Jack Sowerby in on Loan

More
31 Aug 2018 14:03 - 24 Jan 2019 12:30 #1 by CCU
Jack Sowerby in on Loan was created by CCU
From Fleetwood:


Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 12:30 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 14:32 #2 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
30 appearances and five goals last season. Sheridan played him quite a bit so must rate him. Might be a winger!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: oscarsnowball99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 14:35 #3 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Hopefully a right midfield. Would like to see a left back as well
The following user(s) Liked this post:: oscarsnowball99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 14:45 #4 by Goldschmidt
Replied by Goldschmidt on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
According to Soccerbase, in all competitions he's made 34(18 sub) appearances for Fleetwood and scored 7 goals during his time with them.
He's also scored twice against us in the JPT/ Checkatrade comp. Last season when we lost 1-2, and a couple of seasons ago when we beat them 4-2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 14:45 #5 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
TransferMarkt has him down as a CM who also plays RM:

www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-sowerby/profil/spieler/346780

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 14:56 #6 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
It's a pity he's a bit short (5' 9") because then we could have called him Long Sowerby


Once again, the bitter taste of disappointment :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 15:06 - 31 Aug 2018 15:07 #7 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
If he can play on the right then we might see Yates playing as a central striker more often.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2018 15:07 by crunchblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 17:02 #8 by heilkmoon
Replied by heilkmoon on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

orfc wrote: It's a pity he's a bit short (5' 9") because then we could have called him Long Sowerby


Once again, the bitter taste of disappointment :-(


He’s good at glancing headers though. Temple Sowerby.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Jumpforfun, Mouldy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 17:13 #9 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
If he had played alongside Waring it would have been Jack & the Beanstalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 18:04 #10 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
I was hoping for an effective frontman to replace Bennett TBH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 21:12 #11 by 182blue
Replied by 182blue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Good job we’ve got a Director of Football.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 22:30 #12 by Gezzercufc
Replied by Gezzercufc on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Morecambe signed joe pigott on loan he’d have been a good replacement and bury signed caolan Lavery on loan both good players in this division

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2018 22:33 #13 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

182blue wrote: Good job we’ve got a Director of Football.


There is penny pinching and there is Scrooge.

Waste of a wage - get rid of him or Clibbens and sign some players eh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2018 00:45 - 01 Sep 2018 00:46 #14 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

munchymagic wrote:

182blue wrote: Good job we’ve got a Director of Football.


There is penny pinching and there is Scrooge.

Waste of a wage - get rid of him or Clibbens and sign some players eh?


Or better still get rid of the [censored] pair of them. Parasites stealing wage the both of them. As the window is now closed for the next 4 months i.d be really interested what the [censored] Holdsworth will be doing during that time.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2018 00:46 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, Wukkie, Yorkie Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2018 10:41 #15 by ianell
Replied by ianell on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
I’ve never known so many chiefs and so few Indians at BP
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arragorn
  • Arragorn's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
08 Jan 2019 21:42 #16 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
When does Sowerby's loan end? Thought it was half season too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 21:48 #17 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Arragorn wrote: When does Sowerby's loan end? Thought it was half season too


Signed right at the end of August, so guessing he runs until the end of January?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 21:49 #18 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Yeah Sheridan mentioned a few weeks back that his loan runs till the end of January.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 22:03 #19 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
In Nadesans instance we got to 'try before you buy' and it sort of backfired as it probably pushed the price up perhaps but this current squad if we bring back the other lads works well together and now we have got Gerrard should be solid - the most frustrating thing is that all the players could be bought/signed for next to nothing.

We also need a big man so I would keep Bennett as well although not many will agree with that one, depends on what wage that he is on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 22:41 #20 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
We should have agreed a prospective fee for Jan when we took him back on Loan in August.

A simple ‘if we want to keep him come Jan, we’ll give you £25k and a 25% sell on’ would probably have sealed it. Instead he hit form and Salford appeared with rumours of a £75k bid...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 23:00 #21 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
75k for a player who can't get on the bench in L1 sounds like an agent rumour
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
08 Jan 2019 23:04 #22 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Markovitch wrote: 75k for a player who can't get on the bench in L1 sounds like an agent rumour


Can't get a look in because of one of our cast offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 07:56 - 24 Jan 2019 10:27 #23 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Back to Fleetwood after Saturdays game according to Jon Colman
Another blow to keeping the pressure on after Nadesan going

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 10:27 by CCU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 08:34 #24 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Pity were bust we could probably get the pair of them for under a 100 grand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 08:50 #25 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
If the Fleetwood manager now thinks both are good enough for his first team and doesn’t want to sell how exactly could we buy them both for under £100k?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: DeckchairBlue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 09:11 #26 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
A pleasure to watch him when he’s been in the mddle of the park...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 09:23 #27 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
DB just thought it would be worth a gamble Barton might just be tempted to sell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 09:28 #28 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Problem is Nadesan has gone in and played well. You never know if we'd have put a offer in in say october it could have worked. Barton probably feels hes getting 2 new signings who are good enough for league 1. Its why i dont think half season loans are a good idea. If players do really well you tend to lose them.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 10:00 #29 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Can we claim a fee for coaching them up. Who's paid them I wonder?

