December 2019 General Election Thread

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 12:40 - 30 Oct 2019 12:41 #51 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

pacirv wrote: If people consider Boris and his right wing cronies or Farage as the best bet to run this country then god help us all. Hope you can all afford to pay for private medical care.
After the last few years of Tory rule given what they have achieved or more to the point failed to achieve it beggars belief that anyone would wish to give them another five years in office to finish off the destruction of our once proud country. Not a fan of Corbyn but really it is time for change. It should be about policies not people.


To be fair, it has been a difficult time for the UK since the referendum.

However, you must remember the Tories inherited a bloody mess left by the previous Labour administration, and austerity was the only way forward to bring a bankrupt Country back from the abyss.

Today we have the lowest unemployment ever, wages increasing ahead of inflation and if Bojo delivers, great plans for investment in the NHS, Police and Education. Since it's conception the NHS has spent over half it's life under Tory administration.

The alternative is Jezza, McDonell, Abbott, Thornbury, Hayman etal, who could not run a hot-dog van.

There plans are to Nationalise this, that and the other, abolish Student Loans, tax anything taxable including gardens, 4 day working week, abolish private schools, get rid of Ofsted, increase income and corporation tax, and scrap prescription charges, all of which leaves a massive black hole between the cost and revenue generated.

I'm not a Boris fan, however an alternative is not available at the moment, and voting for a terrorist sympathiser would never happen.
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 12:41 by thesilentone.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, cufcaussiebranch, CarlisleWhite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 12:53 #52 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

thesilentone wrote: ... austerity was the only way forward to bring a bankrupt Country back from the abyss...


You'll need to show your working out on that one, especially given other countries invested their way out of recession with new infrastructure and performed better as a result


www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/by-g...xperiment-didnt-work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 12:54 #53 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Whiteside wrote: Daily mail reporting the Tories are battling for the vote of 'workington man' ,white older men in leave backing constituencies. This could get very embarrassing for us out west as the local numpties will start to
get interviewed on sky news.,also we will have the pleasure of listening to the narcissistic Tory boy Jenkinson who after switching allegiance a few times ,stopped the new stadium being built and now manipulated his way to be the conservative candidate


The thought of him being the local MP has definitely meant I’ll be voting labour.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 13:08 #54 by GingerBalls
Replied by GingerBalls on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

pacirv wrote: If people consider Boris and his right wing cronies or Farage as the best bet to run this country then god help us all. Hope you can all afford to pay for private medical care.
After the last few years of Tory rule given what they have achieved or more to the point failed to achieve it beggars belief that anyone would wish to give them another five years in office to finish off the destruction of our once proud country. Not a fan of Corbyn but really it is time for change. It should be about policies not people.

Not a fan of the Tory party, but I am a fan of Boris. I can see enough change occuring under him to give them my vote. Corbyn has ruined the labour party, I could never vote for them under him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 13:16 #55 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
What is it about Boris that impresses you? His constant backstabbing of allies and colleagues (cameron, may, DUP), his ability to piss other people's money away on ego-trips (garden bridge, water cannons), his fraudulent acquisition of public funds for his bits of skirt (arcuri), his lack of conviction on issues he's claimed he will die for (lie down in front of heathrow diggers, would rather die in a ditch) or his just plain lying (proroguing parliament, sacked from the times)?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Chilledsilly, Arragorn, HuntingHorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 13:40 - 30 Oct 2019 13:41 #56 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Boris is like a bull in a china shop, however he is also a 'doer' and gets on with it.

He appears to be 100% British Patriot and demonstrates a fighting spirit in the interests of the UK.

For all his failings, balance that against the opposition. Where is the conviction and energy ?

In his roll as London mayor, he left a massive cash surplus despite heavy investment.

Boris's greatest enemy is Boris..........(or maybe Marko)
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 13:41 by thesilentone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 13:54 - 30 Oct 2019 13:55 #57 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
I think Gingerballs is right, Boris is at least likely to get things done, in who's best interests though is debatable.
The issue with Boris is he doesn't even realise or care when he's told whopping great lies...even when caught out he just shrugs it off with literally no shame.

