Coronavirus

  • Chilledsilly
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
28 Mar 2020 14:13 #1351 by Chilledsilly
Replied by Chilledsilly on topic Re:Coronavirus

Laffy wrote: Well I could phone my son to pick me up on his way to the shop.

What would you do if you fell out of bed?


Very flippant Lord...
I think the NHS and emergency services have better things to do than worry about you on your bike ....


What would I do if I fell out of bed ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:14 #1352 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic Re:Coronavirus
If common sense is the key to abiding by the laws then America is knackered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:18 #1353 by kells
Replied by kells on topic Re:Coronavirus
The ‘it doesn’t apply to me’ brigade is doing my head in. So selfish. Try having to stay in your own house for 12 weeks...
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Burneside Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:41 #1354 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic Re:Coronavirus
Only did 19.5 miles today...that will do and naturally feel better for it albeit a bit nippy..saw more folk out walking their dogs than cyclists

Of course in reality any journey is a risk..

Just like driving to the shop to get crates of beer for the day....or a years supply of bog roll...i could then say you could then have a smash....

Life has to continue in some shape or form with risks on the basic stuff.

Yep bike shops must be well busy now..i got my bike tuned up 3 week ago so hopefully wont need owt.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • yoonited
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
28 Mar 2020 14:46 #1355 by yoonited
Replied by yoonited on topic Re:Coronavirus
What REALLY pi$$es me off at the moment is when criminals go to court and are sentenced, rather than go to prison, they still are getting tagged and put under curfew from 7pm to 7am for a period of time. What sentence is that, considering we're nearly all effectively under curfew at the moment anyway? Three months for over 70's isn't it? I went out to do a shop this morning and it's the first time I've even been out of the house since 10 days ago. So currently these "tag and curfew" sentences are bo11ox.

So. Why not give them an exercise bike connected to some gubbins that I'm sure Laffy could soon come up with, and have them do something useful like putting power into the national grid. Then depending on the severity of their crime, they are sentenced accordingly to how many megawatts of power they have to provide.

First offence for drink driving/driving without insurance/burglary etc = 1 megaweatt (enough to power a couple of large estates or a village of about 600 houses).

Second offence = 5 megawatts (enough to power a town the size of Brampton).

Third offence = 10 megawatts (enough to power Currock, Upperby, Denton Holme, Morton, Botcherby, Belle Vue, Stanwix, Etterby and Kingstown plus they should be beginning to learn their lesson after this one).

As an incentive, they cannot leave their house until the tariff has been met in full.

We'll all benefit from being supplied with free leccy during these difficult times so it's win win!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:48 #1356 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus
Over 250 deaths last 24hrs :(


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:48 #1357 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Re:Coronavirus

markredfox73 wrote: Only did 19.5 miles today...that will do and naturally feel better for it albeit a bit nippy..saw more folk out walking their dogs than cyclists

Of course in reality any journey is a risk..

Just like driving to the shop to get crates of beer for the day....or a years supply of bog roll...i could then say you could then have a smash....

Life has to continue in some shape or form with risks on the basic stuff.

Yep bike shops must be well busy now..i got my bike tuned up 3 week ago so hopefully wont need owt.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk


Think the problem is though Mark as soon as other people see you (or anybody else for that matter) being out for more than say an hour or so, or pushing the boundaries 'a bit' then other people will start doing the same, and before you know it we'll have tons of cyclists, walkers everywhere, even in the quietest parts of our community, unfortunately it has to be for everyone, otherwise there is no real point.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chilledsilly
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
28 Mar 2020 14:56 #1358 by Chilledsilly
Replied by Chilledsilly on topic Re:Coronavirus
I'd like to just get in the car park up on siloth front ,doors opened and enjoy the fresh air and view ...
No more a problem than going for swaree on a bike ?
But cant .....
Desensitising, the stay in and save lives ..is the problem..
One pushes boundaries , why cant the rest ?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Burneside Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 14:57 #1359 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic Re:Coronavirus
Due to get windy this weekend.
Is the social distance great enough if you are outside and downwind of someone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 15:02 #1360 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
To lighten the mood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 15:17 #1361 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
Well the rules are there to read-I don’t believe anyone is going to be influenced by me being on a bike unless they are also out-given where I live I doubt anyone has a stopwatch and in any event, there is no one hour rule.Its about being sensible and responsible.

I saw more walkers today than usual-are they wrong too?If more discover exercise as a result of this crisis, that’s good news.

