*PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

More
28 Nov 2019 12:05 - 28 Nov 2019 12:06 #51 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

exiledblue wrote: it's more that this messageboard isn't a genuine reflection of the wider fan base. Thousands marched for Dulwich who were evicted and threatened with closure by an american developer - united by a common enemy. I think you will struggle to gain much momentum in Carlisle. Just my personal opinion though


I think it is a fair reflection and the reason we haven't seen much protests is because of apathy and feelings of defeatism rather than people being genuinely happy with the BOD. Fans are fed up but they feel protests won't change anything so instead they just walk away. Ask around people you know and you'll find a common theme. Groups who used to go to matches as their Saturday day out have all got fed up and the group has dwindled. People walking away because they feel treated like crap, and that there is no ambition. I think protests will work if enough people take part and we can keep the pressure up on the BOD.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 12:06 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 12:15 #52 by exiledblue
Replied by exiledblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
You may well be right Kessler. I'm definitely not saying the majority are happy with the board, I think most would like rid!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 12:32 #53 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

exiledblue wrote: It's not really the case that carlisle fans are fickle per se, it's more that this messageboard isn't a genuine reflection of the wider fan base. Thousands marched for Dulwich who were evicted and threatened with closure by an american developer - united by a common enemy. I think you will struggle to gain much momentum in Carlisle. Just my personal opinion though


Yes ...nail on head.

When fans were mobilised to rid the club of MK there was a genuine view he was robbing the club blind through dubious practices and he even threatened to shut the club down. I was there at the Sands when CCUIST was formed.

This is not anywhere on that scale. Yes the Board are despised, because of long remembered comments and the arrogance of certain personalities towards fans, plus the seeming reluctance to have a plan for future succession.....but somebody's money is going in.

Nobody's happy when their team is doing badly but I can't see a big turnout either......I won't be there.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 18:37 #54 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Any protest that doesn't result in the game being called off is a total waste of time and effort.

When Blackpools game with Huddersfield was abandoned it got them hundreds of times more attention and publicity than anything they'd done previously or since

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 19:02 - 28 Nov 2019 19:06 #55 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 19:06 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 19:39 #56 by Peekaboo Flo
Replied by Peekaboo Flo on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Let’s hope potty mouth ‘Mark the red fox’ stays away then!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 19:49 #57 by United63
Replied by United63 on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Spoke with a response steward on Saturday he said anybody could call out board if they want he was not going to throw you out he was told the day after the incident with patt he was called a liar about the incident take what you want from that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
28 Nov 2019 20:26 #58 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Pattison is a bit like Jeremy Kyle when he gets a bit cocky with guests whilst hiding behind big Steve the bouncer.

A very unsavoury way to act from someone in his position but we already know what he is like and he certainly isn't going to change - in fact he probably loves the attention that he is getting from this thread.

The 'victim' hasn't come forward so is a fruitless crusade on your behalf looking for justice when the person involved clearly is not too fussed.

No doubt you will get plenty more chances to catch him in the act given that it is easy to get a bite out of him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 20:46 - 28 Nov 2019 20:46 #59 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

munchymagic wrote: The 'victim' hasn't come forward so is a fruitless crusade on your behalf looking for justice when the person involved clearly is not too fussed.


It's not just about the person who was allegedly threatened. Directors have to be professional and fans need to feel confident that they won't be physically threatened just for expressing criticism. With several people claiming they witnessed Patt challenge someone to a fight, and one saying he did report the incident despite Clibbens saying no complaint was made, the club really need to explain themselves. It's not acceptable to just try sweeping it under the carpet.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 20:46 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
28 Nov 2019 21:07 #60 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote: The 'victim' hasn't come forward so is a fruitless crusade on your behalf looking for justice when the person involved clearly is not too fussed.


It's not just about the person who was allegedly threatened. Directors have to be professional and fans need to feel confident that they won't be physically threatened just for expressing criticism. With several people claiming they witnessed Patt challenge someone to a fight, and one saying he did report the incident despite Clibbens saying no complaint was made, the club really need to explain themselves. It's not acceptable to just try sweeping it under the carpet.


