Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

More
04 Jun 2019 15:17 - 04 Jun 2019 15:38 #1 by CCU
Big Match Revisited on BT Sport was created by CCU
Is showing the 1974/75 Season this week, Carlisle featuring several times.

Next one is at 5pm on BT Sport 2, featuring Newcastle Away.

Edit: Wolves Away is on at 7pm too.

Check your planners for more episodes!

sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
Last edit: 04 Jun 2019 15:38 by CCU.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: bruntonpete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 17:05 #2 by Tonyhemmings
Replied by Tonyhemmings on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
Away to Sheffield United tomorrow at 5pm and on Sunday at 6pm a treat as we actually win at home against Everton.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 17:55 #3 by ParcelPete
Replied by ParcelPete on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
I love the fact Everton have never taken a point off us in league games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
04 Jun 2019 18:05 #4 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
I was at three of those games.

Newcastle away, lost 1-0 header from their centre half, can't remember his name, Gallowgate end.

Sheff Utd. away, lost 2-1, Hughie Mac scoring with a consolation header, may have been his last goal for Utd.

Everton home, won 3-1 I think.

Can't remember Wolves being in the 1st division then, obviously wrong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 18:41 #5 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

ParcelPete wrote: I love the fact Everton have never taken a point off us in league games.


Neither have Man Utd...

;)

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The following user(s) Liked this post:: ParcelPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 18:50 #6 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
Everton was 3-0. Beat them 3-2 at Goodison Park too. Followed the Everton home game with a 4-2 home win against Burnley which was a bit of a classic.

A bit different to celebrating wins against Lincoln and Bury.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
04 Jun 2019 19:04 #7 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

AlbertRoss wrote: Everton was 3-0. Beat them 3-2 at Goodison Park too. Followed the Everton home game with a 4-2 home win against Burnley which was a bit of a classic.

A bit different to celebrating wins against Lincoln and Bury.


I thought we beat Burnley 5-2, I know Ray Train scored a cracker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 19:12 #8 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
4-2. 1st April. Programme is on this site:
www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edw4/programm...5_743043/index.shtml

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 21:03 #9 by Wukkie
Replied by Wukkie on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
Back to proper football and proper atmospheres before sky 'invented' football with their hype machine.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: AlbertRoss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 21:36 #10 by MerseysideBlue
Replied by MerseysideBlue on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
The Newcastle and Wolves highlights are very much "blink and you'll miss it" - about 30 secs of each game! Hopefully more from the other two.

Worth noting if you go on the BT player and search the big match, you can watch our game away to Fulham in the 82-83 season - Stokoe, Poskett, Swinburne et al. A lot more than 30 secs there, and a lovely yellow away kit too!

The Censor General

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
04 Jun 2019 21:47 #11 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

MerseysideBlue wrote: The Newcastle and Wolves highlights are very much "blink and you'll miss it" - about 30 secs of each game! Hopefully more from the other two.

Worth noting if you go on the BT player and search the big match, you can watch our game away to Fulham in the 82-83 season - Stokoe, Poskett, Swinburne et al. A lot more than 30 secs there, and a lovely yellow away kit too!


I've just watched a match away to Fulham in 1982, lost 4-1, Pop Robson scored for us and played in blue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 23:17 #12 by MerseysideBlue
Replied by MerseysideBlue on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

Dentonholmersimpson wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote: The Newcastle and Wolves highlights are very much "blink and you'll miss it" - about 30 secs of each game! Hopefully more from the other two.

Worth noting if you go on the BT player and search the big match, you can watch our game away to Fulham in the 82-83 season - Stokoe, Poskett, Swinburne et al. A lot more than 30 secs there, and a lovely yellow away kit too!


I've just watched a match away to Fulham in 1982, lost 4-1, Pop Robson scored for us and played in blue.


Didnt see that one - will have another look.

The Censor General

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dentonholmersimpson
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Reserve Squad
More
04 Jun 2019 23:22 #13 by Dentonholmersimpson
Replied by Dentonholmersimpson on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

MerseysideBlue wrote:

Dentonholmersimpson wrote:

MerseysideBlue wrote: The Newcastle and Wolves highlights are very much "blink and you'll miss it" - about 30 secs of each game! Hopefully more from the other two.

Worth noting if you go on the BT player and search the big match, you can watch our game away to Fulham in the 82-83 season - Stokoe, Poskett, Swinburne et al. A lot more than 30 secs there, and a lovely yellow away kit too!


I've just watched a match away to Fulham in 1982, lost 4-1, Pop Robson scored for us and played in blue.







Didnt see that one - will have another look.


You Tube: The BIg Match Revisited

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 17:00 #14 by CCU
Replied by CCU on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
Sheff Utd Away on the show starting now...

Win or Lose, Up The Blues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 13:26 - 06 Jun 2019 13:27 #15 by nobbyblue
Replied by nobbyblue on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport

MerseysideBlue wrote: The Newcastle and Wolves highlights are very much "blink and you'll miss it" - about 30 secs of each game! Hopefully more from the other two.

Worth noting if you go on the BT player and search the big match, you can watch our game away to Fulham in the 82-83 season - Stokoe, Poskett, Swinburne et al. A lot more than 30 secs there, and a lovely yellow away kit too!


I was at that game. Last away game of the season and we got beat 2-0. I hardly missed a game home or away in those seasons in Division 2 (now Championship).

I've got some photos I took on that day somewhere which I'm sure a lot on here will be interested in (not!). I'll hunt them out.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 13:27 by nobbyblue.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: a66blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 17:47 #16 by Urban Designer
Replied by Urban Designer on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
We must have taken big away numbers in the division 1 season? Was there even segregation then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 20:26 #17 by a66blue
Replied by a66blue on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
Think we took about 10000 tp Pne for cup game only away game I went to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 16:43 - 07 Jun 2019 16:44 #18 by AlbertRoss
Replied by AlbertRoss on topic Big Match Revisited on BT Sport
I can remember standing among the Everton and Liverpool fans at their grounds. I recall we were also in the same stand as Liverpool fans in the cup tie in early 74. Remember the surge when they came forward I think. 0-0 it finished!
Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 16:44 by AlbertRoss.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: munchymagic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Website and all content © Copyright 2019 TheCumbrians.net. All Rights Reserved.