I’m entirely happy to stick to the rules until they change-local cycle only on my own, pointed out on here today .I feel better for it and relaxed.Thats the point.I saw at least 6 police cars today-everyone of them waved at me in a friendly way.

Unfortunately, there are many out there still breaking the rules-multiple journeys, driving to places to walk your dog etc.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 15:38 #1362 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic Re:Coronavirus
Yes like the doylem I just saw at Moorclose...riding a bike with a can of carling in his hand! I just shook my head..now that is taking the piss folks

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 15:39 #1363 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus

CCU wrote: Over 250 deaths last 24hrs :(


Although trajectory is slightly better than Italy the trend is still very similar.

It took Italy 13 days to get from 21 deaths to 1,016.

It has taken 14 days for the UK to get from 21 deaths to 1,019.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 16:11 #1364 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus
I read today that the stats are following the expected trajectory more or less-the pressure on the guys must be immense however.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 16:55 #1365 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus

Chilledsilly wrote:

Laffy wrote: Been doing around 50 miles a day-just keeping out of the way so go up onto the moors behind Blanchland and Stanhope.Not seeing any groups-just singles which is good.

Planning to go over towards Bellingham today when rain stops.

I would post some pictures from yesterday around Blanchland but not sure how to-the views were fantastic.

I did Silloth to home a couple of weeks ago-good ride and a real challenge after Lanercost


Lord Laffy .... Time to get off your bike and think of others ... the world isn't just about you !
Exercise within the vicinity of your own area !
Using your little world ... I should be able to go for a game if golf ?
Stop thinking just about yourself


Boris [censored] Johnson or anybody else for that matter isn't going to tell me what to do or what not to do if I wanted to go for a bike ride or play golf I would do. The sooner we all have had it the better for me and then if more people have died than needed to we.ll all know who was two months late in providing the extra 100k hospital beds and who still hasn't managed to provide decent numbers of testing kits to either confirm the virus or to confirm past infection but then again that's probably what 50 years of being in the EU does for you. And on that subject isn't it strange we.ve heard nothing from Junker, Barnier and co since all this started christ you couldn't shut them up beforehand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 16:57 #1366 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Coronavirus
The trajectory is consistent with cases/hospital admissions/deaths doubling every 3 days. That puts us on track for 2,000 deaths by the end of March. Deaths lag people catching the virus by about 3 weeks. We therefore might have 10 days in April with the number of deaths doubling every 3-4 days before the impact of the lockdown restrictions kicks in. It is possible that Good Friday 10th April might see a total of around 16,000 deaths but thereafter there should be a marked reduction in the number of deaths if the restrictions have worked which there is every reason to believe they have done. Bad times but our government policy will get on top of the virus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 17:36 #1367 by HuntingHorn
Replied by HuntingHorn on topic Coronavirus

Laffy wrote: I read today that the stats are following the expected trajectory more or less-the pressure on the guys must be immense however.


I predict a swathe of basket cases in the nursing profession after this.
It’s one of the worst things you ever have to do, pick up the phone or invite a family into a room before you’re the one who rips their guts out as you tell them their loved one has died. I did it many times, I hated it. It never got easier.
It’s stressful, it leaves a lasting mark on you no matter how many times you do it.
You get no training, you learn as you go and you don’t have any real back up either.

Fast forward to now when you’ve got hundreds dying, families not allowed to see or visit their family as they die and the whole thing becomes even more nasty.
There’s going to need to be a counselling service set up in the aftermath to help nurses and doc’s through it or we could well see a marked rise in suicides in those professions.

It's better to be silent and assumed a fool than to speak and remove all doubt
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 17:36 #1368 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus

kells wrote: The ‘it doesn’t apply to me’ brigade is doing my head in. So selfish. Try having to stay in your own house for 12 weeks...


And the bedwetting brigade are doing mine in with their end of the world doomsday scenarios

It's a virilant Flu virus that's being exasperated because firstly some govts went into denial at the start then no one was prepared for it when people like the WHO and UN who should have been holding stocks of millions of test kits and ppe that govmts could access while they got their own manufacturing up to speed simply had gone missing and then we have leaders like Boris who are exactly 2 months late doing everything.

A perfect example the Royal Mint have designed and put into production a protective mask for healthcare workers in just four days question you have to ask is why wernt they asked to do this six weeks ago ?

People really should stop looking at the figures some of these pathetic panic spreading websites are putting out there are now only five figures that matter New/total cases [ and that's only to give an idea of trends as everyone knows as an actual figure is totally unreliable and means nothing]......Admitted to hospital........Admitted to IC...........DIED...........Had virus but now totally recovered Nothing else gives any figures that are remotely valuable in any way whatsoever.

