Brexit

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
31 Oct 2017 18:52 #1 by orfc
Brexit was created by orfc
Why does no-one ever mention Brexit on here?

Anyways, David "Davy" Davies reckons the withdrawal agreement he'll negotiate will favour the EU. Top negotiating there.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/d...-lords-a8029916.html
www.express.co.uk/news/politics/873701/B...-deal-House-of-Lords


Probably half the government team, just want to wrap it up so they can get back to sex pestering their assistants (what odd things exactly has Rory asked his assistant to do?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
31 Oct 2017 19:17 #2 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Brexit
Ahem!


Falls off chair laughing!

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2017 19:39 #3 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
There isn't anything difficult in saying to them that we will pay our way for two to three years then you get f uck all, treat our citizens with respect in your countries and we will treat yours accordingly.

Fail to do so and we will place sanctions against your countries and slap massive tax on your exports making them unaffordable and we will bring the EU to its knees.

Their choice really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 08:53 #4 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic Brexit
On the news today were some people on about being unable to challenge the Govt, in this case it was about the Grenfell fire and Hillsborough, as it stands its bad enough but there is the option of going to the European court to challenge the Govt. I presume that option will disappear once we are not longer in Europe giving the Govt carte Blanche to do, or not do what they should.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
01 Nov 2017 11:23 #5 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit
Soul's guru could be getting his collar felt -->

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41829107

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 16:50 #6 by ExiledJock
Replied by ExiledJock on topic Brexit
Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 16:57 #7 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.


Awwww what a pity that the farmers slaves aren't coming over any more - maybe better farmers will take over the farms and learn how to deal with the supermarkets and employers better.

Stick the price of your product up and explain why you are doing it just like the dairy farmers that NS uses.

They wont do this though as it is just another spin on Brexit whilst they go for this second referendum guff..
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Gannadan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BlueAl
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
01 Nov 2017 17:38 #8 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic Brexit

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 17:48 #9 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

BlueAl wrote:

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.


Use the EU money while we are still in it to re-locate some of our workforce to where the work is then offer incentives and moving costs, don't make people have to do it as I reckon there would be enough willing to move say from Liverpool to Norfolk.

Thing is the government will not touch this idea as they want us to believe we need immigrant workers and this would damage their plans of keeping a virtually open border.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Gannadan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Away
  • Team Captain
  • Team Captain
More
01 Nov 2017 19:01 #10 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote:

BlueAl wrote:

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.


Use the EU money while we are still in it to re-locate some of our workforce to where the work is then offer incentives and moving costs, don't make people have to do it as I reckon there would be enough willing to move say from Liverpool to Norfolk.

Thing is the government will not touch this idea as they want us to believe we need immigrant workers and this would damage their plans of keeping a virtually open border.


Am thinking Liverpool folk would need a crash course on vegetable spotting munchy ha ha .

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 19:08 #11 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
Imagine if it happened - in twenty years time the Norfolk folks accent mixed with scouser would sound Dutch :)

Mentioned Liverpool because the unemployment figures are usually high but I imagine loads would jump at the chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
01 Nov 2017 19:13 #12 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit
All academic once brexit is reversed when it becomes clear russian money bought the result like the american election :-)

If Farage and Trump aren't in jail come 2020 I'll eat my cossack hat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2017 19:19 #13 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
Why anyone would want to be dictated to by Merkel is beyond me.

Sooner Brexit happens and the kids learn to put Britain first will be the first step on us re-building our empire.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan, Gannadan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
01 Nov 2017 20:45 #14 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Brexit
I was having a chat with a client of mine about Brexit, he's a reluctant remainer. He believes we will be better off "in" but believes that the biggest problems the EU has are, 1) it's reluctance to introduce change and 2) the strength of the Germans and the French within the EU. I agreed whole heartedly with his two concerns as they are two very good reasons to leave in my opinion, the Germans and the french will never allow any change that diminishes their power and strength or allows anyone else to get a good look into the trough.

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 08:10 #15 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

orfc wrote: Soul's guru could be getting his collar felt -->

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41829107


No idea why you would think he.s my guru ?

Were available for hire for a spot of political activism to anybody [ Torries excepted obviously ] with the cash to pay for it.

And as you can see Banks clearly did. But f you think that the figures they have a true then your as made as they are because i.d put money on that cash paid to us isnt included in those figures Why would it be ? But its not surprising other people are now winging not only because they lost but because they spent their money in completely the wrong way.

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 08:17 - 02 Nov 2017 08:24 #16 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit
...

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 08:24 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 08:21 #17 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.


Complete and utter Bollocks

There are streets in East London where if you pull up with an empty minibus and a wedge full of cash you.ll have yourself a workforce in 10 minutes so if the farmer's food is rotting then its no ones fault but their own.

