House of Fraser Carlisle

More
01 Oct 2018 21:46 #101 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Means business then..anybody think he's about to offload the Mags....now that was a protest on Saturday

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2018 06:14 - 02 Oct 2018 06:18 #102 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic House of Fraser Carlisle

seesaw50 wrote: Means business then..anybody think he's about to offload the Mags....now that was a protest on Saturday


NUFC can be anyone's if they can find £300 million to pay for it. Meanwhile Ashley will be perfectly happy to finish in 17th and collect his 'licensing income' from the Newcastle United brand.

The Debenhams situation is very interesting. Mike Ashley owns 29% which is enough to block a special resolution to issue more shares to investors to raise cash. Credit insurers are now withdrawing cover for suppliers to Debenhams forcing it to pay up front for new stock. Debenhams have a Danish investment they can sell to stay alive but it looks as if Ashley is biding his time and looking to cherry pick the best stores when the cash eventually runs out. He'll then merge them with the 20 or so surviving HOF stores to create a strong department store chain.

You have to give Mike Ashley credit. He is absolutely ruthless and crushes anyone in his way.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2018 06:18 by carwash.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2018 09:00 #103 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic House of Fraser Carlisle

carwash wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Means business then..anybody think he's about to offload the Mags....now that was a protest on Saturday


NUFC can be anyone's if they can find £300 million to pay for it. Meanwhile Ashley will be perfectly happy to finish in 17th and collect his 'licensing income' from the Newcastle United brand.

The Debenhams situation is very interesting. Mike Ashley owns 29% which is enough to block a special resolution to issue more shares to investors to raise cash. Credit insurers are now withdrawing cover for suppliers to Debenhams forcing it to pay up front for new stock. Debenhams have a Danish investment they can sell to stay alive but it looks as if Ashley is biding his time and looking to cherry pick the best stores when the cash eventually runs out. He'll then merge them with the 20 or so surviving HOF stores to create a strong department store chain.

You have to give Mike Ashley credit. He is absolutely ruthless and crushes anyone in his way.


2O House of Fraser stores? I thought hed saved all but 8 where the landlords wouldn't play ball leaving about 50

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2018 09:47 #104 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Looks like Kendall’s on Deansgate in Manchester is a big name victim of the re-organisation:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 10:14 #105 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
In the news that Debenhams are to possibly close 1 in 3 stores of its 166 currently open. Books being tidied up ready for Sports Direct to possibly make an acquisition. The business is valued at a mere £110m at present.

If that did happen, then surely Ashley would be combining Debenhams and House of Fraser into one ‘super department store’?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 17:57 - 22 Oct 2018 17:59 #106 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic House of Fraser Carlisle

CCU wrote: Looks like Kendall’s on Deansgate in Manchester is a big name victim of the re-organisation:


Looks like it might be saved it appears councillor Karney sent the councils boys round to the property's owners gaff over the weekend who proceeded to point out the error of their ways in not reducing the rent for that nice Mr Ashley

" if the old git stepped out in front of my car i wouldnt be looking for the brakes thats for sure "
Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 17:59 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2018 09:40 #107 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
You can almost hear Ashley hovering...


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2018 18:43 #108 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Evans Cycles added to the Sports Direct stable today:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2018 08:17 #109 by Mush
Replied by Mush on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Another one to avoid then.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2018 16:50 #110 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Mike Ashley has been appearing before a parliamentary select committee. Some classic stuff.

" It's not Debenhams' fault the high street is f.. dying" :-D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2018 23:19 #111 by Flatcap
Replied by Flatcap on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
No, it's the councils with sky high business rates, parking charges and gestapo traffic wardens.
No wonder customers are going to free parking retail parks and buying on-line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2018 08:19 - 04 Dec 2018 08:38 #112 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic House of Fraser Carlisle
Yes high Business Rates are a factor to company profits, but shops should look at what they sell...too many selling the same type of stuff. They need to have a rethink on the imported tat, especially clothes, or take the hit on profits and accept things have changed.

(Talking about National chains not independents obviously)

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 04 Dec 2018 08:38 by seesaw50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2018 09:09 - 04 Dec 2018 09:18 #113 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

CCU wrote: Looks like Kendall’s on Deansgate in Manchester is a big name victim of the re-organisation:


Looks like it might be saved it appears councillor Karney sent the councils boys round to the property's owners gaff over the weekend who proceeded to point out the error of their ways in not reducing the rent for that nice Mr Ashley


Noticed at the Weekend that it’s been saved:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 04 Dec 2018 09:18 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2018 09:18 #114 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic House of Fraser Carlisle

CCU wrote: Absolutely zero surprise these rumours have started!


From Ashley’s Select Committee appearance...

He also hinted a long-suggested tie-up between Debenhams and House of Fraser could still be on the cards. "I told them to work together," he said. "They should work together."

How long we giving it before it’s announced?!

bit.ly/2RDqarO

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2018 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.