McQueen Update

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
08 Jul 2016 08:12 #1 by CCU
McQueen Update was created by CCU

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 08:43 #2 by chesterviabothel
Replied by chesterviabothel on topic McQueen Update
Exactly what I thought...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
08 Jul 2016 08:43 #3 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic McQueen Update
Withdraw the offer. It's obvious he'd rather be elsewhere and we're just a last resort.

We have a lad on trial as well as Tom Miller and David Atkinson who can play there, so we're not exactly desperate for him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 09:04 #4 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic McQueen Update

crunchblue wrote: Withdraw the offer. It's obvious he'd rather be elsewhere and we're just a last resort.

We have a lad on trial as well as Tom Miller and David Atkinson who can play there, so we're not exactly desperate for him.


Withdraw our offer and lose out on possible compensation ?

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 09:05 #5 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic McQueen Update
I have always been massively impressed by McQueen's pace and energy and he can play football as well. Of all our players recently it is McQueen that I expected to end up playing in the Premier League purely because he can run and run and run. When you look at the ridiculous valuation for Raheem Sterling, if I was a scout McQueen would be a no-brainer to try and steal from us as a continuing development project. He may or may not make it but a big club can take the gamble as he has enough raw talent to begin with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
08 Jul 2016 09:06 - 08 Jul 2016 09:07 #6 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update
With Atkinson id rather he played as a CB, and only a RB in an emergency. If our defence is to improve, players in best positions. Atkinson/Brisley has potential a CB pairing IMO.

McQueen can go. We're probably only keeping contract on table to get compensation...

Agreed CarWash, can see McQueen having a better career but Miller probably more L2 ready.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 09:07 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 09:11 #7 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic McQueen Update
McQueen is quick and can cross the ball so is ideal as a wing back but not in a back four where his defending is questionable.

Maybe he's sick of Curle calling him a 'project' all the time! And for a young Londoner there's not much to do in the frozen north. :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this post:: carwash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
08 Jul 2016 09:53 #8 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic McQueen Update

Happyblue wrote:

crunchblue wrote: Withdraw the offer. It's obvious he'd rather be elsewhere and we're just a last resort.

We have a lad on trial as well as Tom Miller and David Atkinson who can play there, so we're not exactly desperate for him.


Withdraw our offer and lose out on possible compensation ?


Good point well made with a "you're a f***tard question". I stand corrected. Ok maybe keep the offer on the table, but move on. Plan without him.

CCU I agree with that DA is a better centre back, we've got Miller as our first choice RB, a lad in on trial, but at least if worse comes to worst we know Atkinson can play there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 10:13 #9 by Zebby
Replied by Zebby on topic McQueen Update
I think the fact the offer is still on the table means KC thinks there is a load of potential in him and could play at a very good level...i don't mind us being patient on this one he may be getting his head turned but I don't think many better options out there for us and would be an asset of he did come back..however unlikley

Be just and fear not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 11:43 #10 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update
A lot of people bigging McQueen up here, lets remember he's soft as shite

Anybody on here would have him in the starting 11 ahead of Miller?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, bruntonpete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
08 Jul 2016 11:52 #11 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic McQueen Update

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: A lot of people bigging McQueen up here, lets remember he's soft as shite

Anybody on here would have him in the starting 11 ahead of Miller?


Nope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 11:57 #12 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic McQueen Update
It's horses for courses. Miller is suited to L2. McQueen's talents probably lie as an impact substitute at a much higher level where he doesn't get hacked to pieces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 12:07 - 08 Jul 2016 12:10 #13 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update

carwash wrote: It's horses for courses. Miller is suited to L2. McQueen's talents probably lie as an impact substitute at a much higher level where he doesn't get hacked to pieces.


Never heard a right back described as an impact sub and if thats his talent coming off the bench he's not gonna have a long career in football.

Miller also has potential, if we're doing well in the league and Miller has notched a few goals then people are gonna notice him.
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 12:10 by TheLazyLewisGuy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • walwynlegend
  • walwynlegend's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
08 Jul 2016 12:14 #14 by walwynlegend
Replied by walwynlegend on topic McQueen Update
Miller is a better right back and has signed plus we have better options further forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 12:33 #15 by Northumbrian
Replied by Northumbrian on topic McQueen Update
I personally don't think either McQueen or Miller are good enough defensively. They are both great going forward but both have been slaughtered by decent wingers in L2. Both great wing backs but in a back four then questionable defensively... Miller is better but still not great at defending for me...but he does pop up with goals which explains his popularity with fans and helps cover the lack of positional sense he shows at times.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Poopdeck, Bruntonpasty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • wetheriggscufc
  • wetheriggscufc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
08 Jul 2016 13:34 #16 by wetheriggscufc
Replied by wetheriggscufc on topic McQueen Update
The new lad on trial looked impressive on Weds vs. Kendal - he'd be my project, got more of the natural assets to progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 14:49 #17 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic McQueen Update

wetheriggscufc wrote: The new lad on trial looked impressive on Weds vs. Kendal - he'd be my project, got more of the natural assets to progress.


