The Brexit Thread

More
03 Feb 2019 20:15 #2651 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

Laffy wrote: And there you go-Nissan today confirm the issue is EU diesel regulation, not Brexit-so all those twining remainers like Cable take a bow.Its actually the EU rules that have caused this!!!!


EU rules which we will have helped to formulate, develop and approve.

How can 'they' force anything on us when we are a part of 'them' and take part in the making of the laws and regulations ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 20:34 #2652 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

BlueAl wrote: Ford used to manufacture transit vans in Southhampton. In 2012 they shut the factory down and transferred production to Turkey, but only with the help of a £80 million loan from the, wait for it EU! That's project reality, it happened, supported by our 'friends' in the EU. So we are paying into an organisation that supported the closure of a factory in the UK.


Check out @EmporersNewC’s Tweet:

Correlation isn't causation. More lies by the Brexiteers.

Nissan will be leaving the UK because it exports 80% of the vehicles made in Sunderland, the whole reason it is there is because it makes it easier for then to access the EU market.



Discussed on Marr earlier...Sunderland plant still to produce models as is...just no X-trail line to be set up
Did not the government seek assurances from Nissan re Sunderland early on that the plant would stay in production come what may...and Shinjo Abe came for tea and cakes just the other week!


Which is the first stages of mothballing a plant.

Stop producing new models there, eventually the current model production will be reduced and eventually stopped, alongside this the machinery won't see as much investment so when the current model does end production it will be explained that due to the level of investment required it'll be uneconomic to refit to produce new models.

Pretty basic really.

Why would Nissan want a plant which exports 80% of what it produces in a country that might not have any trade deals come March ?


Because according to your busted theory Nissan won't be able to sell their cars into Europe, therefore, logic says numerous EU manufacturers won't be able to sell their cars here creating a market thats said to be not far short of a million cars a year. A market Nissan will be very well placed to exploit.

And if you take that one step further perhaps the reason they're not bringing the new model yet is that they can't afford to shut one of the lines producing the existing models because come to post Brexit they.ll need that capacity. Much more sense to market the new model see how it takes off before messing about with the existing lines at Sunderland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 20:43 #2653 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Brexit
Well ex Supreme Leader Gordon Brown encouraged diesel car investment which is probably why the whole industry is now in turmoil.Outside Europe we can make our own decisions and make things that people want.

No point in building something in Europe for an Asian market-too expensive.

The bigger problem for the UK car industry is that we build 2.5m engines every year-and most of these are of the combustion variety.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 20:46 #2654 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote: It's not project fear if it's actually happening.

It's being tagged to Brexit because the Leave campaign used Nissan first announcing a new model being built at Sunderland as proof that jobs weren't going to be impacted, now that has been shown to be a lie.

Why can't leavers accept that the uncertainty Brexit has caused and is continuing to cause has and will impact on investment decisions made my businesses.


Yes, theres uncertainty and No thats not good for anyone but ask yourself whos causing that ? Most of the leavers would have been happy if we.d just given them a months notice and [censored] off leaving them to sort their own crap out while we get on with making Britain great again and you can just imagine the squealing there would have been as we refused to negotiate like they are doing and just kept sending them packed ferries back to Zeebrugge every night.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, Laffy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 20:59 #2655 by OsloBlue
Replied by OsloBlue on topic Brexit
What is it with you and bloody ferries

Must've been a sad day in your sordid little grief hole when it was announced that P&O are changing to a Cypriot flag cos of breggers
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue, howoldboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 21:30 #2656 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote: It's not project fear if it's actually happening.

It's being tagged to Brexit because the Leave campaign used Nissan first announcing a new model being built at Sunderland as proof that jobs weren't going to be impacted, now that has been shown to be a lie.

Why can't leavers accept that the uncertainty Brexit has caused and is continuing to cause has and will impact on investment decisions made my businesses.


Yes, theres uncertainty and No thats not good for anyone but ask yourself whos causing that ? Most of the leavers would have been happy if we.d just given them a months notice and [censored] off leaving them to sort their own crap out while we get on with making Britain great again and you can just imagine the squealing there would have been as we refused to negotiate like they are doing and just kept sending them packed ferries back to Zeebrugge every night.