As United63 also seems to have new findings perhaps this will add to your email to NC.

More importantly - what would be the ideal scenario to resolve this situation in your opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 21:27 #61 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

munchymagic wrote: More importantly - what would be the ideal scenario to resolve this situation in your opinion?


If the accusations are true, I would like Patt to just come out and be honest about it. If he said something stupid in the heat of the moment but then had the decency to apologize, I'd say fair play to the bloke. I value integrity more than perfection. If you make a mistake but have the decency to own up to it, you're a better person than someone who makes a mistake and then tries covering it up.

If he didn't challenge a fan to a fight, then they need to have an investigation into exactly what happened because that means something happened which led several fans and a response steward to all think he had done so, and that's surely a misunderstanding the club would want to avoid in future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
28 Nov 2019 21:39 #62 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

munchymagic wrote: More importantly - what would be the ideal scenario to resolve this situation in your opinion?


If the accusations are true, I would like Patt to just come out and be honest about it. If he said something stupid in the heat of the moment but then had the decency to apologize, I'd say fair play to the bloke. I value integrity more than perfection. If you make a mistake but have the decency to own up to it, you're a better person than someone who makes a mistake and then tries covering it up.

If he didn't challenge a fan to a fight, then they need to have an investigation into exactly what happened because that means something happened which led several fans and a response steward to all think he had done so, and that's surely a misunderstanding the club would want to avoid in future.


But if guilty what sort of punishment would befit the crime committed, he is hardly going to punish himself?

Maybe you could push for a donation to charity or something and a promise not to do it again.

And the fan could be involved in a publicity shot in the News And Star collecting his free ticket from Pattison, both men in a boxing stance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 22:37 #63 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote: Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.


Any response steward who doesn't just [censored] off when you tell him to get his badge number and send it to me and i promise you he.ll be out of work within 3 months. These goons need to be taught when its best to take a personal needs break.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 22:47 - 28 Nov 2019 23:10 #64 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote: Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.


Any response steward who doesn't just [censored] off when you tell him to get his badge number and send it to me and i promise you he.ll be out of work within 3 months. These goons need to be taught when its best to take a personal needs break.


What a load of rubbish you do speak. Do you really think you have any grounds to get someone sacked because you told them to [censored] off and they wouldn't? They would laugh in your face. This is not the movies, this is real life and things don't work the way you seem to think they should.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 23:10 by Kessler.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas, Peekaboo Flo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 23:29 - 28 Nov 2019 23:32 #65 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote: Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.


Any response steward who doesn't just [censored] off when you tell him to get his badge number and send it to me and i promise you he.ll be out of work within 3 months. These goons need to be taught when its best to take a personal needs break.


What a load of rubbish you do speak. Do you really think you have any grounds to get someone sacked because you told them to [censored] off and they wouldn't? They would laugh in your face. This is not the movies, this is real life and things don't work the way you seem to think they should.


Who said anything about that's how it works? Because it's simply not. All I said was get me the badge number and we.ll do the rest. All the information you need is in the public domain in your case with Carlisle City council and the SIA or whatever they call themselves this week. And as you.ve claimed in the past that you work in the industry i.m very surprised you don't know that. Why exactly do you think security staff are made to wear armbands containing their registration number ?

But then again there's a lot about you that doesn't add up isn't there Like the regularity with which you appear to change sexes on here and how if you were for real you can possibly think that your employers won't have you sussed by now and if I was SP you.d be found on the Nenthead moors one morning with two smashed knees for your little campaign on here.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 23:32 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 23:39 - 28 Nov 2019 23:41 #66 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: All I said was get me the badge number and we.ll do the rest. All the information you need is in the public domain in your case with Carlisle City council and the SIA or whatever they call themselves this week. And as you.ve claimed in the past that you work in the industry i.m very surprised you don't know that. Why exactly do you think security staff are made to wear armbands containing their registration number ?


