The Brexit Thread

More
09 Apr 2019 16:07 #3451 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic The Brexit Thread
Someone's rattled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 16:56 #3452 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic The Brexit Thread

sirjimmyglass wrote: Someone's rattled.


And how the hell does Barnier think a British Prime Minister will be able to control the behaviour and voting patterns of a group of 85 rogue MEP.s led by Nigel Farrage whos stated aim is to get us out with the best deal for us and the worst one for the EU ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 16:56 #3453 by cousinscotty
Replied by cousinscotty on topic The Brexit Thread

Alan wrote:


Why is the flag upside down? Is there a problem somewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 17:34 #3454 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

cousinscotty wrote:

Alan wrote:


Why is the flag upside down? Is there a problem somewhere?









¡ ɯǝlqoɹd ƃuᴉʞɔnɟ ɹnoʎ sʇɐɥʍ ǝɯ oʇ ǝuᴉɟ sʞool ʇI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 14:47 #3455 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic The Brexit Thread
So it looks likely we have to bow down / surrender to the French and accept a 9-month extension on their terms tonight, with them saying who we can have as prime minister (no disruptive PM) and subjective to behaviour reviews, like being on report at school.

Just who do they think they are!

It's a farce, we should have left on the 29th instead we are falling over like a feather to the EUs demands and putting up with it.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 19:38 #3456 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic The Brexit Thread

Mullen103 wrote: So it looks likely we have to bow down / surrender to the French and accept a 9-month extension on their terms tonight, with them saying who we can have as prime minister (no disruptive PM) and subjective to behaviour reviews, like being on report at school.

Just who do they think they are!

It's a farce, we should have left on the 29th instead we are falling over like a feather to the EUs demands and putting up with it.


And how the hell does Makron think that May or anyone else will be able to control 85 rouge MEP.s led by Big Nige.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 19:47 #3457 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic The Brexit Thread

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: So it looks likely we have to bow down / surrender to the French and accept a 9-month extension on their terms tonight, with them saying who we can have as prime minister (no disruptive PM) and subjective to behaviour reviews, like being on report at school.

Just who do they think they are!

It's a farce, we should have left on the 29th instead we are falling over like a feather to the EUs demands and putting up with it.


And how the hell does Makron think that May or anyone else will be able to control 85 rouge MEP.s led by Big Nige.


Macron will probably love 85 MEPs from rouge, you know what the french are like, although he prefers them old so maybe not.

But yeah! If there’s European elections it’ll wreck the “EU project” and there’ll be no doubt a brexitier pm, especially after the results.

I’ve yet to meet one person whose votes leave want to change their minds yet I know a few remainers. The local election results will be interesting!

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2019 20:10 #3458 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic The Brexit Thread

Mullen103 wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: So it looks likely we have to bow down / surrender to the French and accept a 9-month extension on their terms tonight, with them saying who we can have as prime minister (no disruptive PM) and subjective to behaviour reviews, like being on report at school.

Just who do they think they are!

It's a farce, we should have left on the 29th instead we are falling over like a feather to the EUs demands and putting up with it.


And how the hell does Makron think that May or anyone else will be able to control 85 rouge MEP.s led by Big Nige.


Macron will probably love 85 MEPs from rouge, you know what the french are like, although he prefers them old so maybe not.

But yeah! If there’s European elections it’ll wreck the “EU project” and there’ll be no doubt a brexitier pm, especially after the results.

I’ve yet to meet one person whose votes leave want to change their minds yet I know a few remainers. The local election results will be interesting!


That Mark Francois should be a good shoe in for the PM job they.ll think hes one of theirs
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
11 Apr 2019 00:48 #3460 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
They’re taking the piss now, Halloween the new date seemingly!


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 01:25 #3461 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic The Brexit Thread
We have to wait that long for the witch to go FFS! Hard Brexit or remain - nothing in-between!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
11 Apr 2019 02:44 #3462 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread

Urban Designer wrote: We have to wait that long for the witch to go FFS! Hard Brexit or remain - nothing in-between!


Yay!! You have finally cottoned on to it and now understand things.