I rely heavily on the NHS to live, the recent Ch4 Dispatches revelation that we are talking to US Drug companies secretly about the NHS and where it gets its medicines from is terrifying.
I believe that Boris wouldn't take much persuading to offer the whole organisation on a silver plate to them, then shrug his shoulders and ruffle his hair before slinking off into a corner somewhere...he just isn't trustworthy.

People think the US insurance system means you pay like a car policy here, it really isn't.
Most companies give you a figure they'll pay out from, so you have to agree to spending £4,000 of your own cash to then start claiming all your health expenses back after that.
Not everything is covered either, pre-existing conditions can make it impossible to find cover too.

At the moment Insulin manufacturers and Insurers have a scam going that exploits a grey area in US law, they're effectively increasing the cost of Insulin by 3000% from its manufacture cost in order to split the profit 50/50 so a $30 vial of insulin costs $900 each and the insurer takes $420 while the manufacturer takes the remainder....the cost of making it and the formula to do so hasn't changed in 30 years!
It's a hell of a world to live in...unless you earn a good wage.
I don't fancy paying £800 per vial of insulin like friends in the USA are having to...I'd be dead in a few months once they'd wiped my savings out.

You simply can't trust Boris and his pal Donald not to do this over here at the earliest opportunity. At least I can't.

He also left a "Big Cash Surplus" because he closed a lot of useful services to do so!!!

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 13:55 by HuntingHorn. Reason: Add last point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 14:07 #58 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Silent one appreciate what your saying but the mess back when labour were in power was largely caused by the banks. The Tories May have brought in austerity but as far as I’m aware the countries borrowing and debt has got worse not better. As for the promises of future spending I’m not sure how anyone can still fall for the lies that are coming out of Boris’s mouth. Ask anyone who has anything to do with the NHS and you May learn the truth of what is happening. Tories are very good at picking on the weakest of our society ask the over 75s about that a further five years of Tory rule will see them hit them with more cuts the likes of free bus passes and winter fuel allowance are on their hit list. But as already said the biggest hit will be the creeping in of insurance back health care and extortionate charges for vital drugs ala a deal with our new friendly US trading partner.
The Tories are also the only party still backing fracking the obscene and dangerous practice from whom the only benefactor is the greedy energy companies.
Rant over don’t get me wrong I’m not sure any of the parties are truly worth our backing but the Tories scare me a heck of a lot more than any European Parliament.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Chilledsilly, HuntingHorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 14:41 #59 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
We already buy shed-loads of drugs for the NHS from the Yanks, either directly or via EU Companies owned by Yanks.

Anything other than a NHS that is free, is political suicide, and even Bojo wouldn't touch it.

But, we must accept the NHS must change the way it's funded if we are going to continue to live longer, whoever is in power.

A large percentage of the population eat a poor diet, get little exercise and end up with heart disease, obesity and diabetes, on top of this add smoking, alcohol and drug abuse. Pop down to the Doctors, visit to A&E, a few stents or a lifetime prescription and off we go again. Many of these cases would have been dead 30 years ago.

Cancer now affects 1 in 4 many are older people, this will get worse, however the NHS treatment is improving life expectancy and reducing death rates, all at massive cost.

Improvements in treatment and medication will get better in future, so the current funding system is not sustainable as the population grows.

None of the solutions are palatable, because it is cost to us all via taxes.

Or, a massive lifestyle change to a healthier diet, no smoking, less alcohol, more exercise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 15:22 #60 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Would be good if there was a credible central party that could attract people whose only rationale for who they're going to vote for it "you'd be crazy to vote for <Labour/Conservatives>.

Vote for anyone other than the main two and you're pretty much wasting your vote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 15:39 #61 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

sirjimmyglass wrote: Would be good if there was a credible central party that could attract people whose only rationale for who they're going to vote for it "you'd be crazy to vote for <Labour/Conservatives>.

Vote for anyone other than the main two and you're pretty much wasting your vote.


With that kind of logic we're all [censored].
Doomed to keep repeating the same mistakes.
If only the average Brit had the brain to read and choose the manifesto that speaks loudest to them and vote for it.

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 16:06 #62 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Does anybody have any hard evidence of these NHS stories, or over 75 killers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 16:22 #63 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

High Street wrote: Does anybody have any hard evidence of these NHS stories, or over 75 killers?



