Cheltenham H Player Ratings

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
11 Feb 2020 23:23 #1 by bluebry
Cheltenham H Player Ratings was created by bluebry
Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, Burneside Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2020 23:38 #2 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
I thought we were very poor and ineffective tonight.


Collin - 7
G Jones - 6
Anderton - 6
Hayden - 7
Webster - 6
M. Jones - 5
Watt - 7 our MOTM
Guy - 6
Thomas - 4
Patrick - 5
Alessandra - 3

Fella - 2
Loft - 1
Iredale - 3

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2020 23:39 #3 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
See Nigel, it isn't hard to give things a score out of 10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Urban Designer
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 Feb 2020 02:29 #4 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

bluebry wrote: Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.


Jesus - high marks for getting beat at home off a glorified non league pub team!

I see Carlisle 2/3 times a season now but how have expectations of the fans have gone down to this level?

Owners 'skint' after the highest 'football fortune for years'!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 05:29 #5 by Windy
Replied by Windy on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Collin 6 - Couple of good saves, but punches were poor and is far too hesitant coming off his line. Wouldn't want him to be #1 next season.

G. Jones 6.5 - Solid enough, but could maybe do with a rest as he looked leggy at times
Webster 6 - Stupid foul that led to goal, but was solid otherwise
Hayden 6 - Seemed to be one most at fault for goal by not playing to whistle, but had a good game away from that. Further improvement on the ball
Anderton 6 - Couple of really good balls forward that set up attacks, but still looks like he's lacking match fitness

M. Jones 6.5 - Dependable on the ball and seemed to marshal their attacks well for the mostpart
Watt 7.5 - MOTM, some excellent passing going forward. Got away with a couple of dodgy moments early on, and set-piece delivery was up and down
Guy 5.5 - Massive shame about the injury, I think there's potential for him to be a starter next season but feel he needs the end of this season to iron out kinks in his game. Was very up and down before going off.

Thomas 4.5 - Can't think of a single positive to his night. Happens from time to time, but always worse when McKIrdy's not there to supplement him
Alessandra 6.5 - Some terrific touches to create space, but often his final pass was poor.
Patrick 5 - Quick and willing to harrass defenders, but not a great deal of quality on show. Feel he'll be like Guy and need a few games to get into the swing of things.

Subs:

Loft 2 - Utterly useless. A small upgrade on Waring the past couple of months
Iredale 6 - Put in some terrific crosses. Would've had an assist if someone bothered to run to the front post.
Fela N/A

Came up a very good defensive side. Wasn't the best watch, but miles better from the performances a couple of months ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 05:31 #6 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Mullen103 wrote: I thought we were very poor and ineffective tonight.


Collin - 7
G Jones - 6
Anderton - 6
Hayden - 7
Webster - 6
M. Jones - 5
Watt - 7 our MOTM
Guy - 6
Thomas - 4
Patrick - 5
Alessandra - 3

Fella - 2
Loft - 1
Iredale - 3


3s for Alessandra and Iredale is very harsh.

Like Swindon I thought Cheltenham were very average and we played some good stuff at times and on other night we could have got a point at least.

Not like me to be charitable after a defeat!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 07:21 #7 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
We look a million miles from where we were pre Xmas but still a defeat.It shows how far we fell rather than how far we have progressed.

As Marko says, we desperately need a mobile centre forward who can get in the six yard box.

Difficult to play pretty football in atrocious weather so it’s all about getting stuck in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 07:45 #8 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
I thought Anderton had a really good game, some great passing out of defence. Iredale looked good when he came on. Hayden and Webster have gelled nicely and looked a good pair, Watt was excellent.

Guy was ineffective for me and didn't do anything of note. Beech has 3 centre mids, Guy seems to have been pushed forward and I'm not sure it suits him. The team might have more balance with him out for a couple of weeks. Omari is quick and willing but he didn't look like either a striker or a winger last night, we could have done with Kayode.

A nervous moment when Hayden went down injured, what would we do without him?! Cheeky whisper I heard Preston have already had a look.

Wee bit practice defending set-pieces maybe? 2 in 2 games now. Considering how the organisation has improved need a couple of hours on that.

