TheCumbrians Good luck to D Goddard, a 1 in 10 chance to win £250k for @officialcufc. #cufc https://t.co/0WW8jdBFYl
TheCumbrians RT @cusclbontour: Looks like @officialcufc are in with a chance of winning £250k http://t.co/tUb41tqbPn #cufc
TheCumbrians @mole_dj @tapatalk Awesome, thanks :)
TheCumbrians @tapatalk Where do I get the plugin? I've registered on your site but it only has Kunena 3 and earlier.
TheCumbrians Any closer to supporting Kunena v4 @tapatalk? Last I heard there was a Beta release expected towards the end of June.
TheCumbrians RT @bbccumbriasport: ON THIS DAY: 2008 | A consortium headed by David Allen take over from Fred Story at Carlisle United FC http://t.co/lsV…
TheCumbrians RT @CarlisleFutsal: SPECIAL EVENT: Carlisle Futsal take on Tony Caigs Carlisle United Legends on Sunday 9th August. Ticket news to follow h…
TheCumbrians RT @officialcufc: Boxes of replica kit delivered to the Blues Store this afternoon - everything on schedule for launch day! #cufc http://t.…
TheCumbrians RT @joncolman: "We need to be brought into the fold with immediate effect," say the United Trust, on the #cufc investment mystery http://t.…
TheCumbrians Interested in sponsoring a player with us for next season? All contributions very much welcomed: http://t.co/r977E6WoeM @officialcufc #cufc
TheCumbrians RT @AMcQueen_: Happy to sign for @officialcufc , step in the right direction, excited for the season, found my place already #CUFC http://t…
TheCumbrians RT @joncolman: Andrew Lapping says on http://t.co/UXOR5SRPV1 he sent a "full list" of his investors to #CUFC on May 6 indicating they woul…
TheCumbrians RT @TheUnitedTrust: See Thursday's N&S for Trust reaction to all of CUFC's answers to Jon Colman's 10 Questions @bbccumbriasport @james7phi…
TheCumbrians The Thunderhill Supporters Club (German branch) are heading to @mansfieldtownfc on the opening day for their first ever @officialcufc game!
TheCumbrians @CufcAway @bbccumbriasport Did wonder if it might be Guy, just couldn't remember him ever scoring 😂
TheCumbrians @bbccumbriasport What game was the image from? We think home to Brentford in the FA Cup, a 3-2 win, with Berrett celebrating his goal?
TheCumbrians @officialcufc @d9asa What did he sing? ;) #karaoke
TheCumbrians RT @officialCUSC: 2 days left! Follow and RT! @bbccumbriasport @cusclbontour @TheCumbrians @newsandstar @leskeren @amy__1 @hanfordboi http:…
TheCumbrians http://t.co/OZbPswmlHO most reliable transfer source reckons @FZoko13 is set to re-join @officialcufc. Thoughts? http://t.co/MrwnH63oNy
TheCumbrians RT @officialcufc: Confirmation that striker Billy Paynter has moved on to join Hartlepool United - @Official_HUFC - http://t.co/RGbucRdzrX
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keith Curle

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:19 #1

  • Mush
  • Mush's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 30
  • Likes received: 22
Some may not agree with his methods last season but I personally think we need to move on and us the fans need to get behind him in the coming season. He has brought a lot of players in and hopfully they are grafters who will work their socks off for the club and help get the results which get us promoted. Come on let's be positive for once :)
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2025 19:20 by Mush.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: pigeonpete, JackCUFC, Cayambe, TopDog74, chesterviabothel and this user have 3 others thankyou

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:25 #2

  • beefsister
  • beefsister's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 6
  • Likes received: 1
It's difficult to be positive whilst AJ & JN are sucking the life and positivity after of the club.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:31 #3

  • Mush
  • Mush's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 30
  • Likes received: 22
I agree with you there but on park it's 90 minutes away from all the crap that's going on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:35 #4

  • RPA
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 5
  • Likes received: 8
beefsister wrote:
It's difficult to be positive whilst AJ & JN are sucking the life and positivity after of the club.