Yes that information is available so that people can complain if they feel they were treated unfairly. But they would only get sacked if they'd actually done something wrong. What exactly would they be doing wrong in this case?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: But then again there's a lot about you that doesn't add up isn't there Like the regularity with which you appear to change sexes and how you can possibly think that your employers won't have you sussed by now and if I was SP you.d be found on the Nenthead moors one morning with two smashed knees for your little campaign on here.


You really do live in a fantasy world.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 23:41 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
28 Nov 2019 23:41 #67 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote: Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.


Any response steward who doesn't just [censored] off when you tell him to get his badge number and send it to me and i promise you he.ll be out of work within 3 months. These goons need to be taught when its best to take a personal needs break.


What a load of rubbish you do speak. Do you really think you have any grounds to get someone sacked because you told them to [censored] off and they wouldn't? They would laugh in your face. This is not the movies, this is real life and things don't work the way you seem to think they should.


Who said anything about that's how it works? Because it's simply not. All I said was get me the badge number and we.ll do the rest. All the information you need is in the public domain in your case with Carlisle City council and the SIA or whatever they call themselves this week. And as you.ve claimed in the past that you work in the industry i.m very surprised you don't know that. Why exactly do you think security staff are made to wear armbands containing their registration number ?

But then again there's a lot about you that doesn't add up isn't there Like the regularity with which you appear to change sexes on here and how if you were for real you can possibly think that your employers won't have you sussed by now and if I was SP you.d be found on the Nenthead moors one morning with two smashed knees for your little campaign on here.


They hardly employ that many stewards so good point.

Also, this protest - will Kes be involved or just observing the action whilst working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 23:42 #68 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

munchymagic wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Kessler wrote: Something to keep in mind if you are going to be directing criticism at the directors box or doing anti board chants during the match. The BOD have repeatedly said that fans are free to criticize them but not with excessive swearing. So stick to that, don't give them an easy reason to kick you out. If you are approached by response stewards be polite and explain the situation. Say that you aren't going to behave in an intimidating way and you aren't going to swear excessively, but you want to express criticism of the BOD and Clibbens and Jenkins have both claimed that they are happy to listen to criticism. If the response stewards say it isn't, ask who has given that instruction, and is there any way in which you are allowed to criticize the BOD without being kicked out.


Any response steward who doesn't just [censored] off when you tell him to get his badge number and send it to me and i promise you he.ll be out of work within 3 months. These goons need to be taught when its best to take a personal needs break.


What a load of rubbish you do speak. Do you really think you have any grounds to get someone sacked because you told them to [censored] off and they wouldn't? They would laugh in your face. This is not the movies, this is real life and things don't work the way you seem to think they should.


Who said anything about that's how it works? Because it's simply not. All I said was get me the badge number and we.ll do the rest. All the information you need is in the public domain in your case with Carlisle City council and the SIA or whatever they call themselves this week. And as you.ve claimed in the past that you work in the industry i.m very surprised you don't know that. Why exactly do you think security staff are made to wear armbands containing their registration number ?

But then again there's a lot about you that doesn't add up isn't there Like the regularity with which you appear to change sexes on here and how if you were for real you can possibly think that your employers won't have you sussed by now and if I was SP you.d be found on the Nenthead moors one morning with two smashed knees for your little campaign on here.


They hardly employ that many stewards so good point.

Also, this protest - will Kes be involved or just observing the action whilst working?


I already said I'd be kicking out everyone not showing enough loyalty to Mr Jenkins munch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 23:57 #69 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: All I said was get me the badge number and we.ll do the rest. All the information you need is in the public domain in your case with Carlisle City council and the SIA or whatever they call themselves this week. And as you.ve claimed in the past that you work in the industry i.m very surprised you don't know that. Why exactly do you think security staff are made to wear armbands containing their registration number ?


Yes that information is available so that people can complain if they feel they were treated unfairly. But they would only get sacked if they'd actually done something wrong. What exactly would they be doing wrong in this case?

Oh grow up and come and live in the real world

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: But then again there's a lot about you that doesn't add up isn't there Like the regularity with which you appear to change sexes and how you can possibly think that your employers won't have you sussed by now and if I was SP you.d be found on the Nenthead moors one morning with two smashed knees for your little campaign on here.


