19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

  • BoardAdmin
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Mar 2020 14:00 #1 by BoardAdmin
19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread was created by BoardAdmin

Web - www.thecumbrians.net
Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/TheCumbriansNet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:42 #2 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
0-1

Match should be abandoned due to coronavirus risk really

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:43 #3 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
0-2

C'mon ref, people's lives are at risk here >:(
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:44 #4 by carlisleunited
Replied by carlisleunited on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Defense went missing. No one quick enough to close their goal scorer down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:44 #5 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
0-2 Not even second best today
... Webster would've stopped both of those.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:50 #6 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
-:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:52 #7 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Mellish was way out of position for the first goal, far too deep. Arguably, Collin should have done better - he seemed slow getting across his goal.

The second is definitely Collin's responsibility. Any corner landing in the middle of the six yard like that should be the keeper's to claim.

I'd replace him with Dewhurst at half-time, could he be any worse?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 15:56 #8 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote:
I'd replace him with Dewhurst at half-time, could he be any worse?

Haven't got the foggiest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:08 #9 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
You're borderline incompetent as a manager if you take Watt off and leave Mellish in the midfield.

(Unless Watt is injured)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:18 #10 by orfc
Replied by orfc on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
0-3(Three)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:21 #11 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
That's utterly shameful from Collin.

He didn't even bother to move. In truth he could've walked across and picked it up.

He could just walk off the pitch, there's no point him being there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:26 #12 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

orfc wrote: 0-3(Three)

Brackets only needed when it reaches 7 (seven)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:44 #13 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Glad I didn’t go today-sounds terrible.

Saving up for the Bramall Lane cup tie Piglet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:45 #14 by Burneside Blue
Replied by Burneside Blue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Laffy wrote: Glad I didn’t go today-sounds terrible.

Saving up for the Bramall Lane cup tie Piglet

We got knocked out of the cup by Cardiff didn't we?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:51 #15 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Yes but Pig thinks I support Arsenal so I’m not a real Blues fan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 16:58 #16 by Dancingbear
Replied by Dancingbear on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: Mellish was way out of position for the first goal, far too deep. Arguably, Collin should have done better - he seemed slow getting across his goal.

The second is definitely Collin's responsibility. Any corner landing in the middle of the six yard like that should be the keeper's to claim.

I'd replace him with Dewhurst at half-time, could he be any worse?


Maybe get a Butchers on Tuesday?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:16 #17 by Piglet_Phoenix
Replied by Piglet_Phoenix on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
It's the perfect afternoon for Laffy, no wonder he's on here all chipper and full of mouth.

Arsenal win and Carlisle lose - he'll be cracking open a bottle of brown ale and sticking his favourite Marc Almond CD on tonight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:19 #18 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
I decided to ride to Carlisle and back-had a family bereavement and needed to get some fresh air

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:24 - 07 Mar 2020 17:34 #19 by Molly123
Replied by Molly123 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: It's the perfect afternoon for Laffy, no wonder he's on here all chipper and full of mouth.

Arsenal win and Carlisle lose - he'll be cracking open a bottle of brown ale and sticking his favourite Marc Almond CD on tonight.


"chipper and full of mouth." Pot calling kettle me thinks
Last edit: 07 Mar 2020 17:34 by CCU. Reason: Fixed quote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:30 #20 by pacirv
Replied by pacirv on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
It’s so disappointing we can’t get it right at home. It’s got to be down to the players confidence in front of home crowd expectations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:37 #21 by Laffy
Replied by Laffy on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Indeed-we lost 3-0.Not a cause for celebration or being chipper.We were terrible but season over anyway.They have a good 5 months to rebuild for the push next season without wasting money on a relegation fight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:38 #22 by Drifter
Replied by Drifter on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Couldn't listen today - what are the thoughts of Max Hunt? or is it a bit unfair cos everyone seemed off form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:42 #23 by Arragorn
Replied by Arragorn on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Well that was every bit as bad as anything Elvis served up.
We wouldn't have scored if we played all night.
If Newport watch the "highlights" they will be disappointed if they don't return to Wales with 3 points on Tuesday

