Flat Earth debate

More
24 Nov 2017 04:25 #101 by pie
Replied by pie on topic Flat Earth debate

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote: Most people who believe the earth is flat just saw the world map on the geography class wall and assumed it was an actual picture.





there's a lot more to it than just viewing a world map in a geography class! the video explains this.....the facts about distance V curvature........if you still fail to understand then consider doing some of your own experiments.

I fail to understand ? , Oh god you are really really stupid , that is complete bollocks , his maths is complete whimsical, when a man can't even do basic multiplication and dividing , he's and idiot , and people who follow idiots , are utter idiots.




so people who follow a different belief to you are considered idiots.......apologies for the ignorance you present.


No an idiot is someone who despite all the evidence to the contrary still argues, as for in a previous post , the maths is the bloody proof of what he says , without it everything he says is wrong, so therefore he has no proof, it's not complex well maybe it is for someone like you.


Those in glasshouses...

How ironic from you.


The only irony in this thread is your level of hypocrisy.

You whinge about Barry calling you names yet resort to doing exactly the same to paddockranger.

You whinge about being persecuted because you're a minority due to your sexuality but are happy to repeatedly suggest that PR has mental health issues and needs to seek help because he is in a minority with a different view to you
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Gannadan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
24 Nov 2017 07:50 #102 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
Let’s have a LGBTFE community. They could even say some random players come out as flat earthers on football manager. May even get a bit of extra sponsorship. Especially once John Nixon is confirmed as a lizard.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 08:09 - 24 Nov 2017 08:19 #103 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote: Most people who believe the earth is flat just saw the world map on the geography class wall and assumed it was an actual picture.





there's a lot more to it than just viewing a world map in a geography class! the video explains this.....the facts about distance V curvature........if you still fail to understand then consider doing some of your own experiments.

I fail to understand ? , Oh god you are really really stupid , that is complete bollocks , his maths is complete whimsical, when a man can't even do basic multiplication and dividing , he's and idiot , and people who follow idiots , are utter idiots.




so people who follow a different belief to you are considered idiots.......apologies for the ignorance you present.


No an idiot is someone who despite all the evidence to the contrary still argues, as for in a previous post , the maths is the bloody proof of what he says , without it everything he says is wrong, so therefore he has no proof, it's not complex well maybe it is for someone like you.


Those in glasshouses...

How ironic from you.


The only irony in this thread is your level of hypocrisy.

You whinge about Barry calling you names yet resort to doing exactly the same to paddockranger.

You whinge about being persecuted because you're a minority due to your sexuality but are happy to repeatedly suggest that PR has mental health issues and needs to seek help because he is in a minority with a different view to you

This is not a point of view , He is litturaly arguing ,with actual science fact, also I've never threatened to go kick the shit out of paddock ranger, , my problem with Barry is he's a twice bankrupt , convicted criminal , who believes that only white people should be in prison and that losing hoolagsm in football was a negative thing, yet he has tries to tell everyone what is right and wrong, I will call people who argue with proven scientific fact morons, stupid etc because that's what they are they are people who are so stubborn so thick head that despite them being categorical wrong, but yet still don't accept it. Also you keep saying i call every one on here homophobic etc?

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 08:19 by Happyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 13:59 #104 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Flat Earth debate

mojo wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

mojo wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

mojo wrote: hey paddock, I'd like your opinion on my theory from the other day fi you don't mind. :-)

if there are land masses beyond the wall, how far do they stretch? so you suspect the known world is surrounded by a 360 degree ice wall which itself is surrounded by land mass of unknown area? so the planet could be immense and what you perceive as a flat disc surrounded by an ice wall could in theory be a tiny area of an immense globe which is so big your flat earth seems likely just because you cant see the curvature of the globe?



if you research Capt. Richard E. Byrd you should get as much information to answer your question.


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_E._Byrd




like I said, i'd like YOUR opinion. :-)




my opinion is anything is possible. i discovered two very interesting pictures that could explain what is beyond the ice wall. I would post the picture's but i dont know how to on here!


try this link

pbs.twimg.com/media/DMlTWR0XkAIishy.jpg


ah, there doesn't appear to be a 360 degree solid wall, there appears to be 3 breaks including a rather large 'summer gate' which lets the oceans flow into an outer disc which itself is circled by an ice wall with even more breaks in it which in turn lets the oceans flow out into where? the ether? space? a third outer disc?



