TheCumbrians RT @officialcufc: The chairman will use his programme notes this weekend to address a few issues, including the post-match radio broadcast …
9h • reply • retweet • favorite
TheCumbrians RT @bbccumbriasport: CARLISLE: Keith Curle nominated for League Two Manager of the Month after ten-point haul in September http://t.co/na2T…
17h • reply • retweet • favorite
TheCumbrians RT @ChrisDHWaugh: #nufc 'more than happy' to extend @AlexGilliead & @gillesphey's loans at #ccfc claims Curle http://t.co/znhNvjJF9a http:/…
TheCumbrians RT @cufcpunditry: @TheCumbrians @ccoulthard @PeterRainey @1carlisle @joncolman @Claire_Like_Eh @officialcufc @cusclbontour Wembley 2010 htt…
TheCumbrians @DanCUFC @CUOSC Of course we tried that.
TheCumbrians @DanCUFC @CUOSC CUOSC only received ST holder details from the club last week; hence the delay. Membership cards are now being printed.
TheCumbrians RT @tallstew: 352 Carlisle fans at Stevenage yesterday. #mysteriouscurle #352
TheCumbrians RT @hwinder2203: @CarlisleFanRep Bobby Robson got it... It's about respect. We can't help caring but .... http://t.co/vOsE3yAsCI http://t.c…
TheCumbrians RT @MrHettrick: Really interesting day with @SuppDirect today. Hoping this will help move CUOSC etc forward. Thanks to @BlackpoolST for hos…
TheCumbrians RT @CraigHc10: @1carlisle @PeterRainey @TheCumbrians @joncolman @Claire_Like_Eh @officialcufc @cusclbontour http://t.co/Zqk3NN0mRb
TheCumbrians Whatever happened to the Keogh flag @ccoulthard? Wasn't this one of your groups? Got any pics? https://t.co/cEKvk949ej
TheCumbrians @PeterRainey @1carlisle @joncolman @Claire_Like_Eh @officialcufc @cusclbontour There certainly was - that was a cracking flag!
TheCumbrians RT @1carlisle: @PeterRainey @TheCumbrians @joncolman @Claire_Like_Eh @officialcufc @cusclbontour Where are they now? #flagsreunited http://…
TheCumbrians RT @PeterRainey: @1carlisle @TheCumbrians my lal lass with it. Thanks for the tweet, glad you liked it. http://t.co/yDY6UwsHfF
TheCumbrians @PeterRainey Are you coming to BP on Saturday? I could collect then if that's any good?
TheCumbrians @PeterRainey That would be excellent Peter, thanks for the offer. It would definitely be used, without doubt.
TheCumbrians 2/2 - Go and vote. Let's fill the Waterworks! http://t.co/HnJ3UOaSoo #cufc
TheCumbrians 1/2 - The 'Islington Assassin' flag made a winning debut yesterday, but we still have £250 in the kitty. So, what flag next? ......
TheCumbrians RT @joncolman: Eleven days after failing to beat Carlisle Utd over 120 minutes, Brendan Rodgers is sacked by Liverpool #cufc @newsandstar
TheCumbrians RT @d9asa: We showed unity & teamwork today. with unity & teamwork wonderful things can be achieved. Another great performance lads another…
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CUOSC

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 17:44 #1

  • lummy8
  • lummy8's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 84
  • Likes received: 139
I have been approached to ask a few questions about why you guys have went quiet at the moment when there are so many concerns regarding the club.

1.how have you been making the most of your 1000+ new members?
2.you were very vocal a couple of months ago about the investment situation,but seem to be very quiet at the moment,why has this happened? Has this happened because you have to stay on side with the owners so they will put you on the holding company board?
3.what questions have you asked the club regarding Keith curles contract, given that there has been no comment. Has Norman asked the question?
4.what ideas have CUOSC given to Claire Winder to make the most of her role on the Carlisle United board.
5.Phil King stated months ago he was willing to listen to any and all ideas from CUOSC regarding help, including match days. How far are you along with that now.

Cheers, as I say a few people are asking me these points daily, so it's a chance to tell us the good work.
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2025 17:47 by lummy8.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Alan

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 17:54 #2

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 933
  • Likes received: 423
They're waiting for the new sign ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 17:58 #3

  • Alan
  • Alan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 135
  • Likes received: 79
Despite new blood and ideas being brought into the new group there are still large parts of the old school who have watched whilst nixon jenkins and pattison have shoved us down the shitter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mashie Niblick

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 18:26 #4

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
Still a certain amount of dis-organisation I`d say..............AND "war weariness" by CUOSC ...............They probably feel that any approach for answers to these very pertinent questions will be stone walled as usual. It wouldn`t hurt for an approach in writing to be fired in. OR Maybe they are waiting for the first Board meeting with Claire ONboard :S She probably will carry more clout than say NS...and will have her say.