Whatever is going on with them surely the team has to be backed by the fans or there will be no team and they will get what they want.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:40 #5

  • pigeonpete
  • pigeonpete's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 21
  • Likes received: 6
During the game the manager and players can be given all the support we can but at half time we can all give AJ & JN as much hassle and grief as is legally possible, let them know WE don't want them dragging OUR club into obscurity.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 19:42 #6

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 71
  • Likes received: 29
I agree, at the end of the season id probably have relieved him of his duties. Its refreshing however the way hes gone about making his signings early. Only time will tell if theyre any good i suppose but hes managed to do something that Abbott said wasnt possible.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TopDog74

Keith Curle 02 Jul 2025 20:34 #7

  • cufcmike
  • cufcmike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 11
  • Likes received: 18
I was in the Curle out brigade at the back end of last season, Accrington away was one of the worst games I have seen for awhile, and I have seen a lot of crap! But he has made this seasons team his own, it would be unfair to judge him before a ball is kicked. His signings seem decent enough, we will judge him when they get to play.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: spaffhead, huddersfieldcock, JackCUFC, melbourneblues, Bluesmad

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 10:32 #8

  • Mush
  • Mush's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 30
  • Likes received: 22
That's it Mike. He's not giving players like Paynter 2 year deals like the last clown did.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 11:57 #9

  • ukblue
  • ukblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 3
If we start the season looking like as bad as last year... presumably we'll see some more very strange KC interviews. That 30 second meet and greet clip on the official youtube page was like watching David Brent in the office. Hopefully the clowns in charge will be more ruthless than they were with Abbott or Kav.

Having said that, hopefully his new signings are superb and we walk the league....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 12:01 #10

  • nobbyblue
  • nobbyblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 43
  • Likes received: 21
I've a feeling we won't be able to afford to sack Curle anytime in the near future even if we did made a terrible start.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2025 12:02 by nobbyblue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 12:03 #11

  • Bluesmad
  • Bluesmad's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 29
  • Likes received: 8
One of the best posts in a while! It was mission accomplished last year... This season is his own and a clean slate to prove that he's a decent manager!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 12:36 #12

  • Northumbrian
  • Northumbrian's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 37
  • Likes received: 23
I was initially very positive about KC and thought he sounded like a breath of fresh air when he came in. However, then I started to hear first hand some of the things he was getting up to in training and my opinion of him started to fall. I personally don't think that he did a good job last year... the football we played was appalling, we didn't improve much defensively, his grasp of man management, tactics, team selections and set pieces was pretty appalling in the second half of the season. Luckily for us there were a couple of even more appalling teams in the League so we survived. On message board discussions about last season I will continue to be critical... if you want to believe the scripted KC version of events where some bad eggs are totally to blame, then you can. I know that version of events is bullsh1t so I won't change my opinion on last season.

However, he starts with a clean slate from me this season. I'm pleased he has made some early signings. I am reasonably pleased with some of the players he has brought in... although not as enthused as some on here who appear to think Luke Joyce will be the new Patrick Viera... but they do seem to be good solid signings for this division and in areas where we needed some change. I think Jabo will make a big difference in holding the ball up and I'm pleasently surprised that he has signed a technical player like Hery. I am optimistic that he now is approaching the squad he wants for next season and we will see a change in direction with regard to the football we play. He will be given the same chance that I always give a manager at the start of the season, and I will judge him on the performances of his team moving forward. This is now HIS team so there is no more hiding place and there are no more excuses if we continue to play the hoofball sh1t served up last term. I'd be very surprised if we don't see a more considered passing approach to the game this season. Hopefully we get off to a good start, the defensive unit gels quickly and we can achieve some good early results. It will be really important to get some early confidence into the players... and also for the fans to get some kind of confidence that KC can move the club forward. My expectations for Curle this season would be to be top half by Christmas and top 10 by the end of the season. That would be real progress on the last couple of seasons and point to the potential for promotion challenge the following season. Anything short of those expectations and KC should get his marching orders. I really hope he can change the opinion of myself and the other doubters this season with the teams reuslts and performances and genuinely do want him and the team to succeed.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2025 12:39 by Northumbrian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mr Quint

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 13:58 #13

Turning around and saving a sinking ship, is the most difficult job in football. Last seasons gone for me, now. I think any negative feelings towards Curle needs to be left and he starts with a clean slate. I agree top 10 minimum, is progress; I'd at least like us to be challenging for play offs but that may be a stretch to far. The good thing about cufc is once we get momentum we can be difficult to stop, but we've got to start from something. I'll be interested in seeing if we can keep clean sheets, win nasty games by an odd goal, play with character and intent - not fear. Stop individual errors across the park and start creating our own luck! These are the attributes, among others, that we haven't seen for 5-6 years and that, along with points, is what Curle will be judged on.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2025 13:58 by FishIslandBlues.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 03 Jul 2025 21:11 #14

  • Wukkie
  • Wukkie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 50
  • Likes received: 21
'' I am optimistic that he now is approaching the squad he wants for next season and we will see a change in direction with regard to the football we play.''

