Coronavirus

More
21 May 2020 16:17 #3301 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic Re:Coronavirus

Stay safe, stay healthy all.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2020 16:20 #3302 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus

orfc wrote: That's a separate study to the vaccine development though

This is to find out once and for all if chloroquine is any use or not

www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-05-21-oxford-lead...vid-19-preventatives


I didn't mention the word vaccine in relation to that drug and neither did the Don.

It's all about research into producing a drug that may be of use in treating confirmed infections or as a precautionary drug where susceptible people take it like I do my cocktail mix in the hope of reducing your chances of getting it.

Well if it really is what you say i think pear drops would be of great use in preventing it and I now claim my 30 million quid to do a it of testing on it Mr Hancock.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2020 22:26 #3303 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic Re:Coronavirus

Arragorn wrote: Snipe all you like at Sturgeon but at least she is a visible presence in this crisis unlike Boris the buffoon who is supposed to be running the country. He obviously thinks it's beneath him to attend the daily briefing and it looks like the cabinet minister who draws the short straw gets the task. I wonder how long it will be before we get Dominic Cummings presenting it?


Elsie McSelfie would be on TV all day, given the opportunity.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2020 22:51 #3304 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re:Coronavirus
Looking at covid colour warning chart we are definatley at level 2 now which is what Valance and Witty said would happen.

Getting the feeling they are
keeping the warning level higher due to this track and trace delay shite.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 06:28 #3305 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus
Anybody watch the Panorama this week abut the migrant camps in Greece

Basically thousands of migrants in camps living in tents right on top of each other with no sanitation and only 5 taps for washing and yes a few people got it but did it run wild ? did it hell as like just 50 confirmed cases out of nearly 10 thousand migrants and not a single death.

And then let's look at Greece just a total of 150 virus deaths across the whole country which means this weekend they're reopening their borders and beaches.

There's clearly something going on it certain countries but not in others that we are definitely NOT being told about.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 07:05 #3306 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus

Armo wrote: You know Marko, I totally take my hat off to you.

It's impressive, it really is - how the [censored] do you find all these batshit crazy, tinfoil hat wearing websites?


? It's a Swiss fact finding site that gathers government statistics. The UN uses it. So the UK numbers are from the ons, US from the Cdc etc. What's wrong with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 07:40 #3307 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Re:Coronavirus
Great news this week during these tragic times . . .
Fontana’s has reopened! :-D
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Unrepentant blue, Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 07:44 #3308 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Re:Coronavirus
Now that is worth a clap!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 08:12 #3309 by Mammoth
Replied by Mammoth on topic Re:Coronavirus

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Anybody watch the Panorama this week abut the migrant camps in Greece

Basically thousands of migrants in camps living in tents right on top of each other with no sanitation and only 5 taps for washing and yes a few people got it but did it run wild ? did it hell as like just 50 confirmed cases out of nearly 10 thousand migrants and not a single death.

And then let's look at Greece just a total of 150 virus deaths across the whole country which means this weekend they're reopening their borders and beaches.

There's clearly something going on it certain countries but not in others that we are definitely NOT being told about.


I think it's that the virus doesn't last long in the outdoors exposed to warmth and sunlight. It's in enclosed spaces like homes and shared workspaces (including classrooms) where the virus spreads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 09:19 #3310 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic Re:Coronavirus

nobbyblue wrote: Great news this week during these tragic times . . .
Fontana’s has reopened! :-D


Cod I express my condiments to them.

Stay safe, stay healthy all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 09:48 #3311 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus
It doesn't spread in classrooms because children don't contract or transmit the damn disease.

The BBC reported that France had opened schools, there had been a huge spike in covid cases and a stack of schools had been forced to reclose. I sit on a focus group for the Government on education, so we got a copy of the French Government's report on the school reopening. They reopened 40000 schools. They did mass testing of hundreds of thousands of children. They found 70 cases in total of the virus, not one hospitalisation was required, let alone a death. They have reclosed 50 schools. The schools have closed because they have special needs kids who cannot comprehend social distancing, so they are closed because they can't guarantee to meet government requirements. The French Government has reported to the EU Health ministers group that reopening has been completely incident free and a huge success.

Quite why the British press are so dedicated to stirring up hysteria about this I can't imagine.

