19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

More
30 Nov 2019 17:34 #51 by markredfox73
Replied by markredfox73 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
The horsemen will be looking for a football fortune....

However Fylde away will do for me.

Twice we have drawn against a fancied Forest Green..3rd time lucky next week for winning the replay..

Big game next sat at Morecambe to look forward to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 17:36 #52 by Wukkie

Urban Designer wrote: Only 1,504 there so virtually nothing in our share of the gate money.

Whats the prize money for getting to Round 3.

Can't see the replay being a tv match unless we a drawn to Man Utd or another big club in Round 3.


I would've taken that before kick-off (shows how far we've sunk) and now we have to finish the job in the replay.

Second round winners = £54,000
Third Round winners = £135,000

Dunno what the losers get but I would've thought summat inbetween the two.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 17:55 #53 by CCU

Wukkie wrote: Dunno what the losers get but I would've thought summat inbetween the two.


Losers would get nothing?

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 18:07 #54 by Mush

CCU wrote:

Wukkie wrote: Dunno what the losers get but I would've thought summat inbetween the two.


Losers would get nothing?


And rightly so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 18:31 #55 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

CCU wrote:

Wukkie wrote: Dunno what the losers get but I would've thought summat inbetween the two.


Losers would get nothing?


Life's a Beech

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 18:33 #56 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
I like the sound of him....talks like a proper bloke...not a cliched robot..

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 19:26 #57 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Yawn

Going on and on about the match, finished ages ago. We even know the end result 2-2.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 19:56 #58 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

Mullen103 wrote: Yawn

Going on and on about the match, finished ages ago. We even know the end result 2-2.


Aye but I heard someone who was there’s mate reckoned on of their lads fouled one of our lads in the box and the ref waved play on. Apparently a steward said to a away fan “looked a stonewaller to me”. Any chance of writing me a letter to the FA to complain?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Arragorn, Zebby, ParcelPete, chedderbob247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:05 #59 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Wouldn't believe a word of a steward.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • chedderbob247
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
30 Nov 2019 20:05 #60 by chedderbob247
Replied by chedderbob247 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

Dancingbear wrote:

Mullen103 wrote: Yawn

Going on and on about the match, finished ages ago. We even know the end result 2-2.


Aye but I heard someone who was there’s mate reckoned on of their lads fouled one of our lads in the box and the ref waved play on. Apparently a steward said to a away fan “looked a stonewaller to me”. Any chance of writing me a letter to the FA to complain?


Don’t forget that the steward didn’t see it either. He wasn’t watching the match, he was watching the fans.

Still complain though. Make sure you cite the meeting notes that were taken when the relevant rules regarding fouls in the area resulting in penalties were established though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:08 #61 by Graemehud
Replied by Graemehud on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
I enjoyed the game. No one stood out as particularly good or bad.
FGR missed a couple of sitters in the first half and should have gone in ahead at half time but they didn’t.
Two great goals from Thomas, particularly the second which was scored after some excellent play from Carroll.
Two things were very pleasing which possibly have been due to the manager, firstly the way that they backed up each other and defended like a team as though they cared under extreme pressure by a far superior team.
Secondly, the team reaction on our second goal, the whole team went nuts in front of our support and looked for the first time this season like it meant something.
We still have an issue with midfield and the second ball, FGR ran rings around us. I actually felt that a lot of these issues come from trying to get rid of the ball too quickly, likely due to a lack of confidence.
Collin 5 what a rick for their first, made up for it with a terrific save a few minutes later
Iredale 5 had a torrid time up against a winger and full back that were superb and put some great crosses into the danger area. Lacked support
Hayden 8 MOM very assured did nothing wrong. Impossible clearance off the line
Webster 5 didn’t do a lot wrong but you just waited for a rick which is probably felt by those around him. Just cannot trust him
G Jones 6 steady did little wrong
M Jones 7 did what he does well without being too fancy, solid game
Scougall 6 did a lot of the donkey work but just cannot control the central area
Carroll 7 worked hard, got better as the game went on, was the one that created the second for us but the one that didn't clear out of defence a minute later for their second
Thomas 8 should be MoM with two excellent goals but only really came alive after the first was scored late in the first half
Loft 6 ok, did nothing special but looks more confident lately
Olomola 6 starting to be irritating by dropping too deep. Quite often balls were put forward to no one
Subs
Mellish 6 seamless entry to the game
Hope 6 I would play him rather than Olomola right now. Looked fresh and stayed in position
McKirdy 5 not a strike

Overall, better game than expected
The following user(s) Liked this post:: rathey, newcarlislefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:13 #62 by Mullen103
Replied by Mullen103 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
The steward phoned Lakeland and told him he already made a complaint - so far the FA have said FA about it.