Won't hear a word against Beech, set up well with what he had, made decent enough changes when he was chasing the game. Just a shame we let that goal in, 3 decent performances but only 2 points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 08:21 #9 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

nobbyblue wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: I thought we were very poor and ineffective tonight.


Collin - 7
G Jones - 6
Anderton - 6
Hayden - 7
Webster - 6
M. Jones - 5
Watt - 7 our MOTM
Guy - 6
Thomas - 4
Patrick - 5
Alessandra - 3

Fella - 2
Loft - 1
Iredale - 3


3s for Alessandra and Iredale is very harsh.

Like Swindon I thought Cheltenham were very average and we played some good stuff at times and on other night we could have got a point at least.

Not like me to be charitable after a defeat!


Should be 6 for Alessandra - don’t know what happened there.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 09:21 #10 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Urban Designer wrote:

bluebry wrote: Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.


Jesus - high marks for getting beat at home off a glorified non league pub team!

I see Carlisle 2/3 times a season now but how have expectations of the fans have gone down to this level?

Owners 'skint' after the highest 'football fortune for years'!


It frustrates me too. It's maybe not apathy as such, but a feeling of being powerless. Fans believe there's nothing they can do, so their only option is to put up with it. I think we can get them out, but it requires everyone to play their part. Boycotting is the best option, starve them of funds. But I understand that not everyone is willing to do that, people want to see their team and that's fair enough. So if you do go to a match, bring a banner which criticizes the BOD, now that we've had it confirmed by Nigel that fans are allowed to do that. Give the directors box a constant barrage of anti board chants. It's time we take our football club back from the people who have driven it into near oblivion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 09:40 #11 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Urban Designer wrote:

bluebry wrote: Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.


Jesus - high marks for getting beat at home off a glorified non league pub team!

I see Carlisle 2/3 times a season now but how have expectations of the fans have gone down to this level?

Owners 'skint' after the highest 'football fortune for years'!


Well that 'pub' team are a lot higher in the league than we are, they have also done the double over us, so calling them a pub team is very narrow minded.
And you've watched us 2/3 times a season, well blow me down, so you've no real idea how much we have or haven't improved over the last 2/3 months, kind of says it all.
And why can't we be a bit more optimistic? these green shoots that Pressley kept harping on about are only now starting to show long after he's gone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 09:53 #12 by Bluedevil
Replied by Bluedevil on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

bluebry wrote: Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.


Jesus - high marks for getting beat at home off a glorified non league pub team!

I see Carlisle 2/3 times a season now but how have expectations of the fans have gone down to this level?

Owners 'skint' after the highest 'football fortune for years'!


It frustrates me too. It's maybe not apathy as such, but a feeling of being powerless. Fans believe there's nothing they can do, so their only option is to put up with it. I think we can get them out, but it requires everyone to play their part. Boycotting is the best option, starve them of funds. But I understand that not everyone is willing to do that, people want to see their team and that's fair enough. So if you do go to a match, bring a banner which criticizes the BOD, now that we've had it confirmed by Nigel that fans are allowed to do that. Give the directors box a constant barrage of anti board chants. It's time we take our football club back from the people who have driven it into near oblivion.


Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 10:16 #13 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Change is in the air-embrace it rather than boycott or protest.

The custodians have redefined the meaning of the word but they have now admitted they are at the end of the line-I suspect to put pressure on EWM to do something but nonetheless, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Time to get behind the club, the team, the staff and look forward to a brighter future
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bluebry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 10:21 #14 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Spot on bd...Kessler has been spouting this stuff all winter
ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN KESSLER.....give it up and watch what's going on on the pitch. The lights are still on, everybody's getting paid, time to think logically

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: bluebry, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 10:22 #15 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Bluedevil wrote: Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.


Why should you boycott? Well I'm assuming that you want the club to survive. Unless we get those three out soon, I don't think it will. I agree Jenkins is a fan, although seriously misguided and can't seem to accept how much he is damaging the club. I don't think Nixon and Patt are fans, I think they are parasites. The club will never do well with those three in charge, its chances of even surviving as a club diminish the longer they stay. If you want to still have a Carlisle United, we need to get Jenkins Nixon and Pattison out.

People better not complain on here if the club goes under, because I will be reminding them that it is their fault for allowing it to happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 10:26 #16 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Laffy wrote: Change is in the air-embrace it rather than boycott or protest.