Utter bullshit from the Express, ITS CHAOS

France chaos: Several schools SHUT as 70 coronavirus cases recorded one week after opening

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1284344/Fra...ases-emmanuel-macron

And yet at the Telegraph, no significant increase

There has been no significant increase in coronavirus infections after schools in 22 EU countries were reopened, EU education ministers heard at a video conference on Monday.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/18/no-c...ols-22-eu-countries/

So which one is the tinfoil hat wearing leftie looney site peddling irrational unbelievable nonsense that no rational individual could ever swallow?


www.facebook.com/OfficialLizWheeler/posts/2946365228762306
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 10:04 #3312 by Mammoth
Replied by Mammoth on topic Re:Coronavirus
I can understand that there may be reasons why infected children may be more often asymptomatic or having only mild symptoms. I find it hard to believe that there is something different about the cells of children that stops them becoming infected, and once infected then spreading like every other human?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch, Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 10:07 #3313 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Re:Coronavirus

Armo wrote: You know Marko, I totally take my hat off to you.

It's impressive, it really is - how the [censored] do you find all these batshit crazy, tinfoil hat wearing websites?


I'd normally agree with you, but I won't ignore the fact that there are numbers of doctors, scientific experts and professionals, who are speaking out and not being listened to or even debated with- surely we should get both sides? There is clear censorship if opposing opinion and that is not in anyone's best interest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 10:15 #3314 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Re:Coronavirus

Mammoth wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: Anybody watch the Panorama this week abut the migrant camps in Greece

Basically thousands of migrants in camps living in tents right on top of each other with no sanitation and only 5 taps for washing and yes a few people got it but did it run wild ? did it hell as like just 50 confirmed cases out of nearly 10 thousand migrants and not a single death.

And then let's look at Greece just a total of 150 virus deaths across the whole country which means this weekend they're reopening their borders and beaches.

There's clearly something going on it certain countries but not in others that we are definitely NOT being told about.


I think it's that the virus doesn't last long in the outdoors exposed to warmth and sunlight. It's in enclosed spaces like homes and shared workspaces (including classrooms) where the virus spreads.


So why are our brilliant scientists allowing flights for a couple of hours with recirculated air, but we can't sit in in open air stadiums until probably next year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 10:20 #3315 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic Re:Coronavirus

Markovitch wrote: It doesn't spread in classrooms because children don't contract or transmit the damn disease.

The BBC reported that France had opened schools, there had been a huge spike in covid cases and a stack of schools had been forced to reclose. I sit on a focus group for the Government on education, so we got a copy of the French Government's report on the school reopening. They reopened 40000 schools. They did mass testing of hundreds of thousands of children. They found 70 cases in total of the virus, not one hospitalisation was required, let alone a death. They have reclosed 50 schools. The schools have closed because they have special needs kids who cannot comprehend social distancing, so they are closed because they can't guarantee to meet government requirements. The French Government has reported to the EU Health ministers group that reopening has been completely incident free and a huge success.

Quite why the British press are so dedicated to stirring up hysteria about this I can't imagine.

Utter bullshit from the Express, ITS CHAOS

France chaos: Several schools SHUT as 70 coronavirus cases recorded one week after opening

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1284344/Fra...ases-emmanuel-macron

And yet at the Telegraph, no significant increase

There has been no significant increase in coronavirus infections after schools in 22 EU countries were reopened, EU education ministers heard at a video conference on Monday.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/18/no-c...ols-22-eu-countries/

So which one is the tinfoil hat wearing leftie looney site peddling irrational unbelievable nonsense that no rational individual could ever swallow?


www.facebook.com/OfficialLizWheeler/posts/2946365228762306


Got a phone call from school yesterday and told there is a place for my daughter as my wife and I are key workers. I said will they be put in squares they aren't allowed to leave at play time, the answer was yes following guidelines. I said I'm not sending my child back to an environment like that it'd over the top and like prison. So no she won't be returning to school.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 11:01 #3316 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus

Mammoth wrote: I can understand that there may be reasons why infected children may be more often asymptomatic or having only mild symptoms. I find it hard to believe that there is something different about the cells of children that stops them becoming infected, and once infected then spreading like every other human?