Brexit like the people voted for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 07:02 #3463 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic The Brexit Thread
It seems Macron is our new foe-though he was put down by the rest of the EU Club last night.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 07:08 #3464 by BlueAl
Replied by BlueAl on topic The Brexit Thread
If he had the balls to stand his ground and say no, then we would be out tomorrow. Little man all talk.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 07:17 #3465 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread

BlueAl wrote: If he had the balls to stand his ground and say no, then we would be out tomorrow. Little man all talk.



They like our money way too much looking forward to EU Election carnage now .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 07:48 #3466 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic The Brexit Thread
Ultimately the EU (and probably the UK) will do what Merkel tells `em.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 09:14 #3467 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic The Brexit Thread
Absolutely incredible to watch all the gammon continuing to blame the EU for the mess that we're in.

Our government has made it crystal clear that they're totally incompetent. What do you expect them to do?!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 10:46 #3468 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread

Alan wrote: Orfc.
Stick to match day threads they are slightly less embarrassing than your input on here but it's marginal at best.


Which bit woz embarrassing? The bit where I was completely right or the bit where I was... completely right? :-)

Remember to send your brexit/UKIP flyers return to sender everyone, it'll help bankrupt them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
11 Apr 2019 18:39 #3469 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic The Brexit Thread
2016 - '' We must aknowledge the will of the people and leave the EU''.

2017 - '' Perhaps we should have a second vote, just to ratify what kind of Brexit we leave with, hard or soft''

2018 - '' Now parliament has ruled out a hard Brexit any ballot now should be between May's brexit or remain''

2019 - '' May's brexit has been rejected 3 times so the only real option left on the 2nd referendum is remain''.


The reason we have no deal as yet is because most MP's don't want a one or don't wish to leave and have contrived the position we are in by blaming someone else for the logjam.

The fact that 27 other countries voted for an extension last night is testament to how scared they are of a 'No Deal'.

If we had made that our default position 3 years ago and said '' Right, we have 3 years to prepare, if you want to make us an offer in the meantime, by all means feel free''.

We would be in a much better place now.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Alan, Bruntonpasty, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2019 23:34 #3470 by Yorkie Blue
Replied by Yorkie Blue on topic The Brexit Thread
2020 - Democracy declared dead in the UK

2021 - The fundamental basis of our laws, the Magna Carta, declared an outlawed document.

2022 - The second English Civil war breaks out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
12 Apr 2019 00:06 #3471 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread
The Labour Party have destroyed themselves - how can they claim to be the party for the normal working class person when they are trying tooth and nail to go against what the people voted for?

I and many others will vote against them forever as a protest if they [censored] this up - as Corbyn isn't flavour of the month then he is toast as well as the squaddies are hating him more by the day if you know anyone currently in or ex-forces will tell you the same.

I would personally refuse to shake the blokes hand if it were offered as I know where it has been.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 00:57 #3472 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread
In the referendum vote there were 40 million eligible to vote.
In the Israeli elections this week 6.5 million were eligible to vote.
In the Indian elections there are 900 million eligible to vote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 01:30 #3473 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic The Brexit Thread

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote: We have to wait that long for the witch to go FFS! Hard Brexit or remain - nothing in-between!


Yay!! You have finally cottoned on to it and now understand things.

Brexit like the people voted for.


Mr Magic - I haven't visited this thread often as I was on my stag week in Hamburg & Berlin when the vote took place. But the most important lessons are - never let the public vote on anything important, compromise is often the worst solution & the was always going to cause an English Civil War - Cameron fcked up and May see's it as her legacy to be a stubborn bitch who won't go away. Brexit bores me - lets get it over and done with one way or the other.

Its a strange situation where the young middle class are with labour and the working class and with the tories. Party politics needs shaken up and maybe this will be a good thing to come from the whole mess.

One thing I'm pretty sure about is hard brexit or remain are both better than any compromise deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 19:30 - 12 Apr 2019 19:35 #3474 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread
23rd May 2019

Fightback time for the betrayed .


Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 19:35 by Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 19:47 #3475 by pie
Replied by pie on topic The Brexit Thread
Barry - serious question, what's your take on the Brexit Party and Farage's comments about UKIP being taken over by the far right and this party being "untolerant of intolerance" etc. Is this the party you expected?