Do you mean this ? www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2994291...-different-name.html

Personally, I think we should all be euthanised at 85.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 16:38 - 30 Oct 2019 16:44 #64 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

orfc wrote:

thesilentone wrote: ... austerity was the only way forward to bring a bankrupt Country back from the abyss...


You'll need to show your working out on that one, especially given other countries invested their way out of recession with new infrastructure and performed better as a result


www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/by-g...xperiment-didnt-work


Sorry but that article is a load of bunkum, we were nothing like Greece and did not need a bailout, unlike Ireland, and where did they get the money from ?

To invest you need loot, we had none, or you need to borrow, for that you need credibility and our credit rating had been downgraded due to the Labour Policies that put us in the mess in the first place.

We couldn't even use our Gold reserves as collateral as Brown has p'd them up the wall for next to nowt..

From your article:

"O.K., a committed Austerian might respond, that doesn’t sound very good. But if the Chancellor has succeeded in putting the finances of the U.K. government in order, and prevented Blighty from turning into Greece, the sacrifices might well have been worth it. And, in fact, Osborne has pushed this very line. “The hard work of the British people is paying off, and we are not going to squander their efforts,” he said in his Commons speech."


........and I suppose John Cassidy the writer is not biased: www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/why-socialism-is-back
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 16:44 by thesilentone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 16:49 #65 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Does anyone believe Boris' spending announcements? 40 hospitals for example - they've only actually committed to 3 haven't they? Also there'll need to be substantial public spending no doubt to counter the adverse effects of leaving the EU since leave means leave whatever the consequences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 16:58 #66 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Just think what the annual £9.8bn net payment to EU can be used for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 17:09 #67 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

AlbertRoss wrote: Does anyone believe Boris' spending announcements? 40 hospitals for example - they've only actually committed to 3 haven't they? Also there'll need to be substantial public spending no doubt to counter the adverse effects of leaving the EU since leave means leave whatever the consequences.



3 more than Labour are going to build...........
The following user(s) Liked this post:: AlbertRoss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ExiledJock
  • ExiledJock's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
30 Oct 2019 17:12 #68 by ExiledJock
Replied by ExiledJock on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
We'll presumably need it to offset the shrink in GDP that every forecast is predicting post-Brexit.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: AlbertRoss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 17:33 #69 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Quite ironic that remainers and environmentalists are generally the same group.

Why would you want a growing GDP if you also want to save the planet? Resources are finite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 17:35 #70 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
As pointed out, Labour haven’t even looked at what they May/May not do in the event of their election.

Of course you can’t believe Boris, his pledge for 30,000 police officers is already floundering.
Months after the big fanfare not one Police Force in the country has been given any definite indication of the number of new recruits they can fund from it...most have jumped the gun and started recruitment drives anyway hoping they get enough money to cover those they’ve started the process with!

I can honestly see a Red faced retraction similar to the big red Brexit bus £350m from BoJo coming in the near future.

I think this is the point though isn’t it, which current MP can you honestly say you’d trust to keep their word?
I can think of one and I still wouldn’t vote for him even if he was in Hexham constituency.

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 17:38 #71 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Yes but I was querying Johnson's proclamations not Corbyn's.

Boris not exactly a beacon of veracity and yet he has his fans in northern working class circles we are told because he's a panda with a tornado personality.

In reality he isn't actually a panda and tornados are destructive.

However he is going to fix the crisis in adult social care once and for all so he says so I take it all back. Maybe he intends to simply abolish social care. That would fix it. It would save money and release funds to prop up agriculture etc post-Brexit while we sort out an even better trade deal with the EU than we now have as a member and a fantastic trade deal with Trump who really looks after his mates - just ask the Kurds, even though they let him down by not turning up to the D Day landings. That's if he isn't impeached by then. Trump I mean not Boris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 17:53 #72 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

HuntingHorn wrote: As pointed out, Labour haven’t even looked at what they May/May not do in the event of their election.

Of course you can’t believe Boris, his pledge for 30,000 police officers is already floundering.
Months after the big fanfare not one Police Force in the country has been given any definite indication of the number of new recruits they can fund from it...most have jumped the gun and started recruitment drives anyway hoping they get enough money to cover those they’ve started the process with!

I can honestly see a Red faced retraction similar to the big red Brexit bus £350m from BoJo coming in the near future.

