The Brexit Thread

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
02 Jul 2019 09:56 #3101 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
You reap what you sow. May was a weak negotiator, this was made worse by the women who won the case to give Parliament a ' meaningful vote '

So, the majority got p'd off and voted the Brexit Party at the Euro elections. They have started as they mean to go on, by treating the EU Parliament with the same contempt they have shown to the UK.

The EU is finished, by leaving we will bankrupt the Union. The Krauts and Frogs have enough economic problems without asking there people to pay more to balance the hole left by the UK contributions. Most large Co-operatives fail as the competition around them chip away with a stronger more competitive offering.

You say ' what a carry on ' I say exactly what the Brexit Party voters expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
02 Jul 2019 10:13 #3102 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
Out of interest, the UK contributes to the EU budget, the same as the bottom 17 countries COMBINED !!!

This includes: Ireland, Finland, Portugal, Romania, Czechia, Greece, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Luxembourg etc, etc, etc.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 13:29 #3103 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread
This Brexit saga is getting to be a bit of a joke.
The country has been in a state of paralysis ever since we voted to leave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
02 Jul 2019 14:02 #3104 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread

Flatcap wrote: This Brexit saga is getting to be a bit of a joke.
The country has been in a state of paralysis ever since we voted to leave.



................while at the same time, the economy has grown and unemployment has fallen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 16:48 #3105 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The Brexit Thread

thesilentone wrote: unemployment has fallen.


No it hasn't. It only looks that way because for some stupid reason they count people trapped in 0 hour contracts, exploited by companies like Sports Direct, no job security, crap conditions and no ability to stand up for themselves because they won't be offered any more shifts, as "employed".
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 18:08 #3106 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic The Brexit Thread
Anyway has that deliveroo bike company come to Carlisle yet?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 18:16 #3107 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic The Brexit Thread
Krauts and Frog's really, no racism here then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
02 Jul 2019 19:58 #3108 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
Krauts, Frogs, Dago's, Micks, Jocks, Marras, Pikeys, Yanks, Ruskies, Scousers, Taffs....take your pick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
02 Jul 2019 20:04 #3109 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread

Kessler wrote:

thesilentone wrote: unemployment has fallen.


No it hasn't. It only looks that way because for some stupid reason they count people trapped in 0 hour contracts, exploited by companies like Sports Direct, no job security, crap conditions and no ability to stand up for themselves because they won't be offered any more shifts, as "employed".



Yes it has, average weekly hours is over 32.

read and weep...........

tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/employment-rate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 21:09 #3110 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread

markredfox73 wrote: Anyway has that deliveroo bike company come to Carlisle yet


Uber Eats has...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 22:37 #3111 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic The Brexit Thread

pacirv wrote: Krauts and Frog's really, no racism here then.


One of the first things I’ve agreed with you on, there’s no racism here, quite correct.

French are called frogs because of what they eat, exactly the same as Liverpudlians called scousers. Not racist in the slightest.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2019 22:50 #3112 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Andrew Neil absolutely nailing the whole charade that the EU is...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
07 Jul 2019 09:52 #3113 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
It's about time they got someone with a few more principles than they have in charge, like Sepp Blatter :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 11:53 #3114 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 14:50 #3115 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Not gone down well with all of the Party!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2019 20:58 #3116 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic The Brexit Thread
Game is up for Labour now with this decision..Corbyn is deluded and the rest of his remaining cronies are too...Farage will prob fancy his chances in a general election now

All this remain bollocks is total against democracy...and what folk voted for..a simple straight out vote..no messing about..do the various deals afterwards.

The people of the country voted as asked.. not just the MPs.. how many [censored] times do these MPs have to understand... bunch of obstructing [censored]..tired of all the excuses and scaremongering bollocks.. its out in 31st oct regardless....6 months too long to start with.
What is the point in voting if they are not carrying out the outcome of each vote....no need for any referendum again.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER, franksidebottom, Yorkie Blue, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 00:51 #3117 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread
17.4 million out of a population of 66 million.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
10 Jul 2019 01:27 #3118 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread
We vote for whoever we vote for in the general elections.

It is like a couple of years later trying to overturn the May vote because some people want Corbyn in - a total [censored] disgrace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 08:40 #3119 by High Street
Replied by High Street on topic The Brexit Thread

Flatcap wrote: 17.4 million out of a population of 66 million.

16.1 million voted remain out of a population of 66 million. Your point is?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
10 Jul 2019 08:46 #3120 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread
The peepul voted for parliament to have ultimate sovereignty didn't they? Which is what they're exercising now but the brexiteers don't like it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 09:02 #3121 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The Brexit Thread
It's not often I agree with munchy. Leave means leave, not keep having votes until Remainers get the "correct" answer they want.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 11:19 #3122 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic The Brexit Thread
Now mr grey is trying to block no deal via courts..