What does good look like for them in the European elections and what do you expect to happen?

What's that tool Rees-Mogg sister doing in there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 20:42 #3476 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic The Brexit Thread
For someone who is dead against the EU Farage has made a bl00dy good living out of being an MEP. Two faced slimy toad. Did he not have his wife employed by the EU?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • munchymagic
  • Away
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
12 Apr 2019 20:45 - 12 Apr 2019 20:48 #3477 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic The Brexit Thread

Arragorn wrote: For someone who is dead against the EU Farage has made a bl00dy good living out of being an MEP. Two faced slimy toad. Did he not have his wife employed by the EU?


Just like LABOURS Neil Kinnock then?

Seems that former Labour MP's like him and Blair then go and go and do what they preached against when they held any power.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2019 20:48 by munchymagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2019 20:54 #3478 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic The Brexit Thread
Lets face it the vast majority of MPs are two faced hypocrits. I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.
None of them can answer a question with a straight answer.
There might be the odd good one among them but not very many.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Bruntonpasty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2019 01:48 #3479 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic The Brexit Thread

Urban Designer wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Urban Designer wrote: We have to wait that long for the witch to go FFS! Hard Brexit or remain - nothing in-between!


Yay!! You have finally cottoned on to it and now understand things.

Brexit like the people voted for.


Mr Magic - I haven't visited this thread often as I was on my stag week in Hamburg & Berlin when the vote took place. But the most important lessons are - never let the public vote on anything important, compromise is often the worst solution & the was always going to cause an English Civil War - Cameron fcked up and May see's it as her legacy to be a stubborn bitch who won't go away. Brexit bores me - lets get it over and done with one way or the other.

Its a strange situation where the young middle class are with labour and the working class and with the tories. Party politics needs shaken up and maybe this will be a good thing to come from the whole mess.

One thing I'm pretty sure about is hard brexit or remain are both better than any compromise deal.


No, the lesson is, have a referendum. let the people decide and then have MP.s vote the way their constituents have instructed them to.

Had we done this we,d have left 2 years ago without all this crap and be well on our way to making Britain great again. And with any luck bankrupted France and Germany into the bargain as they struggle to fund their little plan for a federal Europe without our cash and our markets
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2019 22:08 #3480 by sirjimmyglass
Replied by sirjimmyglass on topic The Brexit Thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
17 Apr 2019 17:17 #3481 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
These European Elections are going to be a giggle...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2019 17:43 #3482 by yoonited
Replied by yoonited on topic The Brexit Thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2019 20:02 #3483 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic The Brexit Thread
Doesn’t like China much that lad.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2019 18:42 #3484 by Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2019 18:51 #3485 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic The Brexit Thread
Born-again Brexiter Gavin Williamson sacked for spraffing secrets, there must be something about going pro-brexit that makes you want to betray your country :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
07 May 2019 15:28 #3486 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
This will be fun...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2019 15:41 #3487 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic The Brexit Thread
When you realise what we are doing to the planet that provides us with life all this brexit stuff is just pure insignificant crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2019 09:38 #3488 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic The Brexit Thread
Brexit could ironically end up breaking up what is the UK with Ireland effectively becoming one country and Wales and Scotland seeking
independence.

(Hides in cupboard)
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Markovitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2019 09:53 #3489 by Southernblue
Replied by Southernblue on topic The Brexit Thread

CCU wrote: This will be fun...


Surely he's a bit late with that news, we've already had our polling cards weeks ago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
10 May 2019 09:55 #3490 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
Sadly the whole bumbling fiasco that is Brexit, having been led by our great and good in London has convinced me we are better off remaining.

Do I want us to be independent, yes, do I want us to able to strike our own deals, yes, do I want to stop foreign nationals exploiting our services, yes, do I want to see us take back control of the movement of people across our borders, yes.

Are our Politicians fit and able to deliver and manage the above - NO !!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
10 May 2019 10:23 - 10 May 2019 10:23 #3491 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread

thesilentone wrote: Sadly the whole bumbling fiasco that is Brexit, having been led by our great and good in London has convinced me we are better off remaining.