I think this is the point though isn’t it, which current MP can you honestly say you’d trust to keep their word?
I can think of one and I still wouldn’t vote for him even if he was in Hexham constituency.



CUMBRIA’S police and crime commissioner has revealed he hopes to make the case for an extra 200 police officers over the next three years.

Peter McCall, the Conservative PCC, confirmed that Cumbria would be getting 51 in the first tranche, but he would be arguing for another 150 on top of that.


www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17973745.cumb...ts-keep-county-safe/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 18:10 #73 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Key words there are: “Hopes” “Would be arguing for...”
He can hope and argue all he likes, not as though any other PCC’s are going to do the same is it!
Kind of emphasises the point?
Nobody really knows the actual figure yet, despite already knowing the salary of those recruits for their first few years and all the associated costs.
51 is a bit different to 200.

Only time will tell though eh...

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
30 Oct 2019 19:17 - 30 Oct 2019 19:19 #74 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Just pointing out the inaccuracy in your post. Marko owns the franchise for false news. 51 in the first tranche is very definite.

"Months after the big fanfare not one Police Force in the country has been given any definite indication of the number of new recruits "
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 19:19 by thesilentone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 11:22 #75 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

thesilentone wrote:

orfc wrote:

thesilentone wrote: ... austerity was the only way forward to bring a bankrupt Country back from the abyss...


You'll need to show your working out on that one, especially given other countries invested their way out of recession with new infrastructure and performed better as a result


www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/by-g...xperiment-didnt-work


Sorry but that article is a load of bunkum, we were nothing like Greece and did not need a bailout, unlike Ireland, and where did they get the money from ?

To invest you need loot, we had none, or you need to borrow, for that you need credibility and our credit rating had been downgraded due to the Labour Policies that put us in the mess in the first place.

We couldn't even use our Gold reserves as collateral as Brown has p'd them up the wall for next to nowt..

From your article:

"O.K., a committed Austerian might respond, that doesn’t sound very good. But if the Chancellor has succeeded in putting the finances of the U.K. government in order, and prevented Blighty from turning into Greece, the sacrifices might well have been worth it. And, in fact, Osborne has pushed this very line. “The hard work of the British people is paying off, and we are not going to squander their efforts,” he said in his Commons speech."


........and I suppose John Cassidy the writer is not biased: www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/why-socialism-is-back



I suppose the IMF is biased too :-)

www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/27...-imf-study-concludes


Let's face it, you explode when the word "union" is mentioned on here, asking you to agree a tory policy is bad is a bit like asking Alex Ferguson to agree man utd are shite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 14:22 #76 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 14:45 - 31 Oct 2019 14:47 #77 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Laura Pidcock is a headcase.
She's a proper Class Warrior, though she's is very balanced...she has a chip on both shoulders!
She comes over like she's spent far too long in a university Socialism Society reading Marxism-Leninism books while her mates agree with her every word.
So OTT every time she speaks she makes me cringe.

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
Last edit: 31 Oct 2019 14:47 by HuntingHorn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 14:51 #78 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Laffy wrote: Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.


70s would be 20 years too modern for your average brexiteer, though I suppose l Bernard Manning would still be on telly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 14:56 - 31 Oct 2019 14:58 #79 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

orfc wrote:

Laffy wrote: Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.


70s would be 20 years too modern for your average brexiteer, though I suppose l Bernard Manning would still be on telly



Little bit of advice buddy.

Stop trying so hard to be funny because.

A) your not.

B ) Never will be.

:-)
Last edit: 31 Oct 2019 14:58 by Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • carwash
  • carwash's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
31 Oct 2019 15:36 #80 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Boris was seen to have been a successful Mayor of London - even his failures weren't disastrous in the scheme of things. The garden bridge was rushed and ill-thought out but it showed ambition. The water cannon would have come in useful against XR. The new Routemasters are popular despite appalling ventilation and the addition of doors at the back. The challenge for Boris in this election is persuading Northerners that he can bring hope and improvement to the North as he did for London. He'll be hinting about a freeport on Teesside, more road improvements, more money for hospitals and social care etc. If people believe that Boris will try his best to get things done he could romp home with a decent majority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 16:30 #81 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Boris has failed on his flagship project, getting Brexit done by today, Dead in a Ditch day. He said he'd do it, no ifs or buts. He didn't do it. End of story.