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • whytakemypostcode
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
10 Jul 2019 17:08 #3123 by whytakemypostcode
Replied by whytakemypostcode on topic The Brexit Thread
I buy specialised coffee machines from Europe. What used to take 5 days delivery has now taken up to 5 weeks due to backlogs at the ports already due to stockpiling, and don't get me started on price rises due to the weak pound. No deal will completely [censored] this country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 21:36 #3124 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The Brexit Thread
I'm sure we can wait a few extra weeks for a coffee machine. My sympathies are with the people who used to work in the now decimated UK fishing industry. Destroyed by EU quotas and traitorous MPs.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Wukkie, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 22:13 #3125 by Lancs blue
Replied by Lancs blue on topic The Brexit Thread

whytakemypostcode wrote: I buy specialised coffee machines from Europe. What used to take 5 days delivery has now taken up to 5 weeks due to backlogs at the ports already due to stockpiling, and don't get me started on price rises due to the weak pound. No deal will completely [censored] this country.



Are you sure you’re not the governor of the Bank of England spreading project fear incognito?!

Because I for one always knew that taking back control meant our new PM Boris with his Union Jack boxers round his ankles taking Donald right up the shitter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2019 23:12 - 11 Jul 2019 00:24 #3126 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The Brexit Thread
It absolutely baffles me how people could have voted on a policy as important as Brexit when nobody, but nobody knows the final outcome. Does anybody really know whats going to happen?? The Brexiteers are all claiming the country will be a much better place without Europe, will it really, wheres the evidence?? because I haven't a bloody clue. And I see now the Labour Party is backing a second referendum, what a bloody joke that party is, if you want the confidence of the people then embrace a policy and see it through you bloody Muppet's.
Anyway I'm off to order my new T Shirt now it has "Bollocks to Brexit" on the front, and before anybody accuses me of being a remainer, think about it!!!!!
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 00:24 by bluebry.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Flatcap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 07:07 #3127 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic The Brexit Thread
Unbelievable there was ever a referendum in the first place. Dave Cameron has a lot to answer for.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 08:14 #3128 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The Brexit Thread
Well there you have it. Some people believe in democracy, a choice or a say in which direction this country should go. Some people need to be told what to do by the state/establishment. North Korea might be a better place to live for those that don't wish to live in a democracy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 08:55 #3129 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic The Brexit Thread

BlueAl wrote: Well there you have it. Some people believe in democracy, a choice or a say in which direction this country should go. Some people need to be told what to do by the state/establishment. North Korea might be a better place to live for those that don't wish to live in a democracy.


According to some of the younger generation, all of us who voted to leave are just thick so our votes shouldn't count. These are the same people who spam their instagram with inspirational quotes about democracy and tolerance.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 09:29 #3130 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The Brexit Thread
Apparently the people of Bhutan like being told what to do-they also have a National Happiness Department.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
11 Jul 2019 12:51 #3131 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
Well there go's another Labour Party policy sailing out of the window, and I suppose an end to Whistle-blowing, or maybe the policy had ' we must protect all whistle-blowers, except those that blow in the Labour party direction ' in the small print.

When are the Labour Party members going to wake up and realise the creeping left is going to kill the Party. Get rid of Corbyn !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 14:34 #3132 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic The Brexit Thread

bluebry wrote: It absolutely baffles me how people could have voted on a policy as important as Brexit when nobody, but nobody knows the final outcome. Does anybody really know whats going to happen?? The Brexiteers are all claiming the country will be a much better place without Europe, will it really, wheres the evidence?? because I haven't a bloody clue. And I see now the Labour Party is backing a second referendum, what a bloody joke that party is, if you want the confidence of the people then embrace a policy and see it through you bloody Muppet's.
Anyway I'm off to order my new T Shirt now it has "Bollocks to Brexit" on the front, and before anybody accuses me of being a remainer, think about it!!!!!


Of course nobody knows what’s going to happen but does the same not apply when you vote for anything in politics?

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 14:43 #3133 by bluebry
Replied by bluebry on topic The Brexit Thread

franksidebottom wrote:

bluebry wrote: It absolutely baffles me how people could have voted on a policy as important as Brexit when nobody, but nobody knows the final outcome. Does anybody really know whats going to happen?? The Brexiteers are all claiming the country will be a much better place without Europe, will it really, wheres the evidence?? because I haven't a bloody clue. And I see now the Labour Party is backing a second referendum, what a bloody joke that party is, if you want the confidence of the people then embrace a policy and see it through you bloody Muppet's.
Anyway I'm off to order my new T Shirt now it has "Bollocks to Brexit" on the front, and before anybody accuses me of being a remainer, think about it!!!!!


Of course nobody knows what’s going to happen but does the same not apply when you vote for anything in politics?


There HAS to be 'evidence' that things are going to be better, you have to have clear ideas in your head that its going to be better, all we have are a few two bob bit politicians telling us everything is going to be so much better without Europe, unfortunately I don't see any 'evidence' or benefit to Brexit.
This is not to say I'm totally against it, it just means I have to take a lot more convincing that its going to be all wine and roses, something I find difficult to comprehend at this moment in time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 14:57 #3134 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic The Brexit Thread
You’ve just rehashed your initial thoughts and like I say, nobody knows what will happen or even provide evidence whichever way you vote and whatever you’re voting on in politics.

