*PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 15:40 - 28 Nov 2019 20:36 #1 by paddockite
*PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY* was created by paddockite
Talk is one thing, action is another.

For weeks, months, and years, we hear the same thing. "Something needs do be done" "fans need to stand up against the owners" "not one single anti board chant" "we all sit here and talk a good game, but nobody does anything" "they need to know what we think".

Well, maybe it's time to change that.

3 weeks until Grimsby at home, and a perfect opportunity to gather some momentum behind this and really get something going for once.

Me and a mate have chatted about this for little while, this feels like the right time, and if it takes a couple of people to stick there heads above the parapet and try and get something organised then we'll be that.

Boycotting gets mentioned, I don't think that has enough of an effect unless 400 - 500 people do it, and that isnt going to happen, about 2000 are already doing it.

Banners, chants, media interest. Action before, during, and after the game (I'm sure people will disagree and have there own ideas). Let's try and get this to snowball. It's been tried before, unsuccessfully (reasons for that), let's make this different.

Would be great to get some numbers up on here of how many people are interested, suggestions of how people think is the best way, and go from there.

Let's get our club back.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 20:36 by paddockite.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 15:46 #2 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I'm working 132 miles away but good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 15:53 #3 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
There's people, that just won't go and pay money to this regiem - If thats the case then these people can, do whatever, outside.

A protest inside is going to affect the players, but its got to the point where something has to happen.

The trusts meeting is beforehand - could be a good day to at least attempt to rid the club of this toxic regime.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 17:57 #4 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
A poor choice of match as the Grimsby game is likely to be the first home game for a new manager. I think most supporters wil be more interested in who's in the dugout and what's his style rather than a random protest.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:10 - 25 Nov 2019 18:14 #5 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Mullen103 wrote: There's people, that just won't go and pay money to this regiem - If thats the case then these people can, do whatever, outside.

A protest inside is going to affect the players, but its got to the point where something has to happen.

The trusts meeting is beforehand - could be a good day to at least attempt to rid the club of this toxic regime.


I can understand the apathy and defeatism but people need to understand in these circumstances apathy essentially counts as a vote of support for the BOD. If hardly anybody turns up to a protest, that will be seen as a show of support for the current regime, they will be able to point to that protest and say that it's only a minority of fans who are against them. We really need to show them just how unwanted they are. Please go to protests. Please consider boycotting. If you want to see the matches then go to them, but sing lots of anti board chants. The BOD need to realize how unwanted they are.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2019 18:14 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:26 #6 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Bumble wrote: A poor choice of match as the Grimsby game is likely to be the first home game for a new manager. I think most supporters wil be more interested in who's in the dugout and what's his style rather than a random protest.


Disagree here!

Always an excuse: Can’t be the game after as we will have a new player. Can’t be the game after that because it’s an important match, can’t be after that because Santa’s coming.

There’s never a right time. But before long we will run out of matches. ASAP required.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, paddockite, Kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 18:34 #7 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Mullen103 wrote:

Bumble wrote: A poor choice of match as the Grimsby game is likely to be the first home game for a new manager. I think most supporters wil be more interested in who's in the dugout and what's his style rather than a random protest.


Disagree here!

Always an excuse: Can’t be the game after as we will have a new player. Can’t be the game after that because it’s an important match, can’t be after that because Santa’s coming.

There’s never a right time. But before long we will run out of matches. ASAP required.


Couldn't have put it better myself. Last season I saw people complaining about the planned protest as it was the 1st game of the season, and Sheridans 1st home game. Just a short term attitude to long term massive problem.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Kessler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:46 #8 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
People need to stop making excuses...

How many managers we had under these owners ? How many delivered - they can’t all be bad, this one whoever he may be will fail.... due to 3 reasons: Nixon, Jenkins and Pattinson.

Best chance a new manager has of being successful is they go, not 2000 people clapping him out.

People were very fast to slate Mullens attempt and other previous ones, but at least they did it. Let’s all get together and send the message to them that this can’t continue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:48 #9 by Goldschmidt
Replied by Goldschmidt on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Last time there was a protest, it was 5 people and a blank bedsheet.
You're deluded if you think masses of fans will turn out this time.
Personally, on the day of the Grimsby match, I'll be treating myself to a half season ticket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:52 #10 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Goldschmidt wrote: Last time there was a protest, it was 5 people and a blank bedsheet.
You're deluded if you think masses of fans will turn out this time.
Personally, on the day of the Grimsby match, I'll be treating myself to a half season ticket.


