Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

  • Onlyfoolsandhorses
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
11 Jan 2020 17:38 #1 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts was created by Onlyfoolsandhorses
It’s looking like a jimmy glass miracle will be needed and I bet there will be riots if we go down and the demonstrations should start now not when we’re at last game of the season.

Surely they must be worried, January will be a massive month in more was than one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Onlyfoolsandhorses
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
11 Jan 2020 17:48 #2 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Local Press scared to ask the real questions to the responsible ones.

Will they be asking questions when we are relegated ...a lot will be asked

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • rodthomas’sdreadlock
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
11 Jan 2020 17:51 #3 by rodthomas’sdreadlock
Replied by rodthomas’sdreadlock on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Onlyfoolsandhorses wrote: Local Press scared to ask the real questions to the responsible ones.

Will they be asking questions when we are relegated ...a lot will be asked

You’re right there, ever since EWM got involved the club has gone backwards, all their money does is prop up these jokers in charge of the club. If EWM and Day aren’t willing to invest in the club I’d rather not have them involved
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue, NORTHERNSOUL, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 17:53 #4 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Onlyfoolsandhorses wrote: Local Press scared to ask the real questions to the responsible ones.

Will they be asking questions when we are relegated ...a lot will be asked


I disagree. No one can claim that John Colman doesn't ask real questions. Radio Cumbria say they're always asking for interviews.

The problem is they're not prepared to be interviewed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Onlyfoolsandhorses
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
11 Jan 2020 18:01 #5 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
How long do we keep going until everyone and I mean everyone all realises this is deep s@it,
the next 8 games are games I can’t see us winning but hold on everyone let’s get excited about the fa cup, [censored] that cup
A lot of people criticised the Abbott era but god that football is absolutely miles away from this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 18:23 #6 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Bluedazblue wrote:

Onlyfoolsandhorses wrote: Local Press scared to ask the real questions to the responsible ones.

Will they be asking questions when we are relegated ...a lot will be asked


I disagree. No one can claim that John Colman doesn't ask real questions. Radio Cumbria say they're always asking for interviews.

The problem is they're not prepared to be interviewed.


Phillips hasn't a [censored] clue He just says Jenkins refuses to speak to the press

Well, James when was the last time you were on his doorstep at 7am ?

And if he brushes you off then straight back to the office and edit into a 3-minute piece for every news bulletin for 48 hours that makes him look like the absolute [censored] that he is.

Thing is it ain't going to happen while his boss is a vice president of the club is it ? Unbiased media my arse
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Onlyfoolsandhorses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Onlyfoolsandhorses
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
11 Jan 2020 18:25 #7 by Onlyfoolsandhorses
Replied by Onlyfoolsandhorses on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Brilliant point....get an interview when least expected....start being a pest and get them knowing how much this club earns to the fans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 19:59 #8 by Laffy
Evening Piglet

You’re right-the club won’t die but it is sliding backwards, slowly but surely.We are propped up by two or three clubs who don’t have an EWM to keep the fire burning as without them, we would be in admin.

Mediocrity actually looks attractive at the moment-probably amazing for DH who has rewritten the book on assembling a poor team with manager.

I’m not sure PD would like being called an asset stripper by James Phillips tonight on RC.I would have thought ‘bottom fisher and smart’ more appropriate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 06:54 #9 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Laffy wrote: Evening Piglet

You’re right-the club won’t die but it is sliding backwards, slowly but surely.We are propped up by two or three clubs who don’t have an EWM to keep the fire burning as without them, we would be in admin.

Mediocrity actually looks attractive at the moment-probably amazing for DH who has rewritten the book on assembling a poor team with manager.

I’m not sure PD would like being called an asset stripper by James Phillips tonight on RC.I would have thought ‘bottom fisher and smart’ more appropriate.


So what would we wish any "new owner" to do?

Top of my list would be to get a manager in who they had faith knew what they were doing.

Then I'd expect the "new owner" to come up with resources to help their chosen incumbent improve the team.

So what do I see happening now?

They've replaced an underperforming manager with a new man - and they've backed him with resources to improve the team.

Aside from overnight success, what more could I ask for?