If you flew from australia to south america on a globe you'd skirt antarctica. If you did it on that flat earth map you'd fly across the north pole :-p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 14:05 #105 by pie
Replied by pie on topic Flat Earth debate

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote: Most people who believe the earth is flat just saw the world map on the geography class wall and assumed it was an actual picture.





there's a lot more to it than just viewing a world map in a geography class! the video explains this.....the facts about distance V curvature........if you still fail to understand then consider doing some of your own experiments.

I fail to understand ? , Oh god you are really really stupid , that is complete bollocks , his maths is complete whimsical, when a man can't even do basic multiplication and dividing , he's and idiot , and people who follow idiots , are utter idiots.




so people who follow a different belief to you are considered idiots.......apologies for the ignorance you present.


No an idiot is someone who despite all the evidence to the contrary still argues, as for in a previous post , the maths is the bloody proof of what he says , without it everything he says is wrong, so therefore he has no proof, it's not complex well maybe it is for someone like you.


Those in glasshouses...

How ironic from you.


The only irony in this thread is your level of hypocrisy.

You whinge about Barry calling you names yet resort to doing exactly the same to paddockranger.

You whinge about being persecuted because you're a minority due to your sexuality but are happy to repeatedly suggest that PR has mental health issues and needs to seek help because he is in a minority with a different view to you

This is not a point of view , He is litturaly arguing ,with actual science fact, also I've never threatened to go kick the shit out of paddock ranger, , my problem with Barry is he's a twice bankrupt , convicted criminal , who believes that only white people should be in prison and that losing hoolagsm in football was a negative thing, yet he has tries to tell everyone what is right and wrong, I will call people who argue with proven scientific fact morons, stupid etc because that's what they are they are people who are so stubborn so thick head that despite them being categorical wrong, but yet still don't accept it. Also you keep saying i call every one on here homophobic etc?


I think your view about the shape of the earth is correct (I don't believe it's flat) but even if that's true let's not brush past the hundreds, probably thousands of cases where scientific papers/journals have been published and then counter-papers have been published disputing/disproving the original.

I've never once said you've called everyone on here homophobic either - you referenced feeling persecuted for your sexuality, I drew a comparison with PR being persecuted for having a minority view. Anyway, let's not distract from the original thread any more.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: PaddockRanger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 14:26 #106 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

pie wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote: Most people who believe the earth is flat just saw the world map on the geography class wall and assumed it was an actual picture.





there's a lot more to it than just viewing a world map in a geography class! the video explains this.....the facts about distance V curvature........if you still fail to understand then consider doing some of your own experiments.

I fail to understand ? , Oh god you are really really stupid , that is complete bollocks , his maths is complete whimsical, when a man can't even do basic multiplication and dividing , he's and idiot , and people who follow idiots , are utter idiots.




so people who follow a different belief to you are considered idiots.......apologies for the ignorance you present.


No an idiot is someone who despite all the evidence to the contrary still argues, as for in a previous post , the maths is the bloody proof of what he says , without it everything he says is wrong, so therefore he has no proof, it's not complex well maybe it is for someone like you.


Those in glasshouses...

How ironic from you.


The only irony in this thread is your level of hypocrisy.

You whinge about Barry calling you names yet resort to doing exactly the same to paddockranger.

You whinge about being persecuted because you're a minority due to your sexuality but are happy to repeatedly suggest that PR has mental health issues and needs to seek help because he is in a minority with a different view to you

This is not a point of view , He is litturaly arguing ,with actual science fact, also I've never threatened to go kick the shit out of paddock ranger, , my problem with Barry is he's a twice bankrupt , convicted criminal , who believes that only white people should be in prison and that losing hoolagsm in football was a negative thing, yet he has tries to tell everyone what is right and wrong, I will call people who argue with proven scientific fact morons, stupid etc because that's what they are they are people who are so stubborn so thick head that despite them being categorical wrong, but yet still don't accept it. Also you keep saying i call every one on here homophobic etc?


I think your view about the shape of the earth is correct (I don't believe it's flat) but even if that's true let's not brush past the hundreds, probably thousands of cases where scientific papers/journals have been published and then counter-papers have been published disputing/disproving the original.