Any which way a meeting between the CUOSC hierarchy needs conveined to discuss lummy`s and other stuff.

The thing is while the team is on the crest of a wave disgruntlement subsides.

PS didn`t you Join CUOSC when it was the Trust Lummy? or am I wrong on that........... :S
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2025 18:33 by seesaw50.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 18:41 #5

  • Alan
  • Alan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 135
  • Likes received: 79
Remember uncle normans quote on radio cumbria with regard to unrest late last year "a couple of wins and it will all blow over" a shocking attitude from someone at the top of this organisation .
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2025 18:42 by Alan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 18:57 #6

They'll probably come out of the woodwork and start looking busy whilst doing nothing just before you have to pay to subscribe next season,.
then wonder why they're back down to 200 members.
Super blues never lose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mashie Niblick, CCU, Alan, franksidebottom

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:01 #7

  • Moorlad
  • Moorlad's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 941
  • Likes received: 582
"Plus ca change".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:06 #8

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 760
  • Likes received: 290
They're busy making welcome packs up even though they knew there'd be a big jump in Membership, 5 weeks and still no sign...
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Alan

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:25 #9

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 933
  • Likes received: 423
CCU wrote:
They're busy making welcome packs up even though they knew there'd be a big jump in Membership, 5 weeks and still no sign...

The way theyre going theyll have to scribbe out welcome and write cheerio pack on them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: JackCUFC, melbourneblues, CCU, seesaw50

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:29 #10

:-)

Sorry you're leaving pack.
Super blues never lose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:47 #11

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
Moorlad wrote:
"Plus ca change".

is that the same as "rien de change" moorlad lad
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2025 19:48 by seesaw50.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:49 #12

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
over to you Deano :) what`s the crack??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 19:58 #13

  • Moorlad
  • Moorlad's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 941
  • Likes received: 582
seesaw50 wrote:
Moorlad wrote:
"Plus ca change".

is that the same as "rien de change" moorlad lad

No.

It is actually the shortened form of "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose", it is actually quite well known. In certain circles.

It means the more it changes, the more it's the same thing.

I won't use a smiley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TopDog74

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 20:24 #14

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
ahhhhh I was thinking you were thinking "nothing changes" - I`m not in French speaking circles thank Dieu! ;) always like a smiley me!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TopDog74

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 20:51 #15

  • Moorlad
  • Moorlad's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 941
  • Likes received: 582
The shortened version is used in English speaking circles, not French. It is sometimes translated as "the more things change the more they stay the same ", it is meant to convey resignation with the status quo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:00 #16

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
Yes yes I know the saying :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:06 #17

  • Moorlad
  • Moorlad's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 941
  • Likes received: 582
Well, you seemed not to when you were trying to take the Piss earlier.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:17 #18

  • lummy8
  • lummy8's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 84
  • Likes received: 139
No seesaw I didn't join anything. I was kindly invited to the meeting with the trust when they wanted to create CUOSC, very passionate people. I again didn't join but offered some advice on things going forward along with James Phillips and Jon Colman.

I came on here and asked these questions on behalf of supporters who have raised concerns and not had feedback on questions on here when asked,also on behalf of media also.

They could come back with detailed answers on all the questions which would be brilliant so let's see. My advice in the meeting was to be forceful and hit the ground running, I have not really seen that, I have read the weekly column in the news and star but have to say it's more about the team.

Again though let's see because there are some very good people working on this and could be a lot of progress happening, just would be nice to hear or see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:41 #19

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
Okey doke my mistake. I joined in the Close season, so not because I`m a Season Ticket holder, ( which I`m not coz I prefer to pay as I go) but as you say hopefully things are going on behind the scenes. There has been inactivity for so long, it must be hard to get going again. There isn`t even any news on CUOSC getting its deserved place on Holdings Board................so maybe that`s a starting point and get that sorted. CUFCDeano seems to pose and get answers off NS et al............so over to you Deano.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:43 #20

Deano???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:48 #21

  • seesaw50
  • seesaw50's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 452
  • Likes received: 75
whytakemypostcode wrote:
Deano???

yeah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 21:49 #22

  • cufcdeano
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 978
  • Likes received: 306
We're not sat doing nothing, honestly. I need to be careful what I say because obviously a lot of it is confidential. I'm still learning, there's lots of rules/regs etc, and I'm sure in time I'll have no problem answering things confidently. I haven't gone in all guns blazing because there's a heck of a lot of history and stuff for me to get to grips with, including the details in the shareholders agreement. I remember one of my first meetings I can't remember what the question/suggestion was but it was related to the investment situation, and I was told that doing something would go against/breach the shareholders agreement, so that's all new to me and something I have had to get to grips with.