Just the attitude we need.

Disagree with what your saying, whatever people think of Day, he’s a businessman and if people slate his businesses you’ve got a chance he’ll act.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 18:54 #11 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I’ve only been to two - 1st one my mates “blank sheet” and there wasn’t many there.

The 2nd one - the Kendal protest - no one was there and they got ridiculed.

Something needs to happen.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:04 #12 by Exiledbelfastblue
Replied by Exiledbelfastblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Good luck with the protest, our club is being destroyed in front of our eyes. If I can get over for the game I will gladly attend any form of protest, doing nothing cannot be an option anymore.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:11 #13 by Ibogaine
Replied by Ibogaine on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Can’t be there myself, but willing to chip in for a couple of felt tips if you guys still have the bedsheet

Messageboarder of the Year 2016
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcmike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:38 - 25 Nov 2019 19:43 #14 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

CUFC52 wrote: People were very fast to slate Mullens attempt and other previous ones, but at least they did it. Let’s all get together and send the message to them that this can’t continue


I've never understood that. People are happy to moan on here but then they don't go to protests because "it won't change anything". Well if you think a protest won't change anything, why do you moan on here? Do you think that will be more successful than going to protests?

People need to stand up and make the clubkillers realize just how unwanted they are. Give them 90 minutes of anti board chants at every single match and make it clear the chants will not stop until they are gone. If people don't take a stand against the current regime, they will destroy the club and it's that simple. If you don't want the club to die, it's time to get out there and protest against the board. Get them out!
Last edit: 25 Nov 2019 19:43 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:43 - 25 Nov 2019 19:43 #15 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
People can moan as much as they want on here that’s what this forum is for, doesn’t mean they should all join your protest or shut up.

Mullen is a virgin.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2019 19:43 by melbourneblues.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:47 #16 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

melbourneblues wrote: People can moan as much as they want on here that’s what this forum is for, doesn’t mean they should all join your protestor shut up.


They don't have to, but if people don't stand up to the BOD then the club will die. If we want our club to survive, something needs to change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:54 #17 by Bluedevil
Replied by Bluedevil on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

paddockite wrote: Talk is one thing, action is another.

For weeks, months, and years, we hear the same thing. "Something needs do be done" "fans need to stand up against the owners" "not one single anti board chant" "we all sit here and talk a good game, but nobody does anything" "they need to know what we think".

Well, maybe it's time to change that.

3 weeks until Grimsby at home, and a perfect opportunity to gather some momentum behind this and really get something going for once.

Me and a mate have chatted about this for little while, this feels like the right time, and if it takes a couple of people to stick there heads above the parapet and try and get something organised then we'll be that.

Boycotting gets mentioned, I don't think that has enough of an effect unless 400 - 500 people do it, and that isnt going to happen, about 2000 are already doing it.

Banners, chants, media interest. Action before, during, and after the game (I'm sure people will disagree and have there own ideas). Let's try and get this to snowball. It's been tried before, unsuccessfully (reasons for that), let's make this different.

Would be great to get some numbers up on here of how many people are interested, suggestions of how people think is the best way, and go from there.

If any of you guys are on Twitter, please either follow or message myself on there @RyCUFC, or @Kyle_SP7. If theres enough interest in this, then a private message group on there can be organized. We have already spoken to a few people, who are interested themselves and going to get mates involved and also people who don't go anymore to come along and voice.

Let's get our club back.


Oh my god here we go again, and what makes you think that every Carlisle fan is so against the owners that they should be protesting to get them out??
All this talk of a protest against the board on Saturday and what happened? absolutely diddly squat, the main conversation from where I was standing was 'I wonder who will be our next manager'.
I think its time some people started to realise that not every fan is totally against the board, most of us are a pit pissed off with the present situation, but for christ sake its NOT like the Knighton Days, were NOT on our knees like Bury were. But, (cover your ears) Jenkins, Nixon and Pattinson actually DO care about the club, they are not in it for themselves, don't know about the other two but Jenkins has put an awful lot of his own money in to keep the bloody thing going (and nobody really knows whether he wants it back or not).
And at the end of the day, none of us really knew about the Laffy deal, or the current Lummy deal, so why does this all have to be the boards fault?
At the end of the day I have total respect for Lummy and Laffy and good on them for having a go, but until ALL the facts become available I'm NOT making any judgement on anything.
I'll be in my usual place on the Paddock on December the 14th, hopefully discussing how on earth we got Pochettino instead of Russel Slade!!!! (And maybe having a little giggle at the thousands outside protesting against the board.................................yea right!!!!!)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Goldschmidt, baggieblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 19:59 #18 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Bluedevil wrote: Oh my god here we go again, and what makes you think that every Carlisle fan is so against the owners that they should be protesting to get them out??