Probably hasn't happened because our own Secretary for International Trade has said that the WTO rules are crap and that if they were any good countries wouldn't sign trade agreements or custom unions to improve on them.

Also said that he finds it strange that people feel we don't need a trade deal with the EU but want one with the US.

But on the bright side we have just signed a FTA with the Faroe Islands, that powerhouse of the world with a population smaller than Barrow. Hope you all like Pickled Herring lads !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 22:19 #2657 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Brexit
He’s asking whoever is on his sofa what to say next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 22:20 #2658 by howoldboy
Replied by howoldboy on topic Brexit

Laffy wrote: Well I think I’m able to say it because we buy all our battery cells from Nissan so have an insight into this.The fact is that diesel is a dirty word and the EU are at the forefront of legislating against it.To suggest otherwise is total balony but hey it’s a great excuse to blame Brexit for all things bad if you need one.

Have a look at the JCB electric digger in which we provide the battery packs and electronics-entirely driven by new anti diesel legislation.


You are going to be struggling to sell in the UK post Brexit then Laffy when we go back to coal and steam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 07:57 #2659 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic Brexit
Nice to note, there still appears to be majority of posters on here in favour of leaving the corrupt cesspit. Despite Cameron's letter to the nation and the biggest remain campaign from the establishment in living memory. Pretty sure that despite the moaning Minnie's, if we were to vote again, (we won't) the result would be the same. Leave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 07:59 #2660 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic Brexit
It is extraordinary how many Labourites want to talk about the closure of the mines yet I have yet to meet anyone who actually wants to work in one.

Let’s have some positive chat-Nissan are scaling up their Leaf,Juke and Kashkai production but not diesel
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 09:34 #2661 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

BlueAl wrote: Nice to note, there still appears to be majority of posters on here in favour of leaving the corrupt cesspit. Despite Cameron's letter to the nation and the biggest remain campaign from the establishment in living memory. Pretty sure that despite the moaning Minnie's, if we were to vote again, (we won't) the result would be the same. Leave.


Of course it's the biggest remain campaign in living memory, it's the only one there's has ever been.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 09:47 #2662 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic Brexit
Diesels dead and the car manufacturers are just starting to accept it, petrol will be next on the list, car manufacturers need to rapidly get their acts together if they are not to suffer further business loss. I’d like to see more effort towards hydrogen powered cars.
One outcome of brexit that no one has mentioned is the destabilisation of Europe since the end of World War Two if nothing else the European Union as a whole has brought peace and stability, the danger now is that Putin led Russia will take advantage of Europe been weakened.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 19:25 #2663 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit
1,269,501 more people voted to leave the EU than voted remain.

[censored] percentages

[censored] what regions voted for

[censored] what diffent citys Voted for

[censored] what a couple of tin pot Countries voted for

This is what a Million people Look like



Time politicians and twiney arsed remainers gave us a bit more respect and carry out and support on what we voted instead of childish spoiling tactics at every single oppertunity .

Your a bigger danger to the country than a no deal atm .
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, CCU, Yorkie Blue, NORTHERNSOUL, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 15:07 #2664 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit
Check out @PoliticsJOE_UK’s Tweet:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 19:07 #2665 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit
Bit of heat on Corbyn today after discovery of an old Video:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 20:53 #2666 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: Bit of heat on Corbyn today after discovery of an old Video:


What a shame he's lost the power of his convictions totally blinded by the thought of being in PM at all costs .
I wouldn't trust him with my tv remote never mind sorting Brexit out .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:01 #2667 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit
Wow...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:06 #2668 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit
Full quote -
"For those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely"

He's not wrong.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: sirjimmyglass, Arragorn, orfc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:10 #2669 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit
I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
  • my account was hacked
More
06 Feb 2019 12:58 #2670 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic Brexit
Well thank the Lord for that, the gloves are well and truly off. Every comment like this will strengthen British resolve, and guarantee we become free of the Federal State of Germany.