The custodians have redefined the meaning of the word but they have now admitted they are at the end of the line-I suspect to put pressure on EWM to do something but nonetheless, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Time to get behind the club, the team, the staff and look forward to a brighter future


But how soon will that change happen Laffy? Every week those three remain, they are pushing away more and more fans. Once you lose those fans, it can be very difficult to get them back as they usually find something else to do with their weekends. The longer this drags on, the more danger the club is in.As both an employee and a fan, I want to be positive. But they aren't giving me anything to be positive about. I see the club I love slowly dying, and it seems that very few people can be arsed to do anything about it. The frustrating thing is I know those are the same people who will be the first to complain when the club finally dies - Well if it does, the fans will be just as much to blame as the BOD, because the fans can stop this, but are choosing not to!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 10:50 #17 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Bluedevil wrote: Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.


Why should you boycott? Well I'm assuming that you want the club to survive. Unless we get those three out soon, I don't think it will. I agree Jenkins is a fan, although seriously misguided and can't seem to accept how much he is damaging the club. I don't think Nixon and Patt are fans, I think they are parasites. The club will never do well with those three in charge, its chances of even surviving as a club diminish the longer they stay. If you want to still have a Carlisle United, we need to get Jenkins Nixon and Pattison out.

People better not complain on here if the club goes under, because I will be reminding them that it is their fault for allowing it to happen.


The club is 'NOT' going to go under, embrace the positive change that's starting to blow through Brunton Park.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 10:54 #18 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

bluebry wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bluedevil wrote: Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.


Why should you boycott? Well I'm assuming that you want the club to survive. Unless we get those three out soon, I don't think it will. I agree Jenkins is a fan, although seriously misguided and can't seem to accept how much he is damaging the club. I don't think Nixon and Patt are fans, I think they are parasites. The club will never do well with those three in charge, its chances of even surviving as a club diminish the longer they stay. If you want to still have a Carlisle United, we need to get Jenkins Nixon and Pattison out.

People better not complain on here if the club goes under, because I will be reminding them that it is their fault for allowing it to happen.


The club is 'NOT' going to go under, embrace the positive change that's starting to blow through Brunton Park.


Give me something to be positive about then, something a bit more ambitious and better than "We might survive in League Two". Because fans deserve more than that, where is the ambition?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 11:02 #19 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

bluebry wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bluedevil wrote: Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.


Why should you boycott? Well I'm assuming that you want the club to survive. Unless we get those three out soon, I don't think it will. I agree Jenkins is a fan, although seriously misguided and can't seem to accept how much he is damaging the club. I don't think Nixon and Patt are fans, I think they are parasites. The club will never do well with those three in charge, its chances of even surviving as a club diminish the longer they stay. If you want to still have a Carlisle United, we need to get Jenkins Nixon and Pattison out.

People better not complain on here if the club goes under, because I will be reminding them that it is their fault for allowing it to happen.


The club is 'NOT' going to go under, embrace the positive change that's starting to blow through Brunton Park.


Give me something to be positive about then, something a bit more ambitious and better than "We might survive in League Two". Because fans deserve more than that, where is the ambition?


You were on about it 'going under', I've said 'that this is NOT going to happen' its up to the individual whether they want to be positive or not, you are obviously not, fair do's it's a free country (supposedly), I think most of us could do without the negative comments for a while eh?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:03 #20 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bluebry, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:09 #21 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 11:10 #22 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!


'Like' what??
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:10 #23 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

bluebry wrote:

Kessler wrote:

bluebry wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Bluedevil wrote: Christ almighty, will you just [censored] right off with this boycotting stuff. Get it into your thick head that most of us will not boycott, why should we? its our team, our club, and whether you like it or not the directors are all Carlisle fans, they want the club to do well as much as the most loyal fans.
I agree that sometimes they don't seem good at running it, but whats the alternative then bright spark??
I don't see a great line of people down Warwick Road waiting to take it over, do you?
Just for once can you leave us more positive one's alone and you can go and wallow in your own self pity somewhere else.