It's true, someone with zero experience and who has clearly a lot to learn as a manager wouldn't have been my choice - but then, it has to be said - I'm not a billionaire either (at least, not yet). So who knows whether it's the correct choice or not?

The point is, one set of owners are much the same as any other set of owners. All any different set of owners could do would be more of the same - or worse.

The community and the city get the club they deserve, at the end of the day. Why should you expect anyone else to invest in a club when as a "supporter" you're not prepared to invest in the club and support it yourself?

As you slide to in your post - we're lucky to have a billionaire propping our club up . It's a shame some of our so called "supporters" couldn't show the same commitment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 07:35 #10 by Laffy
Ah-so it’s my fault.And David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others who are simply not prepared to prop up the junta.I get it now-thanks Piglet.

Like it or lump it Piglet, the club is decaying-not terminally, but relegation could be one too far for it.Worth reading the David Allen rant when he got out of Dodge-it looks visionary now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 08:04 #11 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Piglet why should he put money into the club if it will just enable the current regime to cling on for longer? You say that one group of owners are the same as any other, but I don't think that's true. The current owners have such a fractured relationship with fans, it's pushed many people away and driven attendances down. I think it's beyond the point of repair, there are many who simply won't come to matches as long as Jenkins Nixon and Patt are at the club. New owners would start on a clean slate, I think many fans would welcome a change and would return and give the new owners a chance.

It's all very well to talk about support the club but I fear any kind of improvement or progression is impossible with the current BOD. It's just keeping the club on life support with no actual opportunity of recovery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 08:09 #12 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
The community and the city get the club they deserve, at the end of the day. Why should you expect anyone else to invest in a club when as a "supporter" you're not prepared to invest in the club and support it yourself?

You dont arf talk some drivel piglet!! When will the likes of you board loving fookers realise that if the BOD had the decency to walk away from the club and give a consortium of FORWARD THINKING AMBITIOUS BUSINESSMEN a chance then they would actually see crowds return then we will get the club the City and community deserve but it will never happen while them 3 w@nkers are in charge!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 08:20 #13 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Laffy wrote: Ah-so it’s my fault.And David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others who are simply not prepared to prop up the junta.I get it now-thanks Piglet.

Like it or lump it Piglet, the club is decaying-not terminally, but relegation could be one too far for it.Worth reading the David Allen rant when he got out of Dodge-it looks visionary now.


I support the club whoever is running it. It was here long before Nixon and Co were born and will still be here when they’re dead.

I don’t think anybody should be made to feel bad for going to watch their team. If you, David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others don’t want to go to matches that’s up to you but coming on here pontificating you’re somehow superior because of your stand doesn’t impress me.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 08:22 #14 by Laffy
As we have seen in other clubs, investors prepared to pay off debts incurred by the previous encumbants are rather thin on the ground.I use the word investors in its loosest sense because you don’t put money in to see it come out-but you do want to see your money used by the club to improve, not just pay off old and dead debt.

Selling the young lad may see the debt repaid, at least some of it.That could be a catalyst for change.The danger is it just prolongs the status quo.

As Kes says, for many it’s a relationship that is broken and highly unlikely to be repaired and it’s not just about the money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 10:17 #15 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Some people got far too carried away after last weeks draw at Cardiff...do folk never learn... ?One good result has always been followed up by utter shitness... Its been a clear pattern for goodness knows how long ..

Onto Oldham next week which is an important game..They maybe slightly deflated after a late Macc goal yestetday but will be out to pull sway from that danger zone..Either way it will be a very tough watch. Stevenage are bound to pick up a win or 2 soon so its very very worrying that we could be in that bottom battle. But s8me need to take their rose tinted specs off on here...its really bad and no its not acceptable yet folk clap utter shite off the pitch which i will never get my head around..but we all know nothing will change till its a clean slate and a clear out if people who hold the club back. There is no time for sentiment with Jenkins love ins bla bla.. He has been part of the problem for years along with the other hanger onners.. Reading about him telling fans to shhh is pathetic...i wouldnt tolerate his arrogance and why should fans who pay good money be silenced by a senile old bugger who should be nowhere near the club?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Wukkie, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 11:18 #16 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

nobbyblue wrote: I support the club whoever is running it. It was here long before Nixon and Co were born and will still be here when they’re dead.