KES is going to put this into FAG if he/she doesn’t get the response wanted I’ll follow up.

At least we’re not Stockport

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:20 #63 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

Graemehud wrote: I enjoyed the game. No one stood out as particularly good or bad.
FGR missed a couple of sitters in the first half and should have gone in ahead at half time but they didn’t.
Two great goals from Thomas, particularly the second which was scored after some excellent play from Carroll.
Two things were very pleasing which possibly have been due to the manager, firstly the way that they backed up each other and defended like a team as though they cared under extreme pressure by a far superior team.
Secondly, the team reaction on our second goal, the whole team went nuts in front of our support and looked for the first time this season like it meant something.
We still have an issue with midfield and the second ball, FGR ran rings around us. I actually felt that a lot of these issues come from trying to get rid of the ball too quickly, likely due to a lack of confidence.
Collin 5 what a rick for their first, made up for it with a terrific save a few minutes later
Iredale 5 had a torrid time up against a winger and full back that were superb and put some great crosses into the danger area. Lacked support
Hayden 8 MOM very assured did nothing wrong. Impossible clearance off the line
Webster 5 didn’t do a lot wrong but you just waited for a rick which is probably felt by those around him. Just cannot trust him
G Jones 6 steady did little wrong
M Jones 7 did what he does well without being too fancy, solid game
Scougall 6 did a lot of the donkey work but just cannot control the central area
Carroll 7 worked hard, got better as the game went on, was the one that created the second for us but the one that didn't clear out of defence a minute later for their second
Thomas 8 should be MoM with two excellent goals but only really came alive after the first was scored late in the first half
Loft 6 ok, did nothing special but looks more confident lately
Olomola 6 starting to be irritating by dropping too deep. Quite often balls were put forward to no one
Subs
Mellish 6 seamless entry to the game
Hope 6 I would play him rather than Olomola right now. Looked fresh and stayed in position
McKirdy 5 not a strike

Overall, better game than expected


James Phillips said Carroll had got booked first half, which turned out to be wrong but he is reckless and will cost us with rash tackles. Thought he played better v Cambridge last week as well

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:37 - 30 Nov 2019 20:38 #64 by Graemehud
Replied by Graemehud on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
I do feel he is more controlled and less rash than on previous showings.
He cares and is passionate which I like to see, too many in our team have been going through the motions.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2019 20:38 by Graemehud.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, ROOSTER

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:39 - 30 Nov 2019 20:42 #65 by newcarlislefan
Replied by newcarlislefan on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Some green shoots - at last!
Despite largely being out played 1st half by a very easy on the eye FGR we ended up almost nicking it.
No idea what was said at half time but after the break we were sharper, quicker to close down the ball, running extra yards and much more in the face of FGR.
All those words like grit, effort, resolve and fight were there in abundance second half.
First half looked a bit like much of what we've seen so far. Acres of space down our flanks with balls being pinged into the box.
We were passed through numerous times wiht some lovely 1 touch stuff from FGR and at times we were chasing shadows.
We should have been 2 or 3 down really but it was a real piece of magic from Thomas. It was a brilliant goal.
Second half, was a different game. We had more bite, got closer and didn't allow FGR to settle and as the game wore on we got better.
It was a superb second goal set up by a barnstorming run by Carrol, holding off player after player. Hallam slipped it across and Thomas was there again at the back post. A really, really well worked goal.
And even at 2-2 we "scored" an excellent third goal only for the flag to go up.
Not all rosy in the garden by any means and we looked all at sea defensively for long periods and centrally up front it's not gelling.
But, Carrol and Jones were both excellent today and it looked like a midfield that could scrap a bit.
Thomas had one of those games that makes you get up from your seat whenever he gets the ball and a special mention to Hayden as well. Very little football but did well all things considered.
It was a cracking last half an hour - a real cup tie and we played with some real heart and real character.
You could feel it in the side and you could feel it seep into the fans.
The side 2nd half really did give us something to sing about today and it was a great atmosphere in the away end.
Considering the quality of the opposition and the way they play the game I think the lads deserve a lot of credit.
Some real spirit there today.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2019 20:42 by newcarlislefan.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, CCU, rathey, flumeblue, seesaw50 and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 20:51 #66 by Laffy
I will say it again NCF-you should write for a living.Great summary
The following user(s) Liked this post:: newcarlislefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 21:00 #67 by munchymagic
Replied by munchymagic on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Pressley was an odd bloke, Hayden never let him down whenever he played him and he never got a fair chance, rarely even making the bench.