Because most of them are?

Bluedevil wrote: All this talk of a protest against the board on Saturday and what happened? absolutely diddly squat


I think that's more because of apathy and defeatism. People are just so fed up with the current regime that they can't be bothered anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 20:08 #19 by bigboblee
Replied by bigboblee on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I will be leading a counter protest about Carlisle supporters who twine all the time. Even when we were promoted in 1974 people twined that the team wasn"t as good as in the 1950's. I quite enjoy struggles against relegation, roll on Grimsby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 20:29 #20 by pedals
Replied by pedals on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Just one thought: you have to be clear what you're protesting against and everybody there has to be there for the same reason, otherwise it will have little impact. There are a whole variety of grievances about the club at the moment but just saying "sack the board" or whatever isn't necessarily productive. Are you protesting against Nixon and Pattison? Against Jenkins? Against Edinburgh Woollen Mill? Against the statement about Lumsdon's proposal? Against David Holdsworth? Against the next managerial appointment? Against the last 10 years? If you can identify exactly what it is and what the alternative is then it would be a more useful use of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 20:44 #21 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

pedals wrote: Just one thought: you have to be clear what you're protesting against and everybody there has to be there for the same reason, otherwise it will have little impact. There are a whole variety of grievances about the club at the moment but just saying "sack the board" or whatever isn't necessarily productive. Are you protesting against Nixon and Pattison? Against Jenkins? Against Edinburgh Woollen Mill? Against the statement about Lumsdon's proposal? Against David Holdsworth? Against the next managerial appointment? Against the last 10 years? If you can identify exactly what it is and what the alternative is then it would be a more useful use of time.


A protest against the ownership. That is EWM, Jenkins, Nixon and Pattison. A protest against the direction of the club, a club with no plan, a club with no succession, a club that for 11 years has been a closed book, a club that is going backwards and that has alienated its fans.

That, even with offers of help, and takeover/investment offers, from Lapping and Chris Lumsdon consortiums, does not give the answers required. They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman.

We want a club that wants to be better, that engages with it fans, that has a clear strategy and plan that fans get get on board with and move forward.

We're treading water right now, and are close to drowning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 20:49 - 25 Nov 2019 20:50 #22 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

paddockite wrote:

pedals wrote: Just one thought: you have to be clear what you're protesting against and everybody there has to be there for the same reason, otherwise it will have little impact. There are a whole variety of grievances about the club at the moment but just saying "sack the board" or whatever isn't necessarily productive. Are you protesting against Nixon and Pattison? Against Jenkins? Against Edinburgh Woollen Mill? Against the statement about Lumsdon's proposal? Against David Holdsworth? Against the next managerial appointment? Against the last 10 years? If you can identify exactly what it is and what the alternative is then it would be a more useful use of time.


A protest against the ownership. That is EWM, Jenkins, Nixon and Pattison. A protest against the direction of the club, a club with no plan, a club with no succession, a club that for 11 years has been a closed book, a club that is going backwards and that has alienated its fans.

That, even with offers of help, and takeover/investment offers, from Lapping and Chris Lumsdon consortiums, does not give the answers required. They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman.

We want a club that wants to be better, that engages with it fans, that has a clear strategy and plan that fans get get on board with and move forward.

We're treading water right now, and are close to drowning.


Is there a way to boil that down into one or two effective short sentence/slogans?
Last edit: 25 Nov 2019 20:50 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 21:07 #23 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

paddockite wrote:

pedals wrote: Just one thought: you have to be clear what you're protesting against and everybody there has to be there for the same reason, otherwise it will have little impact. There are a whole variety of grievances about the club at the moment but just saying "sack the board" or whatever isn't necessarily productive. Are you protesting against Nixon and Pattison? Against Jenkins? Against Edinburgh Woollen Mill? Against the statement about Lumsdon's proposal? Against David Holdsworth? Against the next managerial appointment? Against the last 10 years? If you can identify exactly what it is and what the alternative is then it would be a more useful use of time.


A protest against the ownership. That is EWM, Jenkins, Nixon and Pattison. A protest against the direction of the club, a club with no plan, a club with no succession, a club that for 11 years has been a closed book, a club that is going backwards and that has alienated its fans.

