our own conclusions. And seeing directors sit with fans of the opposing team undeniably looks very bad without the full context.

It seems like every week I hear another story about a fan who has decided to just call it quits because of the BOD. It truly is the death by a thousand cuts, one or two fans here and another couple there and because it's such small numbers you don't really notice it but over time it does add up. The BOD are pushing more and more fans away and don't seem to care about addressing that problem so it will probably just continue. What happens when home attendances are 2,500? What about 2,000? Will they finally accept that their running of the club is what is killing it and driving people away, or will JN still say that "real" fans should come no matter what?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 09:56 by Kessler.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 09:57 #242 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Directors today...

seesaw50 wrote: Let's face it they are old school, ordinary men with money...and they've been there too long


Would say that only applies to AJ...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:02 #243 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic Directors today...

Bumble wrote:

Bluedazblue wrote: I wasn't aware that there was a rule that the directors must sit in any designated area. Surely they are free to sit/stand wherever they like. Why should it be otherwise?

Clearly our directors didn't want to sit with our fans. They had the option but decided against it..

However it suggests that they were expecting a poor performance and a negative result. In that sense they were correct in their choice.


I can promise you when away directors arrive at a football ground, they aren't asked where they would like to sit.

Football clubs have to have a designated area set aside for directors (home and away). Plymouth at the moment have made a temporary area designated for both home and away directors. That section has it's own steward and the away directors will be escorted to that row of seats.

If any one of them had wanted to sit with the fans they would haqve had to buy a ticket for the fans section like any other traveling fan. If they go on the list as directors, the list will have been compiled at Brunton Park and sent to Plymouth, so Plymouth know how many Carlisle directors to expect, then they sit in the directors box/area. Thats the same for any teams directors traveling to an away game, really don't see the issue here.

Got home about 12.30, bedtime.



"If any one of them had wanted to sit with the fans they would haqve had to buy a ticket for the fans section like any other traveling fan."

I guess splashing out anymore than the GBP1 they paid for the club would be too much?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:07 #244 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Directors today...
I'd have been much more surprised if they had sat with our fans tbh.

Not exactly renowned for fronting up and being approachable, are they?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:34 - 21 Oct 2019 11:43 #245 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Directors today...

heilkmoon wrote: I'd have been much more surprised if they had sat with our fans tbh.

Not exactly renowned for fronting up and being approachable, are they?


I think CUOSC should be asking the directors why we were kept in the dark about the seating arrangements. Either they weren't aware how bad it could make them look, or they just didn't care. If it's the first one then it should be straightforward to address, letting them know they need to communicate more and make us aware of these things. If it's the second one then that's more concerning. I also think CUOSC should invite John Nixon to issue a statement clarifying why he smirked at fans at the Crewe match. If there was an innocent explanation then let's hear it. But as directors you can't say you want to engage with the fans, and then refuse to explain why a director smirks at fans when they criticize. We deserve an explanation. CUOSC need to be asking these difficult questions because that's the whole point of the Trust. If they won't ask the difficult questions and hold the board accountable, then they are not adequately carrying out their responsibilities and they must consider their own positions.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 11:43 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:53 #246 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Directors today...
Folk still going on about this?!

Only at Carlisle...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ParcelPete, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 11:58 #247 by borderterrier
Replied by borderterrier on topic Directors today...
Let’s be fair about this. I dislike the directors as much as anyone else but I wouldn’t go in the lions den if they hadn’t been fed. Does anyone really expect them to sit with “ our fans”. They know just how people think about them. They know only too well the stick they would receive so in all fairness I’m not at all surprised they don’t fancy the prospect of sitting among there on fans.

It is my belief that CUFC is owned and run by CLUBKILLERS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 12:00 #248 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Directors today...

CCU wrote: Folk still going on about this?!

Only at Carlisle...


Where do you sit at cusg meetings?

Do you sit with the club and trust or away from them?

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 12:15 #249 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic Directors today...
He sits on Simons knee :-)

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 12:25 #250 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Directors today...

melbourneblues wrote: He sits on Simons knee :-)


Only because mouldy has bagsied Nigel’s ;)

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.