Why should you boycott? Well I'm assuming that you want the club to survive. Unless we get those three out soon, I don't think it will. I agree Jenkins is a fan, although seriously misguided and can't seem to accept how much he is damaging the club. I don't think Nixon and Patt are fans, I think they are parasites. The club will never do well with those three in charge, its chances of even surviving as a club diminish the longer they stay. If you want to still have a Carlisle United, we need to get Jenkins Nixon and Pattison out.

People better not complain on here if the club goes under, because I will be reminding them that it is their fault for allowing it to happen.


The club is 'NOT' going to go under, embrace the positive change that's starting to blow through Brunton Park.


Give me something to be positive about then, something a bit more ambitious and better than "We might survive in League Two". Because fans deserve more than that, where is the ambition?


You were on about it 'going under', I've said 'that this is NOT going to happen' its up to the individual whether they want to be positive or not, you are obviously not, fair do's it's a free country (supposedly), I think most of us could do without the negative comments for a while eh?


I want to be positive, but what is there to be positive about exactly? The prospect that if we're lucky, we might survive in League Two?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:13 #24 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Colin 4: nearly cost us with the delays coming out first half, and the corner in the 2nd half being flat footed. Looses a lot of the marks because I’m not sure he managed to pass it to one of our players the entire game. Fair play to Watt for giving him both barrels when he started laying into players for not being available.


Jones -7 stead as ever.

Webster- 6 was good the majority of the game but again let himself down with the pathetic foul for the free kick.

Hayden-6 solid as ever apart from their goal.

Anderton -6 pretty solid, struggled a bit going forward, looks like the amount of games after so long had kept him out.

Watt-6 huffed and puffed gave the ball away a lot due to limited if any options in front of him. Would have ran the game if we were tactically better imo.

Guy - 7 solid always an option shame we didn’t use him more.

Jones - 6 ala watt.

Thomas -5 tried always an option, but not good enough. Was his man with the assist from the goal, not sure given how poor he is defensively why he’s not left up at set pieces.

Alesandra - 5 looked the player we all thought we’d signed, was pretty awful yesterday.

Patrick -6 decent enough, if he can get in behind he’ll get goals, was poor from the wing though. Problem we’ll have with Patrick short term is he’s not good enough with his back to goal so will struggle as a lone striker.

Subs:

Loft -4 being crap is one thing but his attitude (standing their shrugging his shoulders limited movement) is not acceptable.

Fella- 5, came short a few time’s, but struggled, should of gambeled earlier on.

Ierdale -7, came on when we were chasing the game, put a number of decent crosses into the box, shame all of our strikers have no anticipation and stood back post.


Beech - no simpler way of saying it Chris Beech got schooled today. Cheltenham came with a game plan and exercuted it.

Seemed a reluctance to play to the conditions. Seems like when conditions favour us footballing teams decent conditions etc, he can get results, but proper L2 teams were gonna struggle against.

Has he made a substitution yet which has impacted the games ? Last night seemed all about getting as many forwards on and balls into the box, trouble is Patrick, Allesandra and Fella aren’t great In the air. Would of liked to of seen him go toe for toe and matched them and played through the midfield.

Can’t help but think it’s gonna be a frustrating time until Kayode is back, as he seems our only option of playing as a lone striker.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:21 #25 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

CUFC52 wrote: Colin 4: nearly cost us with the delays coming out first half, and the corner in the 2nd half being flat footed. Looses a lot of the marks because I’m not sure he managed to pass it to one of our players the entire game. Fair play to Watt for giving him both barrels when he started laying into players for not being available.


Noticed after that Watt made a couple of stray passes and Collin was straight out at him, obviously didn't like Watt pointing out the obvious, he didn't say a word to anyone else that misplaced a pass though
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CUFC52

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:29 #26 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!



You are not trying to change anything and never will. As I said above you expect others to do it . You hide behind a keyboard and spout the same inane drivel on just about every thread and have done for months. Marks out of 10 for achievement = 0
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:29 #27 by CUFC52
Replied by CUFC52 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Southernblue wrote:

CUFC52 wrote: Colin 4: nearly cost us with the delays coming out first half, and the corner in the 2nd half being flat footed. Looses a lot of the marks because I’m not sure he managed to pass it to one of our players the entire game. Fair play to Watt for giving him both barrels when he started laying into players for not being available.