You really do live in a fantasy world.


Aye dead right You clearly know nothing about me, how I earn a living, the people I mix with and what I do for fun. So dont go making assumptions about somebody you know nothing about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 00:07 - 29 Nov 2019 00:12 #70 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Oh grow up and come and live in the real world


The person wouldn't be in any trouble if your complaint against them was just that you told them to [censored] off and they said no. I think it's right that security have to wear badges for accountability because sometimes you get thugs who abuse their power, but why do you think they would be out of a job if they did nothing wrong?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Aye dead right You clearly know nothing about me, how I earn a living, the people I mix with and what I do for fun. So dont go making assumptions about somebody you know nothing about.


You say that you mix with all these people but I don't think you'd be bragging about it if you actually did.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 00:12 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 02:08 #71 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Oh grow up and come and live in the real world


The person wouldn't be in any trouble if your complaint against them was just that you told them to [censored] off and they said no. I think it's right that security have to wear badges for accountability because sometimes you get thugs who abuse their power, but why do you think they would be out of a job if they did nothing wrong?

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Aye dead right You clearly know nothing about me, how I earn a living, the people I mix with and what I do for fun. So dont go making assumptions about somebody you know nothing about.


You say that you mix with all these people but I don't think you'd be bragging about it if you actually did.


I.m not bragging about it i.m just proving to you that you don't work in the industries I do now and have in the past. Do you think you can run a chain of 20 rough community pubs across the wildest parts of the North-West for 10years without having access to people who can solve your problems for you? I got very lucky and was introduced to a family on Merseyside the head of that family took a shine to me and i still speak to her over 20 years later. And in the game i.m in now you really need to have the front to operate but you also have to have access to people who can back you up if you need them to and the political stuff we get involved in is just like going to the match in the old days but I do have to say it was even better the Bristol insurance man was throwing the cash around.. I've had petrol poured thru my letterbox [Now Don't get any ideas i don't have a letterbox anymore and i do have strengthened triple glazed windows and good 8 camera cctv system ]

So as I say you really don't know the first thing about me do you?

I bet Laffy is loving me coming back on here to take the heat off him a bit. But you really should take up his invite of a day with the hunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 02:15 - 29 Nov 2019 02:28 #72 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: So as I say you really don't know the first thing about me do you?


I don't but some of the things you say seem very unrealistic.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 02:28 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 03:00 #73 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: So as I say you really don't know the first thing about me do you?


I don't but some of the things you say seem very unrealistic.


Well as I say you come across as somebody not experienced in the ways of the world and don't seem to understand there are people who have a different way of life and outlook on life and whats "unrealistic" to you is perfectly normal to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
29 Nov 2019 05:33 #74 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Yes, because it's perfectly normal to actually believe you're living in a Preston version of Goodfellas.

Do you still have your season ticket at Deepdale?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 10:20 - 29 Nov 2019 10:25 #75 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Well as I say you come across as somebody not experienced in the ways of the world and don't seem to understand there are people who have a different way of life and outlook on life and whats "unrealistic" to you is perfectly normal to me.


It isn't normal to most people. Most people don't go on about beating others up or intimidating them. You come across as a bit unhinged and for someone who seems to view violence as a normal way of life, you didn't seem to like being on the receiving end when Fred Story allegedly had you beaten up.

Let's get back on topic though because the BOD are the only ones who will benefit if the original protest talk gets forgotten amidst our spirited discussion.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 10:25 by Kessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 16:06 #76 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: Yes, because it's perfectly normal to actually believe you're living in a Preston version of Goodfellas.

Do you still have your season ticket at Deepdale?


Keep up Piggy I haven't lived in Preston for 15 years

And i.ve never had a season ticket at Deepdale full stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 16:20 #77 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Well as I say you come across as somebody not experienced in the ways of the world and don't seem to understand there are people who have a different way of life and outlook on life and whats "unrealistic" to you is perfectly normal to me.