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 10:49 - 24 Jan 2019 10:51 #30 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
I can see why the club decided to act as it has done. Can't keep losing vast sums of money every year and needing a sugar daddy to bail us out.
Can see that and it makes sense.
On the surface it looks like the plan has been going well.
Big earners gone, bonuses having less impact and wage bill and squad size down.
Because of the understandable strategy of having to stem the loss of money it means we use the loan system.
Again, this makes sense.
I can absolutely see that cutting back and using loan players is one option for taking the club forward if it wants to stop losing money.
But, I have to say and in my opinion we got lucky with this. 1 or 2 more injuries and it might have been 8 weeks and not 8 hours before we scored.
We got lucky because of Sheridan. By no means wanted or a 1st choice, he got us Sowerby, Gerrard and Yates. And maybe helped get Nadesan back. I don't know.
No matter what you think of him he worked wonders.
Some of the football recently has been a real joy to watch. It really has.
But, within the framework we are currently operating within, it must and should be done better.
My 10yr old daughter calls Ashley Nadesan, "the rabbit." When she sees him running, and when she looks up from her phone, she says, "they won't catch him, daddy!"
Now, we have people at the club who've watched football longer than my daughter.
Surely, surely, one of them could see in the 1st loan spell we needed to get him. Last year! Not this year. Last year!
Seeing Yates & Sowerby progress as well as they have done and helping to push us into 4th (4th! - who'd have believed it!) must have got people at the top of the club licking their lips.
Now again, you can see where the club is coming from. It's losing money hand over fist. It can't go on this way. You can see that way of thinking.
But, if that's all you do - cutting, cutting and cutting - you end up cutting your nose off to spite your face.
It just becomes theory. Dogma. It can't, surely, be just so one eyed.
Keep cutting, keep selling, keep getting players in for a few months and then leaving.
Short term. Fine. Gets the debts down. But could we doing more? Thinking ahead more? Spending and investing a bit as well?
50k, 75k, 100k now to buy Nadesan and Sowerby right now. If it all goes wrong and we don't go up, sell to Salford in the Summer or any of the other clubs supposedly keen on them.
If it does go well, we go up and get more money.
Christ, we've a millionaire and billionaire at the club. Surely enough money already has been saved and clawed back to loosen the purse strings a bit?
The current understandable strategy does run the risk of becoming too dogmatic.
You just hope they know what they are doing. If they've decided there's no money, then there's no money.
But it just feels that it's right there at the moment. It's tantalisingly close.
So much good work being done by so many at the club and how fantastic to be looking forward to the game all week!
Surely there's a little bit of wriggle room there within the current approach to get Nadesan, Sowerby & Yates tied down to us?
If not, we run the risk of giving myopia a bad name.
COYB
Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 10:51 by newcarlislefan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, howoldboy, seesaw50, lbtufty, Dancingbear and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:07 #31 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
We are getting 4500 when we are 4th in the league. There are probably as many people on this board who don't attend as do and the stay aways aren't planning to change. Hope puts the ball into the Warwick and someone will post, well Nixon will be pleased- 5 likes.
As for loans, it has gone well this year but it hasn't in the past. Were you here for the window that brought us Bailey, Waring and Proctor? Seven games without scoring and the quality of football was excruciating. They have gambled and lost before.

I was grabbed by a guy in the supermarket this morning. Carlisle in for a player from St Johnstone he told me, and another from Swindon. Straight from the frozen chicken aisle
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Unrepentant blue
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
24 Jan 2019 11:11 #32 by Unrepentant blue
Replied by Unrepentant blue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Success seems very close. Unfortunately so does failure.
Up to the board which path we take.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:18 #33 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Markovitch wrote: We are getting 4500 when we are 4th in the league. There are probably as many people on this board who don't attend as do and the stay aways aren't planning to change. Hope puts the ball into the Warwick and someone will post, well Nixon will be pleased- 5 likes.
As for loans, it has gone well this year but it hasn't in the past. Were you here for the window that brought us Bailey, Waring and Proctor? Seven games without scoring and the quality of football was excruciating. They have gambled and lost before.