Noticed after that Watt made a couple of stray passes and Collin was straight out at him, obviously didn't like Watt pointing out the obvious, he didn't say a word to anyone else that misplaced a pass though


For me Watt seams the most captain like player we have. Last night made the case for how much we need a no nonsense leader, a Raynes or Hill type player turns round and tells Colin to shut his mouth and get on with it.

Appreciate we’ve got a lot of players on loan but we seem to have 10-11 players in this squad who are only interested in getting man of the match or their own performance. Need a few more Luke Joyce type players, who do their jobs to let the team win and would rather have 3 points than a MOTM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:32 #28 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Think it's been said before but we need an outfield player as captain. Collin isn't up to it & it's possibly why his performance is suffering. Trying to be kind to him here :)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:34 #29 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Arragorn wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!



You are not trying to change anything and never will. As I said above you expect others to do it . You hide behind a keyboard and spout the same inane drivel on just about every thread and have done for months. Marks out of 10 for achievement = 0


So I should openly criticize the BOD at which point they would sack me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:36 #30 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Yes as they probably wouldn't have a clue who you are!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:36 #31 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Arragorn wrote: Yes as they probably wouldn't have a clue who you are!


They'd sack me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:41 #32 by Talisman
Replied by Talisman on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Couldn't agree more, and I think the only reason it hasn't been changed mid-season is that it would upset the apple cart. Certain it won't be Collin next season though, whether he is still here or not. Particularly obvious he is not the right man for the job last night when Guy was on the ground for several minutes before he decided to run up to the ref and start wagging his finger in his face.
On a positive note, I know it's more noticeable on a quiet night game anyway but the amount of communication between the players last night was greatly increased-much more so than under Elvis's reign.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:50 #33 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!



You are not trying to change anything and never will. As I said above you expect others to do it . You hide behind a keyboard and spout the same inane drivel on just about every thread and have done for months. Marks out of 10 for achievement = 0


So I should openly criticize the BOD at which point they would sack me?


Don't you think it's hypocritical that you think they should resign but you won't?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 11:53 #34 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Markovitch wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Arragorn wrote: Change the bloody record Kessler. You intend to do [censored] all about the situation but expect others to do so. Either put up or shut up!


Rubbish, I'm actually trying to change things unlike most people who are happy to moan but can't be arsed doing anything!



You are not trying to change anything and never will. As I said above you expect others to do it . You hide behind a keyboard and spout the same inane drivel on just about every thread and have done for months. Marks out of 10 for achievement = 0


So I should openly criticize the BOD at which point they would sack me?


Don't you think it's hypocritical that you think they should resign but you won't?


No, I want them to resign because they are the ones running the club and are therefore responsible for what's happened over the last decade. I just work at the club, I have no say in how it's run, and am therefore not responsible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:01 #35 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:01 #36 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Talisman wrote: Couldn't agree more, and I think the only reason it hasn't been changed mid-season is that it would upset the apple cart. Certain it won't be Collin next season though, whether he is still here or not. Particularly obvious he is not the right man for the job last night when Guy was on the ground for several minutes before he decided to run up to the ref and start wagging his finger in his face.
On a positive note, I know it's more noticeable on a quiet night game anyway but the amount of communication between the players last night was greatly increased-much more so than under Elvis's reign.


I think Collin will be gone in the summer, assume this is the reason the lad from Sheff United is here as the intention must be for him to be one of our Keeper's next season.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:06 #37 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Markovitch wrote: I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”


I don't see anything morally wrong with taking their money. I do a job and am paid for it. A better question might be at what point does it become morally indefensible for fans to keep paying money into the club, propping up those three and enabling them to stay on and slowly kill the club we all love?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:11 #38 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Markovitch wrote: I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”


I don't see anything morally wrong with taking their money. I do a job and am paid for it. A better question might be at what point does it become morally indefensible for fans to keep paying money into the club, propping up those three and enabling them to stay on and slowly kill the club we all love?


And once fans stop giving them the money and they can't fund it any more what then? The club goes under and there isn't a club anymore.