And what they should be publishing is the fact that 5 times as many people admitted to hospital with covid 19 recover and are discharged than achieve a similar outcome during a particularly severe winter of normal flu mainly because this virus doesn't seem to be inducing pneumonia in anywhere the numbers that normal flu does

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 17:47 #1369 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus

howoldboy wrote:

CCU wrote: Over 250 deaths last 24hrs :(


Although trajectory is slightly better than Italy the trend is still very similar.

It took Italy 13 days to get from 21 deaths to 1,016.

It has taken 14 days for the UK to get from 21 deaths to 1,019.


Will people stop [censored] comparing us with Italy We didn't allow a hotspot of 20k people to develop anywhere for 4 weeks totally denying its existence its a totally different scenario.

And while i.m at it there are still regions in southern Italy like there are here that are virtually unaffected just like here in Lancashire where in 3 million people there are less than 300 confirmed with it and less than 10 deaths. Way less than you would expect in a month if normal flu had taken hold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 17:47 #1370 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Re:Coronavirus
Prof Tom Pike doesn't know what he talking about. 5,700 deaths? Even 20k is a joke. The paper also said at the peak there would be 260 deaths a day and would not happen till the 5th April (260 deaths today 28/3/20). He was also comparing to China where they went into a much harder lockdown in clusters and data from China is unreliable to say the least.

It will take 2-3 weeks to see the benefits of this lockdown but then what? Lift restrictions and numbers will go back up again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 17:48 #1371 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic Re:Coronavirus
Wow.... just wow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:05 #1372 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus

Urban Designer wrote: Prof Tom Pike doesn't know what he talking about. 5,700 deaths? Even 20k is a joke. The paper also said at the peak there would be 260 deaths a day and would not happen till the 5th April (260 deaths today 28/3/20). He was also comparing to China where they went into a much harder lockdown in clusters and data from China is unreliable to say the least.

It will take 2-3 weeks to see the benefits of this lockdown but then what? Lift restrictions and numbers will go back up again.


And hopefully, by then they will see that there is only one way to beat the virus and that is to have more beds ready than you will ever need and to then when they do begin a programme of managed infection.

Good to see that official figures say that London [ the worst area ] is only at 80% and that's before you add in the 500 nightingale and the other extra beds being created there.

Reports say currently up to 50% of healthcare staff are currently isolated well lets hope to hell they all have it and will soon be immune and not go back to work only to go off again in two weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:20 #1373 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus

carwash wrote: The trajectory is consistent with cases/hospital admissions/deaths doubling every 3 days. That puts us on track for 2,000 deaths by the end of March. Deaths lag people catching the virus by about 3 weeks. We therefore might have 10 days in April with the number of deaths doubling every 3-4 days before the impact of the lockdown restrictions kicks in. It is possible that Good Friday 10th April might see a total of around 16,000 deaths but thereafter there should be a marked reduction in the number of deaths if the restrictions have worked which there is every reason to believe they have done. Bad times but our government policy will get on top of the virus.


Average time from onset of symptoms to death in Italy has been 9 days.

Average time from onset of symptoms to hospitalization has been 4 days.

See page 5 of link attached under heading "Time-Line".

file:///C:/Users/steph/Documents/Italy/Report-COVID-2019_26_marzo_eng.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:20 #1374 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Re:Coronavirus
A friend of mine who is a paramedic had to drive 70 miles to Lancaster to get tested and it took 4 days for the results to get back which were negative.

A few weeks ago the government contacted engineering companies to produce prototypes of ventilators which they have done. No one has heard back as Dyson (which takes years to perfect their vacuum cleaners) have got a monopoly. (Dyson makes big contributions to the Conservative Party)

These perfectly good ventilators are now going abroad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:22 #1375 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:26 #1376 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
I think the ventilator issue is sorted.

In my view, and Herr Barry will back this, it’s the [censored] Civil Service getting in the way at every level.

If you were given the choice of dying or being given a ventilator that hasn’t quite received extensive testing ,what would you choose?

Boris does have a way of cutting through things so let’s hope he’s on the mend.

There was a guy on BBC this am from Glasgow-the CMO for Scotland I think.He was smart and got straight to the point.

The NHS guys at the front deserve [censored] medals-lots of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 18:35 #1377 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

howoldboy wrote:

CCU wrote: Over 250 deaths last 24hrs :(


Although trajectory is slightly better than Italy the trend is still very similar.