So who will implement a hard Border ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 13:55 #2671 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Brexit
Anybody been watching "Inside the EU -10 years of turmoil"
Been a great reminder of the crash and the near fall of the banks... how Greece came to grief , Portugal and yes, Ireland, needed bailed out...and what went on with the European Central Bank. The EU wanted the UK to put in even tho we weren't even in the euro. Some of the same snakes are at the top as were then, Junker for one .....Merkel is a constant , cosying up to France at the top table. It's a sickening watch...we should have been out ages ago

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bluedazblue, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 14:08 - 06 Feb 2019 14:11 #2672 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


He's criticising those who promoted it for doing so without having a clue as to how it would actually be done, which has right about.

Is it not a fair assumption that if you've made leaving the EU yours lifes work, as Farage has, that youd have spent a little bit if time actually putting together some kind of plan for how to do it ?

Also the referendum was only advisory, the government only had to listen, didn't have to act.

The government is also tasked with doing what is best for the nation, surely that means the whole nation not just those who voted for Brexit ?
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 14:11 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 14:20 #2673 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote: Full quote -
"For those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely"

He's not wrong.


Time to just tell them which hole to stick it up and leave at midnight

Maybe invade Belgium just to show them how serious we are.

Time somebody gave Junker and his mates a [censored] good kicking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 14:22 #2674 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


But if those who did the promoting had been left to do the carrying out we.d be long gone and them ferries would be full every night.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 14:30 #2675 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


That's a very 'architect' - I just designed it, it's not up to me to figure out how to build it - view of things :-)

On the other hand...

"Very often the opinion of the clients must be disregarded in their own interest.

- John M. Johnson"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:17 #2676 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Brexit

orfc wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


That's a very 'architect' - I just designed it, it's not up to me to figure out how to build it - view of things :-)

On the other hand...

"Very often the opinion of the clients must be disregarded in their own interest.

- John M. Johnson"


The Govt set up the Referendum, so they should deal with it surely?

*I appreciate Cameron and the rest of the elite never possibly dreamed that us oiks (I believe Gammon is our collective title?) would vote to actually Leave, thus finishing his career to the point he simply walked off leaving literally zero in place for such an outcome!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:32 #2677 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic Brexit
You're very close to agreeing on something here, folks. Keep going.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:48 #2678 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Brexit

sirjimmyglass wrote: You're very close to agreeing on something here, folks. Keep going.


Are we all at least in agreeance that Cameron and Osbourne are a pair of cnts?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:50 - 06 Feb 2019 15:53 #2679 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


But if those who did the promoting had been left to do the carrying out we.d be long gone and them ferries would be full every night.


Vote Leave were the official leave campaign weren't they ? Cant remember them saying anything about ferries, not Leave.EU for that matter.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 15:53 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 16:51 #2680 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


But if those who did the promoting had been left to do the carrying out we.d be long gone and them ferries would be full every night.


Vote Leave were the official leave campaign weren't they ? Cant remember them saying anything about ferries, not Leave.EU for that matter.


How many " Leave " meetings did you actually attend in the run-up to the referendum then DB ?

I attended 9 and even the least radical of them were not proposing to give EU residents the right to stay here so yes by definition if what was being proposed was enacted ferries would definitely be booked.

You clearly don't understand the principle that all parties adopt at every election where you tell the people just what they want the people to hear or do you really think the country would have elected the Torys if they'd known what they were about to do to the fabric of the country.

And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 17:19 - 06 Feb 2019 17:20 #2681 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Brexit

CCU wrote: Wow...


Its clear to see to anyone with an ounce of intelligence these [censored] are now shitting it at the thought of us going with no deal .
Time for the surrender monkeys on our side to get behind leaving and sit back and watch the EU cave in .
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 17:20 by Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Dancingbear, franksidebottom, NORTHERNSOUL, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 17:25 #2682 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

Alan wrote:

CCU wrote: Wow...


Its clear to see to anyone with an ounce of intelligence these [censored] are now shitting it at the thought of us going with no deal .
Time for the surrender monkeys on our side to get behind leaving and sit back and watch the EU cave in .


