How modern football became broken beyond repair

  • triskelionblue
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
12 Feb 2020 15:07 #1 by triskelionblue
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Flatcap, flumeblue, Bluedazblue, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 21:15 #2 by flumeblue
Replied by flumeblue on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
How lucky was I to live in a time when I watched Carlisle United rise from the 4th Division to the top of the First. (For those youngsters among you - tier 4 to the Premiership).
Will this football financial bubble burst?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: triskelionblue, topstepwhinger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 21:27 #3 by pacirv
Flumeblue was like you, lucky enough to have witnessed United at the top table and seen them more than gold their own against any team especially at home. Back when players had loyalty to clubs and the game was full of characters and was classed as an entertainment. The big greedy clubs are killing the game off. Wont be long before they join a European super league personally I would be happy to see them gone although brexit might have put paid to their ambitions.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Wukkie, triskelionblue, Peekaboo Flo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bluedazblue
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
12 Feb 2020 21:57 #4 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
I disagree that Brexit might have put paid to our clubs going into a European league. It's all about money.

If having English teams in a European league meant more profit they'd go for it.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: thesilentone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 22:21 #5 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair

Bluedazblue wrote: I disagree that Brexit might have put paid to our clubs going into a European league. It's all about money.

If having English teams in a European league meant more profit they'd go for it.


I don't think it will affect them going one bit the European league will need them.

If I were the other 14 PL clubs i.d been doing everything I could to be waving them goodbye and then with all they're worth protect the 3 pm blackout.

Yes the tv money would go down but the clubs wouldn't suffer they'd just pay the players less and more than anything it will mean there would be possibly 30 clubs capable of winning it who aren't even in with a shout right now which would create a more level and competitive playing field which can only lead in one direction

And from what i.m told by somebody in the game we.re only a couple of years away from being able to broadcast a match to the world but excluding subscribers within x miles of certain postcodes meaning all 20 clubs could play on a Saturday afternoon with the rest of the world watching and if you do the maths you wouldn't have to monetise that many of your fans around the world to replace the Sky tv money, for instance, Crystal Palace are said to have a million fans in China alone.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
12 Feb 2020 22:32 #6 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
I just wish these big clubs, from whatever country bugger off and form a European super league.

If England, Spain, Italy and Germany lost their top teams to a super league the rest might actually believe they could win something, the FA cup might be back to the way it was 50 years ago.

I have always thought if Celtic and Rangers left the Scottish league the likes of Aberdeen, the Edinburgh and Dundee clubs would have a realistic chance of silverware and their fans would see a bit of hope instead of playing second fiddle to the old firm.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 22:52 #7 by topstepwhinger
Replied by topstepwhinger on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
You are absolutely right, as soon as someone has the balls to say to 'the big 6' enough is enough they will be off to join their own super league.
The Champions League is almost that now, but there is still too much chaff for their liking and too many long trips for the pampered and overpaid elite.
I also say let them go and good riddance.
If you had taken a poll of 'true football supporters' and asked them who they wanted to win the league in 2016 99% would have said Leicester, because for a short while they made it feel that success was attainable for others outside the 'big 6'.
What is the point if 'real football fans' can't dream of progressing through the leagues as teams did in the past - without Middle Eastern money.
As it stands those who support teams in the Premiership either hope they win their mini league to reach the holy grail of the Champions League, their mini league to start playing in July in the Europa League, their mini league to comfortably avoid relegation, or their mini league to finish fourth from bottom. Even if they do get relegated they get their parachute payment in order to keep them above the plebs in the Championship.
So I say again, **** off and good riddance.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty, NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 23:04 #8 by Kessler

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Bluedazblue wrote: I disagree that Brexit might have put paid to our clubs going into a European league. It's all about money.

If having English teams in a European league meant more profit they'd go for it.


I don't think it will affect them going one bit the European league will need them.

If I were the other 14 PL clubs i.d been doing everything I could to be waving them goodbye and then with all they're worth protect the 3 pm blackout.

Yes the tv money would go down but the clubs wouldn't suffer they'd just pay the players less and more than anything it will mean there would be possibly 30 clubs capable of winning it who aren't even in with a shout right now which would create a more level and competitive playing field which can only lead in one direction

And from what i.m told by somebody in the game we.re only a couple of years away from being able to broadcast a match to the world but excluding subscribers within x miles of certain postcodes meaning all 20 clubs could play on a Saturday afternoon with the rest of the world watching and if you do the maths you wouldn't have to monetise that many of your fans around the world to replace the Sky tv money, for instance, Crystal Palace are said to have a million fans in China alone.


How does the bit about excluding subscribers within x miles of a postcode work, how does it know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 00:05 #9 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair

Kessler wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Bluedazblue wrote: I disagree that Brexit might have put paid to our clubs going into a European league. It's all about money.

If having English teams in a European league meant more profit they'd go for it.


I don't think it will affect them going one bit the European league will need them.

If I were the other 14 PL clubs i.d been doing everything I could to be waving them goodbye and then with all they're worth protect the 3 pm blackout.