It isn't normal to most people. Most people don't go on about beating others up or intimidating them. You come across as a bit unhinged and for someone who seems to view violence as a normal way of life, you didn't seem to like being on the receiving end when Fred Story allegedly had you beaten up.

Let's get back on topic though because the BOD are the only ones who will benefit if the original protest talk gets forgotten amidst our spirited discussion.


No, you're right I didn't but not for any reason you.ve thought of. I.d have respected him a lot more if hed come and had a go himself instead of sending 4 goons to do it and then at least having the balls to admit that he.d done it rather than promoting the sanctimonious shit that came gushing out of his daughters mouth every time she opened it claiming what nice people they were despite hundreds of people across the county [ inc one of this board's mods who had personal experience to the contrary ] knowing the real story after all don't forget this is the man who persecuted a club director while their partner was going thru the final stages of cancer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 16:28 #78 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: Yes, because it's perfectly normal to actually believe you're living in a Preston version of Goodfellas.

Do you still have your season ticket at Deepdale?


Oh and while i.m at it

If JC didn't give you a hiding at Doncaster then who did ?

Because last night I spoke to one of the lads I was there with and he.s willing to swear that when you walked off that side street onto the main road youd definitely taken a good hiding no more than a few minutes before and from what I can remember didn't you go back to the pub where your mates were telling them all about what the big bad Irishman had done to you ? That was certainly the story at the time but you seem to have forgotten just how near we were to the action.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 16:29 #79 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: I.d have respected him a lot more if hed come and had a go himself


Don't understand that. How could you have respect for anyone who attacked you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
29 Nov 2019 17:56 #80 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
In Doncaster that day I'd been dropping a spare ticket off to a lad in a pub (the name of the pub escapes me), near the racecourse. Mate I worked with at the time couldn't make the trip.

From memory I went straight to the ground after the incident, not another pub. I was actually at the game with CCU, amongst others, maybe you should ask him if it looked like I'd taken any sort of "hiding" that afternoon.

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 18:05 - 29 Nov 2019 18:18 #81 by borderterrier
Replied by borderterrier on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
JC never touched Piglet because I prevented. JC from doing so. The only blow landed was on the back of my head approximately 6 I would think. I have reminded him on numerous occasions much to his embarrassment. So please, stop bickering on about nothing.

It is my belief that CUFC is owned and run by CLUBKILLERS
Last edit: 29 Nov 2019 18:18 by borderterrier. Reason: Dictiion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
29 Nov 2019 18:55 #82 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I didn't want to go into details, or name you as a witness BT, but thanks for clarifying.

For the record, by the end of the Conference season we'd amicably settled our differences in fully civilised fashion. In fact, at half time in our defeat at home to Forest Green I couldn't escape from him under C Stand. He spent the entirety of the break giving me his views on the trust and certain messageboarders who shall remain nameless.

I might be wrong, but I reckon ultimately he respected the fact I stood behind my opinions and was not afraid to say what I thought was wrong at the club while everyone else (literally online - apart from Traincard) was falling over themselves to fawn and kiss his ar5e. Maybe it would've worked out differently for the bloke if more people locally had been genuine and honest with him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 19:22 #83 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: I didn't want to go into details, or name you as a witness BT, but thanks for clarifying.

For the record, by the end of the Conference season we'd amicably settled our differences in fully civilised fashion. In fact, at half time in our defeat at home to Forest Green I couldn't escape from him under C Stand. He spent the entirety of the break giving me his views on the trust and certain messageboarders who shall remain nameless.

I might be wrong, but I reckon ultimately he respected the fact I stood behind my opinions and was not afraid to say what I thought was wrong at the club while everyone else (literally online - apart from Traincard) was falling over themselves to fawn and kiss his ar5e. Maybe it would've worked out differently for the bloke if more people locally had been genuine and honest with him.


Well at least there's something we agree on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 19:28 #84 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
I once saw Courtenay holding court in the Griffin I think it was with a few of those 'arse kissers'. Not sure if Barry was there! :-D

It wasn't a pretty sight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 19:54 #85 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

nobbyblue wrote: I once saw Courtenay holding court in the Griffin I think it was with a few of those 'arse kissers'. Not sure if Barry was there! :-D

It wasn't a pretty sight.


