TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: ⚽ Here's a reminder of that superb @Carabao_Cup goal - vote for @HallamHope for Goal of the Round right here 👇 https://t.…
8hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 🏅👏 Our very own @HallamHope is in the running for the Goal of the Round award for his stunning strike in the first round…
8hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 📰 The minutes from the @CarlisleUtdSG meeting held at Brunton Park this week 👇 https://t.co/P4S2ty1C9P https://t.co/K3P2M
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 💬 A second update from Thursday's press conference with chief exec @NClibbens - this time he discusses EWM and the appoin…
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @ThomasReeves93: Striker Ashley Nadesan re-joins Carlisle United on half-season loan: https://t.co/XSKrSMIkcm https://t.co/omqHEHak9G
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: Back in blue. @ftfc forward Ashley Nadesan has rejoined @officialcufc on a half-season loan deal this morning. He sc…
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: ✍️ United have today signed striker @ashleynadesan on loan from @ftfc until January 👉🏼 https://t.co/oC0pM3JBpr https://t.…
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 💬 @HallamHope on his goal against Blackburn and the trip to @CTFCofficial 👉🏼 https://t.co/4H9dFiOpw1 https://t.co/Dko7NYS
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Carlisle chief Nigel Clibbens says there is "room for manoeuvre" for John Sheridan to add to his squad: https://t.co/wWkGUhy
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 💬 Update from the Thursday press conference with chief exec @NClibbens as he discusses kit issues, squad size and the cur…
10hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: More on Brunton Park. ‘We have got to be realistic with the costs. Utlimately the end will be that we need to do some…
13hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: "In the last couple of months we've been looking at some options as to how you'd go about improving this stadium" Carlisle'…
13hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: Staying at Brunton Park? ‘We’re looking at possible work on this stadium, possibly a stand rebuild. It’s all under co…
13hreplyretweetfavorite
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Latest directors' press conference at Carlisle earlier today. Chief executive Nigel Clibbens in the chair. Questions asked o…
TheCumbriansNet RT @bbccumbriasport: On the move. Midfielder Jordan Holt has rejoined @WorkingtonAFC from @officialcufc on a one month loan deal. He was…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: Young Carlisle midfielder Jordan Holt has joined Workington on a month's loan. The teenager returns to Borough Park having s…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 🔵🔴 Good luck to midfielder @_jordan_holt_ as he heads down to @WorkingtonAFC on loan 👇 - https://t.co/W02oDpKuwP https://…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: This week's @newsandstar Flashback feature recalls Carlisle's 2014 trip to Cheltenham, and a disallowed goal that denied Gra…
TheCumbriansNet RT @officialcufc: 🍼🥗 We are delighted to announce that @SocSupplement will be continuing as the club's 'Official Nutritional Partner' 👉🏼 ht…
TheCumbriansNet RT @joncolman: In my column last weekend I questioned whether the Carlisle United Official Supporters' Club (CUOSC) was fit for purpose. To…
TheCumbrians.net CUFC Forum
  • Forum

  • Visit Now!
  • Over 1000 members
  • Breaking News
  • Match Discussion
Carlisle United Current Squad Information
Carlisle United Current Season Information

normal Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
02 Aug 2018 23:05 #1 by paddockite
paddockite created the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Seems to be gathering a bit of pace.

Media have been in contact apparently and they'll be cameras and coverage on the day.

If there's ever a time to make our voices heard and show them exactly what we think, now is it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • nobbyblue
  • nobbyblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
03 Aug 2018 08:08 #2 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Never heard out about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 08:53 #3 by sirjimmyglass
sirjimmyglass replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Think you're likely to see the lowest opening home game crowd in a long time.

The result against Exeter might chance it, but I feel almost no excitement for the new season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 09:28 #4 by pacirv
pacirv replied the topic: Protest
I see there is a protest planned for home game next week. Seemingly the media are going to cover it. Hope it's just the beginning of ongoing protests to make the three amigos tenancy as difficult as possible and spread the word that as fans we've had enough of them killing off our club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 09:32 #5 by pacirv
pacirv replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Protest and low crowd maybe start to get the message across.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Waltero's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
03 Aug 2018 09:41 #6 by Waltero
Waltero replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
I don't think it'll bother them at all They're that thick skinned they'll be oblivious to what's going on around them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • BlueAl
  • BlueAl's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
03 Aug 2018 10:03 #7 by BlueAl
BlueAl replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Any passion from the supporters has long been killed off by the board. Not sure there's even any enthusiasm for a protest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 16:44 #8 by Wukkie
Wukkie replied the topic: Protest

pacirv wrote: I see there is a protest planned for home game next week. Seemingly the media are going to cover it. Hope it's just the beginning of ongoing protests to make the three amigos tenancy as difficult as possible and spread the word that as fans we've had enough of them killing off our club.