I don’t think anybody should be made to feel bad for going to watch their team. If you, David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others don’t want to go to matches that’s up to you but coming on here pontificating you’re somehow superior because of your stand doesn’t impress me.


Are you sure it will be here after they gone? If we drop into non league we might not recover from that, by the time they go it might be too late.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 11:21 #17 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

markredfox73 wrote: Some people got far too carried away after last weeks draw at Cardiff...do folk never learn... ?One good result has always been followed up by utter shitness... Its been a clear pattern for goodness knows how long ..

Onto Oldham next week which is an important game..They maybe slightly deflated after a late Macc goal yestetday but will be out to pull sway from that danger zone..Either way it will be a very tough watch. Stevenage are bound to pick up a win or 2 soon so its very very worrying that we could be in that bottom battle. But s8me need to take their rose tinted specs off on here...its really bad and no its not acceptable yet folk clap utter shite off the pitch which i will never get my head around..but we all know nothing will change till its a clean slate and a clear out if people who hold the club back. There is no time for sentiment with Jenkins love ins bla bla.. He has been part of the problem for years along with the other hanger onners.. Reading about him telling fans to shhh is pathetic...i wouldnt tolerate his arrogance and why should fans who pay good money be silenced by a senile old bugger who should be nowhere near the club?


I've got a little bit of respect for Jenkins in that I think he does genuinely want what's best for the club. But he needs to see that the best thing for the club would be for him and the other directors to leave. I have no respect whatsoever for Nixon and Patt, parasites and utterly toxic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 11:35 #18 by Lakelandterrier
Replied by Lakelandterrier on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Kessler wrote:

markredfox73 wrote: Some people got far too carried away after last weeks draw at Cardiff...do folk never learn... ?One good result has always been followed up by utter shitness... Its been a clear pattern for goodness knows how long ..

Onto Oldham next week which is an important game..They maybe slightly deflated after a late Macc goal yestetday but will be out to pull sway from that danger zone..Either way it will be a very tough watch. Stevenage are bound to pick up a win or 2 soon so its very very worrying that we could be in that bottom battle. But s8me need to take their rose tinted specs off on here...its really bad and no its not acceptable yet folk clap utter shite off the pitch which i will never get my head around..but we all know nothing will change till its a clean slate and a clear out if people who hold the club back. There is no time for sentiment with Jenkins love ins bla bla.. He has been part of the problem for years along with the other hanger onners.. Reading about him telling fans to shhh is pathetic...i wouldnt tolerate his arrogance and why should fans who pay good money be silenced by a senile old bugger who should be nowhere near the club?


I've got a little bit of respect for Jenkins in that I think he does genuinely want what's best for the club. But he needs to see that the best thing for the club would be for him and the other directors to leave. I have no respect whatsoever for Nixon and Patt, parasites and utterly toxic.



He doesnt want whats best for the club. This is his second time at runmingbthe club down.
Unforgivable.

Cumbrian and Proud
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Wukkie, Croydonblue, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 11:42 #19 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I think Jenkins does want what he thinks is best for the club. Only his idea of what’s best for the club and the reality are two different things.

The fact he said in the fans forum that we’ve had success in recent years by drawing Everton in the cup and getting in the playoffs suggests that he thinks everything is great. He said he thinks the club is well run. He’s not bothered what league we’re in or about promotion as long as we stay up and get a decent cup draw so we can keep plodding along. If we get relegated we get relegated, as long as we still have a club he’s doing a great job. That’s what he thinks by “what’s best for the club”, keeping the club going.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 11:51 #20 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

crunchblue wrote: I think Jenkins does want what he thinks is best for the club. Only his idea of what’s best for the club and the reality are two different things.

The fact he said in the fans forum that we’ve had success in recent years by drawing Everton in the cup and getting in the playoffs suggests that he thinks everything is great. He said he thinks the club is well run. He’s not bothered what league we’re in or about promotion as long as we stay up and get a decent cup draw so we can keep plodding along. If we get relegated we get relegated, as long as we still have a club he’s doing a great job. That’s what he thinks by “what’s best for the club”, keeping the club going.