I agree - shame that they wont though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 17:47 #2683 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Brexit

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


But if those who did the promoting had been left to do the carrying out we.d be long gone and them ferries would be full every night.


Vote Leave were the official leave campaign weren't they ? Cant remember them saying anything about ferries, not Leave.EU for that matter.


How many " Leave " meetings did you actually attend in the run-up to the referendum then DB ?

I attended 9 and even the least radical of them were not proposing to give EU residents the right to stay here so yes by definition if what was being proposed was enacted ferries would definitely be booked.

You clearly don't understand the principle that all parties adopt at every election where you tell the people just what they want the people to hear or do you really think the country would have elected the Torys if they'd known what they were about to do to the fabric of the country.

And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


Don't think refugees and supposed asylum seekers come into the Free Movement stuff tho. They are here either by agreement or government incompetence

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 18:52 #2684 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


He's criticising those who promoted it for doing so without having a clue as to how it would actually be done, which has right about.

Is it not a fair assumption that if you've made leaving the EU yours lifes work, as Farage has, that youd have spent a little bit if time actually putting together some kind of plan for how to do it ?

Also the referendum was only advisory, the government only had to listen, didn't have to act.

The government is also tasked with doing what is best for the nation, surely that means the whole nation not just those who voted for Brexit ?


How do you know Farage didn’t have a plan for leaving? The fact is that he would never have a role to play in proceedings so any plan he may have had would be pretty irrelevant anyway. But to say he didn’t have a plan is total guesswork.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 18:53 #2685 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


The individual countries won't do individual deals, they've clubbed together to form this thing called the EU to make group deals for all of them.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 18:55 #2686 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Brexit

Alan wrote:

CCU wrote: Wow...


Its clear to see to anyone with an ounce of intelligence these [censored] are now shitting it at the thought of us going with no deal .
Time for the surrender monkeys on our side to get behind leaving and sit back and watch the EU cave in .


Of course the EU are panicking at the prospect of a no deal, it would be pretty catastrophic for them. It’s our main bargaining point in negotiations (no deal is the main bargaining point in any negotaiations whether it be buying a house, car or whatever) yet Labour want it taken off the table - quite staggeringly ridiculous in all honesty.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:02 #2687 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic Brexit
These arseholes like Tusk, Juncker and Barnier are really starting to show their true colours. Do people honestly still want us to remain in the abomination that is the EU and continue to be governed by these [censored]?

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:11 #2688 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

seesaw50 wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


But if those who did the promoting had been left to do the carrying out we.d be long gone and them ferries would be full every night.


Vote Leave were the official leave campaign weren't they ? Cant remember them saying anything about ferries, not Leave.EU for that matter.


How many " Leave " meetings did you actually attend in the run-up to the referendum then DB ?

I attended 9 and even the least radical of them were not proposing to give EU residents the right to stay here so yes by definition if what was being proposed was enacted ferries would definitely be booked.

You clearly don't understand the principle that all parties adopt at every election where you tell the people just what they want the people to hear or do you really think the country would have elected the Torys if they'd known what they were about to do to the fabric of the country.

And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


Don't think refugees and supposed asylum seekers come into the Free Movement stuff tho. They are here either by agreement or government incompetence


Of course, they do. Once we leave the EU we have the right to return to the EU every single one of them that stepped foot in an EU country before arriving here [which is about 99.9% of them ] back to the EU They can sort out which individual country ends up taking them between themselves but you can be pretty certain doing that will bring down the governments in god knows how many countries Germany and France included very likely which is why the ferries and the refugees and asylum seekers should have been used as a bargaining chip from day one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:17 #2689 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
I cannot see the point at all of staying in it but let us not forget those poor sods dragged in by all the propaganda and are probably weeping right now and fearing the Armageddon stories that the BBC has fed them.

I honestly heard a report on the radio the other night where folk were stacking up on tinned goods in fear of a food shortage for when we leave the EU, sounded like they had a bunker and it was a nuclear war that we are facing, sometimes people thrive on something to fear and take it too far.