As has already been pointed out there isn't a queue of people lining up to take the club on so at the moment if they are starved out that's the only solution

You've been asked a couple of times what are YOU doing and so far I've not actually seen a response from you, other than saying you are doing something but failing to say what it is, so either answer the question or change the broken record as this constant thread hijacking is beyond boring now
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch, Arragorn, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:19 #39 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Southernblue wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Markovitch wrote: I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”


I don't see anything morally wrong with taking their money. I do a job and am paid for it. A better question might be at what point does it become morally indefensible for fans to keep paying money into the club, propping up those three and enabling them to stay on and slowly kill the club we all love?


And once fans stop giving them the money and they can't fund it any more what then? The club goes under and there isn't a club anymore.

As has already been pointed out there isn't a queue of people lining up to take the club on so at the moment if they are starved out that's the only solution

You've been asked a couple of times what are YOU doing and so far I've not actually seen a response from you, other than saying you are doing something but failing to say what it is, so either answer the question or change the broken record as this constant thread hijacking is beyond boring now


The first sentence is a good question. Basically the plan would be that if we got a large enough boycott going, it would force EWM into speeding up whatever their plans are. They aren't going to want to keep throwing money at the club we're all refusing to go until the BOD leave. The understanding would be that once Jenkins Nixon and Patt are gone, those boycotting will return immediately and be happy to start putting money in again.

Maybe there's an argument that I'm not doing enough, but I feel that I'm doing everything I can in my position. I can't protest because I think theyd sack me for it. But I can ask questions to the CUSG meeting, I can try holding them to account that way and demand explanations for stuff. I'm trying to convince people to boycott, or to bring in banners which criticize the BOD, or do anti board chants, to make them see they are not wanted. If I can do better, what would you like me to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:21 #40 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Southern is absolutely right Kes. If you want them out you need an alternative. The guy at Plymouth put in £5m, they went up and came back down. In the world of football chairman Jenkins is a comparative pauper and he's put in 2.5m. Barry mentioned putting in 5m to get in the Championship, pie in the sky, Bristol C have received £30m from their owner.

We need to increase revenue from sources other than the Chairman, boycotting is the worst thing you can do. Lower crowds also mean fewer stewards, no?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: flumeblue, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:24 #41 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Markovitch wrote: Southern is absolutely right Kes. If you want them out you need an alternative. The guy at Plymouth put in £5m, they went up and came back down. In the world of football chairman Jenkins is a comparative pauper and he's put in 2.5m. Barry mentioned putting in 5m to get in the Championship, pie in the sky, Bristol C have received £30m from their owner.

We need to increase revenue from sources other than the Chairman, boycotting is the worst thing you can do. Lower crowds also mean fewer stewards, no?


Isn't EWM the alternative? I think if the BOD don't leave soon, boycotting is possibly the only thing that might save the club. Otherwise it will be a slow death, but the club is never going to manage with those three, completely outdated and lack of ambition, treat the fans like shit and always got to be right about everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 12:31 #42 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Markovitch wrote: I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”


I don't see anything morally wrong with taking their money. I do a job and am paid for it. A better question might be at what point does it become morally indefensible for fans to keep paying money into the club, propping up those three and enabling them to stay on and slowly kill the club we all love?


And once fans stop giving them the money and they can't fund it any more what then? The club goes under and there isn't a club anymore.

As has already been pointed out there isn't a queue of people lining up to take the club on so at the moment if they are starved out that's the only solution

You've been asked a couple of times what are YOU doing and so far I've not actually seen a response from you, other than saying you are doing something but failing to say what it is, so either answer the question or change the broken record as this constant thread hijacking is beyond boring now


The first sentence is a good question. Basically the plan would be that if we got a large enough boycott going, it would force EWM into speeding up whatever their plans are. They aren't going to want to keep throwing money at the club we're all refusing to go until the BOD leave. The understanding would be that once Jenkins Nixon and Patt are gone, those boycotting will return immediately and be happy to start putting money in again.

Maybe there's an argument that I'm not doing enough, but I feel that I'm doing everything I can in my position. I can't protest because I think theyd sack me for it. But I can ask questions to the CUSG meeting, I can try holding them to account that way and demand explanations for stuff. I'm trying to convince people to boycott, or to bring in banners which criticize the BOD, or do anti board chants, to make them see they are not wanted. If I can do better, what would you like me to do?