If you vote Labour in the next general election how do you know what’s going to happen should they gain power? Where’s the evidence that things will improve?

I really don’t see your point.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
11 Jul 2019 15:16 #3135 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
In my view.

The reason we are better out of the EU.

1) Global warming and on-going wars is going to see whole Nations of people migrating anywhere and everywhere. The EU has been inept at dealing with this problem, in addition, membership means we must sign up to the free-movement of people (within the EU). Our NHS and Education System is already creaking (blame who you want) under the strain of 65m people, with predictions it could rise to almost 80m by 2050.
We need to control (not stop) immigration.
2) We are a Sovereign Country with a Commonwealth, where most are proud to be associated with the UK. I personally do not want to be part of a Federal EU, I want our Parliament (god love em) and the British people to decide our future destiny.
3) The EU is disengaged from reality, and blows money like confetti.
4) The EU is not democratic.
5) The EU is a declining market, it was predicted to become the biggest player in the World (imports/exports) however that is no longer the case, at the moment is represents around 15% of World trade, but is predicted to fall to 12% by 2030.
6) The EU does not look after its members, we all watched Greece go down the toilet (and still is ) it unemployment rate is over 18% with youth unemployment over 40%. Spain is 14% and 32% respectively.
7) So much for being an EU member without borders: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty, ROOSTER, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Jul 2019 15:19 #3136 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread
People vote and it is acted upon.

The only second vote should be to leave with a deal or no deal - if any vote.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 15:40 #3137 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic The Brexit Thread
You can’t possibly rule out no deal or take it off the table, it would be utter madness and those who support this obviously don’t understand negotiations.

To put it into a scenario it would be like a trade union going into negotiations with the threat of strike action taken off the table, they would just get walked all over. It’s their main bargaining point and what the employer fears most - I would have thought the Labour Party would understand this more than anyone.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty, ROOSTER, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 20:35 #3138 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread

High Street wrote:

Flatcap wrote: 17.4 million out of a population of 66 million.

16.1 million voted remain out of a population of 66 million. Your point is?


My point is:
Half the population didn't vote at all so how come it is said that the majority of people voted to leave. Say it like it is, and that it was the majority of those who voted, voted for us to leave.

For the record, I don't give a shit whether we leave or stay in. We will always manage whatever happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
11 Jul 2019 20:52 #3139 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic The Brexit Thread

Flatcap wrote:

High Street wrote:

Flatcap wrote: 17.4 million out of a population of 66 million.

16.1 million voted remain out of a population of 66 million. Your point is?


My point is:
Half the population didn't vote at all so how come it is said that the majority of people voted to leave. Say it like it is, and that it was the majority of those who voted, voted for us to leave.

For the record, I don't give a shit whether we leave or stay in. We will always manage whatever happens.


If you don't buy a ticket you can't expect to win the raffle.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2019 21:09 - 11 Jul 2019 21:10 #3140 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Its been covered before in the Thread, but anyways...

Of your 66m, roughly 46.5m were entitled to vote.

Of that 46.5m, roughly 33.5m voted. 13m didn’t. That’s a turnout of approx 72%.

It’s the 13m/28% you should be asking why they didn’t bother voting...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 21:10 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: markredfox73

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 00:38 #3141 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread
Maybe they were like me and didn't give a shit what the result was.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 00:49 #3142 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

Flatcap wrote: Maybe they were like me and didn't give a shit what the result was.



For someone who dosen't give a shit youve had plenty to say on this thread .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Yesterday 14:38 #3143 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
No suspension of Parliament to push Brexit through:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
Yesterday 18:54 #3144 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread


Bozza waves a Isle of Man kipper about and rails against an example of EU red tape.



Doesn't quite grasp the Isle of Man is not in the EU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • orfc
  • orfc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
Yesterday 18:56 #3145 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread

CCU wrote: No suspension of Parliament to push Brexit through:


A fine example of Parliament having supreme sovereignty on UK matters, lovely stuff, what all true brick-eaters voted for

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Yesterday 19:35 #3146 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread
Boris is the most ignorant tube ever to draw breath.

“Pointless, pointless, expensive, environmentally damaging ‘elf and safety’,” Johnson added.

However, the European commission hit back against the claims on Thursday, pointing to Tory government advice, which stresses that foods that need refrigerating must be kept cool while they are being transported – potentially packed in an insulated box with a coolant gel or in a coolbag. This is not EU policy but Tory Government policy

We believe that the unelected Prime Minster of England is a knob said an EU spokesman who was roundly applauded for his plain speaking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
Yesterday 19:45 - Yesterday 19:46 #3147 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
Was that EU spokesperson, the self elected voice of reason called Markovitch. The leader of the false news party........
Last edit: Yesterday 19:46 by thesilentone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.