I think that is a very valid comment and I don't have an answer. I would though say that any analysis of the statistics holds that kids don't get it or transmit as adults do.

freopp.org/estimating-the-risk-of-death-...-by-age-630aea3ae5a9

ncirs.org.au/sites/default/files/2020-04...6%20April%202020.pdf

fullfact.org/health/covid-19-in-children/

As far as I can see there is only 1 study done in Shenzen that has children transmitting at the same rates as adults and that says that children are significantly less likely than adults to develop symptoms. Every other study says kids don't get or transmit at the same level as adults.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 11:39 #3317 by Armo
Replied by Armo on topic Re:Coronavirus

Markovitch wrote: ? It's a Swiss fact finding site that gathers government statistics. The UN uses it. So the UK numbers are from the ons, US from the Cdc etc. What's wrong with that?


The UN uses Swiss Propaganda Research? Right ho, that makes me feel so much better. Please, just prove that statement.

The fact is, it's a dodgy wordpress with no attributable editors or contributors and with undisclosed funding - hardly transparent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 12:09 #3318 by Armo
Replied by Armo on topic Re:Coronavirus
As I had a little time, I had another look.

EU vs Disinformation - "EUvsDisinfo is the flagship project of the European External Action Service’s East StratCom Task Force. It was established in 2015 to better forecast, address, and respond to the Russian Federation’s ongoing disinformation campaigns affecting the European Union, its Member States, and countries in the shared neighbourhood."

They've had a bit to say about Swiss Propaganda Research:

euvsdisinfo.eu/disinformation-cases/?tex...iss+propaganda&date=

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 12:16 #3319 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus

Armo wrote:

Markovitch wrote: ? It's a Swiss fact finding site that gathers government statistics. The UN uses it. So the UK numbers are from the ons, US from the Cdc etc. What's wrong with that?


The UN uses Swiss Propaganda Research? Right ho, that makes me feel so much better. Please, just prove that statement.

The fact is, it's a dodgy wordpress with no attributable editors or contributors and with undisclosed funding - hardly transparent.


I work for the UN and I used it. The UN uses all kinds of sites that collate data, why would they recalculate or collect data when someone has done it for you? All the data in it is referenced so its checkable, comes from official sources, ONS, CDC and there is very little interpretation.

If you don't like the article attack the facts in it. Simply saying, your article doesn't agree with my opinion, so I'll rubbish it as a source is just lazy. Criticising Wordpress is very naive. The articles that showed that the Bellingcat/CIA evidence on the attack in Ghouta of August 2013 were fabricated were issued by MIT through Wordpress but Obama called off the invasion on the basis of that information.

Rather ironically SPR gets marked down by Media Bias for using such unreliable sources of information as the Daily Mail, so maybe there is cause for concern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 13:27 #3320 by Armo
Replied by Armo on topic Re:Coronavirus

Markovitch wrote:
I work for the UN and I used it. The UN uses all kinds of sites that collate data, why would they recalculate or collect data when someone has done it for you? All the data in it is referenced so its checkable, comes from official sources, ONS, CDC and there is very little interpretation.

If you don't like the article attack the facts in it. Simply saying, your article doesn't agree with my opinion, so I'll rubbish it as a source is just lazy. Criticising Wordpress is very naive. The articles that showed that the Bellingcat/CIA evidence on the attack in Ghouta of August 2013 were fabricated were issued by MIT through Wordpress but Obama called off the invasion on the basis of that information.

Rather ironically SPR gets marked down by Media Bias for using such unreliable sources of information as the Daily Mail, so maybe there is cause for concern


So, at your prompting, I had a look at Media Bias - "Overall, we rate Swiss Policy Research (SPR) a Moderate Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven claims.".

But, hey, i'd hate to be called lazy by some random person on the internet and, as I mentioned, work's quiet today so I said [censored] it and did have a look at the numbers.

In a nutshell, Swiss Propaganda Research are using an estimated Infection Fatality Rate for Covid-19 and comparing that with Case Fatality Rate for Influenza and you really can't do that, it's all guesswork (CFR for Covid in the US is running around 6%).

Anyway, on to it's estimated IFR:

One of the reports used had a 400% discrepancy, Another stated that because of the low number of deaths (7), the IFR could be out +-500%.

A lot of the reports are from medRxiv and the rest appear to be from a bunch of news websites.

NOT A SINGLE REFERENCE TO THE CDC OR ONS FOR IFR - just a bunch of questionable articles on medRxiv and newspapers.

It then selectively pulls statements out of the CDC data it does reference and ignores the ones it doesn't like (let me know if you'd like links).

With all that selective selection of sources it comes out with an IFR of 0.278% - .5%.