We had a meeting again last night for 3 hours, regarding the 'billionaire', and other things such as the director on the holding board.

I can only ask the questions, and hope those in a better position than me provide the answers, and if that's the case I'll report back here.

Progress is slow, but believe me I haven't joined to do nothing. I've been doing bits and bobs constantly since I've joined - a lot to do with the welcome pack, and match day presence (smaller stuff!). I understand Dan's gripes about knowing the membership increase was coming, and I do agree to an extent, but we were only given the Season Ticket holder details from the club last week, and printing the membership cards is going to take 2-3 weeks; hence the delay.

I will ask those q's Lummy - without hesitation.

On a side note Lummy, why didn't you persue with the supporters club plan that you had? Is it just because AL is no longer involved? If so, why?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:00 #23

  • Dancingbear
  • Dancingbear's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 933
  • Likes received: 423
Was the meeting about the billionaire a bit like this?

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: JackCUFC, melbourneblues, CCU, cocaineblues

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:02 #24

  • Cumbrianblue
  • Cumbrianblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 44
  • Likes received: 13
Most folks are getting what they expected..nowt..all words and not much action. Poor poor gates, apathy... after the glimmer of hope was cruely killed off by the "custodians" ...cant really blame folks for losing interest ...great to see the lads doing their best, sad to see the club grinding to a halt.

aye..i'm still going..re newed me st, can we not arrange sumat on here..among oursels?

Its gona be a long hard road ...so please lummy..keep trying...thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:13 #25

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 365
  • Likes received: 107
It's one thing asking questions it's another getting the answers.

Still waiting for mine to be answered Deano.

Lummy I'm sure is a person that's gives 100% in everything. You just need to watch his performances for us to know that.

He's already answered the question as to why he hasn't got involved now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:17 #26

  • Alan
  • Alan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 135
  • Likes received: 79
Emailed the cuosc with regard to "tail onthe donkey " as half time entertainment has that been brought up yet or has that to be run past "John" .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:28 #27

  • cufcdeano
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 978
  • Likes received: 306
Mullen103 wrote:
He's already answered the question as to why he hasn't got involved now.

I didn't see that, any idea what was said?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:36 #28

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 365
  • Likes received: 107
Because Lummy couldn't give 100% as some of his ideas were being ignored or pushed back by the current regime and his hands would of been very much time. I believe he got the feeling he wasn't wanted.

Lapping made it clear that supporters would be invited and integral to his new thinking that's why Lunmy was involved but it didn't have to AL just someone with the same ideas. PK has the same ideas but his hands are also tied from those above.

Lummy also wanted to help the trust but again not really wanted as was more/less told the trust Would continue to do things the way theve always done things.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:41 #29

  • cufcdeano
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 978
  • Likes received: 306
Mullen103 wrote:
Lummy also wanted to help the trust but again not really wanted as was more/less told the trust Would continue to do things the way theve always done things.

Told by who, and when?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:43 #30

  • Mullen103
  • Mullen103's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 365
  • Likes received: 107
cufcdeano wrote:
Mullen103 wrote:
Lummy also wanted to help the trust but again not really wanted as was more/less told the trust Would continue to do things the way theve always done things.

Told by who, and when?

The board members at the time re helping to get the trust bigger and into a supporters club.

I'm sure he will be able to tell you himself on here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 02 Oct 2025 22:46 #31

  • cufcdeano
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 978
  • Likes received: 306
Wasn't aware of that. It certainly didn't happen at the meeting that Lummy/Jon Colman/James Phillips et al attended, but appreciate there may have been other meetings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 00:34 #32

  • flumeblue
  • flumeblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 45
  • Likes received: 12
Lummy all you do is disrupt. If you want change go for it. I'm bored.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 06:20 #33

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 760
  • Likes received: 290
flumeblue wrote:
Lummy all you do is disrupt. If you want change go for it. I'm bored.