I was grabbed by a guy in the supermarket this morning. Carlisle in for a player from St Johnstone he told me, and another from Swindon. Straight from the frozen chicken aisle


Yes, I do remember Waring, Proctor, Bailey!
But this time our loans have worked and we need to keep them.
Why do EMW put in 750k a year to stem losses, whatever it is for Pressley and whatevee it was for Sheridan but baulk at 100k for 3 players who could get us up a league?
Buy them now (remind me again how much Philip Day is worth), if we go up, great, more money.
If we don't the club can always sell them again and get their money back and maybe even make a few quid
Just how much have we saved getting Adams, Joyce, Bennett, O'Sullivan, Lambe etc off our books?
Surely, surely, there's some there now to buy Nadesan, Sowerby and Yates.
It's hardly that much of a gamble, austerity or not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:29 #34 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Not a surprise. I’ve known for weeks that our Sowerby and Nadesan hopes were dead in the water.

I’m not that optimistic on Yates either. Failure to replace these players adequately and it’s been a disastrous transfer window.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:41 #35 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

crunchblue wrote: Not a surprise. I’ve known for weeks that our Sowerby and Nadesan hopes were dead in the water.

I’m not that optimistic on Yates either. Failure to replace these players adequately and it’s been a disastrous transfer window.


Crunchy you of all people can't say that. We've offloaded Bennett on to Morecambe and you didn't even have to drive him there yourself. :-D
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:53 #36 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Markovitch wrote: We are getting 4500 when we are 4th in the league. There are probably as many people on this board who don't attend as do and the stay aways aren't planning to change. Hope puts the ball into the Warwick and someone will post, well Nixon will be pleased- 5 likes.
As for loans, it has gone well this year but it hasn't in the past. Were you here for the window that brought us Bailey, Waring and Proctor? Seven games without scoring and the quality of football was excruciating. They have gambled and lost before.

I was grabbed by a guy in the supermarket this morning. Carlisle in for a player from St Johnstone he told me, and another from Swindon. Straight from the frozen chicken aisle


Maybe the bloke bringing them in had a better eye for talent than the one before him?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 11:55 #37 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
You've assumed the 2 clubs are willing to sell and 100k is enough. Barton might simply refuse to sell, or if he knows how desperate we are he could ask for £500k for the pair. Stockley went for £750k, Ampadu more I believe. It also could be that they are negotiating as we speak, we don't know- bt accusing them of being too mean to spend £100k is unfair
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:06 #38 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Dancingbear wrote: If the Fleetwood manager now thinks both are good enough for his first team and doesn’t want to sell how exactly could we buy them both for under £100k?


Nothing to do with liking him Bartons seen his arse because the only money he had to spend in the window has gone west and if he could see the wood for the trees he should just call Jenkins out and say 100k upfront for the pair of them.

Then we.ll see just how much uncle Andrew loves the football club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:13 #39 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: If the Fleetwood manager now thinks both are good enough for his first team and doesn’t want to sell how exactly could we buy them both for under £100k?


Nothing to do with liking him Bartons seen his arse because the only money he had to spend in the window has gone west and if he could see the wood for the trees he should just call Jenkins out and say 100k upfront for the pair of them.

Then we.ll see just how much uncle Andrew loves the football club.


So hes started him in every game since he went back coz hes seen his arse?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:14 - 24 Jan 2019 12:36 #40 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