So out of interest, with your unique way of going about it, how many people have you managed to convince to boycott? bring banners? Chant Against the board?

Being that I live 300 miles away I don't go to as many games as I'd like to and I certainly feel it's time the 3 move on but if I was to get involved in any of the above, I'd at the very least expect the person encouraging me to do it to be at the least involved if not running the whole thing.

Yes EWM might be the alternative but when have they actually confirmed that? At the moment all we have is Nixon, who we all know that when his lips are moving is generally lying, saying he hopes that's what they intend to do. The Football fortune received this summer might just prompt a change at the top of the club but it's wait and see and if EWM aren't intending to take over we are back at my point who is taking over?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 13:19 #43 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Southernblue wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Southernblue wrote:

Kessler wrote:

Markovitch wrote: I was only obeying orders? So where do you draw the line? At what point does taking their money become morally indefensible?


“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”


I don't see anything morally wrong with taking their money. I do a job and am paid for it. A better question might be at what point does it become morally indefensible for fans to keep paying money into the club, propping up those three and enabling them to stay on and slowly kill the club we all love?


And once fans stop giving them the money and they can't fund it any more what then? The club goes under and there isn't a club anymore.

As has already been pointed out there isn't a queue of people lining up to take the club on so at the moment if they are starved out that's the only solution

You've been asked a couple of times what are YOU doing and so far I've not actually seen a response from you, other than saying you are doing something but failing to say what it is, so either answer the question or change the broken record as this constant thread hijacking is beyond boring now


The first sentence is a good question. Basically the plan would be that if we got a large enough boycott going, it would force EWM into speeding up whatever their plans are. They aren't going to want to keep throwing money at the club we're all refusing to go until the BOD leave. The understanding would be that once Jenkins Nixon and Patt are gone, those boycotting will return immediately and be happy to start putting money in again.

Maybe there's an argument that I'm not doing enough, but I feel that I'm doing everything I can in my position. I can't protest because I think theyd sack me for it. But I can ask questions to the CUSG meeting, I can try holding them to account that way and demand explanations for stuff. I'm trying to convince people to boycott, or to bring in banners which criticize the BOD, or do anti board chants, to make them see they are not wanted. If I can do better, what would you like me to do?


So out of interest, with your unique way of going about it, how many people have you managed to convince to boycott? bring banners? Chant Against the board?

Being that I live 300 miles away I don't go to as many games as I'd like to and I certainly feel it's time the 3 move on but if I was to get involved in any of the above, I'd at the very least expect the person encouraging me to do it to be at the least involved if not running the whole thing.

Yes EWM might be the alternative but when have they actually confirmed that? At the moment all we have is Nixon, who we all know that when his lips are moving is generally lying, saying he hopes that's what they intend to do. The Football fortune received this summer might just prompt a change at the top of the club but it's wait and see and if EWM aren't intending to take over we are back at my point who is taking over?


Yes Southern has a fair point, 'who exactly is going to take over'?
The way football is being run at the moment there are very few generous businessmen willing to take on a football club, its like pouring money down a great big black hole.
Nobody knows what EWMs intentions are, but I think its in everybody's interest if we be patient and wait and see.
The way I see it, boycotting is the absolute worst thing that can happen.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 13:57 #44 by CarlisleWhite
Replied by CarlisleWhite on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
When you see 37 unread messages on a topic that you read this morning, and can't be arsed to open the thread because you know the troll has been in action (again).
Can we not agree to stop giving him/her/it oxygen?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 14:01 #45 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Kessler thread hijacker......again

Yawn!!

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bluebry
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 15:17 #46 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

Kessler wrote:

Markovitch wrote: Southern is absolutely right Kes. If you want them out you need an alternative. The guy at Plymouth put in £5m, they went up and came back down. In the world of football chairman Jenkins is a comparative pauper and he's put in 2.5m. Barry mentioned putting in 5m to get in the Championship, pie in the sky, Bristol C have received £30m from their owner.

We need to increase revenue from sources other than the Chairman, boycotting is the worst thing you can do. Lower crowds also mean fewer stewards, no?


Isn't EWM the alternative? I think if the BOD don't leave soon, boycotting is possibly the only thing that might save the club. Otherwise it will be a slow death, but the club is never going to manage with those three, completely outdated and lack of ambition, treat the fans like shit and always got to be right about everything.