Problem to me is more likely that certain police forces have stepped up their game against the gangmasters who.ve had free reign to fill this country with East European illegal workers for the last 10 years and its them that have done the runner and not the actual workers.

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 12:10 #18 by MerseysideBlue
Replied by MerseysideBlue on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote:

BlueAl wrote:

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.


Use the EU money while we are still in it to re-locate some of our workforce to where the work is then offer incentives and moving costs, don't make people have to do it as I reckon there would be enough willing to move say from Liverpool to Norfolk.

Thing is the government will not touch this idea as they want us to believe we need immigrant workers and this would damage their plans of keeping a virtually open border.


That sounds more like Soviet Russia. The Committee would be proud of such a suggestion, comrade! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
02 Nov 2017 13:21 #19 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

BlueAl wrote:

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.


Use the EU money while we are still in it to re-locate some of our workforce to where the work is then offer incentives and moving costs, don't make people have to do it as I reckon there would be enough willing to move say from Liverpool to Norfolk.

Thing is the government will not touch this idea as they want us to believe we need immigrant workers and this would damage their plans of keeping a virtually open border.


That sounds more like Soviet Russia. The Committee would be proud of such a suggestion, comrade! :silly:


Or the Khmer Rouge depopulating the cities to grow crops, back to brexit year zero everyone :-) Who will be Pol Pot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 13:23 #20 by bruntonpete
Replied by bruntonpete on topic Brexit
20 years ago when I was at uni, I would have jumped at the chance to work on site in Norfolk with my mates for the summer. A few hundred quid, a good laugh and a great experience. Surely times haven't changed that much and plenty of folk would do the same.
Historically, folk who can't find work in their own area travel to find it - either within the UK or, Jimmy nail and co style - overseas.
The reason they did and do is through necessity and adventure.
Plenty folk in this country will do or should be made to do these jobs. It will do them and our country the world of good.
Proper conditions, a decent wage for a decent days work. Short term contracts with terms to protect the worker and the employer and off we go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 13:56 #21 by greenhurst
Replied by greenhurst on topic Brexit
8% of EU exports go to UK; 53% of UK exports go to EU. Slapping a big tax will bring who to whose knees?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 14:41 - 02 Nov 2017 14:42 #22 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit

greenhurst wrote: 8% of EU exports go to UK; 53% of UK exports go to EU. Slapping a big tax will bring who to whose knees?


Anyone can type a few numbers, you need substance to support it...

Are we talking goods? Services? Both?

For exports, trade in goods and services with the EU has declined in proportion, from 55% of UK exports in 2000 to 44% of UK exports in 2015.

Most of the decline in the EU’s share of UK exports is due to goods, not services.


Source: visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-trade-partners/

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 14:42 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 15:12 #23 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Brexit

bruntonpete wrote: 20 years ago when I was at uni, I would have jumped at the chance to work on site in Norfolk with my mates for the summer. A few hundred quid, a good laugh and a great experience. Surely times haven't changed that much and plenty of folk would do the same.
Historically, folk who can't find work in their own area travel to find it - either within the UK or, Jimmy nail and co style - overseas.
The reason they did and do is through necessity and adventure.
Plenty folk in this country will do or should be made to do these jobs. It will do them and our country the world of good.
Proper conditions, a decent wage for a decent days work. Short term contracts with terms to protect the worker and the employer and off we go.


Bruntonpete have you ever picked vegetables in the field? Years ago as a student I did a month's hop-picking in Kent which as you say was great fun. However one Sunday we were offered the chance to earn a few quid picking courgettes from the field. I have to say it was the worst job experience in my life. Bending down to check under leaves to see if there was a courgette was backbreaking and frustrating at the same time. We were on piecework. Safeway then rejected the courgettes saying they were too big so we had to live on courgettes for the next 2 weeks and didn't get paid for our efforts.

I can't see many UK people wanting to do crap work like that. I'm very happy for Ukrainians to come here, live in caravans, earn a few bob then go back home at the end of the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 15:17 #24 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Brexit

greenhurst wrote: 8% of EU exports go to UK; 53% of UK exports go to EU. Slapping a big tax will bring who to whose knees?


But it is 8% of a much bigger number. The EU(ex UK) economy at a guess is about 6 times the size of the UK economy therefore the sterling value of the imports and exports is much more evenly matched. No-one really wants an end to free trade so I'm sure some sort of deal will be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 16:50 #25 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

MerseysideBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

BlueAl wrote:

ExiledJock wrote: Food currently rotting in the fields in Norfolk because workers from Europe have stopped coming. It will be alright because the government reckon we have the capacity to grow more of our own after Brexit.

1-6 Million unemployed doing nothing. Workers needed in Norfolk, take the jobs or stop the benefits. Problem solved, or is that to simple for soft touch Britain.