I've never once said you've called everyone on here homophobic either - you referenced feeling persecuted for your sexuality, I drew a comparison with PR being persecuted for having a minority view. Anyway, let's not distract from the original thread any more.




It's not persecution.....more like ridicule. But that's expected from people with low intelligence and a closed mind. It's not their fault either because they have been successfully indoctrinated since school.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 16:47 - 24 Nov 2017 16:54 #107 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate
Paddock ranger , the reason I know it's bollocks is I watched his video, he showed his facts and his 'proof' but the problem was his proofs were miscalculated, that means this evidence is wrong, So it's not about being close minded , as if you had actually provided real evidence then it would have been interesting but you didn't , you shared the baffling of a man who couldn't do simple multiplication. Then he talks other rubbish which from actually experience somthing that you obviously don't have, you find that he makes half the crap up. The problem is you've fell for the simple trick that if someone says something with enough conviction people will believe them.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 16:54 by Happyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 17:04 #108 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Happyblue wrote: Paddock ranger , the reason I know it's bollocks is I watched his video, he showed his facts and his 'proof' but the problem was his proofs were miscalculated, that means this evidence is wrong, So it's not about being close minded , as if you had actually provided real evidence then it would have been interesting but you didn't , you shared the baffling of a man who couldn't do simple multiplication. Then he talks other rubbish which from actually experience somthing that you obviously don't have, you find that he makes half the crap up. The problem is you've fell for the simple trick that if someone says something with enough conviction people will believe them.





so is that an admission of low intelligence? an easy find book, called Zetetic Astronomy, will provide evidence and facts (with the use of experiments anyone can achieve) about why the earth is not a globe. so,before you going all dismissive and ridicule people's beliefs why dont you try some research on a subject matter that offends you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 17:22 #109 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote: Paddock ranger , the reason I know it's bollocks is I watched his video, he showed his facts and his 'proof' but the problem was his proofs were miscalculated, that means this evidence is wrong, So it's not about being close minded , as if you had actually provided real evidence then it would have been interesting but you didn't , you shared the baffling of a man who couldn't do simple multiplication. Then he talks other rubbish which from actually experience somthing that you obviously don't have, you find that he makes half the crap up. The problem is you've fell for the simple trick that if someone says something with enough conviction people will believe them.





so is that an admission of low intelligence? an easy find book, called Zetetic Astronomy, will provide evidence and facts (with the use of experiments anyone can achieve) about why the earth is not a globe. so,before you going all dismissive and ridicule people's beliefs why dont you try some research on a subject matter that offends you.


No its not an admission of low intelligence, I've read this so called proof and evidence which is provide by you're so called scientific tests, the experiments are based on no scientific principles at all , You're proof is incorrect, its actually utterly bonkers, you can argue all day all night, but the simple fact of the matter you have been had by a 200 year old book with no scientific theory and a man who can do simple multiplication.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 18:08 - 24 Nov 2017 18:09 #110 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic Flat Earth debate
PaddockRanger.

Your keep net must be overflowing.
Even some of those you've released have jumped back in
Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 18:09 by Flatcap.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 18:23 #111 by Mr Quint
Replied by Mr Quint on topic Flat Earth debate
The Flatties need to use maths!
You simply need to measure a distance. Then between two points work out the angel of the sun on the day of the summer solstice! From this it is obvious the earth is a sphere if you use fairly simple mathematics! The ancient Greeks in this manner not only work out the Earth was 'round' but correctly calculated it's circumference!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
24 Nov 2017 19:38 #112 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 19:47 #113 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Flat Earth debate
Being a simple soul if the world was flat you would eventually fall off the end. How long it would take would depend how close to the edge you lived. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 19:51 #114 by pie
Replied by pie on topic Flat Earth debate
We've all played the Lemmings video game right?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 22:05 - 24 Nov 2017 22:07 #115 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 22:07 by PaddockRanger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Bruntonpasty
  • Bruntonpasty's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
24 Nov 2017 22:17 #116 by Bruntonpasty
Replied by Bruntonpasty on topic Flat Earth debate
"resort to" NOT "resort too"

Intelligence you say?

Dear god.................................