Beech comes in and he starts.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50, newcarlislefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 21:23 #68 by Mush

munchymagic wrote: Pressley was an odd bloke, Hayden never let him down whenever he played him and he never got a fair chance, rarely even making the bench.

Beech comes in and he starts.


Yeah but he still started Webster!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 21:36 - 30 Nov 2019 21:36 #69 by Mush
Just seen the highlights, two good goals from us and two bad bits of defending for theirs. last goal looked a OG from G.Thomas.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2019 21:36 by Mush.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 10:41 #70 by Sammy Taylor
Replied by Sammy Taylor on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Forest Green have never beaten Carlisle in their history yet Mark Cooper said after the match "We took Carlisle far to lightly".

Hopefully they`ll get everything they deserve in the replay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 10:53 #71 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

Sammy Taylor wrote: Forest Green have never beaten Carlisle in their history yet Mark Cooper said after the match "We took Carlisle far to lightly".

Hopefully they`ll get everything they deserve in the replay.


They’ve beaten Carlisle plenty of times, as recently as last season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 10:58 #72 by 182blue
Surprised Forest Green and their fans weren’t more up for this one.
Could only be 90 minutes away from a massive money spinning tie (could also be a shit draw I know).
Poor attendance as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 11:00 #73 by CCU

crunchblue wrote:

Sammy Taylor wrote: Forest Green have never beaten Carlisle in their history yet Mark Cooper said after the match "We took Carlisle far to lightly".

Hopefully they`ll get everything they deserve in the replay.


They’ve beaten Carlisle plenty of times, as recently as last season.


Assume he meant at Home?

4 games now, 2 wins and 2 draws...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 13:36 #74 by Bumble
Had a bit of a nightmare yesterday, one of my cameras playing up, meaning I wasn't getting focus, so didn't see as much of the game as I would have liked.

Got to say thought one thing was absolutely magnificant yesterday. Us fans. Not as big numbers as sometimes but we did everything we could to get at least a draw.

Sometimes it takes an incident on the pitch to start things off, yesterday , I don't know, maybe it was the cold and a way to warm up, maybe it was a welcome for the new head coach, or maybe it was just fans doing what they do best but the noise from the terrace in the second half was wonderful.

It lifted my spirits, I'm damned sure it lifted the players spirits, to hear, loved it.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete, bejustandfearprokas, flumeblue, seesaw50, newcarlislefan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Piglet_Phoenix
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
01 Dec 2019 19:31 #75 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
Despite an absolute howler picking Webster for his "experience", I'm liking how simply Beech appears to see the game.

Football at our level is not about extravagant tactics, pages of statistics, and things like "the low press". It's about doing the basics properly and giving the players simple instructions they can easily follow.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: nobbyblue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:16 #76 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread
I thought it was the "high press" SP wanted....but I agree...over complicating things us a mistake in div 2

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:23 #77 by NORTHERNSOUL
Replied by NORTHERNSOUL on topic 19/20 - FA Cup - Forest Green (A) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: Despite an absolute howler picking Webster for his "experience", I'm liking how simply Beech appears to see the game.

Football at our level is not about extravagant tactics, pages of statistics, and things like "the low press". It's about doing the basics properly and giving the players simple instructions they can easily follow.


Aye, I picked up on that too interviewed well with a distinct lack of manager cliches and tactical bullshit just a pity he mentioned Holdsworth to spoil it tho.

I've now spoken to three different people who know him personally and they all say they think we.ve got a good one and apparently he.s turned down offers from non-league try to get a chance in the League and into that the fact that the Lashers are eyeing him up already.

So all we need to is someone to teach him how to play hunt the Jenkins chequebook and we might have half a chance of staying up
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 20:57 #78 by Goldschmidt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.