Don't believe i.ve ever been in the Griffin with JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 19:57 #86 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
Just to clarify.. no one's arsed lads eh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 08:55 #87 by bigboblee
Replied by bigboblee on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
If this post was designed to boost protest numbers I think it might be a little bit counter productive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 11:15 #88 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

paddockite wrote: Banners, chants, media interest. Action before, during, and after the game (I'm sure people will disagree and have there own ideas). Let's try and get this to snowball. It's been tried before, unsuccessfully (reasons for that), let's make this different.


Have you thought about contacting Jon Colman and asking if he could put it in the news a week or a few days before the protest to raise awareness and hopefully get more people attending?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 11:19 #89 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
What is JC up to now? He would love a good protest I'd imagine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 11:25 #90 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
If we lose the next two games there'll be no body there to protest!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 19:41 #91 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
If we draw a big club at home tomorrow I would not be surprised if the club announced that those with a ticket stub for the Grimsby game would get priority for tickets after season ticket holders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
01 Dec 2019 19:47 #92 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
It will be Norwich or Villa :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:30 #93 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Flatcap wrote: If we draw a big club at home tomorrow I would not be surprised if the club announced that those with a ticket stub for the Grimsby game would get priority for tickets after season ticket holders.


Or we could have a real laugh and announce that stub holders have priority over season ticket holders.

That.ll teach em for propping up grandfather Jenkins busted regime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 17:03 #94 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Flatcap wrote: If we draw a big club at home tomorrow I would not be surprised if the club announced that those with a ticket stub for the Grimsby game would get priority for tickets after season ticket holders.


Or we could have a real laugh and announce that stub holders have priority over season ticket holders.

That.ll teach em for propping up grandfather Jenkins busted regime.


Bump.


Just want to keep this fresh in everybodys mind. I really hope there will be a lot of people at this protest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 17:08 #95 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
When is it?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
06 Dec 2019 17:25 #96 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
The funny side of this is that the person organising the protest could be the same person chucking folk out of the stadium MRF style if they don't like the cut of your jib.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 17:36 #97 by Sammy Taylor
Replied by Sammy Taylor on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*
And what`s it gonna achieve?........Sweet FA.

Succession of the club is already a done deal with EWM.

It`s just a case of when.

Then and only then will the BOD move aside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 18:52 #98 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Sammy Taylor wrote: And what`s it gonna achieve?........Sweet FA.


I do understand the apathy and I can see why people might think there is no point in a protest but what's the alternative? By the time EWM properly takes over the crowds could have dropped even more, and once those people have all found something else to do on a weekend they might not come back. We can moan about the BOD on here which definitely won't achieve anything, or we can protest against them which still might not achieve anything, but it has a better chance of working. The BOD are killing the club, but the fans are sitting back and letting them do it. If you love your club and want to save it, please consider coming to a protest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 21:16 #99 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

Kessler wrote:

Sammy Taylor wrote: And what`s it gonna achieve?........Sweet FA.


I do understand the apathy and I can see why people might think there is no point in a protest but what's the alternative? By the time EWM properly takes over the crowds could have dropped even more, and once those people have all found something else to do on a weekend they might not come back. We can moan about the BOD on here which definitely won't achieve anything, or we can protest against them which still might not achieve anything, but it has a better chance of working. The BOD are killing the club, but the fans are sitting back and letting them do it. If you love your club and want to save it, please consider coming to a protest.


Or we could just arrange some proper direct action against the [censored] and drive them and their families out of the city once and for all instead of pissing about with with meaningles protests that wont even include getting the game abandoned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 21:50 #100 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic *PROTEST - 14TH DECEMBER vs GRIMSBY*

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Or we could just arrange some proper direct action against the [censored] and drive them and their families out of the city once and for all instead of pissing about with with meaningles protests that wont even include getting the game abandoned.


If by direct action you mean the usual keyboard warrior rubbish you come out with, then no. The real world is not an action movie and things just don't work the way you seem to think they do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.686 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.