That, even with offers of help, and takeover/investment offers, from Lapping and Chris Lumsdon consortiums, does not give the answers required. They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman.

We want a club that wants to be better, that engages with it fans, that has a clear strategy and plan that fans get get on board with and move forward.

We're treading water right now, and are close to drowning.


Is there a way to boil that down into one or two effective short sentence/slogans?


[censored] the board?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 23:39 #24 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
"a club with no plan" - The club clearly has a plan - you might not like the plan - but we are definitely seeing a plan (this season and last).

"a club with no succession" - You need to speak to the trust about this, they're the biggest block to any potential takeover. Is EWM not waiting in the wings as successor?

"a club that for 11 years has been a closed book" - No it hasn't. Have you tried talking directly to them? The accounts are filed every year, there are numerous forums etc - and the club generally respond very well to emails.

It's rich to talk about the "Lumsdon Consortium", we don't know any details whatsoever of the plan or who was involved - how can you judge whether this my have been a good thing? It's too early to throw your toys out of the pram. All we know is Steve Skinner was / is involved - and frankly - his experience of running football clubs is a complete disaster.

"They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman." - Not true, hence the involvement of EWM.

"We want a club that wants to be better" - that's why we sacked Pressley - the owners clearly want to "be better" also.

It's no wonder you can't organise anything other than a laughable protest, you don't know your ar5e from your elbow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
25 Nov 2019 23:46 #25 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: "a club with no plan" - The club clearly has a plan - you might not like the plan - but we are definitely seeing a plan (this season and last).

"a club with no succession" - You need to speak to the trust about this, they're the biggest block to any potential takeover. Is EWM not waiting in the wings as successor?

"a club that for 11 years has been a closed book" - No it hasn't. Have you tried talking directly to them? The accounts are filed every year, there are numerous forums etc - and the club generally respond very well to emails.

It's rich to talk about the "Lumsdon Consortium", we don't know any details whatsoever of the plan or who was involved - how can you judge whether this my have been a good thing? It's too early to throw your toys out of the pram. All we know is Steve Skinner was / is involved - and frankly - his experience of running football clubs is a complete disaster.

"They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman." - Not true, hence the involvement of EWM.

"We want a club that wants to be better" - that's why we sacked Pressley - the owners clearly want to "be better" also.

It's no wonder you can't organise anything other than a laughable protest, you don't know your ar5e from your elbow.


I was waiting for this!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2019 23:56 #26 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: "a club with no plan" - The club clearly has a plan - you might not like the plan - but we are definitely seeing a plan (this season and last).

"a club with no succession" - You need to speak to the trust about this, they're the biggest block to any potential takeover. Is EWM not waiting in the wings as successor?

"a club that for 11 years has been a closed book" - No it hasn't. Have you tried talking directly to them? The accounts are filed every year, there are numerous forums etc - and the club generally respond very well to emails.

It's rich to talk about the "Lumsdon Consortium", we don't know any details whatsoever of the plan or who was involved - how can you judge whether this my have been a good thing? It's too early to throw your toys out of the pram. All we know is Steve Skinner was / is involved - and frankly - his experience of running football clubs is a complete disaster.

"They do not like, or even entertain alternative options of help or takeovers, from trusted and successful businesses/businessman." - Not true, hence the involvement of EWM.

"We want a club that wants to be better" - that's why we sacked Pressley - the owners clearly want to "be better" also.

It's no wonder you can't organise anything other than a laughable protest, you don't know your ar5e from your elbow.


I fail to see how a club running up numerous millions of debt to a man who isn’t a supporter (and is known for being a ruthless businessman is a plan). Internal fighting between the DofF and board over Pressley - brilliant plan tht.

Speak to the trust about succession - give over they are puppets.... two directors get a lot of benefits they wouldn’t give up...

Yes I hVe spoke to them, although they are unable to answer, what is EWM getting out of this ? What’s our long term plans - usual spiel about promotion. How can we get into debt to a man who hasn’t been to Brunton Park (criticises Kirdi for not doing this). Refuse to answer the question if Day has the final say on future takeover - we could have a thread on questions they won’t answer.

I trust Lumsden - he hasn’t lied to me or other fans.... also I seen him doing more community work for the club (few seasons back admittedly) than I’ve seen Nixon, Jenkins and Pattinson.