Use the EU money while we are still in it to re-locate some of our workforce to where the work is then offer incentives and moving costs, don't make people have to do it as I reckon there would be enough willing to move say from Liverpool to Norfolk.

Thing is the government will not touch this idea as they want us to believe we need immigrant workers and this would damage their plans of keeping a virtually open border.


That sounds more like Soviet Russia. The Committee would be proud of such a suggestion, comrade! :silly:


" don't make people have to do it "

Doesn't sound like Russia at all according to this bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BlueAl
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
02 Nov 2017 18:15 - 02 Nov 2017 20:31 #26 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic Brexit

carwash wrote:

bruntonpete wrote: 20 years ago when I was at uni, I would have jumped at the chance to work on site in Norfolk with my mates for the summer. A few hundred quid, a good laugh and a great experience. Surely times haven't changed that much and plenty of folk would do the same.
Historically, folk who can't find work in their own area travel to find it - either within the UK or, Jimmy nail and co style - overseas.
The reason they did and do is through necessity and adventure.
Plenty folk in this country will do or should be made to do these jobs. It will do them and our country the world of good.
Proper conditions, a decent wage for a decent days work. Short term contracts with terms to protect the worker and the employer and off we go.


Bruntonpete have you ever picked vegetables in the field? Years ago as a student I did a month's hop-picking in Kent which as you say was great fun. However one Sunday we were offered the chance to earn a few quid picking courgettes from the field. I have to say it was the worst job experience in my life. Bending down to check under leaves to see if there was a courgette was backbreaking and frustrating at the same time. We were on piecework. Safeway then rejected the courgettes saying they were too big so we had to live on courgettes for the next 2 weeks and didn't get paid for our efforts.

I can't see many UK people wanting to do crap work like that. I'm very happy for Ukrainians to come here, live in caravans, earn a few bob then go back home at the end of the season.


Well I'm not happy my taxes are being frittered away on benefits for the unemployed when the jobs are there. Benefits are supposed to support the disabled, short term unemployed, people with mental problems, etc. Unemployment shouldn't be a lifestyle choice. Like I said soft touch Britain.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 20:31 by CCU. Reason: Quotes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 18:20 #27 by ExiledJock
Replied by ExiledJock on topic Brexit
There really isn't going to be another British Empire. We got the last one by shooting black and brown folk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 19:53 #28 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
Wont half be funny when we leave and the EU crumbles and the remainers have f uck all to go back to because it is gone, stick that in their second referendum pipe and smoke it :)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 20:57 #29 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit

orfc wrote: All academic once brexit is reversed when it becomes clear russian money bought the result like the american election :-)

If Farage and Trump aren't in jail come 2020 I'll eat my cossack hat


The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 21:48 #30 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Brexit
Cossack hat you say


There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • whytakemypostcode
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
03 Nov 2017 08:27 #31 by whytakemypostcode
Replied by whytakemypostcode on topic Brexit
Bring on the Impact Assessments to show this self destructive sham up for what it really is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2017 23:29 #32 by ExiledJock
Replied by ExiledJock on topic Brexit
Don't need the assessments - as today's tyre plant news proves investors are already pulling out. No doubt the Brexit crowd have another £150 million plant for the city already lined up. We're all ears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2017 23:54 #33 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Brexit

ExiledJock wrote: Don't need the assessments - as today's tyre plant news proves investors are already pulling out. No doubt the Brexit crowd have another £150 million plant for the city already lined up. We're all ears.


I don't know the specific Pirelli news but the car and van tyre market has got intensively competitive. Far Eastern firms like Hankook are trying to build their market share and distributors like Amazon and Black Circles are driving down margins. The only way the European and American tyre companies will be able to compete is to move all production to Eastern Europe. I've noticed in the past my tyres have been made in places like Slovenia, Poland and Romania and that's going to be the norm. Nothing really to do with Brexit.

It's the same with Vauxhall now owned by Peugeot Citroen who also have a giant plant in Gliwice in Poland making Astras. The prospects for the Ellesmere Port plant look grim when the current model ceases production. Even if we were to stay in the EU I can't see anything changing as international companies try to make their products as cheaply as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2017 00:03 #34 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

whytakemypostcode wrote: Bring on the Impact Assessments to show this self destructive sham up for what it really is.


Surely they did this before the referendum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
04 Nov 2017 00:58 #35 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Brexit

ExiledJock wrote: Don't need the assessments - as today's tyre plant news proves investors are already pulling out. No doubt the Brexit crowd have another £150 million plant for the city already lined up. We're all ears.


Put on hold is what I read, nowhere mentions pulling out.

An article on the BBC earlier this week highlighted dairy farms in Cheshire selling milk to Qatar and China.