Generally, the IFR (without selective sourcing) is believed to be between 0.5 and 1.5%.

Anyway, the Case Fatality Rate for Influenza is <0.1%.

So, upshot of all that is that Swiss Propaganda Research's IFR on it's stretched data (0.278 - 0.5%) still has Covid being 250% more fatal.

It's own data does not backup it's assertion.

So, looks like Media Bias where right "Overall, we rate Swiss Policy Research (SPR) a Moderate Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven claims.".

Hope that wasn't too lazy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 13:36 #3321 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Re:Coronavirus

Prawncrackhead wrote: Got a phone call from school yesterday and told there is a place for my daughter as my wife and I are key workers. I said will they be put in squares they aren't allowed to leave at play time, the answer was yes following guidelines. I said I'm not sending my child back to an environment like that it'd over the top and like prison. So no she won't be returning to school.


It's like something out of that Arizona Sherriff (Joe Arpaiaoioiaioiaiooiooaai?) prison system. Just need the teachers to patrol, waggling a truncheon each, and the kids could be watered with a straining spoon and a bucket, like in Stir Crazy - in the background a jew's harp occasionally goes "bowwwwww"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 14:39 #3322 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus
He he, good to see

The UK IFR study The Office of National Statistics has reported a detailed analysis of the total mortality in March associated with COVID‐19.13 This total additional mortality can be related to the total end of March reported cases of COVID‐19 which can be uprated by the total potential community infection rate calculated in this report to give an estimate of overall COVID mortality rate.

There are no studies on IFR rates in the report for the US, just one that compares NY City with Italy. But look at the table on median age of deaths from COVID , source CDC. ONS and CDC don't calculate infection rates, they report mortality rates which modellers use to calculate IFRs.

medRxiv is a website for publishing academic research before its peer reviewed or expert assessed. That is going to be any research at this moment because there hasn't been time to do anything conclusive.

One of the reports used had a 400% discrepancy, Another stated that because of the low number of deaths (7), the IFR could be out +-500%. Certainly but the actual numbers don't bear out that there will be a huge number of deaths, which is why they put the tables next to each other.

The original point was whether children should be in schools. Death from Covid-19 is very rare among young people. Of 33,614 deaths of people with Covid-19 registered in England and Wales up to 1 May 2020, only two were in people aged between 1 and 14.

fullfact.org/health/covid-19-in-children/

At the end of the day we don't know very much. But the status quo is that we go to work, kids go to school, pubs are open, and we can watch football. That should only change with evidence to the contrary, we not only don't have that evidence but the evidence we do have (though flawed), indicates that here is no need for concern in schools.

Did you look at the reliability of media bias?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 16:18 #3323 by Armo
Replied by Armo on topic Re:Coronavirus
What on earth are you talking about?

Your original comment was about deaths in the over 65s being comparable to Influenza which it patently isn't. Stop shifting the goalposts.

Markovitch wrote: The US CDC found that Covid-19 hospitalization rates for people aged 65 and over are “within ranges of influenza hospitalization rates”, with rates slightly higher for people aged 18 to 64 and “much lower” (compared to influenza) for people under 18.

swprs.org/studies-on-covid-19-lethality/...uJX5VvBcyij0A6RJEsrs


You know, there's a certain irony when you complain about the reliability of Media Bias? Anyway, I didn't bring it up, you did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
22 May 2020 17:03 #3324 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus
Don't know why they are all playing around, do it Yank style, the true and transparent way - Not !

Charge to Medicare for COVID diagnosis $13,000
Charge to Medicare if the patient go's on a Ventilator + $39,000

$52,000 charged by the Hospital - Dead or Alive.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 17:16 #3325 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus
Its one bloke who sells medical equipment during the day. Good to see he doesn't trust the Mail, Express or Sun though.

Fullfact and yougov are both run by guys who work for the Conservative Party. The biggest fact finder in the states, the one that has the contract for Facebook is owed by the Washington Post which is Amazon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
22 May 2020 18:08 #3326 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 20:55 #3327 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chilledsilly
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
22 May 2020 22:05 #3328 by Chilledsilly
Replied by Chilledsilly on topic Re:Coronavirus
If what your saying is true , does that mean wev all been thrown under a bus by the government for no reason ?
Making them the worst government there has ever been ?
At the end of the day whether we're for or against the lockdown ...all we can do is take a lead from the PM ?
So ? ..
If wer now in the biggest debt this country has ever been .... Is it the tories to blame .....baring in mind your saying there hasn't been any need to lockdown ?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 22:22 #3329 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Re:Coronavirus

Chilledsilly wrote: If what your saying is true , does that mean wev all been thrown under a bus by the government for no reason ?
Making them the worst government there has ever been ?
At the end of the day whether we're for or against the lockdown ...all we can do is take a lead from the PM ?
So ? ..
If wer now in the biggest debt this country has ever been .... Is it the tories to blame .....baring in mind your saying there hasn't been any need to lockdown ?