Yeah, I don't Jenkins would spend so much of his life associated with the club unless he truly supported it. I think he would be hurt to think that once he's dead, Carlisle fans will remember him as the man who destroyed the club. But unless something changes, I think that is exactly the legacy he will be known for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 12:55 #21 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I get that you’re an attention seeker Timmy who says things looking for a response rather than actually believing what you’re saying, with this in mind I wouldn’t normally bite but with this comment I couldn’t resist.

“The point is, one set of owners are much the same as any other set of owners. All any different set of owners could do would be more of the same - or worse.”

The single most stupid thing I’ve ever read on here, bar none.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 13:14 #22 by CUFC52
Imo Beech will fail...

Not a reflection on him as a manager though.

Only thing that could of turned us round was somehow getting a proven successful manager the likes of Tisdale won’t come though...

Or

You get a Bridges esk character and hope the good will fans show will be enough to help turn things around.

Reality is wed of been safer asking McDonald’s to look after your cow than asking Pattinson Jenkins and Nixon to look after your football club.

Would a final nail in the coffin (relegation) see them mentioned in the same breath as Knighton ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 16:01 #23 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

nobbyblue wrote:

Laffy wrote: Ah-so it’s my fault.And David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others who are simply not prepared to prop up the junta.I get it now-thanks Piglet.

Like it or lump it Piglet, the club is decaying-not terminally, but relegation could be one too far for it.Worth reading the David Allen rant when he got out of Dodge-it looks visionary now.


I support the club whoever is running it. It was here long before Nixon and Co were born and will still be here when they’re dead.

I don’t think anybody should be made to feel bad for going to watch their team. If you, David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others don’t want to go to matches that’s up to you but coming on here pontificating you’re somehow superior because of your stand doesn’t impress me.


You've hit the nail bang on the point there, Nobby.

If you genuinely care about the club, what's the best way to support it?

Is it to boycott games, do your best to talk the club down at every opportunity, stir up discontent and encourage other fans not to attend matches? What does this achieve?

With lower crowds and less income - the club is more likely to fail, the quality of product more likely to decline and the club becomes overall a much less investable proposition. You're not going to achieve anything by this approach - unless the club fails utterly. Why would you want this? What price is worth paying for the removal of Jenkins & EWM? I understand Laffy's motivation (it's the same as Mileson's was) - he wants the club to fail so he can waltz in and pick it up for free. But you can't call yourself a supporter - nobody can - if you're prepared to destroy the club to make a political point.

As a supporter does it really matter that much to you who is in the directors box? If (If) there's a team which entertains you and wins football matches - why would you care who's sitting in the chairman's seat?

We're lucky EWM doesn't tell us to stuff it with the mentality of some our supporters. A couple of defeats and the toys come right out of the pram with the anti-club types in a fit about "decay", "death" and "decline".

This is no way to support a football club. When the club is struggling what's the best way, as a community, to improve things and facilitate change? It's not to stay away from Brunton Park but precisely the opposite. What's the best way to get EWM and Day more invested in making things a success? More supporters through the gates is a win for everyone - it means we can invest more in the team - and with healthy finances wealth attracts wealth.

This is why the city and community get the club they deserve. Sitting around waiting for "a group of progressive businessmen" to turn up and wipe you arse for you is utterly futile and counter productive. As supporters we have the power to make the club a success ourselves.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123, aberdeenblue28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:06 #24 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
And that's what your doing is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:21 #25 by Laffy
They turned up Pig-several times, yet the only one that ticked the box was a pizza guzzling foreigner who had never been to Carlisle.Oh how they took that one hook line and sinker.So much for looking after the Club.

Not sure I’ve been compared to Mileson-praise indeed not.He screwed the club up by leaving a 25.4pc hand grenade with the Trust.

The reality of your analogy is that there aren’t enough fans in Carlisle to make a big difference to the finances-and with the Club debt guaranteed by AJ and JN, we know who has first call on surplus cash.I would have sympathy with your arguments if they came out and said it all written off-EWM the lot.

I don’t go because the football is shocking.If it makes you feel better, I will send them £50 a week to cover me and my two sons absence.