I agree with everything you said apart from this is the first I've head of it. I guess it's all over social media which i don't use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 16:59 #9 by Zebby
Zebby replied the topic: Protest
Fair play to those organising it plenty of time before first home game to get the word around hopefully plenty will support it..

Be just and fear not

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
03 Aug 2018 17:20 #10 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest
There is a Facebook page Cufc fans: Unite for United, about it all.

Meeting at the back of the Paddock at 13.45, protesting outside the main entrance and walking around the ground, before going into the Paddock for the game in front of the directors.

There will be media coverage of the protest on the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • markredfox73
  • markredfox73's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
03 Aug 2018 17:46 #11 by markredfox73
markredfox73 replied the topic: Protest
Now that the plans are open for all to see im sure the horsemen will put some response team or stewards in place and somehow cordon off the area to the ivory towers..so good luck if you get anywhere near them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 17:53 #12 by Happyblue
Happyblue replied the topic: Protest
Anyone know how much a giant balloon of Nixon would cost ?

Owners like the stadium, full of Sh!T
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 18:28 #13 by Dazwacky
Dazwacky replied the topic: Protest
If its scaled 1:1 it will cost a firkin fortune with the size of his napper!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, cufcmike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 19:56 #14 by Yorkie Blue
Yorkie Blue replied the topic: Protest
How about the Pink Floyd Pig balloon.


An expert is a person who tells you a simple thing in a confused and complicated way so as to make you think the confusion is your own fault.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 22:09 #15 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Protest

Yorkie Blue wrote: How about the Pink Floyd Pig balloon.


Aye - imagine that w anker Khan agreeing to one of these flying over London with those muslim blokes faces plastered over the thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 22:38 #16 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Protest

munchymagic wrote:

Yorkie Blue wrote: How about the Pink Floyd Pig balloon.


Aye - imagine that w anker Khan agreeing to one of these flying over London with those muslim blokes faces plastered over the thing.


Which Muslim blokes? Wasim Akram? James Caan? Amir Khan? Moeen Ali?

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 23:02 - 03 Aug 2018 23:03 #17 by munchymagic
munchymagic replied the topic: Protest

Dancingbear wrote:

munchymagic wrote:

Yorkie Blue wrote: How about the Pink Floyd Pig balloon.


Aye - imagine that w anker Khan agreeing to one of these flying over London with those muslim blokes faces plastered over the thing.


Which Muslim blokes? Wasim Akram? James Caan? Amir Khan? Moeen Ali?


Trying to avoid the horrible word that is pedophiles DB as you well knew but you decided to behave like a clever dick instead and make me say it.

Shift work obviously does not agree with you pal.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2018 23:03 by munchymagic.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 23:39 - 03 Aug 2018 23:39 #18 by Zebby
Zebby replied the topic: Protest
I didn't know James Caan played cricket!!!!

Be just and fear not
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2018 23:39 by Zebby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 01:11 #19 by PaddockRanger
PaddockRanger replied the topic: Protest

paddockite wrote: There is a Facebook page Cufc fans: Unite for United, about it all.

Meeting at the back of the Paddock at 13.45, protesting outside the main entrance and walking around the ground, before going into the Paddock for the game in front of the directors.

There will be media coverage of the protest on the day.





seems a bit of a piss poor plan. if it is just a smoke screen then lets hope your plan A works.

if what has been suggested is your original plan i do not believe you will have full access around the ground (as said Response team will be alerted). I also do not believe you will be allowed to gain entry as a spectator due to the high risk you pose for disruption. hopefully there are a good few of you to drive the attendance down.


would it not be simpler to look at how other protests have occurred at other football clubs with disgruntled fans. was it Charlton fans who threw plastic pigs onto the pitch during a game in relation to their owners?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 05:42 #20 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Protest

Zebby wrote: I didn't know James Caan played cricket!!!!


Aye with Amir Khan.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Zebby, Jumpforfun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2018 07:33 #21 by NORTHERNSOUL
NORTHERNSOUL replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

Waltero wrote: I don't think it'll bother them at all They're that thick skinned they'll be oblivious to what's going on around them


Yes until you start to affect them and their families lives they.ll just sit in the box pissing themselves laughing at you

"The difference is the club belongs to the town and its fans.When I'm done here it.ll be better than when I came in and it.ll still belong to the town and its fans" Andy Holt. May 2017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
05 Aug 2018 17:44 #22 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
*PROTEST 11TH AUGUST VS NORTHAMPTON*

13.45, back of the Paddock, please join and make your voices heard.