Miaow
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: melbourneblues, Mouldy

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 06:22 #34

  • nobbyblue
  • nobbyblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Youth Team Player
  • Posts: 335
  • Likes received: 142
Just a quick question. What has the trust /CUOSC actually ever done from a constructive point of view? From the outside it just looks like they have meeting after meeting and absolutely nothing ever happens.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: franksidebottom

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 06:26 #35

  • RonBacardi
  • RonBacardi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 165
  • Likes received: 49
And what's happening with their '5 year plan'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 06:37 #36

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 760
  • Likes received: 290
RonBacardi wrote:
And what's happening with their '5 year plan'

"Still being finalised"?!
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 07:44 #37

  • ExiledJock
  • ExiledJock's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 49
  • Likes received: 10
How easy was it to raise the money for the Jabo flag? Super easy. If there are practical, uncomplicated actions people could just do, without needing permission from the club or CUOSC, then we should just do it.

What's the next thing we could do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 07:56 #38

RonBacardi wrote:
And what's happening with their '5 year plan'

They can hardly push the club for answers when they take so long in doing things themselves, i don't suppose you could have used some initiative and went down to the club asking for membership details Deano, saving yourselves an 8 week wait.
Super blues never lose.
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2025 07:57 by melbourneblues.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 08:26 #39

  • Oldhamblue
  • Oldhamblue's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 168
  • Likes received: 47
cufcdeano wrote:
We're not sat doing nothing, honestly. I need to be careful what I say because obviously a lot of it is confidential. I'm still learning, there's lots of rules/regs etc, and I'm sure in time I'll have no problem answering things confidently. I haven't gone in all guns blazing because there's a heck of a lot of history and stuff for me to get to grips with, including the details in the shareholders agreement. I remember one of my first meetings I can't remember what the question/suggestion was but it was related to the investment situation, and I was told that doing something would go against/breach the shareholders agreement, so that's all new to me and something I have had to get to grips with.

We had a meeting again last night for 3 hours, regarding the 'billionaire', and other things such as the director on the holding board.

I can only ask the questions, and hope those in a better position than me provide the answers, and if that's the case I'll report back here.

Progress is slow, but believe me I haven't joined to do nothing. I've been doing bits and bobs constantly since I've joined - a lot to do with the welcome pack, and match day presence (smaller stuff!). I understand Dan's gripes about knowing the membership increase was coming, and I do agree to an extent, but we were only given the Season Ticket holder details from the club last week, and printing the membership cards is going to take 2-3 weeks; hence the delay.

I will ask those q's Lummy - without hesitation.

On a side note Lummy, why didn't you persue with the supporters club plan that you had? Is it just because AL is no longer involved? If so, why?

No Deano it's not slow, it's non-existent; as is change re CUOSC as Norman is still around...

This is all the minor stuff that is, frankly, irrelevant - just as Claire sorting out the TV's in the East Stand is - yes the Titanic will look lovely and shiny with a great cabaret show - guess what IT STILL SINKS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: TopDog74

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 08:31 #40

  • lummy8
  • lummy8's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 84
  • Likes received: 139
Morning! Game day, best day of the week.

My idea of the supporters club and to get it going was put into motion when so many people were against the trust rightly or wrongly.

Around the same time AL came on the scene and had many of the same visions I did for a supporters club and thought a rebrand of the trust with the power they have/should have would be a good way to go forward. I went along to the meeting which was mentioned by deano and again there were some very passionate people in there from all supporters group, some very good people. Myself, Jon Colman and James Phillips give our advice on what we thought would be the best way going forward, and listened to what the people in the room said.
My supporters club was mentioned and was met with "why you would want to start a supporters club when you have this is beyond me" to which I thought ok, maybe people in here are unaware to the feeling towards the trust. I make sure I have a pint before or after with supporters, talk to anyone who wants a bit crack and get the gist of their feelings. Not to mention the hundreds of texts or tweets that come in the radio station. I (and my fellow media colleagues, cos let's face it I couldn't think up them questions ha ha) thought the way the meeting went, was that I could not really put my name to it because I simply didn't see the group progressing or making strides the way I wanted it too, and I felt at the meeting all 3 of our ideas were dismissed. Nigel Davison (hope I have name right) is very passionate and you can see how much he wants it to work. As Mullen says, I won't go into something either if my hands are tied, and in asking these questions I'm not being disruptive I genuinely want to see them answers like deano has which is encouraging.

Flumeblue, you are a reason as well I did not commit and why your application for fans rep was ignored, do you remember your speech at the meeting involving the Jenkins family and how you would have to take a step back due to your association with them if things needed pursuing?
And you may want to have a word with the family over the weekend because I speak to David a lot and he thinks I'm anything but disruptive, I'm passionate, there is a difference. You can come see me before the home match next week if you want and we can go through a few things if you like pal. Enjoy the game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, cocaineblues, Mouldy, franksidebottom, carwash

Re:CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 08:59 #41

  • cocaineblues
  • cocaineblues's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 238
  • Likes received: 249
Alan wrote:
Emailed the cuosc with regard to "tail onthe donkey " as half time entertainment has that been brought up yet or has that to be run past "John" .