Yes the tv money would go down but the clubs wouldn't suffer they'd just pay the players less and more than anything it will mean there would be possibly 30 clubs capable of winning it who aren't even in with a shout right now which would create a more level and competitive playing field which can only lead in one direction

And from what i.m told by somebody in the game we.re only a couple of years away from being able to broadcast a match to the world but excluding subscribers within x miles of certain postcodes meaning all 20 clubs could play on a Saturday afternoon with the rest of the world watching and if you do the maths you wouldn't have to monetise that many of your fans around the world to replace the Sky tv money, for instance, Crystal Palace are said to have a million fans in China alone.


How does the bit about excluding subscribers within x miles of a postcode work, how does it know?



As i understand it it works something like this

Do you ever get a box that pops up that says this website wants your permission to track your location? and if you give them permission it pretty accurately knows where you are.

Now I haven't a clue how this actually works I just know that it does. I think when connecting via a landline it knows the location of the green box you're connected to or in the case of mobile systems then the cell tower you're connected thru.

And I believe that permission to track your location would be in the terms and conditions of signing up for the service and unless you read them you wouldn't know that you'd given them the authority to do it.

Maybe if someone who knows a little more about the technology knows better then i.d be more than happy to be put right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 00:12 #10 by Kessler
Ok thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
13 Feb 2020 00:20 #11 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair

topstepwhinger wrote: You are absolutely right, as soon as someone has the balls to say to 'the big 6' enough is enough they will be off to join their own super league.
The Champions League is almost that now, but there is still too much chaff for their liking and too many long trips for the pampered and overpaid elite.
I also say let them go and good riddance.
If you had taken a poll of 'true football supporters' and asked them who they wanted to win the league in 2016 99% would have said Leicester, because for a short while they made it feel that success was attainable for others outside the 'big 6'.
What is the point if 'real football fans' can't dream of progressing through the leagues as teams did in the past - without Middle Eastern money.
As it stands those who support teams in the Premiership either hope they win their mini league to reach the holy grail of the Champions League, their mini league to start playing in July in the Europa League, their mini league to comfortably avoid relegation, or their mini league to finish fourth from bottom. Even if they do get relegated they get their parachute payment in order to keep them above the plebs in the Championship.
So I say again, **** off and good riddance.


I go back to the days where the European cup competitions used to include the likes of Gornike Zabre, Sparta Prague, Upjest Doze and Red Star Belgrade ( excuse the spelling ). Now all we have is prem teams, big Spanish, Italian or German 2 or 3.


zzzzzz
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mammoth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 08:36 #12 by Graemehud
Replied by Graemehud on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
I haven’t watched the Premier League it Champions League in years
Can’t stand this tippy tappy stuff or Lineker, prefer a bit of getting stuck in football.
Whatever happened to hard defenders with grit and determination
The following user(s) Liked this post:: triskelionblue, harraby exile, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 08:49 #13 by pacirv
If the big 6 did join a European or even world super league, then I presume they would try and stick their U23 sides in whatever set up was left here. I know what I would tell them to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bluedazblue
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
13 Feb 2020 11:14 #14 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair

pacirv wrote: If the big 6 did join a European or even world super league, then I presume they would try and stick their U23 sides in whatever set up was left here. I know what I would tell them to do.


I bet JN would vote in favour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • triskelionblue
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
13 Feb 2020 11:50 #15 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
I saw us progress through the Leagues too to top the old Division 1.

I have little or no interest in the Premiership due to the money. It is no longer a competition on a level playing field. I thought this was a good article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • markredfox73
  • markredfox73's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
13 Feb 2020 17:45 #16 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
Nixon claims we would be kicked out thec keague if we didnt tow the party line in the fake trophy... Ive heard some horseshit excuses in my time but this is up there.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • markredfox73
  • markredfox73's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
13 Feb 2020 17:46 #17 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair
Can we edit again please?my typo errors are a joke

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 17:53 #18 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic How modern football became broken beyond repair

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Bluedazblue wrote: I disagree that Brexit might have put paid to our clubs going into a European league. It's all about money.

If having English teams in a European league meant more profit they'd go for it.


I don't think it will affect them going one bit the European league will need them.

If I were the other 14 PL clubs i.d been doing everything I could to be waving them goodbye and then with all they're worth protect the 3 pm blackout.

Yes the tv money would go down but the clubs wouldn't suffer they'd just pay the players less and more than anything it will mean there would be possibly 30 clubs capable of winning it who aren't even in with a shout right now which would create a more level and competitive playing field which can only lead in one direction

And from what i.m told by somebody in the game we.re only a couple of years away from being able to broadcast a match to the world but excluding subscribers within x miles of certain postcodes meaning all 20 clubs could play on a Saturday afternoon with the rest of the world watching and if you do the maths you wouldn't have to monetise that many of your fans around the world to replace the Sky tv money, for instance, Crystal Palace are said to have a million fans in China alone.



offthepitch.com/a/netflix-style-streamin....com&wv_id=&wv_name=

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.