They don't like it up 'em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 22:26 #117 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 23:36 #118 by cufcdeano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2017 23:47 #119 by Gannadan
Replied by Gannadan on topic Flat Earth debate

cufcdeano wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-...m_term=.e8070716329e


Just imagine if he crashes into the sun and brings back a photo of a huge disc. The shit will hit the fan on here. :)

"That is the greatest feat in the history of the game."
Bill Shankly.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cufcdeano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
24 Nov 2017 23:59 #120 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
So sending himself up a good distance lower than commercial airlines fly he’s gonna prove what?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 00:06 #121 by cufcdeano
Replied by cufcdeano on topic Flat Earth debate

Dancingbear wrote: So sending himself up a good distance lower than commercial airlines fly he’s gonna prove what?


Probably that he's not invincible and that his rocket isn't as good/indestructible as he probably thinks it is :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Gannadan, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 00:20 - 25 Nov 2017 00:25 #122 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Bruntonpasty wrote: "resort to" NOT "resort too"

Intelligence you say?

Dear god.................................




it never ceases to amaze me who the grammar police are on here.....such a thankless task, because apart from the person who highlights it, who actually care's?
Last edit: 25 Nov 2017 00:25 by PaddockRanger.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 00:24 #123 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
25 Nov 2017 00:32 #124 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
As Stephen fry once said on QI. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the Earth was round. No they didn’t because they already knew it was. Now I’m no expert but I don’t think NASA was even a twinkle in its dads eye in those days.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 01:53 #125 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Dancingbear wrote: As Stephen fry once said on QI. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the Earth was round. No they didn’t because they already knew it was. Now I’m no expert but I don’t think NASA was even a twinkle in its dads eye in those days.



please......Christopher Columbos! the father of NASA was Prof. Wernher Von Braun who was a NAZI Rocket scientist during WW2......but why stop there? i doubt his heritage or ancestors were a twinkle in anyone's eye when you can consider that Pythagoras (600 BC) originated the idea of a spherical earth.

Von Braun's grave there is a plaque which engraved upon say's Psalm 19:1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun#...un_Wernher_grave.jpg

if you get the time try a little research into that Psalm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
25 Nov 2017 03:54 #126 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: As Stephen fry once said on QI. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the Earth was round. No they didn’t because they already knew it was. Now I’m no expert but I don’t think NASA was even a twinkle in its dads eye in those days.



please......Christopher Columbos! the father of NASA was Prof. Wernher Von Braun who was a NAZI Rocket scientist during WW2......but why stop there? i doubt his heritage or ancestors were a twinkle in anyone's eye when you can consider that Pythagoras (600 BC) originated the idea of a spherical earth.

Von Braun's grave there is a plaque which engraved upon say's Psalm 19:1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun#...un_Wernher_grave.jpg

if you get the time try a little research into that Psalm.


Why would I believe psalms are all true? Surely most are just fiction of their day.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 18:49 #127 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Flat Earth debate

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 21:19 #128 by Kangshung
Replied by Kangshung on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?


Why wouldn't a lighthouse work on a globe? They are relatively tall structures, which can be seen for miles before they disappear over the horizon. There are formulas which are used to calculate the distance a beacon is visible from. These formulas are dependent upon the curvature of the Earth, without it they simply wouldn't work.

Under the right atmospheric conditions, it is possible for lights to be visible despite being beneath the horizon. But fear not, science has an answer.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refraction

As for radar, the curvature of the Earth is one of the biggest limitations of traditional radar systems. Have a look at airborne radar systems and over the horizon radar, which developed specifically to deal with the fact that the Earth is curved.

I have no idea why submarines and gyroscopes wouldn't work on a globe?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: loser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 00:34 - 26 Nov 2017 00:35 #129 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?


You didn't answer my question?, Because you simply couldnt.
Also based on the laws of physics a gyroscope only works because we are on a globe, I'm sorry but you're out of you're mind.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
Last edit: 26 Nov 2017 00:35 by Happyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 01:39 - 26 Nov 2017 05:00 #130 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?


You didn't answer my question?, Because you simply couldnt.
Also based on the laws of physics a gyroscope only works because we are on a globe, I'm sorry but you're out of you're mind.




i just get shot down all the time when i do answer any questions......so i thought it would be nice to ask a few of my own.


another you tube video from Eric Dubay explaining the history of the flat earth/global theory. if you have the time to watch it then good, but please take note's of the names mentioned and research it......you will find it to be fact, not fiction. I'm not out of my mind, I'm just thinking outside of the box, so to speak. if you want to ridicule me then that's fine, because I'm not going to bite. I understand your fearful of the truth, but when it eventually does come out our world will change for the better.