We shop at the butchers on Blackwell - will their locally sourced meat products fed on locally grown shrubbery be affected by us leaving the EU, no it will not.

Anyhow going back to basics with your mince n' tatties might be a kick in the bollocks to the youth of today brought up on Mc/KFC's but would that be a bad thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:21 #2690 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

orfc wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


The individual countries won't do individual deals, they've clubbed together to form this thing called the EU to make group deals for all of them.


So you think the Spanish would kick out thousands of Brits who single-handedly keep there seaside economy going and at the same time risking us boycotting them as a holiday destination. Utter crap

And in fact, we've actually done the deal already in case of a no deal exit which I understand is reciprocal rights only difference being we pay them to treat our ex pats in their health system instead of them coming back here which gives them an incentive to offer ongoing care to keep the numbers needing seriously costly ops down.

Or maybe you think e hic won't continue after we leave that was sorted the day Mother Terressa decided not to kick the East Europeans out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:28 #2691 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

franksidebottom wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

CCU wrote: I must’ve missed the bit where it said those who promote have to carry out?

I always thought it was the job of the UK Govt to act on the result of the referendum...


He's criticising those who promoted it for doing so without having a clue as to how it would actually be done, which has right about.

Is it not a fair assumption that if you've made leaving the EU yours lifes work, as Farage has, that youd have spent a little bit if time actually putting together some kind of plan for how to do it ?

Also the referendum was only advisory, the government only had to listen, didn't have to act.

The government is also tasked with doing what is best for the nation, surely that means the whole nation not just those who voted for Brexit ?


How do you know Farage didn’t have a plan for leaving? The fact is that he would never have a role to play in proceedings so any plan he may have had would be pretty irrelevant anyway. But to say he didn’t have a plan is total guesswork.


Because if he did have one we would have damn sure heard about it by now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:31 #2692 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote: I cannot see the point at all of staying in it but let us not forget those poor sods dragged in by all the propaganda and are probably weeping right now and fearing the Armageddon stories that the BBC has fed them.

I honestly heard a report on the radio the other night where folk were stacking up on tinned goods in fear of a food shortage for when we leave the EU, sounded like they had a bunker and it was a nuclear war that we are facing, sometimes people thrive on something to fear and take it too far.

We shop at the butchers on Blackwell - will their locally sourced meat products fed on locally grown shrubbery be affected by us leaving the EU, no it will not.

Anyhow going back to basics with your mince n' tatties might be a kick in the bollocks to the youth of today brought up on Mc/KFC's but would that be a bad thing?


Stockpiling - you mean like the NHS and pharmacies have already confirmed they are doing, or does the butchers on Blackwell have a decent line of locally sourced insulin also ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 19:57 #2693 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

orfc wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


The individual countries won't do individual deals, they've clubbed together to form this thing called the EU to make group deals for all of them.


So you think the Spanish would kick out thousands of Brits who single-handedly keep there seaside economy going and at the same time risking us boycotting them as a holiday destination. Utter crap

And in fact, we've actually done the deal already in case of a no deal exit which I understand is reciprocal rights only difference being we pay them to treat our ex pats in their health system instead of them coming back here which gives them an incentive to offer ongoing care to keep the numbers needing seriously costly ops down.

Or maybe you think e hic won't continue after we leave that was sorted the day Mother Terressa decided not to kick the East Europeans out.


ehic won't continue for us, no.

www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abro...alth-insurance-card/

"If the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 29 March 2019, your access to healthcare when visiting an EU country is likely to change. If you are planning to visit on or after 29 March, you should continue to buy travel insurance so you can get the healthcare treatment you need, just as you would if visiting a non-EU country.

If you are using an EHIC issued by the UK, this will still be valid until 29 March 2019."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:04 - 06 Feb 2019 20:11 #2694 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit
Do you take refrigerated medicine DB?

I do and might have to forever but because we are leaving the EU I am not crying 'just in case' something bad 'might' happen - life is too short for that kind of shite and appreciate every day otherwise you will end up like Chicken Licken.

You now have Remainers getting disgusted about things that Brexiteers don't give a damn about as it is all bollocks.