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:45 #24 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Biggest ever home defeat to Colchester that's how bad it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 17:52 #25 by crunchblue
Replied by crunchblue on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
We simply couldn’t cope with their physicality. Totally bullied us all over the pitch.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:04 #26 by franksidebottom
Replied by franksidebottom on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Drifter wrote: Couldn't listen today - what are the thoughts of Max Hunt? or is it a bit unfair cos everyone seemed off form?


May have got the wrong end of the stick but Beech didn’t sound too complimentary about him. Something along the lines of “he tried hard and put the effort in...but won’t be happy with the performance coz we got beat”.

“Yeah, I know of Barry. Bit of a fantasist” - John Courtenay 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:12 #27 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: You're borderline incompetent as a manager if you take Watt off and leave Mellish in the midfield.

(Unless Watt is injured)


Come on ...he took Watt off so he could get Kayode, a forward on, as we were chasing the game...again...he left Mellish on to match up with Harry Pell and or an other TALL midfielder.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

The following user(s) Liked this post:: Molly123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:12 #28 by carwash
Replied by carwash on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Drifter wrote: Couldn't listen today - what are the thoughts of Max Hunt? or is it a bit unfair cos everyone seemed off form?

I listened to some of the Radio Essex commentary and they were impressed by Max Hunt's height. Very positive about Gethin Jones though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:13 #29 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Piglet_Phoenix wrote: That's utterly shameful from Collin.

He didn't even bother to move. In truth he could've walked across and picked it up.

He could just walk off the pitch, there's no point him being there.


But this I agree with

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:19 #30 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

pacirv wrote: It’s so disappointing we can’t get it right at home. It’s got to be down to the players confidence in front of home crowd expectations.


We were still in there until the 2nd goal ...2 min after the first and the manner of it....wind out of sails occurred...then they see our goalie and captain preside over another howler for 3 then its stuff it....not our day. All goess to pot. Beech not amused, hense his first tetchy radio post match.

In a nutshell;

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:21 - 07 Mar 2020 18:45 #31 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Arragorn wrote: Well that was every bit as bad as anything Elvis served up.
We wouldn't have scored if we played all night.
If Newport watch the "highlights" they will be disappointed if they don't return to Wales with 3 points on Tuesday


However if McKirdy had got a toenail on that first half ball in from the right, could have been totally different.

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Last edit: 07 Mar 2020 18:45 by CCU. Reason: Fixed quote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:23 #32 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Not sure what happened there ...why was my reply included in pacirv's post. CCU??

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:24 #33 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

seesaw50 wrote: Not sure what happened there ...why was my reply included in pacirv's post. CCU??


Arragons post even

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:36 #34 by Markovitch
Replied by Markovitch on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
I don't think mckirdy touched the ball all game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
07 Mar 2020 18:39 #35 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Got himself involved with some lads in the Warwick again after the final whistle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:40 #36 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Markovitch wrote: I don't think mckirdy touched the ball all game


Incorrect obviously

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:41 #37 by 09sider
Replied by 09sider on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Floodlights still on at BP, Collin asked to switch them off but he missed the switch, allegedly .............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:44 #38 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Wukkie wrote: Biggest ever home defeat to Colchester that's how bad it is.


They scored 4 here in Jan 2014...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:46 #39 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

seesaw50 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Not sure what happened there ...why was my reply included in pacirv's post. CCU??


Arragons post even


Because you’re incapable of quoting correctly...

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 18:57 #40 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
First 30mins I felt we're in with a chance then ,,......... Roll on Tuesday can't get any worse than today's performance, or can it, as an afterthought the ref was crap
The following user(s) Liked this post:: seesaw50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:07 #41 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

CCU wrote:

seesaw50 wrote:

seesaw50 wrote: Not sure what happened there ...why was my reply included in pacirv's post. CCU??