No wonder you don’t like Union’s, where’s your resolve?!

The longer Brexit rolls on, the more I want it to happen!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 10 May 2019 10:23 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Dancingbear, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thesilentone
  • thesilentone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
  • my account was hacked
More
10 May 2019 11:30 #3492 by thesilentone
Replied by thesilentone on topic The Brexit Thread
The problem is, what is on the other side? The Brexit party will sweep the Euro Elections, that is a cast iron guarantee, so much so, they will put up candidates at the next general election. We may be still in the EU then (2022), therefore, the Brexit party will become a mainstream (maybe ruling) Party.

I'm all for change, however it is change for the wrong reasons (a spat in the Tory Party).

What should be on the other side of Brexit is a much brighter future for the next generation of British people, without the shadow of a Federal State suppressing Entrepreneurs, Innovators and Ambition. However for all of that to happen, we need the great and good to put in place the policies and laws to encourage it.

What we have in London at the moment is a bunch of dinosaurs, and amateurs that are unfit for the 21st Century.

All Brexit has done so far is expose them for what they are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
10 May 2019 23:28 #3493 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
I’d strongly advise anybody with any passing interest in the whole Brexit thing, to watch these - Storyville from BBC4 “Brexit: Behind Closed Doors”

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004vyd

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004vzb

If you still want to be part of the corrupt institution that is the EU after watching them, you’re absolutely cuckoo IMO...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103, Yorkie Blue, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
11 May 2019 01:49 #3494 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic The Brexit Thread

CCU wrote: I’d strongly advise anybody with any passing interest in the whole Brexit thing, to watch these - Storyville from BBC4 “Brexit: Behind Closed Doors”

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004vyd

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004vzb

If you still want to be part of the corrupt institution that is the EU after watching them, you’re absolutely cuckoo IMO...



Huge pay packets and pensions, subsidised living allowances,attendance allowances ( more than most people make in full time employment),
meals,chauffer driven limousines, moving the Eu parliament every three weeks.

Van Hofferstedt, vineyard in Italy and vintage Astin Martin.

Unelected by the people, yet Southern Europe mass unmployment and deprivation.

Well done EU.

Why wouldn't we vote for more of this.

Tony would because he wants his trotters deep and dirty.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2019 09:09 #3495 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic The Brexit Thread
Just watched the first one last night.....gobsmacking to see their tactics laid bare......Seems like some massive joke by these conniving toads and who is this Irish woman aid to Verhofstadt !
Bring on the European Elections and get some cats among these nasty arrogant European pigeons

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2019 18:36 - 11 May 2019 18:47 #3496 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic The Brexit Thread
You see this is what happens when you shit on the hand that feeds you and turn your back on ordinary people outside the M25 the eu Elections are going to blast a massive hole through both main parties and the more mud thats slung at the Brexit Party the bigger the victory will be .
This is going to be a landslide .

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/11/br...l?CMP=share_btn_link
Last edit: 11 May 2019 18:47 by Alan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Dancingbear, Yorkie Blue, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 11:08 #3497 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic The Brexit Thread
That clown Tommy Robinson's on my ballot paper. I've spoilt it and sent it back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
More
12 May 2019 11:26 #3498 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic The Brexit Thread
Someone’s flying a plane over Carlisle with a ‘Vote Brexit Party’ banner on the back just now...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
12 May 2019 11:34 #3499 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic The Brexit Thread

thesilentone wrote: Sadly the whole bumbling fiasco that is Brexit, having been led by our great and good in London has convinced me we are better off remaining.

Do I want us to be independent, yes, do I want us to able to strike our own deals, yes, do I want to stop foreign nationals exploiting our services, yes, do I want to see us take back control of the movement of people across our borders, yes.

Are our Politicians fit and able to deliver and manage the above - NO !!


I knew that message would get through eventually

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 11:52 #3500 by Lancs blue
Replied by Lancs blue on topic The Brexit Thread

CCU wrote: Someone’s flying a plane over Carlisle with a ‘Vote Brexit Party’ banner on the back just now...


I can never find my anti aircraft gun when you need it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.