Armo wrote:
Bombing makes bugger all difference, as mentioned, i'm sure between France, the US and Russia (yeah, right) there's enough bombing going on. After all, it's only costing the US ~$350m a month. I'm sure George has got that sort of loose change in his back pocket.
Only thing that'll make a difference is feet on the ground but nobody is crazy enough to go down that road except Turkey who have their own interests.
But, saying all that, it's a good idea. It's Crazy to bomb Iraq but then to stop at the border. Also, as a sign of a united front with the West and as a gesture of support for France it sends a strong signal of defiance.
What I want to know is, supposedly this ISIS is minted, selling all this oil they nicked, who the [censored] is buying it? That's who we should be going after.
That's what I want to know too, I've often worried that in some sick, ironic way, some of their oil is being sold in the west. Its a question that seems to never be answered.
I'm for bombing, however - I agree, it can only have a certain impact. They're an enemy who live within plenty of innocent people too, so we can't just go for it on places like Raqqa; a lot of their strongholds now have an underground network of tunnels to avoid their death toll in a bombing as well. An argument seems to be that we should cut off ties with states who sympathize with Isis instead, I don't understand why we can't do both. Saudi are well rumored to play a major part in funding these d!cks, be nice to get concrete evidence then western countries such as us, USA, France etc can condemn them for it. I know though, these governments will be reluctant to do this with the Saudi's, so its probably unrealistic