Getting insulted on someone else's part is pretty laughable.

I will worry when it is an issue.

You are clutching at straws now as the end is looing and in one way or another if you are a remainer then you have lost.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 20:11 by munchymagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:12 #2695 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

orfc wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

orfc wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:
And everyone who voted leave that I speak to on the subject feels let down by what has been enacted with only a very few saying they had to do that to protect the Brits living in the EU which is a load of crap when they could have secured the position of 50% of them simply by doing a deal with Spain. Italy France Germany and Eire would all have done reciprocal deals. Protecting over 85% of Brits living in the EU but giving us the opportunity to rid the country of all the East European criminals and hundreds of thousands of refugees and supposed asylum seekers.


The individual countries won't do individual deals, they've clubbed together to form this thing called the EU to make group deals for all of them.


So you think the Spanish would kick out thousands of Brits who single-handedly keep there seaside economy going and at the same time risking us boycotting them as a holiday destination. Utter crap

And in fact, we've actually done the deal already in case of a no deal exit which I understand is reciprocal rights only difference being we pay them to treat our ex pats in their health system instead of them coming back here which gives them an incentive to offer ongoing care to keep the numbers needing seriously costly ops down.

Or maybe you think e hic won't continue after we leave that was sorted the day Mother Terressa decided not to kick the East Europeans out.


ehic won't continue for us, no.

www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abro...alth-insurance-card/

"If the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 29 March 2019, your access to healthcare when visiting an EU country is likely to change. If you are planning to visit on or after 29 March, you should continue to buy travel insurance so you can get the healthcare treatment you need, just as you would if visiting a non-EU country.

If you are using an EHIC issued by the UK, this will still be valid until 29 March 2019."



More of Mother Terressa.s Project Fear

Now if anybody wants a little bet i.ve got money that says whatever happens your e.hic card will still work in April

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:18 #2696 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote: Do you take refrigerated medicine DB?

I do and might have to forever but because we are leaving the EU I am not crying 'just in case' something bad 'might' happen - life is too short for that kind of shite and appreciate every day otherwise you will end up like Chicken Licken.

You now have Remainers getting disgusted about things that Brexiteers don't give a damn about as it is all bollocks.

Getting insulted on someone else's part is pretty laughable.

I will worry when it is an issue.

You are clutching at straws now as the end is looing and in one way or another if you are a remainer then you have lost.


And the remoaners still think that companies in Europe are just going to sit back and watch their markets and sales disappear over the horizon will they [censored] they.ll have their stuff in a lorry and worse case scenario will be a ten minute delay at Calais while the Frogs customs find somebody intelligent enough to read the English the forms are printed in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:30 #2697 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: I cannot see the point at all of staying in it but let us not forget those poor sods dragged in by all the propaganda and are probably weeping right now and fearing the Armageddon stories that the BBC has fed them.

I honestly heard a report on the radio the other night where folk were stacking up on tinned goods in fear of a food shortage for when we leave the EU, sounded like they had a bunker and it was a nuclear war that we are facing, sometimes people thrive on something to fear and take it too far.

We shop at the butchers on Blackwell - will their locally sourced meat products fed on locally grown shrubbery be affected by us leaving the EU, no it will not.

Anyhow going back to basics with your mince n' tatties might be a kick in the bollocks to the youth of today brought up on Mc/KFC's but would that be a bad thing?


Stockpiling - you mean like the NHS and pharmacies have already confirmed they are doing, or does the butchers on Blackwell have a decent line of locally sourced insulin also ?


I am old enough to know that if it comes down to it then I will just cut my cloth accordingly regarding what I can afford from the butchers and would still more than welcome a cheaper cut.

Something that your generation would not entertain, look at what our ancestors went through in the wars for idiots like you to piss over their memories - you should be ashamed of yourself.

They fought against this - you should just be a German and [censored] off over there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:36 - 06 Feb 2019 20:38 #2698 by DeckchairBlue
Replied by DeckchairBlue on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: I cannot see the point at all of staying in it but let us not forget those poor sods dragged in by all the propaganda and are probably weeping right now and fearing the Armageddon stories that the BBC has fed them.