It took Italy 13 days to get from 21 deaths to 1,016.

It has taken 14 days for the UK to get from 21 deaths to 1,019.


Will people stop [censored] comparing us with Italy We didn't allow a hotspot of 20k people to develop anywhere for 4 weeks totally denying its existence its a totally different scenario.

And while i.m at it there are still regions in southern Italy like there are here that are virtually unaffected just like here in Lancashire where in 3 million people there are less than 300 confirmed with it and less than 10 deaths. Way less than you would expect in a month if normal flu had taken hold.


Undetected hotspots or not, people will continue to compare the UK to Italy primarily because the UK remains on a very similar trajectory.

Government measures taken in Italy have been stronger than in the UK, so it is not surprising that many people fear the UK could end up very similar to or even worse than Italy.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:02 #1378 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Coronavirus
Cumbria up to 211 cases now will be intresting to see how much this lockdown suppresses the virus in the county.
Vast majority of folk are doing their fingers crossed everyone sticks to it.
It will make a massive difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:03 #1379 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Coronavirus
Doing their bit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:07 #1380 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Coronavirus
Lancashire's population is around 1.2 - 1.4m and is hardly cosmopolitan apart from a small student population. The reason the Italian are starting to go up is because it is starting to get its teeth into southern Italy which like the north of England & Scotland is poorer with a and less healthy population. The Southern Italian healthcare system is way behind that of the north and people have already ran out of money and food. Gangs are now breaking into supermarkets and there is widespread social and economic unrest.

The virus has been left unchecked in London for weeks. 1/3 of all cases and deaths are in London. The lockdown should have happened as soon as it got into the community. A friend of mine got the last plane from Rome and there were no checks at either Stansted or Glasgow airport.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:07 #1381 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus
My reading of what has been said today is the peak will be mid April-then it flattens and starts to drop off.The next two weeks will be challenging for all sadly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:08 #1382 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Coronavirus
Hipsters doing their bit in West Hempstead.
Sadly it's to spread it more.
The tweet ID given is invalid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:26 #1383 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Coronavirus
The Times is saying around 5500 will lose their lives if this carries on same trajectory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 19:34 #1384 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Coronavirus

Laffy wrote: The Times is saying around 5500 will lose their lives if this carries on same trajectory


I don't understand that logic Laffy.

Italy reached 10,023 deaths today, 16 days after reaching 1,000.

What I don't understand is what will stop the UK following the same trajectory.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 21:47 #1385 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Coronavirus
I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....

Be just and fear not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 22:17 #1386 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Coronavirus

Laffy wrote: The Times is saying around 5500 will lose their lives if this carries on same trajectory


See my post 1370 on that bullshit.

Projections also dont include deaths of other chronic illnesses uninfected by coronavirus such as cancer patients no longer getting kemo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 22:35 #1387 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Coronavirus

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


I hope you are wrong and its a bad cold or flu zebby,but if it is the virus 95% will be ok so take care and be strong.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bumble, Zebby, Wukkie, howoldboy, Dancingbear and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 22:58 #1388 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Coronavirus

ParcelPete wrote:

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


I hope you are wrong and its a bad cold or flu zebby,but if it is the virus 95% will be ok so take care and be strong.


It's the smell and taste thing that's got me thinking it is plus at least 3 colleagues on my unit have it....they have had fever and coughs though

But cheers just gotta get on with it rest and eat well

Be just and fear not
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 23:17 #1389 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Coronavirus

howoldboy wrote:

carwash wrote: The trajectory is consistent with cases/hospital admissions/deaths doubling every 3 days. That puts us on track for 2,000 deaths by the end of March. Deaths lag people catching the virus by about 3 weeks. We therefore might have 10 days in April with the number of deaths doubling every 3-4 days before the impact of the lockdown restrictions kicks in. It is possible that Good Friday 10th April might see a total of around 16,000 deaths but thereafter there should be a marked reduction in the number of deaths if the restrictions have worked which there is every reason to believe they have done. Bad times but our government policy will get on top of the virus.


Average time from onset of symptoms to death in Italy has been 9 days.

Average time from onset of symptoms to hospitalization has been 4 days.

See page 5 of link attached under heading "Time-Line".