Yes he may get a big majority if enough people think he really cares about them and will follow up his slogans with actual deeds but he's just another windbag really who is full of bull.

He's done nowt but bluster about talking shiyte and failing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
31 Oct 2019 16:58 #82 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
...........i see he can rely on your vote then :-)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 17:46 #83 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Isn't it strange why politics is, on the whole, such an entrenched business. Can be seen even on this thread.
Those backing Labour (on the whole) always will, and vice versa.
I get that with the mining villages for example with the Thatcher influence, but so many other areas should be areas where people consider the best candidate and vote accordingly. But no.
I would say 50% of those who vote for labour do so with their nose held because of Corbyn and do so because they always have. Same with Tories but without the Corbyn influence.
Most peoples outlooks change as they age, but vote generally doesn't.
Really shouldn't be that way. I have always voted for the same party!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 17:53 #84 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

AlbertRoss wrote: Boris has failed on his flagship project, getting Brexit done by today, Dead in a Ditch day. He said he'd do it, no ifs or buts. He didn't do it. End of story.

Yes he may get a big majority if enough people think he really cares about them and will follow up his slogans with actual deeds but he's just another windbag really who is full of bull.



He's done nowt but bluster about talking shiyte and failing.



Well done your worst post ever on this subject your getting as desperate as the rest now.
For the record Boris has got a deal and thanks to look at me pig headedry of other politicians blocking it in the hope he'd resign they have failed.

Thank [censored] he's stood his ground and the people (not some overpaid spiteful pricks)
will back him with a very big majority.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Bellyache away while you still can the real Conservatives are back B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 17:54 #85 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
I think the smart move for Boris is to offer to depoliticise the NHS and set up a structure that sits outside normal government business.I think all voters share the same interest in the NHS but it’s kick around like a football
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 18:39 #86 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Laffy wrote: Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.


I don’t like Corbyn and don’t like their policy on brexit at all or none policy.

However I like a lot of Labours policies that would make my life easier compared to the other parties.

So what do I do - do I vote for Boris as I quite like him and will get brexit done or do I vote Labour that I don’t like their brexit policy but like their other policies.

This isn’t a brexit referendum it’s a GE with lots of other issues it’ll be ran though as a brexit referendum.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 18:51 #87 by musher441
Replied by musher441 on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
Well it's a Brexit election as far as I'm concerned.
Vote Conservative - get Brexit done.
Vote Labour - Don't get Brexit done.
Therefore, I'll be voting Conservative.
For the first time in my life, at 47 years old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 19:18 #88 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
As we are the tester city can some do a survey monkey on who you are voting for and who did you vote in last election? Would be an interesting poll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
31 Oct 2019 19:39 - 31 Oct 2019 19:57 #89 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Mullen103 wrote:

Laffy wrote: Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.


I don’t like Corbyn and don’t like their policy on brexit at all or none policy.

However I like a lot of Labours policies that would make my life easier compared to the other parties.

So what do I do - do I vote for Boris as I quite like him and will get brexit done or do I vote Labour that I don’t like their brexit policy but like their other policies.

This isn’t a brexit referendum it’s a GE with lots of other issues it’ll be ran though as a brexit referendum.



The problem is your not voting for Jezza, we know he is anti EU, you are voting for the puppet-masters like McCluskey and all the other Champagne Socialist on the left of left. Imagine McDonall, Abbot and Thornburry running the Country, it's the thing of nightmares. If there out canvassing tonight, the public could be forgiven for mistaking them for Halloween Gouls.

This is what happens when you cross Big Len....

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/23/...urray-edinburgh-sout
Last edit: 31 Oct 2019 19:57 by thesilentone.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, HuntingHorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 19:58 #90 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Alan wrote:

orfc wrote:

Laffy wrote: Looks like we are in for 6 weeks of class war-led by Corbyn and that crass female Geordie mp Laura whose second name I can’t remember.

It seems anyone with money is privileged, tax avoiding and generally a bad person.On the contrary, blue collar and working class people are disenfranchised, downtrodden and abused.

This maniac will destroy this country and take us back to the seventies.


70s would be 20 years too modern for your average brexiteer, though I suppose l Bernard Manning would still be on telly



Little bit of advice buddy.