Its time for change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2018 18:19 #23 by Wukkie
Wukkie replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
It was time for change 10 years ago. nice of you to exclude all the protesters who do not wish to go in the Paddock too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
05 Aug 2018 18:27 #24 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

Wukkie wrote: It was time for change 10 years ago. nice of you to exclude all the protesters who do not wish to go in the Paddock too.


Sorry around the back of the Paddock, ie behind Main Stand outside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2018 20:11 - 05 Aug 2018 20:12 #25 by Wukkie
Wukkie replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Fair enough. :-)

Hopefully Pattinson won't have the goon squad ready.
Last Edit: 05 Aug 2018 20:12 by Wukkie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
07 Aug 2018 20:21 #26 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Bump.

*PROTEST 11TH AUGUST VS NORTHAMPTON*

Whether you're outside the main stand at 13.45 on Saturday, or inside the ground at 3pm, this is an opportunity to make your voices heard.

It is time to get the owners, and EVERYONE on the top table at this football club out.

Make your voices heard on Saturday, it's time for change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2018 20:55 #27 by Exiledbelfastblue
Exiledbelfastblue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Good luck with your protest, these things tend to snowball so well done for having the balls to start it. I will be over at the end of the month a d would have had no intention of going to a game, however if further action is planned I will gladly join in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
08 Aug 2018 20:56 #28 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Bump.

I urge everybody in the ground on Saturday to make there voices heard, loud and proud against the owners!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 14:13 #29 by pacirv
pacirv replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Protest has made it to the media N&S article today. Good luck to them at last someone is making the effort instead of just moaning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • nobbyblue
  • nobbyblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Aug 2018 14:57 #30 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
When is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bejustandfearprokas
  • bejustandfearprokas's Avatar
  • Away
  • Youth Team Player
  • Youth Team Player
More
09 Aug 2018 15:04 #31 by bejustandfearprokas
bejustandfearprokas replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Happy to make our voices heard in the club, sorry to sound like that guy, but it may be genuinely easier if we had a chant for it.

'We want Knighton Out' was good enough, but what about this time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 15:51 #32 by PaddockRanger
PaddockRanger replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

bejustandfearprokas wrote: Happy to make our voices heard in the club, sorry to sound like that guy, but it may be genuinely easier if we had a chant for it.

'We want Knighton Out' was good enough, but what about this time?





'Sack the Board'?
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bejustandfearprokas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 16:12 #33 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

pacirv wrote: Protest has made it to the media N&S article today. Good luck to them at last someone is making the effort instead of just moaning.


Aye coz we all remember your valiant effort when you stormed the directors box.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 17:47 #34 by pacirv
pacirv replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Hi DB nice to see your usual sarky comments I presume you will be there at the front of any protest. Go well mate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 18:01 #35 by Dancingbear
Dancingbear replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
No I won’t be at the match on Saturday. I also won’t be writing on here about folk moaning on here whilst not doing anything myself either.

There's only one way of life and that's your own!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • markredfox73
  • markredfox73's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
09 Aug 2018 18:18 #36 by markredfox73
markredfox73 replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Well I wont be there on Saturday be close by at Dalston show..but good luck to those who make that effort to protest.Hope there is no repeats of that dickface setting a response team on individuals. Their time has been up long ago.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Waltero, Zebby, Dancingbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 18:27 #37 by Zebby
Zebby replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

markredfox73 wrote: Well I wont be there on Saturday be close by at Dalston show..but good luck to those who make that effort to protest.Hope there is no repeats of that dickface setting a response team on individuals. Their time has been up long ago.


Cmon Mark dickface made you famous :P

Be just and fear not
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
09 Aug 2018 19:22 #38 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Sack the board, sell the club, 10 years of failure get out of our club, anything you want.

Just make as much noise towards them as you possibly can, get your voices heard.

We've vented on here, Twitter, Facebook etc for years, now is the time to step away from our keyboards and start to make a difference.

This is a just a start, but people need to get on board on Saturday in the ground and show the feeling.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Kaiser Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • paddockite
  • paddockite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Ball Boy
More
09 Aug 2018 20:49 #39 by paddockite
paddockite replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
ITV, BBC, News and Star and CFM are all reporting on the protest, they're doing there bit, now it's time we did ours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 21:05 #40 by thedogsbollox
thedogsbollox replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
3:10 the Paddock should turn and face the Directors Box en-mass and shout and jeer as much as possible to make them feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed as possible,!!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Lakelandterrier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2018 23:17 #41 by Kaiser Blue
Kaiser Blue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
It'll be 0-1 then anyways!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2018 10:12 #42 by baggieblue
baggieblue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
I am no sympathiser of the B.O.D. but a fan of Carlisle United, The Team. I do fear that the toxic atmosphere created inside B.P. by the planned protest will have a negative impact on team performance and so I cannot support these actions.
However, I do find it difficult to suggest other means that fans can show there discontent with the board. Possibly they could demonstrate their feelings outside the ground and then enter the stadium 10 minutes after kick en-mass and get behind the team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Waltero
  • Waltero's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
10 Aug 2018 10:25 #43 by Waltero
Waltero replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
There is no other way imo. It's the only way left. I doubt very much it will have an adverse effect on the team plus they could refuse entry after the kick off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • nobbyblue
  • nobbyblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Playmaker
  • Playmaker
More
10 Aug 2018 11:13 - 10 Aug 2018 11:25 #44 by nobbyblue
nobbyblue replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
I hope these protesters are not standing near me in the paddock.

