Steven Pressley Gone

More
27 Nov 2019 08:35 #101 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Steven Pressley Gone

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 08:39 #102 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Steven Pressley Gone
FFS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 09:14 #103 by lummy8
Replied by lummy8 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Not a fan of him mentioning this, players going to see him and upset at peronal circumstances, not football, should not be aired for his excuses at failing miserably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 09:36 #104 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic Steven Pressley Gone

lummy8 wrote: Not a fan of him mentioning this, players going to see him and upset at peronal circumstances, not football, should not be aired for his excuses at failing miserably.


Yes, I agree with this. Just no need at all to say that. I know he's not mentioned specific players but he could have talked in much more general terms.
I thought mentioning specific players after games, singling them out for criticism to the media was really not on as well. Just no need for that. Keep it in the dressing room or talk privately to the player.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: tommycoleman1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 11:47 #105 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I see he's now banging the location drum for failure to get players as well, something I'm sure he's said time and time again wasn't an issue whilst he had the job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 11:57 #106 by deepfathom
Replied by deepfathom on topic Steven Pressley Gone
" “In fact, two weeks prior to my departure I was told that the investors were 100 per cent behind me, and there was a pick-up in results."

'Investors...' ? Not the directors... ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 12:07 #107 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Steven Pressley Gone
4 grown men crying coz their boss got sacked. As sheriff Buford T Justice once said “what is the world coming to?”

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 12:37 #108 by lummy8
Replied by lummy8 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I don’t think it was in that context Dancing, he meant they were in his office while he was in charge.

SP using it as example of new generation of players being harder to work with, which I agree o the mental side, but I know they were in his office for off the field influences, not football, and he should not make that public for his own agenda.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thetashkentterror, Dancingbear, Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 13:12 #109 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Steven Pressley Gone
The full podcast is quite good, they're not going easy on him

"You took over Carlisle and they were in 6th place, and you left them and they were in 19th place? How can you not have any inclination?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 13:29 #110 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I think as well the use of his language and the word "cuddle" is somewhat pejorative and I think uncalled for.
Who knows what was going on for the players and who doesn't need a cuddle every now and again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 13:57 #111 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Steven Pressley Gone

lummy8 wrote: I don’t think it was in that context Dancing, he meant they were in his office while he was in charge.

SP using it as example of new generation of players being harder to work with, which I agree o the mental side, but I know they were in his office for off the field influences, not football, and he should not make that public for his own agenda.


Apologies. I was just going off the twitter clip above.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 16:13 - 27 Nov 2019 16:21 #112 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Steven Pressley Gone

Southernblue wrote: I see he's now banging the location drum for failure to get players as well, something I'm sure he's said time and time again wasn't an issue whilst he had the job


Carlisle's always been in the same place and managers have managed ok before.

Scotch [censored]!
Last edit: 27 Nov 2019 16:21 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CarlisleSaint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 23:24 #113 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Steven Pressley Gone

nobbyblue wrote:

Southernblue wrote: I see he's now banging the location drum for failure to get players as well, something I'm sure he's said time and time again wasn't an issue whilst he had the job


Carlisle's always been in the same place and managers have managed ok before.

Scotch [censored]!


Going back to the 1970s, when we had a manager of the calibre of Alan Ashman and a coach of the quality of Hughie Neil in Division 1 and 2, one player was asked whether he minded travelling all the way to Carlisle to play football. His reply, 'I'd walk to Carlisle to play for that club'.

True story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 00:18 #114 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I've said it before and I'll say it again we have a whole bloody country above us where, players will come and ply their trade because they are so desperate to get into the English game???
You are a Scotsman Elvis could you not bloody well see that???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 00:21 #115 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Bluedazblue, Hughie was chief scout, Dick Young was the coach.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 00:24 #116 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Steven Pressley Gone

Bluedazblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote:

Southernblue wrote: I see he's now banging the location drum for failure to get players as well, something I'm sure he's said time and time again wasn't an issue whilst he had the job


Carlisle's always been in the same place and managers have managed ok before.

Scotch [censored]!


Going back to the 1970s, when we had a manager of the calibre of Alan Ashman and a coach of the quality of Hughie Neil in Division 1 and 2, one player was asked whether he minded travelling all the way to Carlisle to play football. His reply, 'I'd walk to Carlisle to play for that club'.

True story.



And a good indication of how far we've fallen is the calibre and experience of managers that we.re appointing

From an FA Cup-winning manager in the 1980.s to some bloke sacked from Rochdale's academy whose main claim to fame is that he once sold some kid for 25 grand.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, nobbyblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 11:41 #117 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Or an fa cup winning manager in the 70s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 18:32 #118 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Steven Pressley Gone

tommycoleman1 wrote: Or an fa cup winning manager in the 70s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


He didn't manage us in the 70.s after he won the FA Cup in 1973

"There followed another spell with Rochdale (1979–1980) which ended with the club having to seek re-election to the league and spells with Carlisle United (1980–1985 and 1985–1986). He led Carlisle to promotion to the Second Division in 1982, and in the 1983–84 season they became promotion contenders before a poor run saw them finish 7th. He resigned in 1985, only to be reappointed and resign again seven months later."
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Micktaitwasard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 00:16 #119 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I know he didn't manage us in the 70s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 00:25 #120 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Thanks Bas. You reminded me.

Sad that BS walked away and left us in the lurch every time there was a sniff of better money elsewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
29 Nov 2019 01:08 #121 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Steven Pressley Gone
"Cuddling for forty minutes"

I bet he was. Full on "cuddling" with his chums Byron & Jack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 02:14 #122 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Steven Pressley Gone

howoldboy wrote: Thanks Bas. You reminded me.

Sad that BS walked away and left us in the lurch every time there was a sniff of better money elsewhere.


Aye, and wouldn't that be just about the time AJ was taking over from Jimmy Bendall i.ll bet Stokoe had him sussed out in about 5 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 05:52 - 29 Nov 2019 05:55 #123 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I'd be greeting as well if I had to listen to Pressley drone on day in day oot.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 05:55 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, seesaw50, carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:04 #124 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Listened to the podcast of that Radio Scotland show in full. Pressley will never make a manager. He hasn't got it in him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:12 #125 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Steven Pressley Gone
I agree ....I said way back he'd be short in the motivation department

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:34 #126 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Steven Pressley Gone

nobbyblue wrote: Listened to the podcast of that Radio Scotland show in full. Pressley will never make a manager. He hasn't got it in him.


And if you bother to look back I posted the very same thing the day he was appointed after receiving messages from Coventry and Fleetwood fans as well as a damming resume from the erstwhile RL reporter at the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:36 #127 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Steven Pressley Gone

nobbyblue wrote: Listened to the podcast of that Radio Scotland show in full. Pressley will never make a manager. He hasn't got it in him.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:37 #128 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Steven Pressley Gone
1:47 for steven cos it won't let me edit :-p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 18:02 #129 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Steven Pressley Gone
Pressley can now go into his desired role of a pundit on Scottish media.

He can spend all week analysing the teams and slipping in some of his findings during the commentary.

Some Scottish football chairman will hear him and think 'wow he sounds like he knows what he is talking about' and Pressley is back on the managerial merry go round for another six months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 20:52 #130 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Steven Pressley Gone

orfc wrote: 1:47 for steven cos it won't let me edit :-p


147? Should have been a snooker player.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 21:04 #131 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Steven Pressley Gone

Dancingbear wrote:

orfc wrote: 1:47 for steven cos it won't let me edit :-p


147? Should have been a snooker player.

He's left us so far behind that we need snookers.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Wukkie, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.708 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.