Arragons post even


Because you’re incapable of quoting correctly...

If that was the case every 'quote' would be wrong.....eh

;)


To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:08 #42 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Think you're doctoring my posts CCU

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:22 #43 by Seekaye
Replied by Seekaye on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Thought the ref was ok but there were three things which puzzled me.

1. He stopped the game for them faking injury when we had the ball. He then restarted by giving them the ball. That seems against the rule. He applied the rule correctly a few minutes later when he stopped the game for them faking injury whilst they were in possession. He restarted by giving them the ball.

2. When Anderton was booked and the physio came on for them faking injury he made their player go off after treatment. I thought if they booked the offender then the hurt player doesn’t need to go off, as was explained after the last home game when this happened twice.

3. Three minutes of stoppage time!?! Are you actually kidding? Four substitutes, including three for them when the players walked off slowly and three times the physio was on when they faked injury. Should’ve been 5 absolute minimum. Still, on the plus side the game finished reasonably quickly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:26 #44 by seesaw50
Replied by seesaw50 on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Yes thought the time added on was too little...maybe had a train to catch.
Why do we always get refs who are easily conned

To have been born Cumbrian
is to have won the lottery of life !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:33 #45 by Waltero
Replied by Waltero on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Bit of anomaly there Seekeye. First you say the ref was ok then you basically criticise him on quite a few times. He was incompetent end of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 19:52 #46 by Seekaye
Replied by Seekaye on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Yeah, fair enough Waltero. We have had worse though
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 20:26 #47 by Taffy-P
Replied by Taffy-P on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
After 25 minutes we competed There was a passage of play in midfield that we lost it ended with Mike Jones giving a foul away I turned to my mate and said we’ve lost this match

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
07 Mar 2020 20:42 #48 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

Seekaye wrote: Thought the ref was ok but there were three things which puzzled me.

1. He stopped the game for them faking injury when we had the ball. He then restarted by giving them the ball. That seems against the rule. He applied the rule correctly a few minutes later when he stopped the game for them faking injury whilst they were in possession. He restarted by giving them the ball.

2. When Anderton was booked and the physio came on for them faking injury he made their player go off after treatment. I thought if they booked the offender then the hurt player doesn’t need to go off, as was explained after the last home game when this happened twice.

3. Three minutes of stoppage time!?! Are you actually kidding? Four substitutes, including three for them when the players walked off slowly and three times the physio was on when they faked injury. Should’ve been 5 absolute minimum. Still, on the plus side the game finished
reasonably quickly



None of our players have ever, or do ever, fake injury.

None of them. Ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • thetashkentterror
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
More
07 Mar 2020 20:43 #49 by thetashkentterror
Replied by thetashkentterror on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread
Can always tell when we've lost, because the same people are on here complaining about the referee.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2020 20:48 #50 by Seekaye
Replied by Seekaye on topic 19/20 - Colchester (H) Match Thread

thetashkentterror wrote:

Seekaye wrote: Thought the ref was ok but there were three things which puzzled me.

1. He stopped the game for them faking injury when we had the ball. He then restarted by giving them the ball. That seems against the rule. He applied the rule correctly a few minutes later when he stopped the game for them faking injury whilst they were in possession. He restarted by giving them the ball.

2. When Anderton was booked and the physio came on for them faking injury he made their player go off after treatment. I thought if they booked the offender then the hurt player doesn’t need to go off, as was explained after the last home game when this happened twice.

3. Three minutes of stoppage time!?! Are you actually kidding? Four substitutes, including three for them when the players walked off slowly and three times the physio was on when they faked injury. Should’ve been 5 absolute minimum. Still, on the plus side the game finished
reasonably quickly



None of our players have ever, or do ever, fake injury.

None of them. Ever.


I never said they did?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2020 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.