Last edit: 26 Nov 2017 05:00 by PaddockRanger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 09:56 #131 by Happyblue
Replied by Happyblue on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?


You didn't answer my question?, Because you simply couldnt.
Also based on the laws of physics a gyroscope only works because we are on a globe, I'm sorry but you're out of you're mind.




i just get shot down all the time when i do answer any questions......so i thought it would be nice to ask a few of my own.


another you tube video from Eric Dubay explaining the history of the flat earth/global theory. if you have the time to watch it then good, but please take note's of the names mentioned and research it......you will find it to be fact, not fiction. I'm not out of my mind, I'm just thinking outside of the box, so to speak. if you want to ridicule me then that's fine, because I'm not going to bite. I understand your fearful of the truth, but when it eventually does come out our world will change for the better.




You really can't argue with crazy.

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 14:13 #132 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Flat Earth debate
If the world was flat then there wouldn't be any danger when sea levels rise due to global warming because the excess water would pour over the edges :)
What I would really like to know is how come a thread about a daft idea which 99.99999% of sane people know is utter bollocks has run to 132 posts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 23:09 #133 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Arragorn wrote: If the world was flat then there wouldn't be any danger when sea levels rise due to global warming because the excess water would pour over the edges :)
What I would really like to know is how come a thread about a daft idea which 99.99999% of sane people know is utter bollocks has run to 132 posts?





have you ever considered that the title to the thread contains the word debate?.......that might be a clue to why so many users have posted 130+ replies, even though a majority have tried to debunk the flat earth theory.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2017 23:30 #134 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Flat Earth debate
I might start a debate about whether the moon is made of cream cheese. About as believable as a flat earth :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 00:29 #135 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Arragorn wrote: I might start a debate about whether the moon is made of cream cheese. About as believable as a flat earth :)





yes, perhaps for you......clearly you have been well educated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 10:25 #136 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote:

Happyblue wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: I like it how PR accuses everyone of having closed minds but refuses point blank to accept anyone else’s views. He’s even accusing Happy blue of having low intelligence when even a numpty like me can see he is intelligent. Spelling isn’t his forte mind ;)




once you become a flatty, your always a flatty. i know it may seem hard to believe, Dancingbear, but until the last year or so I was globalist.......so can you explain how I refuse point blank to not accepting other views and opinions when i too was fooled into thinking the earth was a sphere?

i think people who resort too verbal abuse, threats and ridicule because they fear the other person's beliefs and views are small minded and of low intelligence.


It's called actually having evidence which isn't made up, or mathematically incorrect, you having made one point to prove what you say apart from a link to a YouTube video which I quickly disproved, you've then talked about a 200 year old book which one again have experiments don't prove anything, you've litturaly just lost the plot. I did so more research into the flatty ideology, amazing how many are linked to cults.
Answer these:
1.Hows comes as you climb higher you can see a greater distance ? (If flat the distance of site would be the same )
2. Ships dispersing over the horizon?
3.If you stick a stick in the ground the shadow will change dependent on the time
4.Time Zones?



is this the best you can do? how about showing me evidence of the theory of the globe? using NASA is not an option for me.

can you explain how a radar, submarines, gyroscopes and lighthouse's work on a globe?

He's at it again. "Show me evidence, but not actual evidence!"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 10:29 #137 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Flat Earth debate
Notice how when he asks questions which then get answered he totally ignored the answers; radar and lighthouses. You've had your explanation, now what?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
27 Nov 2017 10:29 #138 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
Like i say loser. He accuses us all of being blinkered when hes the most blinkered person on here by far.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
27 Nov 2017 10:34 #139 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate
The Verrazano Narrows Bridge :-

Because of the height of the towers (693 ft or 211 m) and their distance apart (4,260 ft or 1,298 m), the curvature of the Earth's surface had to be taken into account when designing the bridge—the towers are 1 5⁄8 inches (41.275 mm) farther apart at their tops than at their bases; they are not parallel to each other.[3][17]

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 10:46 #140 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Flat Earth debate
PR why do people in Australia see different stars to the UK? If the earth was flat all of them would be visible from anywhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 11:20 #141 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Flat Earth debate

Dancingbear wrote: The Verrazano Narrows Bridge :-

Because of the height of the towers (693 ft or 211 m) and their distance apart (4,260 ft or 1,298 m), the curvature of the Earth's surface had to be taken into account when designing the bridge—the towers are 1 5⁄8 inches (41.275 mm) farther apart at their tops than at their bases; they are not parallel to each other.[3][17]

You're being fooled pal. The engineers are in on it as well.

