David Holdsworth Thread

More
19 Oct 2019 00:21 #401 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Whilst I think Holdsworth is a gobshite and pretty crap at his job, I think this idea that it’s all his fault and Pressley isn’t much to blame is nonsense.

The squad has its faults for sure, but as a manager Pressley should be getting much more out of them. They are better than their performances and results show in my opinion. I doubt many managers would have done worse than Pressley has to be honest. He’s proving to be a terrible manager and coach as his record shows. The sooner both he and Holdsworth are gone the better. But if I had to prioritise one then first and foremost we need to sort out the shambles we’re seeing on the pitch and that’s down to the manager. So pressley out first, then hopefully Holdsworth won’t be far behind.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 00:40 #402 by Bluedazblue
Replied by Bluedazblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
I assume that Eric Kinder has the job of identifying young talent.

But does Carlisle have a scout, or scouts, to identify talent at senior level? I haven't heard any mention of someone in that role for years. Or is that DH's task?

Just asking. I don't know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 10:28 - 20 Oct 2019 12:46 #403 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic David Holdsworth Thread

carwash wrote: I think Holdsworth has done an excellent job in pinning everything that has gone wrong on Pressley while at the same time trying to take credit for any positives such as bringing in Mo Sagaf. However the appointment of Pressley in the first place was on his watch and the blame for that he cannot shift no matter how hard he tries. I think this week Holdsworth has successfully entrenched his position so that when Pressley does go he can lord it over the selection process of the next manager.

We are where we are with Holdsworth because the owners couldn't control Curle and his spending. The situation is not going to change until the owners are gone.


I can't agree with that. Yes KC did everything he could to squeeze money out of the club, as any manager does, and in the end he didn't manage to take us up, but he did bring signifciant pay days to the club with cup runs, and saved us more money by keeping us in the League. To put all the blame on KC is convenient for the present incumbents rather than accurate.

The club has been struggling for years, definitely since before KC ever came to the club. Over the years the debt has mounted, interest waned, making commercial efforts harder to bring to fruition. All in a crumbling stadium, no longer fit for purpose. I rather wish all the current ills could be blamed on a greedy manager. They can't , it's years of inertia from the board, the club, the city, and the county. A much harder set of problems to fix.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2019 12:46 by Bumble.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, nobbyblue, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 10:37 #404 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic David Holdsworth Thread

Bumble wrote: The club has been struggling for years, definitely since before KC ever came to the club. Over the years the debt has mounted , interest wained, making commercisal efforts harder to bring to fruition. All in a crumbling stadium, no longer fit for purpose. I rather wish all the current ills could be blamed on a greedy manager. They can't , it's years of inertia from the board, the club, the city, and the county. A much harder set of problems to fix.


The club complain about the lower attendances but at the same time we have directors apparently smirking at fans for daring to criticize. They need to see there is a direct connection with the two and it's really not rocket science to understand. People aren't going to want to spend their money and time at BP if they feel they are being treated like shit. The BOD are to blame, the way they treat fans is disgraceful and something needs to change.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mullen103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 11:05 #405 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic David Holdsworth Thread
No, completely miss why my post has been quoted with your post, one doesn't answer the other in any way that I understand.

Forgive me I'm tired and still processing photos for a deadline, so will check back later when, hopefully my mind can see where you're going with that reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 11:26 #406 by Kessler
Replied by Kessler on topic David Holdsworth Thread

Bumble wrote: No, completely miss why my post has been quoted with your post, one doesn't answer the other in any way that I understand.

Forgive me I'm tired and still processing photos for a deadline, so will check back later when, hopefully my mind can see where you're going with that reply.


My fault, I was addressing the "interest has waned" part of your post without really reading the rest of it. I just don't like when people use phrases like that or talk about fans losing interest because it doesn't accurately reflect what the problem. Fans are not losing interest in the club, they are just fed up of the idiots running it. We have told the BOD over and over that their behaviour and attitude is pushing fans away but they refuse to accept that and instead look for other excuses to justify why attendances continue to dwindle. I agree with the rest of your post, blaming KC is just deflecting from the real problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 11:29 #407 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Fans are losing interest in the Club though, and once they get out of the habit they’re likely lost...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 11:42 #408 by cufcmike
Replied by cufcmike on topic David Holdsworth Thread

Bumble wrote:

carwash wrote: I think Holdsworth has done an excellent job in pinning everything that has gone wrong on Pressley while at the same time trying to take credit for any positives such as bringing in Mo Sagaf. However the appointment of Pressley in the first place was on his watch and the blame for that he cannot shift no matter how hard he tries. I think this week Holdsworth has successfully entrenched his position so that when Pressley does go he can lord it over the selection process of the next manager.

We are where we are with Holdsworth because the owners couldn't control Curle and his spending. The situation is not going to change until the owners are gone.


I can't agree with that. Yes KC did everything he could to squeeze money out of the club, as any manager does, and in the end he didn't manage to take us up, but he did bring signifciant pay days to the club with cup runs, and saved us more money by keeping us in the League. To put all the blame on KC is convenient for the present incumbents rather than accurate.