I honestly heard a report on the radio the other night where folk were stacking up on tinned goods in fear of a food shortage for when we leave the EU, sounded like they had a bunker and it was a nuclear war that we are facing, sometimes people thrive on something to fear and take it too far.

We shop at the butchers on Blackwell - will their locally sourced meat products fed on locally grown shrubbery be affected by us leaving the EU, no it will not.

Anyhow going back to basics with your mince n' tatties might be a kick in the bollocks to the youth of today brought up on Mc/KFC's but would that be a bad thing?


Stockpiling - you mean like the NHS and pharmacies have already confirmed they are doing, or does the butchers on Blackwell have a decent line of locally sourced insulin also ?


I am old enough to know that if it comes down to it then I will just cut my cloth accordingly regarding what I can afford from the butchers and would still more than welcome a cheaper cut.

Something that your generation would not entertain, look at what our ancestors went through in the wars for idiots like you to piss over their memories - you should be ashamed of yourself.

They fought against this - you should just be a German and [censored] off over there.


I don't think you understood what I said Munchy, pretty sure those who rely in medication won't be able to just "cut their cloth accordingly" if the NHS had limited supplies due to not stockpiling.

Not sure that's what my grandad thought in the war against, wasn't it so we could all have a better life, why should we have to give up that life ?

Who was it that raised and taught my generation exactly or did we just appear one day ?

You literally voted to stop people from having the freedom to "[censored] off over there"
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 20:38 by DeckchairBlue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:41 - 06 Feb 2019 20:44 #2699 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Brexit

DeckchairBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

DeckchairBlue wrote:

munchymagic wrote: I cannot see the point at all of staying in it but let us not forget those poor sods dragged in by all the propaganda and are probably weeping right now and fearing the Armageddon stories that the BBC has fed them.

I honestly heard a report on the radio the other night where folk were stacking up on tinned goods in fear of a food shortage for when we leave the EU, sounded like they had a bunker and it was a nuclear war that we are facing, sometimes people thrive on something to fear and take it too far.

We shop at the butchers on Blackwell - will their locally sourced meat products fed on locally grown shrubbery be affected by us leaving the EU, no it will not.

Anyhow going back to basics with your mince n' tatties might be a kick in the bollocks to the youth of today brought up on Mc/KFC's but would that be a bad thing?


Stockpiling - you mean like the NHS and pharmacies have already confirmed they are doing, or does the butchers on Blackwell have a decent line of locally sourced insulin also ?


I am old enough to know that if it comes down to it then I will just cut my cloth accordingly regarding what I can afford from the butchers and would still more than welcome a cheaper cut.

Something that your generation would not entertain, look at what our ancestors went through in the wars for idiots like you to piss over their memories - you should be ashamed of yourself.

They fought against this - you should just be a German and [censored] off over there.


Not sure that's what my grandad thought in the war against, wasn't it so we could all have a better life, why should we have to give up that life ?

Who was it that raised and taught my generation exactly or did we just appear one day ?

You literally voted to stop people from having the freedom to "[censored] off over there"


You have till the 29th March to make your decision so there is still time to make your move to Fuehrer land.

Tattie Bye.

Bet you don't go though you soft cock and you will just stay here moaning all the time.

Go whilst the going is good.

If you are that ashamed of your British heritage then beg Germany to take you in and then you can still become part of The EU?!?

Happy days, let us all know how yo get on over there.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 20:44 by munchymagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 20:51 #2700 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Brexit

munchymagic wrote:
You have till the 29th March to make your decision so there is still time to make your move to Fuehrer land.

Tattie Bye.

Bet you don't go though you soft cock and you will just stay here moaning all the time.

Go whilst the going is good.

If you are that ashamed of your British heritage then beg Germany to take you in and then you can still become part of The EU?!?

Happy days, let us all know how yo get on over there.



I went to Berlin a couple of times last year and it was great. Off again next month for more top beer and sauerkraut! They do a lot of things better than us, especially trains :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.881 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.