We live in hope Northumbrian but frankly I have my doubts. Someone like KC was needed for a long time when he came in, someone with a new idea and a new broom to sweep away the monotonous dross that continued under the previous two Managers.

He done the job he was brought into to do although the bar was not set very high for him in my opinion. Crowds will certainly decrease if it is more of the same.

Time will tell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle 04 Jul 2025 00:45 #15

  • daviejones
  • daviejones's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 59
  • Likes received: 14
Results will be what make or break him, as has been said before I don't think people will still be moaning about poor old Billy Paynter if we're top of the league by Christmas. Personally I couldn't care less what methods he uses (within reason) as long as we're doing well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Keith Curle 04 Jul 2025 09:08 #16

  • bruntonpete
  • bruntonpete's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 28
  • Likes received: 10
I don't always like his methods but if he gets us winning again I won't complain. We have been going backwards for years. If he gets us going again, despite the hindrance of those in charge, crowds will come back.
We are due a change in fortunes after 5 years of dross.
New players, new hope.
At least on the field i can look forward to the season a little more than I thought I would.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mush

Keith Curle Yesterday 09:28 #17

When he took over, I thought he was the best thing to happen to us for years. He was confident, seemed to know what he was talking about, and really instilled confidence - something that a Carlisle manager hadn't done for me for a very long time.

I also loved his approach of trying to completely shake up the club from top to bottom, something else that was long overdue. And in order to do something like that, you need at least 3-5 years for it to to fully bear fruit, so I was hoping he was in it for the long haul.

Then towards the end of the season, like a lot of others I admit I had a 'wobble' and suddenly wasn't sure about him - it was the Accrington result and the blasting the players in the press that did it for me.

However since then, you have to admit the guy did his job in keeping us up, and has brought in some quite impressive looking signings since then. I'm safely back on the Curle bandwagon now, and hopeful we may see his real potential as a manager this season B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: huddersfieldcock, FishIslandBlues, RagingBlue

Keith Curle Yesterday 09:48 #18

  • bluebry
  • bluebry's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 8
I, (as most people know) have been one of Curles biggest critics, and I'm not about to change, and I personally think they should have got rid at the end of last season, there was enough evidence last season to suggest he simply isn't up to the job, and afterall four clubs before us had found that out. Bulling, alienating, tinkering tactics will never work for me, it simply shows poor man management, and a real lack of respect for his fellow professionals.
However, reluctantly I am prepared to give him another chance, he has now 'more or less' his own squad, (although what is going to happen with the ones he put on the transfer list remains to be seen). The new signings have been Ok, but I refuse to get carried away as most of them are either youngsters or to a lesser extent journeymen, and if the squad grows much more then there are going to be quite a few pissed off players on a Saturday afternoon, which again will cause problems.
Curles not the answer, but hey enough of my ramblings, see you all at at Penrith.
Oh and as far as this 'boycotting' shit goes, do me a favour!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle Yesterday 11:39 #19

Who's he been bulling? We haven't got another McDonald scenario here have we?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, cocaineblues, chesterviabothel, Dancingbear

Keith Curle Yesterday 11:53 #20

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 71
  • Likes received: 29
Maybe the problem is hes been tinkering whilst bulling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keith Curle Yesterday 13:00 #21

  • Markovitch
  • Markovitch's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 20
  • Likes received: 6
Certainly tail end of last season I thought we should get rid of. His signings were 50/50 through last year, Kennedy and Wyke look good, Young was poor. To his credit he has bought in so far this summer players in positions that we need so the squad should be more balanced, lets see how they pan out. Lets also see who he picks, playing Grainger week in week out when Brough was clearly better was simply bizarre, hopefully the players with ability will get pitch time this season
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Go to top