Like I mentioned in an early post, spherical trigonometry is used for navigation at sea (I guess it is how flight paths are plotted as well?). Why do they use spherical trigonometry? Because the earth is a [censored] sphere.

Surely a deck officer would have noticed by now that they could get places quicker by using normal trigonometry if the earth was flat, or are they all in on it too?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 16:32 #142 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate
people need to question themselves if they are asking me for answers about the world we live in. after all I'am off my head, I should be locked away in a secure hospital, I'm blinkered, I'm crazy and a lot of other negative crap. what would be the point of answering if all I am going to get in return is ridiculed? even though the people dishing it out are of low intelligence, self esteem and the non-ability to open their minds to the possibility that the world isn't as it seems. I never change my mind about my beliefs, especially when I am getting slaughtered for it.

if any body does have a general interest in my belief then I have given the necessary tools to find your own path. I don't have all the answers because I am still researching myself. I can point you in the right direction though with the links to you tube videos. if you get the time to see them take note of all names of historical people and literature.

the truth shall set you free

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 16:54 #143 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote: people need to question themselves if they are asking me for answers about the world we live in. after all I'am off my head, I should be locked away in a secure hospital, I'm blinkered, I'm crazy and a lot of other negative crap. what would be the point of answering if all I am going to get in return is ridiculed? even though the people dishing it out are of low intelligence, self esteem and the non-ability to open their minds to the possibility that the world isn't as it seems. I never change my mind about my beliefs, especially when I am getting slaughtered for it.

if any body does have a general interest in my belief then I have given the necessary tools to find your own path. I don't have all the answers because I am still researching myself. I can point you in the right direction though with the links to you tube videos. if you get the time to see them take note of all names of historical people and literature.

the truth shall set you free


Just take the messageboard as a pinch of salt, there are people who still think we might get promoted :-)

I agree the "world" isn't as it seems I just struggle too see the Earth as being flat. They may be no proof apart from fake NASA photo's of the Earth being round but there's also no proof of it being flat. All science/maths points to the Earth being round.

Why would Hawkings. Cox and even Patrick Moore state the Earth is round, these guys have spent years of their life researching the universe. I need a world renowned scientist to convince me otherwise.

The black workers who got so unfairly treated at NASA in the early days, surely would of said something if they realised the Earth was flat.

However Paddock, i'm open minded and the videos make you think, there just isn't one yet that's persuaded me different.

At least we’re not Stockport
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dancingbear
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Star Player
  • Star Player
More
27 Nov 2017 17:22 #144 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Flat Earth debate

PaddockRanger wrote: people need to question themselves if they are asking me for answers about the world we live in. after all I'am off my head, I should be locked away in a secure hospital, I'm blinkered, I'm crazy and a lot of other negative crap. what would be the point of answering if all I am going to get in return is ridiculed? even though the people dishing it out are of low intelligence, self esteem and the non-ability to open their minds to the possibility that the world isn't as it seems. I never change my mind about my beliefs, especially when I am getting slaughtered for it.

if any body does have a general interest in my belief then I have given the necessary tools to find your own path. I don't have all the answers because I am still researching myself. I can point you in the right direction though with the links to you tube videos. if you get the time to see them take note of all names of historical people and literature.

the truth shall set you free


See there you go again. How do you know (using myself as a example) i am of low intelligence, self esteem and of a closed mind? You havent got a clue but seeing as i dont agree with you make those assumptions. To be honest your argument holds about as much water as if you said my two dogs were cats. If you claimed that then id say you were nuts. Flat Earth is just as stupid so on that basis i think your nuts. That doesnt mean your of low intelligence or self esteem mind you but you are nuts.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 17:28 #145 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Flat Earth debate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 17:36 #146 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Mullen103 wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote: people need to question themselves if they are asking me for answers about the world we live in. after all I'am off my head, I should be locked away in a secure hospital, I'm blinkered, I'm crazy and a lot of other negative crap. what would be the point of answering if all I am going to get in return is ridiculed? even though the people dishing it out are of low intelligence, self esteem and the non-ability to open their minds to the possibility that the world isn't as it seems. I never change my mind about my beliefs, especially when I am getting slaughtered for it.