I can't stand crowds or shouting or out like that.

I've heard a crack emergency response team has been drafted in from the smoke. Also a close protection team in case the BOD get any hassle from West Cumbrians in particular.

This is Steve Patt arriving this morning . .
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2018 11:25 by nobbyblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mortonblue
  • Mortonblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
10 Aug 2018 12:15 #45 by Mortonblue
Mortonblue replied the topic: Re:Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

nobbyblue wrote: I hope these protesters are not standing near me in the paddock.

I can't stand crowds or shouting or out like that.

I've heard a crack emergency response team has been drafted in from the smoke. Also a close protection team in case the BOD get any hassle from West Cumbrians in particular.

This is Steve Patt arriving this morning . .

Dont worry Nobby I'm led to believe Lancashire finest are sending the mounted division over as they are not needed over there.....
along with a vet in case any irate supporter punches one of the horses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2018 12:39 #46 by CCU
CCU replied the topic: Re:Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

Mortonblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I hope these protesters are not standing near me in the paddock.

I can't stand crowds or shouting or out like that.

I've heard a crack emergency response team has been drafted in from the smoke. Also a close protection team in case the BOD get any hassle from West Cumbrians in particular.

This is Steve Patt arriving this morning . .

Dont worry Nobby I'm led to believe Lancashire finest are sending the mounted division over as they are not needed over there.....
along with a vet in case any irate supporter punches one of the horses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


That’s a NE speciality...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mortonblue
  • Mortonblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
10 Aug 2018 12:58 #47 by Mortonblue
Mortonblue replied the topic: Re:Re:Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

CCU wrote:

Mortonblue wrote:

nobbyblue wrote: I hope these protesters are not standing near me in the paddock.

I can't stand crowds or shouting or out like that.

I've heard a crack emergency response team has been drafted in from the smoke. Also a close protection team in case the BOD get any hassle from West Cumbrians in particular.

This is Steve Patt arriving this morning . .

Dont worry Nobby I'm led to believe Lancashire finest are sending the mounted division over as they are not needed over there.....
along with a vet in case any irate supporter punches one of the horses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


That’s a NE speciality...

Yeah i know, i remember the incident well, the Newcastle "fan" was very embarrassed after the incident.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • lbtufty
  • lbtufty's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
10 Aug 2018 13:43 #48 by lbtufty
lbtufty replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

baggieblue wrote: I am no sympathiser of the B.O.D. but a fan of Carlisle United, The Team. I do fear that the toxic atmosphere created inside B.P. by the planned protest will have a negative impact on team performance and so I cannot support these actions.
However, I do find it difficult to suggest other means that fans can show there discontent with the board. Possibly they could demonstrate their feelings outside the ground and then enter the stadium 10 minutes after kick en-mass and get behind the team.


The most vocal demonstration against the current BOFD I can recall was the last game of the 2015/6 season with most of the away support getting behind the chanting against Nixon and Co. while also getting fully and loudly behind the team. Didn't seem to worry the players much, it finished Notts County 0 Carlisle United 5 that day.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Urban Designer
  • Urban Designer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • First Team Player
  • First Team Player
More
10 Aug 2018 14:46 #49 by Urban Designer
Urban Designer replied the topic: Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...
Is the protest staying out the ground during the match?

I was inside the ground v Plymouth with a 3,000 crowd (900 Plymouth) and to be honest you couldnt even hear the protest marching around the ground outside part from when one of them banged on the Waterworks fence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mortonblue
  • Mortonblue's Avatar
  • Away
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
10 Aug 2018 15:10 #50 by Mortonblue
Mortonblue replied the topic: Re:Protest - 11th August vs Northampton...

Urban Designer wrote: Is the protest staying out the ground during the match?

I was inside the ground v Plymouth with a 3,000 crowd (900 Plymouth) and to be honest you couldnt even hear the protest marching around the ground outside part from when one of them banged on the Waterworks fence.

I think the plan is .. meet outside main entance / outside paddock area at 1345 ish, go round the ground & onto the hill at the Waterworks end) into ground & turn round to face the directors box at 1510 signifying 10 years of mismanagement etc )

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds
Go to top