Meanwhile, when was the last time you actually saw a game at BP?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:37 #26 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
10 years of decline under the present 3 amigo's, the football is shocking, facilities and match day experience shocking, present ambition shocking!! should I go on?? I have no intention of going to a game while them 3 are in charge!! relegation might be the key, and if its true that EWM have an agreement that they take full ownership should this happen then let it happen, the trust should be asking if such agreement is in place or do they know about it and if so tell the fans what it is and it might explain the reluctance of an EWM investment into the squad as why would you want to put money into a side while 3 t@ss pots laud it up!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73, Croydonblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:43 #27 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Piglet_Phoenix wrote:

nobbyblue wrote:

Laffy wrote: Ah-so it’s my fault.And David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others who are simply not prepared to prop up the junta.I get it now-thanks Piglet.

Like it or lump it Piglet, the club is decaying-not terminally, but relegation could be one too far for it.Worth reading the David Allen rant when he got out of Dodge-it looks visionary now.


I support the club whoever is running it. It was here long before Nixon and Co were born and will still be here when they’re dead.

I don’t think anybody should be made to feel bad for going to watch their team. If you, David Allen,Robin Brown,MRF,Barry and others don’t want to go to matches that’s up to you but coming on here pontificating you’re somehow superior because of your stand doesn’t impress me.


You've hit the nail bang on the point there, Nobby.

If you genuinely care about the club, what's the best way to support it?

Is it to boycott games, do your best to talk the club down at every opportunity, stir up discontent and encourage other fans not to attend matches? What does this achieve?

With lower crowds and less income - the club is more likely to fail, the quality of product more likely to decline and the club becomes overall a much less investable proposition. You're not going to achieve anything by this approach - unless the club fails utterly. Why would you want this? What price is worth paying for the removal of Jenkins & EWM? I understand Laffy's motivation (it's the same as Mileson's was) - he wants the club to fail so he can waltz in and pick it up for free. But you can't call yourself a supporter - nobody can - if you're prepared to destroy the club to make a political point.

As a supporter does it really matter that much to you who is in the directors box? If (If) there's a team which entertains you and wins football matches - why would you care who's sitting in the chairman's seat?

We're lucky EWM doesn't tell us to stuff it with the mentality of some our supporters. A couple of defeats and the toys come right out of the pram with the anti-club types in a fit about "decay", "death" and "decline".

This is no way to support a football club. When the club is struggling what's the best way, as a community, to improve things and facilitate change? It's not to stay away from Brunton Park but precisely the opposite. What's the best way to get EWM and Day more invested in making things a success? More supporters through the gates is a win for everyone - it means we can invest more in the team - and with healthy finances wealth attracts wealth.

This is why the city and community get the club they deserve. Sitting around waiting for "a group of progressive businessmen" to turn up and wipe you arse for you is utterly futile and counter productive. As supporters we have the power to make the club a success ourselves.



The best thing the fans could do would be to have a whip-round for a hitman and then negotiate a three for the price of one deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:49 #28 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Maybe make it four. They could take out one of them Trust blokes while they are at it! :-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 16:52 #29 by orfc
EWM is similar to the metal poles holding my rotting garden fence up. My neighbour thinks the fence is fine as it is being propped up, I think the fact it needs propping up means it needs replacing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 17:13 #30 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Laffy, show me evidence you're sending the club £50 a week. Until then, I won't believe it (Phil Bonnyman).

And as for your assertion there aren't enough supporters to make a difference - that's nonsense clearly.

The potential of the club is there for all to see - as supporters of the club we each have an equal responsibility and a part to play in realising this potential.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 17:57 #31 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
The potential of the club is there for all to see - as supporters of the club we each have an equal responsibility and a part to play in realising this potential.[/quote]

If the potential is so clear and obvious as you state, why then is there not a queue of serious investors lining up down Warwick road ready to invest? The potential is nowhere near as big as you claim it is, the good old days of big crowds are so long gone, most on here will not remember them. I can remember warwick road being at a standstill at the end of matches but I'm an old git and that was a long time ago. Those days are a long gone and very unlikely to ever return. Arresting our slide towards the trap door is about far more than our crowds returning to upwards of five or six thousand average gates, the club itself displays no ambition to persuade the fans back, you seem to advocate some sort of blind faith while sat comfortably on your sofa thousands of miles away, those who have voted with their feet need more than is currently offered by the club, blind faith is in short supply...

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 18:08 #32 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
As I'm saying, Pasty, the city and community ultimately get the club they deserve.