Delegation of high ranking Chinese offcials saying how much easier it was to deal with one country as opposed to twenty seven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • whytakemypostcode
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
15 Nov 2017 19:32 #36 by whytakemypostcode
Replied by whytakemypostcode on topic Brexit
No guilt Brexiteers in losing our city £150 million of investment then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 19:37 #37 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit

whytakemypostcode wrote: No guilt Brexiteers in losing our city £150 million of investment then?


Nope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BlueAl
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
15 Nov 2017 19:39 #38 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic Brexit

Alan wrote:

whytakemypostcode wrote: No guilt Brexiteers in losing our city £150 million of investment then?


Nope.

Nope, seconded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
15 Nov 2017 22:29 #39 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit
Brexiteers think everyone different should be beaten:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14...-remain-worlds-apart

They're basically a pasty Taliban and Putin's poked them into winning the referendum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
15 Nov 2017 23:19 #40 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Brexit

orfc wrote: Brexiteers think everyone different should be beaten:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14...-remain-worlds-apart

They're basically a pasty Taliban and Putin's poked them into winning the referendum


How about 99% of leavers realise they were born and brought up in the most democratic country on the planet and have seen our virtues of fairness and freedom of speech, as well as democracy, slowly but surely being eroded by unelected eurocrats.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bluedazblue
  • Away
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
15 Nov 2017 23:27 #41 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic Brexit
I heard a comment on the radio today to the effect that Remain voters tended to be risk averse individuals. I think it was a very good point.

I could see the advantages of EU membership, but ultimately I voted leave as I can imagine a better future as a truly independent nation.

Problems such who will pick vegetables in East Anglia or the filling of hospitality jobs in the Lake District are not insolvable, but those problems should be solved by parliament not Brussels. Decisions made close to a problem tend to be better decisions, that's a basic tenet of management, which has long been recognised.

And Junker's recent speech calling for a European army, the extension of the Euro and Schengen zones as well as the consolidation of power with the President of the European Commission would suggest that the EU is intent on moving further and further away from an EU that British voters could accept.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
15 Nov 2017 23:45 #42 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

Dentonholmersimpson wrote:

orfc wrote: Brexiteers think everyone different should be beaten:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14...-remain-worlds-apart

They're basically a pasty Taliban and Putin's poked them into winning the referendum


How about 99% of leavers realise they were born and brought up in the most democratic country on the planet.


They were born in Sweden? Because unless we suddenly had elections for the house of lords, we're nowhere near the most Democratic. Like a lot of things Britain does, we did it before a lot of others, but then let ourselves get overtaken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
16 Nov 2017 00:11 #43 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Brexit

orfc wrote:

Dentonholmersimpson wrote:

orfc wrote: Brexiteers think everyone different should be beaten:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14...-remain-worlds-apart

They're basically a pasty Taliban and Putin's poked them into winning the referendum


How about 99% of leavers realise they were born and brought up in the most democratic country on the planet.


They were born in Sweden? Because unless we suddenly had elections for the house of lords, we're nowhere near the most Democratic. Like a lot of things Britain does, we did it before a lot of others, but then let ourselves get overtaken.


Funny how the ones who would never have given us a referendum in the first place are screaming for a second one.

Let them wait 40 years like the last one.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 00:25 #44 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Brexit
To be fair at least Miliband stood on a promise that he wouldn’t give us a referendum rather than those snivelling tw ats Cameron and Osbourne who went in with no plan other than try to scare people then do a bunk in Cameron’s case and try to get as many part time jobs as he could get away with in George’s.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 11:01 #45 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit
Cameron and Osbourne gave us a referendum as they thought it was a cast iron result.

Sadly for them, the man in the street bothered to vote this time as it was a vote free from the usual party bollocks a General Election entails, with a simple question.

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 12:36 #46 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit
Very interesting...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2017 13:45 #47 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: Cameron and Osbourne gave us a referendum as they thought it was a cast iron result.

Sadly for them, the man in the street bothered to vote this time as it was a vote free from the usual party bollocks a General Election entails, with a simple question.


I agree but what im saying is Milliband could have thought and done the same which would have won him a shit load of extra votes and maybe even got himself and Labour into power. I dont think he gets anywhere near enough respect for holding his position when the populist thing would have been to do exactly what the tories did thinking all they were gonna do was appease a few back benchers.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2017 14:41 #48 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2017 16:00 #49 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Brexit

Alan wrote:

You missed the type who isn't a baby-boomer, mortgage-free "I'm alright Jack" who relies on the economy being in good nick in order to be able to earn a decent wage and who'd be badly affected by inflation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
18 Nov 2017 16:04 #50 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Brexit
Yeah, I'm bricking it now after the interest rate rise, bloody mortgage has gone up by about, ooh? nearly £2-50 a month!!

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2018 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.