Would Steve Pattison be on the pitch for that? Or would the person have to try and pin the tail on him wherever he is in the ground..?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 09:05 #42

  • bruntonpete
  • bruntonpete's Avatar
  • Online
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 177
  • Likes received: 57
When I tried to get involved it seemed that anything and everything had to be put on hold until 'john' gave the green light and because everything down there seemed to be shrouded with secrecy and suspicion, things didnt progress as they should have.
For such a small organisation I find it amazing how slow the wheels turn there. It is also amazing to see how reluctant the club are to embrace those who care for it the most and yet often seem willing to trust unknown or unusual outsiders.
I'm hoping, until there are changes at the top, Phil King will make things happen without having to run everything by the custodians. Time will tell.
There are a lot of us who are keen to help the club with time and money but we won't waste either until we are shown a plan for a way forward by a united body leading the way.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: cocaineblues

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 09:30 #43

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Online
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 193
  • Likes received: 110
Organising a rebranded supporters club is rather like an Ent Moot. Plenty of folk talk about it, more folk talk about folk who talk about it but too few actually grasp the nettle and get things moving.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: flumeblue

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 09:33 #44

  • CCU
  • CCU's Avatar
  • Online
  • Reserve Squad
  • Posts: 760
  • Likes received: 290
Bumble wrote:
Organising a rebranded supporters club is rather like an Ent Moot. Plenty of folk talk about it, more folk talk about folk who talk about it but too few actually grasp the nettle and get things moving.

Bumble for FLO! B)
Win or Lose, Up The Blues!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mouldy

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 09:35 #45

Don't get her started on FLO's again ffs
Super blues never lose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: CCU, Mouldy

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 09:35 #46

  • Bumble
  • Bumble's Avatar
  • Online
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 193
  • Likes received: 110
That subject is so last year :)
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2025 09:36 by Bumble.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Mashie Niblick

Re:CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 10:02 #47

Alan wrote:
Emailed the cuosc with regard to "tail onthe donkey " as half time entertainment has that been brought up yet or has that to be run past "John" .

Are we inviting last season's squad back down for a game then?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 10:08 #48

Fair dos deano for coming on and giving us an update - it's more than the CUOSC social media presence etc have done.

I totally understand that things may be going a bit slowly and work is going on behind the scenes, but they should be getting out there and giving us some kind of an update each week - even if there isn't a huge amount to tell, just give us something. Silence just leaves a void where genuine concerns (like the ones Lummy has raised) start to take precedence. Even getting the message out that you've just received the STH details from the club and welcome packs will be getting sent out over the next few weeks. In the last month, the only things really shared on their Facebook page are a few videos of fans at games.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 10:22 #49

  • cufcdeano
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 978
  • Likes received: 306
Cheers for those constructive points MerseysideBlue. I don't have access to the website/social media side of things to provide updates but will certainly pass them on.

For info Lummy and all, CUOSC contact details are:

Tel: 07999 73 73 90
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I'll always try and answer what I can on here, but you should probably send questions through to the above channels so they can be dealt with correctly. Also means I won't miss anything.

CUOSC minutes from the last board meeting were approved last week and are up on the website now, and there is a CUSG meeting this week - I'll open a new topic about that though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CUOSC 03 Oct 2025 10:44 #50

  • Waterworks
  • Waterworks's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Ball Boy
  • Posts: 94
  • Likes received: 23
I don't doubt your intentions deano, but it's just simply not good enough and that's all there is to it. All this secrecy and confidentially is just pathetic. A buffer created to fend off people trying to ask hard questions.

There is absolutely no need for it and whilst I know you want change and isn't your fault personally, until certain people leave it won't change. It should be a open and transparent process, obviously a few aspects remain private but basically all pressing issues are kept quiet because the organisation has in some ways let Nixon and co make it that way.

Not an attack on you as like I say I believe your an asset to CUOSC.

Also anybody questioning lummys motives or intentions is a complete pillock. In an era of secrecy and mystery he is someone close to the club. He is respected and goes out of his way to find information out for us and cares passionately about the fans/club.
Last Edit: 03 Oct 2025 10:47 by Waterworks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) Liked this post:: Arragorn, franksidebottom
Moderators: Mouldy
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds
Go to top