Exactly what I .ve said from day one

They've thrown us under the financial bus for the next 20 years to save a few old and sick people who in all likelihood would have been dead within a couple of years anyway and in the process killed a few hundred medical professionals and tens of thousands of care home residents whose safety would have been assured by a lockdown while the fit and healthy of us got on with our lives as they did in Sweden where the sacrificed a few thousand deaths against shutting the country down and dumping it into financial oblivion.

I.m pretty sure that the minute Brexit is delivered and Starmer has held his night of the long knives all those millions of votes belonging to White British working class people will have their loans terminated and Boris and his Tory boys will be history for a very long time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 22:28 #3330 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Coronavirus
Dominic Cummings has some explaining!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 22:39 #3331 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Coronavirus
Government borrowing in April of 62bn was almost exactly double budget of 31bn. Government debt of 1.9 trillion is now 98% of gdp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 23:34 #3332 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Coronavirus
The government “tories” were pressured by powers greater to lockdown.

I’m pretty sure the virus is horrendous but it has, if I’m not mistaken, a 1% fatality rate. Which is sad but not for this type of reaction.

The “millennials” have already supposedly suffered with lack of jobs and now another generation is. Once furlough is over we will see mass redundancies and a lack of jobs.

Apart from doctors and nurses those jobs that are deemed essential/more secure and less skilled such as shop workers, cleaners, bus drivers are favoured instead of more skilled jobs which some will go - therefore why bother with education and bettering yourself if there’s no job to go into.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Prawncrackhead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 09:37 #3333 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
I’m saying if you believe that report, pretty much every western government has made the wrong decision.

We are now heading for phase two with all the infrastructure in place to manage a second wave-phase two being a combination of vaccination and herd immunity.We would have done this at first phase if we had the infrastructure to support in my view.

The whole episode is catastrophic for the economy-and we need a clever way out.George Soros is suggesting debt with no repayment date.On 1 trillion, the annual interest cost is only £5bn-buttons.Its quite a smart idea I think, particularly when we are now paying banks to keep our money.The Swiss have been preparing for this for years-filling deposit boxes up and stuffing mattresses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 11:41 #3334 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Re:Coronavirus
Lend me money and I'll never pay it back. I'll have some of that
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 11:48 #3335 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
For some it’s been the case for many years Marko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
23 May 2020 13:18 #3336 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus
Everyone sees to have forgotten, no one said lock-down was to save lives, it was to slow the spread and stop the NHS being overrun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
23 May 2020 13:27 #3337 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus
I see the acting Crime Commissioner for Durham is a real hypocrite. In March he was berating Derbyshire Police for using drones to expose walkers breaking lock-down. To use his words

""I have got to be honest when I saw it I was a little taken aback in terms of the way that it presented what Derbyshire Police were asking people to do and think it could have been done in a better way.
"Of course the media furore that took off as a result of it was perhaps a little unhelpful as well. We are very clearly living in very testing times here and that goes for the police service as well."

He then decides to grass up Cummings (who looks like a real tosser) for driving to Durham to get help for his kids as his wife had the virus and it was highly likely he would follow.

So, why the hypocrisy of Durham Crime Commissioner ??

Don't suppose it's because he's a left wing loony who was once the leader of the Police Union..........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 13:31 #3338 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Re:Coronavirus
Agreed but the message was too successful-furlough is quite an attractive proposition for the work shy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
23 May 2020 13:44 #3339 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Chilledsilly wrote: If what your saying is true , does that mean wev all been thrown under a bus by the government for no reason ?
Making them the worst government there has ever been ?
At the end of the day whether we're for or against the lockdown ...all we can do is take a lead from the PM ?
So ? ..
If wer now in the biggest debt this country has ever been .... Is it the tories to blame .....baring in mind your saying there hasn't been any need to lockdown ?