We are more or less agreeing. It takes about 8 days for someone to breathe in infected droplets and then incubate the virus before they show symptoms. I think in the UK most people will be at home with worsening symptoms for about 5 days before being rushed to hospital. Once in hospital they could be on the ventilator for about 7 days before dying giving a total of 20 days or about 3 weeks.

file:///C:/Users/steph/Documents/Italy/Report-COVID-2019_26_marzo_eng.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 23:54 #1390 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic Re:Coronavirus

Urban Designer wrote: A friend of mine who is a paramedic had to drive 70 miles to Lancaster to get tested and it took 4 days for the results to get back which were negative.

A few weeks ago the government contacted engineering companies to produce prototypes of ventilators which they have done. No one has heard back as Dyson (which takes years to perfect their vacuum cleaners) have got a monopoly. (Dyson makes big contributions to the Conservative Party)

These perfectly good ventilators are now going abroad.


Thats just absolute bullshit.
Gtech are making ventilators, Formula One teams are making them, as well as the normal companies. Dyson doesnt have approval for its design yet, but if it does, will be making 15,000.
As far as l know, all companies have said theyre doing them at cost.

Of note HMRC have waived duty on alcohol for hand gel, a gin distillery in Moray has made a batch, and the council trading standards have stopped them distributing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 23:56 #1391 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic Coronavirus

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


I had that weeks ago, Doctor said it was Streptococcal throat infection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 02:06 #1392 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


Zebby are you sneezing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 02:18 #1393 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Coronavirus

howoldboy wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

howoldboy wrote:

CCU wrote: Over 250 deaths last 24hrs :(


Although trajectory is slightly better than Italy the trend is still very similar.

It took Italy 13 days to get from 21 deaths to 1,016.

It has taken 14 days for the UK to get from 21 deaths to 1,019.


Will people stop [censored] comparing us with Italy We didn't allow a hotspot of 20k people to develop anywhere for 4 weeks totally denying its existence its a totally different scenario.

And while i.m at it there are still regions in southern Italy like there are here that are virtually unaffected just like here in Lancashire where in 3 million people there are less than 300 confirmed with it and less than 10 deaths. Way less than you would expect in a month if normal flu had taken hold.


Undetected hotspots or not, people will continue to compare the UK to Italy primarily because the UK remains on a very similar trajectory.

Government measures taken in Italy have been stronger than in the UK, so it is not surprising that many people fear the UK could end up very similar to or even worse than Italy.


But there is a massive difference between odd people all over the country getting it and a hotspot where the rate of infection was over 50% and where the distance from the epicentre grew by 1.5 miles every day that the Italian government ignored it.

And it's pretty clear that if we.d shut our borders completely at the beginning of February and done the Wirral thing to all returning ex-pats we.d have even less spread as the cluster in North Cumbria clearly proves.

None of the people hospitalised in Lancashire had been abroad so, therefore, they must have caught it directly or indirectly from people who had.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 07:50 #1394 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Coronavirus

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


Zebby are you sneezing ?


No mate..I was a couple weeks ago though

Be just and fear not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 09:33 #1395 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Coronavirus

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


Could be one of the 200 odd cold viruses pal. They need to get these tests sorted out pronto, then those that have had it can get back out there and semi restart the country. I'm back at work now confused like I thought I had to stay in 14 days after my wife got symptoms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 10:00 #1396 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic Coronavirus

Prawncrackhead wrote:

Zebby wrote: I'm pretty sure I have it ..no cough or temperature but felt lousy since Tuesday/Wednesday no energy slight sore throat aching and fuzzy tense headache but what's making me think I may have it is I can't smell or taste anything....


Could be one of the 200 odd cold viruses pal. They need to get these tests sorted out pronto, then those that have had it can get back out there and semi restart the country. I'm back at work now confused like I thought I had to stay in 14 days after my wife got symptoms?


Could be I'm feeling a bit better today,I'm late shift tomorrow gonna ring work for guidance it's just when a few work mates have it and prisoners with it on a small unit and with feeling so shitty and the big difference in symptoms we really do need testing kits to determine if folk have had it so can get back to work... priority to NHS workers obviously

Be just and fear not
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 10:38 #1397 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Coronavirus
Blue Cross telling everyone to stay in this week as we are hitting the peak levels of infection, then should start to drop away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 10:54 #1398 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus
I’m no virologist :-D but I can’t see us going back to any kind of normality any time soon without it just flaring up again.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 11:00 #1399 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus
Unfortunately we need a lot of people to get it to prevent the spread. Sounds a funny thing to say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 11:05 #1400 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Coronavirus
To prevent the spread to the vulnerable I think I meant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.465 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.