What was his name?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
08 Jul 2016 14:52 #18 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update

nobbyblue wrote:

wetheriggscufc wrote: The new lad on trial looked impressive on Weds vs. Kendal - he'd be my project, got more of the natural assets to progress.


What was his name?


Believed to be James Baillie who was with Crewe...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
08 Jul 2016 15:01 #19 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update
McQueen has some new boots!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 17:23 #20 by Bluesmad
Replied by Bluesmad on topic McQueen Update
Well they don't match the Bournemouth kit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 17:27 #21 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update
Surely i'm not the only one hoping he goes to Bournemouth out of curiosity as to how much compo we would get.

By Keiths interview it could be anyone on the south coast and also sounds like we havent offered him a great weekly wage but he has got to earn that with his next year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
08 Jul 2016 17:37 #22 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update

Bluesmad wrote: Well they don't match the Bournemouth kit!


What boots match any kit these days?

Why Umbro too, after his summer with Nike Football you'd think they'd sort him?!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 18:36 #23 by lbtufty
Replied by lbtufty on topic McQueen Update
James Tavernier has spotted the ongoing situation with McQueen and is clearly issuing a 'come and get me' plea to Keith.....

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08...ngers-contract-offer

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 18:45 #24 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update

lbtufty wrote: James Tavernier has spotted the ongoing situation with McQueen and is clearly issuing a 'come and get me' plea to Keith.....

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08...ngers-contract-offer


Maybe something to do with the 80 grand a week Barton is on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2016 19:20 #25 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic McQueen Update

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote:

lbtufty wrote: James Tavernier has spotted the ongoing situation with McQueen and is clearly issuing a 'come and get me' plea to Keith.....

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08...ngers-contract-offer


Maybe something to do with the 80 grand a week Barton is on


Closer to £20k. But will still be a lot more than both of them are on. Both still have contracts till 2018 though.
www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/26/report-dis...-ibrox-side-rangers/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 00:50 #26 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic McQueen Update
Surely when as a footballer you sign a contract until 2018 its tough shit if someone comes in on more money 2 years before the end of your deal?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 08:12 #27 by Jumpforfun
Replied by Jumpforfun on topic McQueen Update
I think that with the squad KC is assembling there might not be too much room for "projects". In almost all positions there are players of apparent quality waiting for chances.

While II think McQueen has potential I don't buy all this better at a higher level stuff. If he can't defend in league 2 then there's no point keeping him as he won't be able to defend in league 1 either where he will come up against better players.

Happy enough if he signs but not that concerned if he doesn't!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 09:53 #28 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic McQueen Update
Yeah he was ok but nothing special yet. Crossing improved massively with a run of games and his game did in general but he was soft and his positional sense was awry but that can be worked on.
I'm happy either way but if he goes let's hope we see some decent compo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 11:01 #29 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic McQueen Update

Dancingbear wrote: Surely when as a footballer you sign a contract until 2018 its tough shit if someone comes in on more money 2 years before the end of your deal?


Yup, they should be having a word with their agents for not getting promotion/yearly wage rises in their contracts rather than the club.

After all its in the clubs interests to pay it's players as little as possible for as long as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2016 16:27 #30 by chesterviabothel
Replied by chesterviabothel on topic McQueen Update
Currently at Wireless festival going by his Instagram. Wonder how much training he's doing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
13 Jul 2016 09:28 #31 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
13 Jul 2016 09:36 #32 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic McQueen Update
It's taking the piss now. After tonight there'll only be 3 first team friendlies left. He'll be miles behind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 09:48 #33 by PADDOCK
Replied by PADDOCK on topic McQueen Update
Get him up here, give him a good hiding on the pitch and then kick his sad arse all the way down Warwick Road. The poncy prima donna isn't that good to justify waiting for him to give an answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 10:37 #34 by loser
Replied by loser on topic McQueen Update
Sounds like his agent is probably putting daft ideas in his head and dictating what he does.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 10:40 #35 by bluestblue
Replied by bluestblue on topic McQueen Update
The grass is always greener at that age

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 12:10 #36 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update
If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
13 Jul 2016 12:40 #37 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic McQueen Update

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).


Realistically, how much Compo would we get? Only with us a year after being at Spurs. Doubt it would be much?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 12:43 #38 by chesterviabothel
Replied by chesterviabothel on topic McQueen Update

CCU wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).


Realistically, how much Compo would we get? Only with us a year after being at Spurs. Doubt it would be much?