Being a supporter involves sticking with your team during the times of struggle not just the salad days.

Are EWM not a serious investor? Just how wealthy do you expect a billionaire backer to be before you class them as "serious"? They're not involved with the club on a whim - Day is a successful businessman for a reason.

The potential of our club at this level was demonstrated amply by the MK Dons match only last season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:19 #33 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Carlisle has gone past the hope of investment as EWM have the royal flush!! and they know it, the sad facts are the present 3 amigos are not prepared to let there stake in the club go, if they had 1 ounce of decency wipe the debt and sell for 3 pun the exact figure they paid for the club, let a new consortium come in and deal with EWM and try and move the club forward, we as a City shouldn't be down the lower regions of league 2 we have the catchment area to push towards the Championship but feel the damage is done and will take a lot of repairing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 18:24 #34 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Well, as Mr Day hasn't deemed us fans worthy of his presence at a game or even come out into the open and communicated with the fans/public, I'm not convinced he's an investor. Investing to me means putting funding in place to improve and better the club/business, you'll argue that this is what he is doing, I will disagree with you. I agree, we got a big crowd against MK but what have the club done since to sustain that? Nothing is the answer. Yes, real fans do stick with it through thick and thin, I've done so over the years but it's getting harder to do, you can't rely on blind faith alone, you need to keep the floaters engaged and the club at present is clearly incapable of doing this, even with the "investment" by EWM. You're very keen on telling others what they should or shouldn't be doing while sat on your sofa, perhaps you should come home and lead the resurgence you seem so sure could be acheived so easily....

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:30 #35 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Brunton, I think its common knowledge that PD is not a football man and a begging call off the 3 Amigo's resulted in his involvement he is clever enough to make his investment in the club beneficial to EWM, Phil Day is not the problem its the present 3 amigos that are, the faster people realise this and they are removed we may then see the club progress and move on!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 18:32 #36 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I know this Daz, you know this Daz, Piggy seems to know better than us though, as per usual.......

They don't like it up 'em!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dazwacky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:36 #37 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I think Piggy is Luka Magnotta AKA the Canadian cat Killer LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 18:37 #38 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I don't blame Day for not engaging directly, he's sat in the directors box often enough and will understand the crack.

Why would he want to make himself a target for the gobby minority who go to games and the anti-club types on here?

I respect the fact he's doing things in an understated manner, and fully appreciate his desire to keep himself out of the firing line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:39 #39 by Laffy
The club has potential-we all know that Pig.But under the leadership of winners, not feeble, self serving ineptitude.

I can assure you PD is not interested in taking this on.He is the bank and inserted John Jackson to manage the account in the vacuum that is the current management team.Even his loan instrument is a banking precedent document from his lawyers and the nominal debt conversion is a sideshow.The 2019 accounts,to be filed on the last possible day, will confirm.

PD is his own man-he will decide who takes this on and when.Meantime, John Jackson will be briefing him on two things;

-the balance sheet ie loan position

-Branthwaite and other windfalls

I wouldn’t be surprised if he asks DH and Dobbinson to take it on-once the loans are repaid by windfalls and there is clear evidence the club can stand alone without support.Meantime, the current board are a patsy board, a firewall to take the heat.

The problem for fans is the total inertia in the meantime.The blood is being sucked out of the club and even the cup run is struggling to inspire.That is a sure sign that fans, even die hard ones, are fed up.

I like taking my boys to the match.They don’t want to go because the football is utter rubbish and we lose every week.A winning team makes a difference to young kids and you can’t drag them there.You mentioned a ‘couple of results’ forming a view.I suggest you look at the bigger picture, starting with the league table.We are cannon fodder.

I will send my £50 a week to charity.Sense is my favourite-deaf and blind kids.Much more deserving than this shower.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dazwacky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 18:41 #40 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Hearts and minds Piggy, hearts and minds.... If the support doesn't see a figurehead there to lead them, why should they offer their support? Who do they offer their support to? The current three?

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:45 #41 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
I'm getting my popcorn as Piggy's reply to Laffy will be long! he might even claim he sat on Jimmy Sav's lap as a kid yaa never know but it wont be nice!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:54 #42 by Laffy
Yes-it will be a punch up.