Involvment of EWM - EWM who refuse to state their position - if Phil day wants cufc he’d have it. Reality is their incompetence, left us in a position we coudnt pay wages - Jenkins sons wouldn’t let him spend any more, it was EWM or bankrupt they had no choice.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
26 Nov 2019 01:37 #27 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
EWM stated their position fairly clearly on Friday. I'm not really concerned with the club racking up a debt to Big Phil, he seems like a sensible sort. Staying in the shadows so the halfwit element of our supporters don't have another target. Remember how Fred Story was treated?

Anyway, what would've been the alternative if Big Phil hadn't helped us? More debt to Jenkins? Administration? What option would you have preferred exactly? I'm glad he helped steady the ship and in principle bringing in a Holdsworth type figure and putting your own men in the boardroom to ensure we're run like a professional outfit is precisely the right thing to do. Granted, it hasn't worked so far - but compare the Pressley sacking to the dithering over Abbott, Kavanagh & Curle - and you clearly see a different ethos at the heart of the club.

I don't see your problem with the club's aim to win promotion, is this not what you want?

I'm not sure you know exactly what you want in fairness. If we bring a new, competent, manager in and have some success on the pitch - would you even be happy?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2019 08:25 #28 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
The club at least off the field is on a different level now. We lost 700k according to the accounts but the cash balance rose. That is some feat and shows how much room for improvement there was. McCarron, Galloway and branthwaite, when was the last time we had youth prospects like that coming through. Even the firing of Pressley was done professionally and promptly. He had targets in his contract last season, he met them so he got a contract. Targets this year, didn't meet them, thank you and goodbye. We just need to improve on the pitch. If crunch is right and we get £1m for branthwaite hopefully we can get a couple in at Christmas and start moving up the table

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
27 Nov 2019 12:46 - 28 Nov 2019 20:37 #29 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Been a really good reaction to this and a number of people/groups wanting to get involved. We will be sorting a private messaging group on Twitter shortly.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 20:37 by paddockite.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 13:43 #30 by tommycoleman1
Replied by tommycoleman1 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Are you planning to protest inside the stadium while the game is going on?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 14:22 #31 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

tommycoleman1 wrote: Are you planning to protest inside the stadium while the game is going on?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


I think having protests inside and outside would be best. There's a lot of people who are angry at the BOD but don't want to stop going to matches, so doing both would give everyone an opportunity to take part. Those who are willing to boycott should should go and protest outside the ground, and those who still want to go to the matches should go to the game but do lots of anti board chants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 14:26 #32 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
You'll no be near the bar though eh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
27 Nov 2019 14:53 #33 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

tommycoleman1 wrote: Are you planning to protest inside the stadium while the game is going on?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


The manager and team will have our support, the BOD will know that we don't. A mix of roaring on the team, and chants against the board.

Initial plan is protest outside the ground, and head in at 3.05.

I don't expect everyone to agree, and that is absolutely fine, everyone has there own opinions on the BOD.

But my personal opinion is the club is being run further and further into the ground. We need to arrest the apathy, and I am hoping this can reignite the passion of supporters and get them behind a cause, a lot of people have given up, that is a crying shame, I hope this can appeal to those people.

Anybody that doesn't go anymore, have friends that don't go anymore, itd be fantastic to have you involved.

As I have said, people wont agree and that is fine, people that have already contacted myself and said they and there friends want a part of it thank you, but I know there is a lot more of you out there.

COYB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 18:05 #34 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
What is your ultimate aim?

You say they are running the club into the ground but,
- we appear to have a succession plan with a real billionaire taking over,
- the management of player contracts has been improved,
- the financial management of the club has improved,
- we are waiting for a windfall of up to £5m from the sales of McCarron, Branthwaite, Galloway & Cosgrove.

You certainly won't get any argument from me that we are struggling on the pitch, but we have got rid of an under performing manager. The Board have brought in a new manager who looks fine on paper and if Branthwaite goes for £1m up front could even have a decent budget. Seems to me things are getting better. I certainly don't see a better alternative on the horizon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
27 Nov 2019 18:12 #35 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
By the time we get your mythical windfall we are likely to be in the Conference.
Branthwaite will be sold for yet another undisclosed fee with add on clauses and any upfront pittance we will get will disappear into the black hole of debt.
What makes you thnk Day will take over the club?
If he was that interested he would have done so by now.
All he is doing is propping up a failed regime.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, melbourneblues, Wukkie, paddockite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
27 Nov 2019 19:18 #36 by paddockite
Replied by paddockite on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Markovitch wrote: What is your ultimate aim?