No idea, but enough to cover his replacement's wages for at least a season would be handy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 13:19 #39 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic McQueen Update

chesterviabothel wrote:

CCU wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).


Realistically, how much Compo would we get? Only with us a year after being at Spurs. Doubt it would be much?


No idea, but enough to cover his replacement's wages for at least a season would be handy.


Well if he went to a PL club and signed a contract worth even say 10 or 15k a week i would think we.ll be due a decent amount esp as he came to us after being freed by Spurs his development rights to them will be voided But what will count against us will be the low value of the contract we have offered him. If its true about the PL club interest you would of thought they would of wanted it tied up to allow him to do a full pre season.

Its said that some clubs who go on paying players beyond their contracts insist the players are paid that money in cash and collect it personally from the club as a way of ensuring contact is maintained.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 14:21 #40 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update
He wont be on anything over 1k a week if he was to go to any club premier league or not. He was not released by spurs, he turned down an extra year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 14:21 #41 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic McQueen Update

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

CCU wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).


Realistically, how much Compo would we get? Only with us a year after being at Spurs. Doubt it would be much?


No idea, but enough to cover his replacement's wages for at least a season would be handy.


Well if he went to a PL club and signed a contract worth even say 10 or 15k a week i would think we.ll be due a decent amount esp as he came to us after being freed by Spurs his development rights to them will be voided But what will count against us will be the low value of the contract we have offered him. If its true about the PL club interest you would of thought they would of wanted it tied up to allow him to do a full pre season.

Its said that some clubs who go on paying players beyond their contracts insist the players are paid that money in cash and collect it personally from the club as a way of ensuring contact is maintained.


Id be amazed if he gets taken on by a premier league club and even more amazed if they pay him £10 to £15k a week. £1k to £1.5k tops if they do.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • crunchblue
  • crunchblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
13 Jul 2016 14:25 #42 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic McQueen Update

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: He wont be on anything over 1k a week if he was to go to any club premier league or not. He was not released by spurs, he turned down an extra year.


Did we have to pay Spurs compensation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 14:28 #43 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update

crunchblue wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: He wont be on anything over 1k a week if he was to go to any club premier league or not. He was not released by spurs, he turned down an extra year.


Did we have to pay Spurs compensation?


Never heard out but i could imagine a sell on clause will be there somewhere which spurs may miss out on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 15:07 #44 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic McQueen Update

Dancingbear wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

chesterviabothel wrote:

CCU wrote:

TheLazyLewisGuy wrote: If there was no compensation, no way would keith have let him have this long.

Hopefully they'll know soon and can use his wages to strengthen another position (left back).


Realistically, how much Compo would we get? Only with us a year after being at Spurs. Doubt it would be much?


No idea, but enough to cover his replacement's wages for at least a season would be handy.


Well if he went to a PL club and signed a contract worth even say 10 or 15k a week i would think we.ll be due a decent amount esp as he came to us after being freed by Spurs his development rights to them will be voided But what will count against us will be the low value of the contract we have offered him. If its true about the PL club interest you would of thought they would of wanted it tied up to allow him to do a full pre season.

Its said that some clubs who go on paying players beyond their contracts insist the players are paid that money in cash and collect it personally from the club as a way of ensuring contact is maintained.


Id be amazed if he gets taken on by a premier league club and even more amazed if they pay him £10 to £15k a week. £1k to £1.5k tops if they do.


Well as hes had a professional contract with us i think that stops him being registered as a development squad player so even at Bournmoth he.ll be on nearer 10k than 1k and if he isnt he needs a new agent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 22:06 #45 by hiveblue
Replied by hiveblue on topic McQueen Update
According to Jon Colman on Twitter,Curle said they'd heard McQueen was training with another club.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 23:11 #46 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic McQueen Update
Who in their right [censored] mind will pay McQueen £500k- 750k a year when his alternative is playing for Carlisle for £40k a year. Behave
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 23:14 #47 by Windermerelad
Replied by Windermerelad on topic McQueen Update
Agreed, Northernsoul is in a dream world
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 21:06 #48 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic McQueen Update

Windermerelad wrote: Agreed, Northernsoul is in a dream world


So lets get this right you think 22 year old premier league first team squad players are on less than a grand a week ?

Its you guys who are in dreamworld.

But as it happens the talk of AQ and a premier league club are a load of crap hes training with a championship club and definitely wont be returning to Carlisle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 21:31 #49 by TheLazyLewisGuy
Replied by TheLazyLewisGuy on topic McQueen Update
We will have paid 50% of Gillespheys contract, i reckon that will have been around £500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 23:04 #50 by Windermerelad
Replied by Windermerelad on topic McQueen Update
NORTHERN SOUL I think that squad players are on less than 10k yes. I don't know this just can't imagine they are

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.