newcarlislefan wrote: I can see why the club decided to act as it has done. Can't keep losing vast sums of money every year and needing a sugar daddy to bail us out.
Can see that and it makes sense.
On the surface it looks like the plan has been going well.
Big earners gone, bonuses having less impact and wage bill and squad size down.
Because of the understandable strategy of having to stem the loss of money it means we use the loan system.
Again, this makes sense.
I can absolutely see that cutting back and using loan players is one option for taking the club forward if it wants to stop losing money.
But, I have to say and in my opinion we got lucky with this. 1 or 2 more injuries and it might have been 8 weeks and not 8 hours before we scored.
We got lucky because of Sheridan. By no means wanted or a 1st choice, he got us Sowerby, Gerrard and Yates. And maybe helped get Nadesan back. I don't know.
No matter what you think of him he worked wonders.
Some of the football recently has been a real joy to watch. It really has.
But, within the framework we are currently operating within, it must and should be done better.
My 10yr old daughter calls Ashley Nadesan, "the rabbit." When she sees him running, and when she looks up from her phone, she says, "they won't catch him, daddy!"
Now, we have people at the club who've watched football longer than my daughter.
Surely, surely, one of them could see in the 1st loan spell we needed to get him. Last year! Not this year. Last year!
Seeing Yates & Sowerby progress as well as they have done and helping to push us into 4th (4th! - who'd have believed it!) must have got people at the top of the club licking their lips.
Now again, you can see where the club is coming from. It's losing money hand over fist. It can't go on this way. You can see that way of thinking.
But, if that's all you do - cutting, cutting and cutting - you end up cutting your nose off to spite your face.
It just becomes theory. Dogma. It can't, surely, be just so one eyed.
Keep cutting, keep selling, keep getting players in for a few months and then leaving.
Short term. Fine. Gets the debts down. But could we doing more? Thinking ahead more? Spending and investing a bit as well?
50k, 75k, 100k now to buy Nadesan and Sowerby right now. If it all goes wrong and we don't go up, sell to Salford in the Summer or any of the other clubs supposedly keen on them.
If it does go well, we go up and get more money.
Christ, we've a millionaire and billionaire at the club. Surely enough money already has been saved and clawed back to loosen the purse strings a bit?
The current understandable strategy does run the risk of becoming too dogmatic.
You just hope they know what they are doing. If they've decided there's no money, then there's no money.
But it just feels that it's right there at the moment. It's tantalisingly close.
So much good work being done by so many at the club and how fantastic to be looking forward to the game all week!
Surely there's a little bit of wriggle room there within the current approach to get Nadesan, Sowerby & Yates tied down to us?
If not, we run the risk of giving myopia a bad name.
COYB


Quite simple if that excuse for a man Jenkins won't invest a tiny fraction of what he has under his bed he should just f.u.c.k right off and top himself as he clearly knows nothing about running a football club and should be nowhere near owning one
Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 12:36 by NORTHERNSOUL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:16 #41 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
Fleetwood had 40 travelling fans for their 3-0 win over wimbledon! We should be blowing teams like this out the water for wages!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:17 #42 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
You just know Barton will be a pain in the arse to deal with full stop...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:20 #43 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Markovitch wrote: You've assumed the 2 clubs are willing to sell and 100k is enough. Barton might simply refuse to sell, or if he knows how desperate we are he could ask for £500k for the pair. Stockley went for £750k, Ampadu more I believe. It also could be that they are negotiating as we speak, we don't know- bt accusing them of being too mean to spend £100k is unfair


Yes, you are right, I am making assumptions. Maybe they have offered 100k for the pair. Who knows? Maybe Barton wants 500k, but I doubt it.
But, I'm basing my assumption on the fact that players like Adams and Joyce were let go for the sake of a few hundred quid a week, having a paper thin squad this year, Sheridan saying there's no money and bringing in loan players rather than signings.
None of this suggests they are about to spend 100k.
Now I understand why the club have gone down this line. It can't keep leaking money.
My point is I just can't understand why EWM who must have spent, and I'm guessing again, 1.5 million? 2 million? 3 million? - who knows, can't see the sense in spending 100k now.
It offers the chance to increase revenue with promotion. It offers a chance to make a profit (or loss) on 3 players and it offers a chance to engage a city and it's supporters.
EWM, for whatever reason, is interested in the club and the city.
Whether it's philanthropic or business minded, I've no idea.
Just seems plain daft not to invest 100k now after spending millions on less obvious gains.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: NORTHERNSOUL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:27 #44 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Dancingbear wrote:

NORTHERNSOUL wrote:

Dancingbear wrote: If the Fleetwood manager now thinks both are good enough for his first team and doesn’t want to sell how exactly could we buy them both for under £100k?


Nothing to do with liking him Bartons seen his arse because the only money he had to spend in the window has gone west and if he could see the wood for the trees he should just call Jenkins out and say 100k upfront for the pair of them.

Then we.ll see just how much uncle Andrew loves the football club.


So hes started him in every game since he went back coz hes seen his arse?