Donate £50 per week to SENSE or £50 per week to the dead loan repayment fund.

Should I be grooming my two boys-one a budding tennis star(he says) to embrace the glory of weekly BP defeat or let them decide what to do on a Saturday afternoon?

MK was a leader and my God we got behind him.Trouble was he had no cash but if he had, we would be in a different place.Instead,we have the Famous 5, two blinded by celebrity but no cash, the other three indulging in self interest but now locked into a strangle called a personally guaranteed loan.

Try explaining that to a 14 year old and a 10 year old.MK was pure-we are going to win and progress to the PL.Might have been deluded but it was bloody fun and most of us lived the dream for a while.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:59 #43 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Yes we can call MK whatever! but Wembley 1995 was my greatest ever football day and I'm so grateful to that man for making it happen!! hail MK at least he had AMBITION ;-)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, NORTHERNSOUL, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
12 Jan 2020 19:01 #44 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
That's the point, knighton, courteney, Story. The fans were able to get behind them, it didn't always go well but, there was a figurehead that was showing leadership, Philip Day isn't doing this and is unlikely to in the future by the looks of it. So, what are we left with? a rudderless ship, a lack of direction, currently not taking on too much water but, how long will or can this situation continue?

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:17 #45 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
The current lot are losing a whole generation of supporters. Last season I saw young kids in Carlisle cinema at 3.30 home game, the slight interest is there but nothing to entice them back.

We are in the 3rd round of FA cup Wednesday, replay, but you’ll be lucky if there’s 3000 there. Even with the draw, if that doesn’t ring alarm bells that somethings wrong I don’t know what will.

Laffy s right. Patty is involved only for his own celebrity worth. He wanted to run Cumbria FA and the referees association without any knowledge/experience a complete nacccisist. Nixon’s involved for his FA roles - not interest in the club and could be any. And AJ who will never leave. We are stuck with them until a huge earthquake, relegation, or EWM walk away - neither looks very likely.

They run the club in the dark ages with a dark ages stadium. Might of worked in 70s/80s with blind faith, rubbish customer service and lack of luxury but it’s 2020 people expect more for their £22 then what’s currently on offer.

Under MK we were united for him and united against. We’ve numpties , sorry for calling them that but they are, that tell supporters to shut up voicing their opinions on AJ and clap the team off.

I boycotted last season, went to one game, because it was shite not necessarily because of the owners although that was a big reason.

I’m boycotting now because of them - I won’t be back at Brunton Park until Jenkins, Pattison and Nixon are gone!

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:25 #46 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
The only problem with boycotting games is the fact that you are a long time dead.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:28 #47 by Dazwacky
Replied by Dazwacky on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts
Maybe its time for Michael Knighton to redeem himself!! how close was he to getting Man Utd CLOSE! could part 2 happen would local businessmen work with him?? we might get another new stand? joking aside could it work?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:28 #48 by Laffy
That is exactly my point-we know who is in charge but who is our leader to follow and back?

Richard-I was referring to Billy and Jim when talking about celebrity.There is a thin line between celebrity and notoriety and they are walking it.They offer no cash, don’t speak for the majority of fans and their shareholding is worth [censored] all.Paid for by Mileson.

I don’t have a problem with Patty-I think he would walk if he could.The other two can’t because they are in a stranglehold.Lord Clark-why is he there?

NC is a decent bloke but not the leader-tainted I’m afraid.

The Club desperately needs a leader with some drive, charisma and ambition-even delusion.

I can remember the walk to Wembley in 1995-many fans in tears as it was a dream to see your team there.MK on the pitch, talking shite but we loved it.Total escapism.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:30 #49 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

Dazwacky wrote: Maybe its time for Michael Knighton to redeem himself!! how close was he to getting Man Utd CLOSE! could part 2 happen would local businessmen work with him?? we might get another new stand? joking aside could it work?


No

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2020 19:30 #50 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Post-Plymouth Discussion - Owners & Boycotts

munchymagic wrote: The only problem with boycotting games is the fact that you are a long time dead.


Very true Munchy - but life is also too short to give money to people that only care about themselves and their lifestyle and not the product their offering.

I can watch on ifollow if I need too.

I can’t justify giving £19 - £22 for what’s on offer and to keep the status quo.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.