The club has been struggling for years, definitely since before KC ever came to the club. Over the years the debt has mounted , interest wained, making commercisal efforts harder to bring to fruition. All in a crumbling stadium, no longer fit for purpose. I rather wish all the current ills could be blamed on a greedy manager. They can't , it's years of inertia from the board, the club, the city, and the county. A much harder set of problems to fix.


As much as they bemoan Curle's spending, Jenkins has said we are now spending more than we did under Curle.

So either:
Curle was a brilliant manager. Far better than folk give him credit for.

Jenkins is a liar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 12:01 #409 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
When did Jenkins say that? We were spending around £2,5m on wages under Curle. I think you can knock a million off that now if figures are to be believed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 12:19 #410 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic David Holdsworth Thread

nobbyblue wrote: When did Jenkins say that? We were spending around £2,5m on wages under Curle. I think you can knock a million off that now if figures are to be believed.


In some programme notes recently...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 12:41 - 20 Oct 2019 12:43 #411 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Blimey. If Elvis is spending more than Keith it's worse than I thought.

It's some bloody palaver and that's all you can say really.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2019 12:43 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 12:43 #412 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic David Holdsworth Thread

nobbyblue wrote: Blimey. It's some bloody palaver and that's all you can say really.


I’ve always preferred ‘kerfuffle’...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 13:06 #413 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Think a lot were on incentivised under Curle. In my opinion its a good way to go about it in a world of mercenary footballers. If you're not putting it in you don't take it out.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 14:43 #414 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic David Holdsworth Thread

nobbyblue wrote: Blimey. If Elvis is spending more than Keith it's worse than I thought.

It's some bloody palaver and that's all you can say really.


Comparing Curles squads to Pressleys is like chalk and cheese.

So Jenkins and EWM are more prepared to hire Holdsworth to get better value for money to snare expensive players like Webster and Mellish and get rid of the cheap crappy ones like Parkes and Devitt?

It doesn't make any sense, manager aside, if what we have at Carlisle United is a squad put together expensively then the backroom staff needs to go.

And what was that about with Holdsworth slagging off Curle then for spending too much when his spending is worse with players on one year deals - and don't let him kid you with the second year option as we all know player power if they want away, Hope has been hit and miss since he wanted off.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 14:52 #415 by upperbyblue
Replied by upperbyblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Curles incentives were
£300 win
£200 draw
£100 defeat

Giving money away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2019 15:04 #416 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread

munchymagic wrote: Hope has been hit and miss since he wanted off.


I’d say all players under Pressley have been below their best.

I’d like to see if a decent manager would get more out of Hope as well as other players.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 16:49 #417 by triskelionblue
Replied by triskelionblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Maybe Pressley's incentives are be the better team between the 18 yard boxes (in my opinion) GBP400 result doesn't matter???
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 12:41 #418 by Prawncrackhead
Replied by Prawncrackhead on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Did anyone else notice the fella covering his mouth like a prem footballer while he was talking to the blonde lass at the game last night? Thought it was amusing that he thinks anyone(well maybe kessler) let alone the press would give a shit enough about what he has to say to try read his lips.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 12:57 #419 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread

Prawncrackhead wrote: Did anyone else notice the fella covering his mouth like a prem footballer while he was talking to the blonde lass at the game last night? Thought it was amusing that he thinks anyone(well maybe kessler) let alone the press would give a shit enough about what he has to say to try read his lips.


Yeah and also noticed Webster covering his mouth as well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 13:27 - 09 Nov 2019 13:28 #420 by BelleVueBoy
Replied by BelleVueBoy on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Upperby - I think they also still had the League position target from League One even tho we were then in League 2....
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 13:28 by BelleVueBoy. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 15:52 - 09 Nov 2019 15:58 #421 by Bumble
Replied by Bumble on topic David Holdsworth Thread

upperbyblue wrote: Curles incentives were
£300 win
£200 draw
£100 defeat

Giving money away



Surely whether it's giving money away depends on the basic monthly pay?
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 15:58 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 16:19 #422 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic David Holdsworth Thread
I spotted Holdsworth as well, anyone else see that old gadgie by the boardings in the DH crowd sparking up a roll-up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 16:53 #423 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic David Holdsworth Thread

upperbyblue wrote: Curles incentives were
£300 win
£200 draw
£100 defeat

Giving money away


I would prefer.
£400 Win
£200 Away draw
£0 Defeat
Nothing for a home draw or loss would motivate them more.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 17:10 #424 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread
When you look up bellend in the dictionary there's a picture of David Holdsworth I believe.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Croydonblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2019 17:10 #425 by cocaineblues
Replied by cocaineblues on topic David Holdsworth Thread
I'd hate to know the vile shit he was saying to her behind his hand. Despicable character.

At least we're not Mullen.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:40 #426 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic David Holdsworth Thread
Manager departs and not a peep from the Director of Football.

We really are a strange Club at times!

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 17:43 #427 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic David Holdsworth Thread
He's probably checking the small print in his contract

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2019 18:44 #428 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic David Holdsworth Thread

CCU wrote: Manager departs and not a peep from the Director of Football.

We really are a strange Club at times!

.

Maybe he's on his way as well. Should be!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Wukkie, Molly123, Croydonblue, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.