if any body does have a general interest in my belief then I have given the necessary tools to find your own path. I don't have all the answers because I am still researching myself. I can point you in the right direction though with the links to you tube videos. if you get the time to see them take note of all names of historical people and literature.

the truth shall set you free


Just take the messageboard ABUSER'S as a pinch of salt, there are people who still think we might get promoted :-)

I agree the "world" isn't as it seems I just struggle too see the Earth as being flat. They may be no proof apart from fake NASA photo's of the Earth being round but there's also no proof of it being flat. All science/maths points to the Earth being round.

Why would Hawkings. Cox and even Patrick Moore state the Earth is round, these guys have spent years of their life researching the universe. I need a world renowned scientist to convince me otherwise.

The black workers who got so unfairly treated at NASA in the early days, surely would of said something if they realised the Earth was flat.

However Paddock, i'm open minded and the videos make you think, there just isn't one yet that's persuaded me different.

[/b]


im not bothered by any of the ridicule i receive because, as i say, it comes from a lack of intelligence mostly.....and people who find joy in running down others because of their beliefs system......kind of how narrow minded people behave in todays's society though isnt it.

There are plenty of ways to find out the surface of the earth is flat..........Zetetic Astronomy explains the experiments performed that caused the author to believe the earth was a flat.

what happens if you and your families lives are risk......would you still be willing to say if you knew anything?

I wouldn't have believed much about what people have to say personally, but its from my own research that I believe what I believe......and nobody will make me think any different. just like me they are wasting their breath.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 17:46 #147 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

Dancingbear wrote:

PaddockRanger wrote: people need to question themselves if they are asking me for answers about the world we live in. after all I'am off my head, I should be locked away in a secure hospital, I'm blinkered, I'm crazy and a lot of other negative crap. what would be the point of answering if all I am going to get in return is ridiculed? even though the people dishing it out are of low intelligence, self esteem and the non-ability to open their minds to the possibility that the world isn't as it seems. I never change my mind about my beliefs, especially when I am getting slaughtered for it.

if any body does have a general interest in my belief then I have given the necessary tools to find your own path. I don't have all the answers because I am still researching myself. I can point you in the right direction though with the links to you tube videos. if you get the time to see them take note of all names of historical people and literature.

the truth shall set you free


See there you go again. How do you know (using myself as a example) i am of low intelligence, self esteem and of a closed mind? You havent got a clue but seeing as i dont agree with you make those assumptions. To be honest your argument holds about as much water as if you said my two dogs were cats. If you claimed that then id say you were nuts. Flat Earth is just as stupid so on that basis i think your nuts. That doesnt mean your of low intelligence or self esteem mind you but you are nuts.




there you go again too. do you thinks it wise, non-judgemental and open minded to ridicule someone because they can not prove their beliefs, while at the same time can not prove their own beliefs? can you prove to me the earth is a globe without involving NASA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 17:52 #148 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Flat Earth debate
Ladies and gentlemen, the Dunning-Kruger effect in full swing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 18:00 #149 by loser
Replied by loser on topic Flat Earth debate
Utterly hilarious that he asks for evidence but then says "Oh but you're not allowed to use actual evidence". As I said in another thread, it'd be fascinating to see him up in court, presented with concrete evidence against him and just shaking his head in denial.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 18:11 - 27 Nov 2017 18:23 #150 by PaddockRanger
Replied by PaddockRanger on topic Flat Earth debate

loser wrote: Utterly hilarious that he asks for evidence but then says "Oh but you're not allowed to use actual evidence". As I said in another thread, it'd be fascinating to see him up in court, presented with concrete evidence against him and just shaking his head in denial.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk




absolutely hilarious, loser. here's a little bit of research for you. if you follow the links you will know why i do not trust any thing NASA put out. also, why is it that NASA are in charge of the whole space program when there are several independent countries, such as Russia and China, that could afford their own program?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4443934.stm


I would find it difficult to see how you can diss the BBC for reporting it....but im sure with your mentality you will dismiss it anyway.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2017 18:23 by PaddockRanger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.