From the horse's mouth last week DB

You can be sure he wouldn't be playing him if Nadesan hadn't told him no way was he going to Salford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:31 #45 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

newcarlislefan wrote:

Markovitch wrote: You've assumed the 2 clubs are willing to sell and 100k is enough. Barton might simply refuse to sell, or if he knows how desperate we are he could ask for £500k for the pair. Stockley went for £750k, Ampadu more I believe. It also could be that they are negotiating as we speak, we don't know- bt accusing them of being too mean to spend £100k is unfair


Yes, you are right, I am making assumptions. Maybe they have offered 100k for the pair. Who knows? Maybe Barton wants 500k, but I doubt it.
But, I'm basing my assumption on the fact that players like Adams and Joyce were let go for the sake of a few hundred quid a week, having a paper thin squad this year, Sheridan saying there's no money and bringing in loan players rather than signings.
None of this suggests they are about to spend 100k.
Now I understand why the club have gone down this line. It can't keep leaking money.
My point is I just can't understand why EWM who must have spent, and I'm guessing again, 1.5 million? 2 million? 3 million? - who knows, can't see the sense in spending 100k now.
It offers the chance to increase revenue with promotion. It offers a chance to make a profit (or loss) on 3 players and it offers a chance to engage a city and it's supporters.
EWM, for whatever reason, is interested in the club and the city.
Whether it's philanthropic or business minded, I've no idea.
Just seems plain daft not to invest 100k now after spending millions on less obvious gains.


Barton wanted 75k for Nadesan Salford were willing to pay it Nadesan refused to even speak to them Common knowledge in Codtown try messaging Rosie on Twitter and ask her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:38 - 24 Jan 2019 13:13 #46 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

CCU wrote: You just know Barton will be a pain in the arse to deal with full stop...


Aye, that.ll be why Pressley went straight to Pilley and not Barton only fly in the ointment there is that Pilley is ten times the c .u n. t that Barton is.

Mind you he wasn't so clever when I had him and his company in court I got lucky and had a judge who saw him for what he is and it ended up costing him nearly 10 grand.

Mind you that pales into insignificance with what he ended up paying a girl I knew he got the shock of his life when he went to meet a fit and horny 22 year old one night on a car park at Thornton Lodge and her 18 stone former doorwoman mother opened the door of my Freelander and an even bigger one when I appeared from the bushes with a camcorder.

Maybe Jenkins should just leave the negotiations to me.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2019 13:13 by NORTHERNSOUL.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 12:55 #47 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
I keep saying this but somebody at CU must have Clint Hills ear...probably has little sway tho even tho he's Bartons mate. As said Barton will be a nightmare to deal with.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 13:10 #48 by johnmc
Replied by johnmc on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan
This is an interesting conversation, but all hinges on the idea that Barton is a rational actor.

The reality is the opposite.

He's a stubborn idiot with an over-inflated sense of self, who has been shown to be pig-headed and stupid by loaning out two players he wrote off entirely wrongly. He's now trying to save face by suggesting it was all part of his amazing plan, when the reality is very different.

Ask yourself how you think Barton would behave in this scenario, and you explain it in an instant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 13:18 #49 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

johnmc wrote: This is an interesting conversation, but all hinges on the idea that Barton is a rational actor.

The reality is the opposite.

He's a stubborn idiot with an over-inflated sense of self, who has been shown to be pig-headed and stupid by loaning out two players he wrote off entirely wrongly. He's now trying to save face by suggesting it was all part of his amazing plan, when the reality is very different.

Ask yourself how you think Barton would behave in this scenario, and you explain it in an instant.


If you remember a while back we sent a player with little future out on loan and he did very well. So we’ll infact people say to this day we should have brought him back and given a chance in our team. Our manager from back then still gets stick for allowing him to go so cheaply. Ironically said player now plays for Fleetwood yet we’re expecting Fleetwood manager to do the same as our manager did and sell players cheaply that have impressed whilst on loan. Who’d be a manager eh?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby, franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2019 13:26 #50 by MerseysideBlue
Replied by MerseysideBlue on topic Jack Sowerby in on Loan

Dancingbear wrote:

johnmc wrote: This is an interesting conversation, but all hinges on the idea that Barton is a rational actor.

The reality is the opposite.

He's a stubborn idiot with an over-inflated sense of self, who has been shown to be pig-headed and stupid by loaning out two players he wrote off entirely wrongly. He's now trying to save face by suggesting it was all part of his amazing plan, when the reality is very different.

Ask yourself how you think Barton would behave in this scenario, and you explain it in an instant.


If you remember a while back we sent a player with little future out on loan and he did very well. So we’ll infact people say to this day we should have brought him back and given a chance in our team. Our manager from back then still gets stick for allowing him to go so cheaply. Ironically said player now plays for Fleetwood yet we’re expecting Fleetwood manager to do the same as our manager did and sell players cheaply that have impressed whilst on loan. Who’d be a manager eh?


Didn't Madden make it clear he didn't want to come back though?

The Censor General

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.