Tell you how you could help Kessler, help them by agreeing to work for nowt, Jenk's, Pattison and as far as I'm aware Nixon don't get paid!
That would help the club far more than boycotting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 16:25 #47 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

bluebry wrote:

Urban Designer wrote:

bluebry wrote: Disappointing night, I thought they controlled the conditions better than we did, and their back four were a very tight, closely knit outfit.
However there were quite a few bright signs, and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point.

Collin - 5 Not convinced this season, opts to punch rather than catch a lot more than I would have liked, however understandable with the weather tonight.
G Jones - 7 Solid as ever
Anderton - 6 Faded a bit in second half but put in a decent shift.
Hayden - 8.5 Very close to being man of the Match again, kind of wonder what on earth went through Pressley's mind when he failed to involve him game after game after game.....baffling
Webster - 9 Won everything, was playing a captains role urging everybody forward, never hid from a challenge, on this form he will be here next season, and on this form I will be more than happy.
M. Jones - 7 Worked his backside off
Watt - 8.5 Another candidate for MOTM, had an excellent second half, never misplaced a pass and was urging everybody on.
Guy - 7 A lot of promise, so disappointing to see him leave the action on a stretcher, really hope its not as bad as it looked.
Thomas - 6 Very frustrating night, we all know on his day he can be a match winner, but he really needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay the ball off to a team mate in a better position.
Patrick - 7 His pace will upset any defence in this division, however needs to be a bit more composed in front of goal, very promising IMO!!
Alessandra - 7 Tricky little player, moves into space well, think he needs a goal.

Subs All OK but nowt special, would have liked to seen Bridge on instead of Iredale when Guy got injured.

Ref - 4 A clown, missed loads, and their players were simply taking the urine with the time wasting.
Linesman on Paddock side - 1 Could not wait to get his flag up, I know where I would have liked to stick it, was wondering if he came up on the Cheltenham bus???

Beech - 7 Thought the team selection was more or less spot on, however would have liked to see Bridge replace Guy, after his performance on Saturday.


Jesus - high marks for getting beat at home off a glorified non league pub team!

I see Carlisle 2/3 times a season now but how have expectations of the fans have gone down to this level?

Owners 'skint' after the highest 'football fortune for years'!


Well that 'pub' team are a lot higher in the league than we are, they have also done the double over us, so calling them a pub team is very narrow minded.
And you've watched us 2/3 times a season, well blow me down, so you've no real idea how much we have or haven't improved over the last 2/3 months, kind of says it all.
And why can't we be a bit more optimistic? these green shoots that Pressley kept harping on about are only now starting to show long after he's gone.


Give over Bry - stop believing this crap that Pressley had any green shoots, your mate nearly wrecked the club yet all you can do is harp on about how crap Curle was all the time.

If we had took your advice and gave the useless get Pressley more time then we would have been rock bottom by now.

Just goes to show that personally knowing a crap manager and players clouds your judgement over if they are any good or not - look at Jenkins for example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 16:39 #48 by BlueBanana
Replied by BlueBanana on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings
Anyone fancy chipping in for a 'kessler out' banner?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete, melbourneblues, CCU, Arragorn, Zebby and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 18:28 #49 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

BlueBanana wrote: Anyone fancy chipping in for a 'kessler out' banner?


Once the BOD leave, I will no longer post on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 18:30 #50 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic Cheltenham H Player Ratings

bluebry wrote: Yes Southern has a fair point, 'who exactly is going to take over'?
The way football is being run at the moment there are very few generous businessmen willing to take on a football club, its like pouring money down a great big black hole.
Nobody knows what EWMs intentions are, but I think its in everybody's interest if we be patient and wait and see.
The way I see it, boycotting is the absolute worst thing that can happen.


The reason I disagree with that is because every week we "wait and see" the club loses more and more fans. Once those fans find other things to do, and other activities on a weekend, it can be range from hard to nearly impossible to get them back. I don't think we can afford to wait and see, I think we need to force the issue by boycotting, that would force EWM to speed up whatever their plans are, because billionaires don't like throwing money into a black hole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.