Stop trying so hard to be funny because.

A) your not.

B ) Never will be.

:-)


I certainly can't beat your top crack :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 20:06 #91 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Alan wrote:

AlbertRoss wrote: Boris has failed on his flagship project, getting Brexit done by today, Dead in a Ditch day. He said he'd do it, no ifs or buts. He didn't do it. End of story.

Yes he may get a big majority if enough people think he really cares about them and will follow up his slogans with actual deeds but he's just another windbag really who is full of bull.



He's done nowt but bluster about talking shiyte and failing.



Well done your worst post ever on this subject your getting as desperate as the rest now.
For the record Boris has got a deal and thanks to look at me pig headedry of other politicians blocking it in the hope he'd resign they have failed.

Thank [censored] he's stood his ground and the people (not some overpaid spiteful pricks)
will back him with a very big majority.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Bellyache away while you still can the real Conservatives are back B)


You can’t be voting Tory surely Alan. You dropped the loyal DUP when they went through the same voting door as the shadow chancellor so I’d have thought you’d be using the same principle when Boris did the same ;)

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 20:15 #92 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Dancingbear wrote:

Alan wrote:

AlbertRoss wrote: Boris has failed on his flagship project, getting Brexit done by today, Dead in a Ditch day. He said he'd do it, no ifs or buts. He didn't do it. End of story.

Yes he may get a big majority if enough people think he really cares about them and will follow up his slogans with actual deeds but he's just another windbag really who is full of bull.



He's done nowt but bluster about talking shiyte and failing.



Well done your worst post ever on this subject your getting as desperate as the rest now.
For the record Boris has got a deal and thanks to look at me pig headedry of other politicians blocking it in the hope he'd resign they have failed.

Thank [censored] he's stood his ground and the people (not some overpaid spiteful pricks)
will back him with a very big majority.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Bellyache away while you still can the real Conservatives are back B)


You can’t be voting Tory surely Alan. You dropped the loyal DUP when they went through the same voting door as the shadow chancellor so I’d have thought you’d be using the same principle when Boris did the same ;)


It did get rid of the hapless Maybot which is to be applauded tbh.

If she was still in power Corbyn would have a good chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 21:52 #93 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
The odd thing is that many Labour voters, especially outside of London and the big cities may be economically left of centre, but are at the same time right-wing when it comes to social issues; even further to the right than the current Tories.

Certainly my parents were on issues such as immigration, law and order and even grammar schools.

These days we have a Tory party which is largely fiscally conservative, but socially liberal, the latter of which is potentially a strategic mistake in electoral terms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 21:57 #94 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Taffy-P wrote: Simple guide who to vote for

If your a millionaire or stupid vote Conservative

The rest of us vote Labour


That covers Laffy and Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, Mush, CookieThumper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 22:00 #95 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Alan wrote:
the real Conservatives are back B)



File Attachment:
The following user(s) Liked this post:: howoldboy, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 22:20 #96 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

AlbertRoss wrote:

Alan wrote:
the real Conservatives are back B)



File Attachment:


Bloody nasty Nazi Tories ;-)


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 22:58 #97 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
We have a wonderful choice don't we?
A left wing loony who will nationalise everything but hasn't a clue where the money will come from and a right wing loony who will spend a small fortune on everything from the NHS to planting trees but doesn't have a clue where the money is coming from.
Neither can lie straight in their beds ...a bit like CUFC custodians & friends.
Where is the 33 billion we have to pay the EU to leave coming from?
From us taxpayers that's who along with the tab for either commy Corbyn or buffoon Johnson's spending plans!
What a bloody state this country is in!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 22:59 #98 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

AlbertRoss wrote:

Alan wrote:
the real Conservatives are back B)



File Attachment:


Im sure that fella bottom right is one of the dealers on Dickinsons real deal.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 03:52 #99 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic December 2019 General Election Thread
I agree with Alan! Eliminate poverty by privatising the NHS and letting poor people die. Genius. I'm voting Tory as well!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2019 04:28 #100 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic December 2019 General Election Thread

Markovitch wrote: I agree with Alan! Eliminate poverty by privatising the NHS and letting poor people die. Genius. I'm voting Tory as well!



Full House!

A reply off Wullie Wankstain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.