You say they are running the club into the ground but,
- we appear to have a succession plan with a real billionaire taking over,
- the management of player contracts has been improved,
- the financial management of the club has improved,
- we are waiting for a windfall of up to £5m from the sales of McCarron, Branthwaite, Galloway & Cosgrove.

You certainly won't get any argument from me that we are struggling on the pitch, but we have got rid of an under performing manager. The Board have brought in a new manager who looks fine on paper and if Branthwaite goes for £1m up front could even have a decent budget. Seems to me things are getting better. I certainly don't see a better alternative on the horizon


The aim, in the short term anyway, is to hammer home that this is an overwhelming majority that want them out of the football club, and isnt just a vocal minority.

The further aim would be to get heavy media scrutiny surround it, and hopefully force someones hand into a sale or change. Whether that be Day taking it on fully, or a change with Pattison, Jenkins, Nixon etc making way for a consortium.

Either way, it cannot continue along it's current path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 19:26 #37 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Thats why I always say to Andy Laffy the best thing ever is that he failed to get CUFC. We have a man who controls the club who is a real, bona fide billionaire. The directors make some great decisions and the club is sitting on potentially millions of income from player sales. What do the fans do? Invent scenarios where everything is wrong. Spend millions to become a pariah, fools game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 19:41 #38 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Has the man who controls the club ever seen Carlisle play?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 19:43 #39 by melbourneblues
Replied by melbourneblues on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Who chipper?

Mullen is a virgin.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier, CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
27 Nov 2019 19:47 #40 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Flatcap wrote: Has the man who controls the club ever seen Carlisle play?


Yes
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Flatcap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 19:50 - 27 Nov 2019 19:51 #41 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Bumble wrote:

Flatcap wrote: Has the man who controls the club ever seen Carlisle play?


Yes


A lot of folk seem to forget Mr Day has previously been on the Board before this recent dalliance!

(April 08 to May 09 for reference!)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 27 Nov 2019 19:51 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Flatcap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
27 Nov 2019 19:54 #42 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

CCU wrote:

Bumble wrote:

Flatcap wrote: Has the man who controls the club ever seen Carlisle play?


Yes


A lot of folk seem to forget Mr Day has previously been on the Board before this recent dalliance!

(April 08 to May 09 for reference!)


Phew so glad you had the facts, I was going to go through old progs to check the dates and once I start going through them it takes another night to tidy them up again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 20:01 - 27 Nov 2019 20:02 #43 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I'd forgot about that. Wasn't there a bit of controversy when he left?

Has he seen the team play since then?
I know it becomes more difficult for him since he moved to the middle east.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2019 20:02 by Flatcap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 20:57 #44 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Carlisle fans are very fickle, as demonstrated by attendance figures shown on another thread.
Whatever spin is put on it, some people will go to games when we are doing well and find 101 reasons not to go when we are not.
Given that success is not a guarantee in any sport, anyone getting involved needs to be very thick-skinned, have very deep pockets and should expect to receive very little credit for the work they do and the money they put in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 10:29 #45 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

paddockite wrote: The aim, in the short term anyway, is to hammer home that this is an overwhelming majority that want them out of the football club, and isnt just a vocal minority.


I think the apathy has allowed the BOD to get away with making out it's just a small minority of unhappy fans. When only a few people turn out to a protest that gives them plenty of ammunition. Countering that apathy is crucial. Make sure this thread does not get any lower than half way down the message board until the protest. Can you include Jon Colman in your tweets and see if he'd be willing to organize an article in the News & Star informing people there will be a protest if they want to attend? Maybe put together some basic leaflets about the protest and hand them out in town centre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
28 Nov 2019 10:40 #46 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Kessler are you taking part in the protest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 10:41 #47 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Bumble wrote: Kessler are you taking part in the protest?


Yes. I'll be kicking out everyone who isn't displaying enough loyalty to Mr Jenkins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Away
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
28 Nov 2019 10:46 #48 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Aha, a cunning ploy for overtime, got ye.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 11:10 #49 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Bit like the PFJ. Our glorious leader Reg won’t be taking part in any terrorist activities as he has a bad back.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 11:53 #50 by exiledblue
Replied by exiledblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
It's not really the case that carlisle fans are fickle per se, it's more that this messageboard isn't a genuine reflection of the wider fan base. Thousands marched for Dulwich who were evicted and threatened with closure by an american developer - united by a common enemy. I think you will struggle to gain much momentum in Carlisle. Just my personal opinion though
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.