Exactly what I .ve said from day one

They've thrown us under the financial bus for the next 20 years to save a few old and sick people who in all likelihood would have been dead within a couple of years anyway and in the process killed a few hundred medical professionals and tens of thousands of care home residents whose safety would have been assured by a lockdown while the fit and healthy of us got on with our lives as they did in Sweden where the sacrificed a few thousand deaths against shutting the country down and dumping it into financial oblivion.

I.m pretty sure that the minute Brexit is delivered and Starmer has held his night of the long knives all those millions of votes belonging to White British working class people will have their loans terminated and Boris and his Tory boys will be history for a very long time.



Sweden's herd immunity policy has failed, only 7% of the population has the antibodies, so a long way short of the 80-90% needed. Plus 50% of the deaths are in care homes.

From the UK standpoint, one or two decent young people with underlying conditions have also died, contracting COVID in hospital where they were receiving treatment for other things, so back off big lad.

There are most definitely plenty I would like to throw under a bus, but furloghing people and supporting small businesses is a very responsible thing to do. Any that don't think so and feel strongly enough about it, if your a beneficiary, just send the money back, and you're conscience is clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chilledsilly
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
23 May 2020 13:50 #3340 by Chilledsilly
Replied by Chilledsilly on topic Re:Coronavirus
Just a bit of clarification needed Lord ...
You say
"successful-furlough is quite an attractive proposition for the work shy "

Let's assume I'm on furlough and.. " work shy "..
If my employer ( who is the only one able to put me on furlough)
Decides to end the furlough, and asks me to return to work ,I'm assuming I have to options
Option 1 ... return to work
Option 2 .. not return to work , but need to go on the sick or some other form of benefit?

Where does the work shy furlough come into it ?
As furlough is beyond my control ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
23 May 2020 13:51 #3341 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus
Perfect Union leader profile.

Big fat neck and looks like bouncer, the only thing missing is the bald heed !

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18348247....e-polices-drone-use/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
23 May 2020 13:54 #3342 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Re:Coronavirus

Chilledsilly wrote: Just a bit of clarification needed Lord ...
You say
"successful-furlough is quite an attractive proposition for the work shy "

Let's assume I'm on furlough and.. " work shy "..
If my employer ( who is the only one able to put me on furlough)
Decides to end the furlough, and asks me to return to work ,I'm assuming I have to options
Option 1 ... return to work
Option 2 .. not return to work , but need to go on the sick or some other form of benefit?

Where does the work shy furlough come into it ?
As furlough is beyond my control ?


My advice would be, get of furlough, send the money back, get on benefits then you can complain with a clear conscience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Chilledsilly
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
23 May 2020 13:56 #3343 by Chilledsilly
Replied by Chilledsilly on topic Re:Coronavirus
Who's complaining ???

Clarification needed why the furloughed are being stereotyped as work shy !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 14:03 #3344 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Re:Coronavirus

Laffy wrote: Agreed but the message was too successful-furlough is quite an attractive proposition for the work shy


You need to be in work to be furloughed though, the real work shy are on benefits and milkng ower grate nashun dry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 15:54 #3345 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Coronavirus
Researchers in Singapore said that there will be no more cases of the deadly bug in the UK by September 30. My birthday, double celebration. Add in the fact have missed presents for both the grandkids and eldest son during lock down, and jobs a good un.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 16:34 #3346 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Re:Coronavirus
Grant Shapps is just making up the guidelines as he’s going along in this briefing.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
23 May 2020 16:44 #3347 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Re:Coronavirus
Cummings will be gone before the end of the week.......It's the usual " the manager has the full support of the board" then gone within days.....

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 17:01 #3348 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Re:Coronavirus
I don’t agree with the lockdown - my option it’ll do more harm than good in the long term - but I’ve stuck with it.

Now we are told the guidance wasn’t a direct instruction and we could have just followed it to the best of our ability. That’s an amazing statement in order to support Cummings and undermine their own advice.

Amazing! How can we listen to them now and do what they tell us.

I’m a Boris fan, on brexit, but him/government handling of this crisis has been a disgrace.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 17:12 #3349 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Re:Coronavirus
Exactly Mullen. Makes you wonder if Cummings is in fact in charge the way they’re squirming round to protect him.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 17:14 #3350 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Re:Coronavirus
Cummins must have things on Boris and his mates the way they are rushing to support him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.